Found Deceased OR - Katharine 'Katy' Roe, 22, Depoe Bay, 17 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Around 51 seconds in this video, there looks to be a van parked. Is this the same van, only it's the front of it?

IMOO.

http://www.kptv.com/story/31812820/clothing-worn-by-missing-depoe-bay-woman-found-near-shoreline

IMO they are the same van.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...poe-Bay-17-April-2016&p=12507959#post12507959
http://www.kptv.com/story/31812820/clothing-worn-by-missing-depoe-bay-woman-found-near-shoreline
http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&story_id=51875&page=86

van.jpgimage.jpg

The roof line is the same, the body style is the same, the color is the same. I can't imagine there are 2 that park near there.

Still thinking of Katy....
The vest was fleece, not lace. I think that was a typo somewhere.
There is only one van that parks there - pretty certain both pictures are the same van.
Authorities are still saying no connection to Owen Woods. His credit card was used in San Diego according to an April 25th post by California Advocates for the Missing (if I am not supposed to share this link, mods, please delete with my apologies) but he has not been found.

Authorities are still saying no connection to Owen Woods. His credit card was used in San Diego according to an April 25th post by California Advocates for the Missing (if I am not supposed to share this link, mods, please delete with my apologies) but he has not been found.

If true could be a good sign or a bad one, I guess. With 'tap and go' technology it's pretty easy to use a credit card if it's not yours these days. Could be stolen.

Latest news update on the search for Katy http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&story_id=51877&page=86 . The le have combed the beach looking for anything that mightaidthe search. The homeless man has been found and questioned. He is a beach comber apparently. This article drags us back to square one in the mystery. Does this also suggest that had Katy somehow ended in the sea her remains would have ended up at this beach ? I think it does.

Latest news update on the search for Katy http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&story_id=51877&page=86 . The le have combed the beach looking for anything that mightaidthe search. The homeless man has been found and questioned. He is a beach comber apparently. This article drags us back to square one in the mystery. Does this also suggest that had Katy somehow ended in the sea her remains would have ended up at this beach ? I think it does.

Although they collected an article of clothing on this search, LE discounts a connection to Katy. So yes, we are back at square one. I'm assuming the rock and beach searches are over for Katy unless something new comes up.

“At this time the Major Crime Team has conducted searches of the area that they feel meet the need of the investigation and takes the safety of the searching personnel into consideration,” said Jenny Demaris, Lincoln County’s emergency manager.

Apparently this cove is where everything that goes into Depoe Bay ends up, so I guess the fact that her remains haven't ended up there could indicate that she didn't end up in the sea. But we still wonder how her vest got there. Her poor family and friends.

http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&story_id=51877&page=86

The cove the man in the article refers to is just across the highway from the Wing Wa below Sunset Ave. There is also a scenic park across from the Wing Wa. I don't think we can discount that Katy may have stopped there to look at the moon. The time of her text doesn't necessarily indicate how far she had walked before texting. If she did stop so close to the Wing Wa, she would have been easy pickings for anyone leaving the bar when it closed, as she did. Do we know if this cove is where her vest was found? I don't think they've released that info.

http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&story_id=51877&page=86

This only adds to the mystery but i remember reading on facebook someone saying " there just seems to be no footage of her". I am confident that if LE had found some of her they would have told us as well. This also supports the theory of her walking on the ocean side of 101. All the shops are on the other side. Does anyone think the whale center in depoe bay state park would have cctv ?. "I hope this can become a legal requirement some day." Thats a very good idea, it would help no end in cases like this and very many others.

I don’t believe there are any CCTV cameras anywhere in this area, except private security cameras inside stores, and on private property. I doubt there would be much, if any support for public CCTV camera systems. 1. Because they would be too expensive, and 2. because there would be major privacy concerns with them.

its a sign of the times imo. However if the law stated that private businesses had to have cctv without a centralized ownership (ie government run) as is the case in the uk I think it would be much more in keeping with american culture.

Nope, CCTV is a UK cultual thing, not an American thing. If we took a vote on it here, I’m sure it would be voted down about 10 to 1.

I just started following this thread, because yesterday I was in Newport, OR and saw quite a few of the missing persons posters up for this case.

My thoughts. A drunk woman, late at night, walking along the sea wall, while texting about the moon over the ocean, is a disaster waiting to happen. People fall into the water and drown all the time here.

Summer drownings, 2006-present

I just started following this thread, because yesterday I was in Newport, OR and saw quite a few of the missing persons posters up for this case.

My thoughts. A drunk woman, late at night, walking along the sea wall, while texting about the moon over the ocean, is a disaster waiting to happen. People fall into the water and drown all the time here.

Summer drownings, 2006-present

Please let's not blame the victim. There is no evidence that Katy was drunk. We have not been told in MSM anything other than that she stayed to finish one drink. If she had more or was slipped a mickey, we don't know. Even without being drunk, this was a potential disaster just because she was walking alone and was vulnerable to abduction. She grew up in Depoe Bay, felt safe walking, and locals earlier on the thread believe that she would know to be careful near the ocean, unlike visitors. All but two of the drownings on the linked map were visitors. The locals were from Coos Bay and Cannon Beach. That isn't to say that she couldn't have taken a chance and ended up in the water, but it isn't as common for locals as it is for visitors. Whatever happened to Katy is a tragedy, however it happened. JMO

Although they collected an article of clothing on this search, LE discounts a connection to Katy. So yes, we are back at square one. I'm assuming the rock and beach searches are over for Katy unless something new comes up.

