Found Deceased OR - Katharine 'Katy' Roe, 22, Depoe Bay, 17 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://www.facebook.com/lincolncountysheriff/posts/1005213112901236

Lincoln County Major Crime Team members immediately responded where detectives were able to make a positive presumptive identification of the recovered body to be missing person, Katharine “Katy” Roe of Depoe Bay.

and

"no obvious indications of foul play"

Heartbreaking. :( Her body was found "just outside the jaws of Depoe Bay." How did this happen? Did she slip and fall in the dark while looking at the moon. Was there a sneaker wave after all? I don't suppose we will ever know. I'm glad for her family that she was found. I can't imagine their grief.
:rose:

Oh noooo :tears:

Heartfelt condolences to all of her loved ones.

Here's a story of a man a few miles down the coast who was knocked into the bay recently by a large wave. My guess is, that's what happened to her too.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2016/04/man_falls_into_rough_ocean_wat.html

Although it's almost always people from out of town who get caught by a sneaker wave, it could happen to a local too in the middle of the night or any time, really. Usually locals know how to be careful, but if the moon tempted her to go further out on the cliff than is safe...well, I guess we won't ever know. It's such a tragedy.

So sad. RIP Katy. I really feel for her sister (a twin IIRC?) and grandmother right now.

I guess we'll never know if it was an accident?

I was hoping it wouldn't be something like this. Sad.

This is so sad!
I feel for her family, friends, and community.
Katy was so loved!
RIP Katy!!

Well, just dammit. I think we all essentially knew where this would end. Bless her little heart. I hope her last moments were calm and not frightened or hurtful. As many have already said, now we must send supporting thoughts and prayers to her family. Her grandmother's house has suddenly gotten much bigger since Katy won't be returning to it. She was our little Madonna, and she really got right beside me. This one gets to me and makes me very sad.

I wonder how much the autopsy and tox screen will tell us. LE (IIRC, it was LE) declared that they could find no signs of violence, but we'll let the ME make that opinion a reality, if possible. I don't know if they have enuff to work with to determine her BAC. Will they be able to find traces of GHB in her system after all these days?

May Katy rest in peace, and may her family remember all of the wonderful things about her and be able to sleep well.

Sigh.
icon9.png

Well, just dammit. I think we all essentially knew where this would end. Bless her little heart. I hope her last moments were calm and not frightened or hurtful. As many have already said, now we must send supporting thoughts and prayers to her family. Her grandmother's house has suddenly gotten much bigger since Katy won't be returning to it. She was our little Madonna, and she really got right beside me. This one gets to me and makes me very sad.

I wonder how much the autopsy and tox screen will tell us. LE (IIRC, it was LE) declared that they could find no signs of violence, but we'll let the ME make that opinion a reality, if possible. I don't know if they have enuff to work with to determine her BAC. Will they be able to find traces of GHB in her system after all these days? May Katy rest in peace, and may her family remember all of the wonderful things about her and be able to sleep well.

Sigh.
icon9.png

Well with no indication of foul play and it was publicized that they had one drink - I can't find anything about GHB regarding Katy, so where did this come from.? Seriously.

Could it be just a tragic accident?

Well with no indication of foul play and it was publicized that they had one drink - I can't find anything about GHB regarding Katy, so where did this come from.? Seriously.

Could it be just a tragic accident?

I'm not sure where the GHB idea came from, but here's a possibility. When someone referred to Katy as drunk, I said we had no idea whether she had more than one drink or if someone slipped her a mickey. I wasn't suggesting anyone had...but was just defending her from being called drunk and from the implication that it caused her probable demise. My point was that we didn't have enough information to state that she was impaired at all. I guess my comment was misinterpreted or misread. It certainly could be a tragic accident.

They have already confirmed there was no foul play so speculation about ghb is ridiculous and irresponsible.

Not the outcome we hoped for, certainly...but rest in peace, Katy. My heart goes out to your family and friends. You touched so many people in your young life. You will continue to do so. Fly safe, sweet girl.

My thoughts are with her family, friends and community. I really was hoping it wouldn't be this. Love to everyone.

They have already confirmed there was no foul play so speculation about ghb is ridiculous and irresponsible.

"No obvious signs of foul play"
"The jaws of depoe bay" is that the mouth of the river ? If so it implies she was around that bridge. I still am struggling to believe that it was an accident. God its horrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1
Back