“At this time the Major Crime Team has conducted searches of the area that they feel meet the need of the investigation and takes the safety of the searching personnel into consideration,” said Jenny Demaris, Lincoln County’s emergency manager.

Apparently this cove is where everything that goes into Depoe Bay ends up, so I guess the fact that her remains haven't ended up there could indicate that she didn't end up in the sea. But we still wonder how her vest got there. Her poor family and friends.

The cove the man in the article refers to is just across the highway from the Wing Wa below Sunset Ave. There is also a scenic park across from the Wing Wa. I don't think we can discount that Katy may have stopped there to look at the moon. The time of her text doesn't necessarily indicate how far she had walked before texting. If she did stop so close to the Wing Wa, she would have been easy pickings for anyone leaving the bar when it closed, as she did. Do we know if this cove is where her vest was found? I don't think they've released that info.

Are we sure the cove and beach are connected ? I don't believe Katy would have stopped here or any of the scenic parks to have a look as well. That beach is accessed by a " steep and dangerous path" not somewhere she would likely go to at that time of night. Her gm ws waiting up for her, I think this would have made her take the quickest route home. Could she have perhaps tied her fleecearound her waist and it blew off into the water ? Although it does suggest she may be in the wter, horrible thought. But still it also suggests she would have ended up at that beachif it was the case ? I lit a candle for Katy, her family and friends and community the other day I would appreciate it if anyone reading this could do the same.

Are we sure the cove and beach are connected ? I don't believe Katy would have stopped here or any of the scenic parks to have a look as well. That beach is accessed by a " steep and dangerous path" not somewhere she would likely go to at that time of night. Her gm ws waiting up for her, I think this would have made her take the quickest route home. Could she have perhaps tied her fleecearound her waist and it blew off into the water ? Although it does suggest she may be in the wter, horrible thought. But still it also suggests she would have ended up at that beachif it was the case ? I lit a candle for Katy, her family and friends and community the other day I would appreciate it if anyone reading this could do the same.

I'm not sure if the beach where her vest was found and the recently searched cove are connected. Of course water moves things around. I don't think she would have gone down to the beach, so her vest being there is worrisome. But I can picture her crossing the highway after leaving the Wing Wa and standing in that small scenic park overlook to look at the moon. What happened next is a huge concern. We also don't know if she had another drink and/or someone slipped something in it, rendering her dizzy and off balance. :(

I'm not sure if the beach where her vest was found and the recently searched cove are connected. Of course water moves things around. I don't think she would have gone down to the beach, so her vest being there is worrisome. But I can picture her crossing the highway after leaving the Wing Wa and standing in that small scenic park overlook to look at the moon. What happened next is a huge concern. We also don't know if she had another drink and/or someone slipped something in it, rendering her dizzy and off balance. :(

I can't see her being in that park for three reasons firstly she likely would have been seen entering it, secondly the twelve minute gap between her first and last text, thirdly her words about looking at the ocean. I truly believe she was near that bridge. I struggle to think as well that anyone in that bar would spike her drink, they are all local and that's one helluva risk to take. She could well have had another drink though. I am not sure of the time gap between her gm leaving but I don't think it would have been long if they arrived at ww at midnight, that's not much time for a deviant to act. I think someone not local has done something whilst passing her on that road.

I can't see her being in that park for three reasons firstly she likely would have been seen entering it, secondly the twelve minute gap between her first and last text, thirdly her words about looking at the ocean. I truly believe she was near that bridge. I struggle to think as well that anyone in that bar would spike her drink, they are all local and that's one helluva risk to take. She could well have had another drink though. I am not sure of the time gap between her gm leaving but I don't think it would have been long if they arrived at ww at midnight, that's not much time for a deviant to act. I think someone not local has done something whilst passing her on that road.

I expect you're right. :(

Some bars have surveillance cameras - not so much to watch the customer's but the bartenders. I wonder if Wing Wa did and might have caught something. I also tend to think it was not someone 'local'. By local, I mean someone who doesn't live in Depoe Bay, but is familiar enough with the area. Maybe someone from Lincoln City or Newport where Katy works. Everyone has to buy groceries so there is strong chance it could be someone who has seen her in the Newport Safeway. (I worked in a Safeway for 4 years.) They might have stopped at the Wing Wa and recognized her. I hope the bartender or those tending tables might have noticed someone who was not a regular. (That might be a long shot.) This might be someone who saw her grandmother leave and went out in their car to wait till she came out.

And then again, it could very well be someone who didn't even go inside the Wing Wa, but did something while passing down the road. That would be tough to solve.

Obviously I don't know her and if she's anything like me at that age, but I keep thinking if I met someone (or someone I already knew) and wanted to hang out with them a little longer, maybe make out a little bit, I wouldn't say that but would instead say I'm enjoying watching the stars or moon or whatever other excuse... It's possible she wasn't really "looking at the moon" but rather a cute smile or dazzling eyes...

Diver hired to search trough

DEPOE BAY — The Depoe Bay City Council agreed Tuesday, May 3, to hire a diver to search a trough near an area where a vest belonging to Katherine “Katy” Roe was found in the ocean.

The search is expected to start no later than Monday, May 9, a city councilman said.

Diver hired to search trough

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back