OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I opined earlier this morning, since it's day #10 and esp now that LE has declared this a "criminal investigation" and stopped most of the search activity, the between-the-lines message is that LE does not believe Kyron is still alive at this point.

That means they're now looking for his body and of course trying to find who took him.

Exactly. Without transparency we have a police state.

I fall on the side that if telling the public nothing is how LE collects rock solid evidence to put this monster away forever, I'm good with that.

If I had a marijuana grow operation, if I knew that I was not involved in any way with Kyron's disappearance and if I had already checked my property myself... well, it might be difficult for me to set aside my right to privacy. After all, I'd have something I really must hide from LE and I would know that allowing LE onto my property would not contribute any information to the search.

Yes, folks, this is yet another problem with the "war on drugs." People who may have a couple pot plants out in the garage become unwilling to cooperate with LE in any way because the consequences of doing so can be catastrophic.

Law enforcement is doing the right thing, in my opinion, by telling people they are setting aside anything irrelevant to the search. I only hope that property owners can find the courage to trust LE on this.

Even if LE sticks to their word of no arrest/prosecution I suppose they will forever remain on their radar especially if it's a pot growing field vs some plants in the garage..I assume this $$$ making operation would need to GO if the owners have any brains at all.

I know searching without permission won't go over well with many innocent citizens either so what's the answer to this very serious problem? :waitasec:

Here in CA, LE releases very little information about an ongoing investigation to avoid jeopardizing their work.
FL, OTOH, tells you just about everything and more.

Does anyone know if it is atypical of LE to be tight lipped in OR? To me, it makes perfect sense that we the public should not be told everything during the active investigation. Generally speaking,I am not sure why we need the investigation to be transparent to us at this juncture. At some point , absolutely, but on a need to know basis for now LOL.

It is the new way in missing persons cases that LE are trained in all states, it is suppose to work and help keep the victim alive.:waitasec:

This is not to say that I wouldn't rather ALWAYS think that my child is alive -- but I like to put "alive and safe" together. I may get jumped on for this, but what horrors did these kids put up with for the months and years they were gone? I cannot even imagine the state I would be in if my daughter went missing, but at some point, I'd rather find her body then think she is with some sicko who is raping and keeping her locked up for years. (And I'm crying as I type this....) I would hope Kyron is alive and lost; if some SO got him, I hope he is at peace.

Very well said, better to be with the Lord than suffering at the hands of a sicko.

I disagree with many of the (obviously concerned and caring) people on this forum. I believe at this point LE owes us, the public, almost nothing. Their obligation is to Kyron. I believe the family owes us even less. Why should they show us, strangers, their pain? Why should they have to weep in front of us to be considered decent people? Many have said "if they want our help..." but honestly, unless you live in the area or see Kyron somewhere, they haven't asked for anything. And they have thanked those who have offered prayers and support.
Someone up-thread referred to LE as incredibly disciplined, and I agree. I've never seen any LE keep everyone in line so well. No leaks. No hints to certain reporters. I applaud them for the way the are handling the case, as much as it might frustrate my personal curiosity. But the case is not about appeasing me. When it's all over, they can account to taxpayers for their decisions, but not till then.

Well, if LE never tells US, the ones who pay their salaries, anything about missing children cases, do we sit back and pretend that all these kids who disappear have been beamed aboard by aliens?

OR, should we be worried and take extra, above all the one we now have to take, precautions so our kiddies don't get taken and disapper into the "void"?

It would be nice if none of us were accountable for what we do, but I believe this might not be a good idea in the case of missing children.

Naturally, this is only my opinion as a citizen, taxpayer, parent, and grandparent. Hell, if they disappear, one less mouth to feed?

This is not to say that I wouldn't rather ALWAYS think that my child is alive -- but I like to put "alive and safe" together. I may get jumped on for this, but what horrors did these kids put up with for the months and years they were gone? I cannot even imagine the state I would be in if my daughter went missing, but at some point, I'd rather find her body then think she is with some sicko who is raping and keeping her locked up for years. (And I'm crying as I type this....) I would hope Kyron is alive and lost; if some SO got him, I hope he is at peace.

You would be surprised at how resilient the human spirit is. I don't say this because I would ever want any child to endure anything this horrific but because I think they are able to over come things we can't imagine. The mind is an amazing organ, it can heal and forget and overcome things you can only imagine. But I 100% understand where you are coming from.

oh, a week from father's day. I have a bad feeling next sunday will be absolutely horrible for dad and stepdad :(

Can someone tell me where you guys watched the presser live? I'm trying to find a vid of it.

thanks.

I doubt they have a confession or they would probably know where Kyron could be found and would not have posted the reward today.

I'm sorry, & I can already feel the daggers being thrown at my back, but when I think of the immediate family going about their daily routine within minutes of little Kyron going missing - I'm immediately reminded of Casey going about her daily barhopping routine while Caylee was "supposedly" kidnapped. I hope the family isn't involved, I really hope so.

No matter what anyone says, no matter the scenario, and even though I'm not the one living this nightmare - there's nothing & nobody in hedoubletoothpicks that would keep me from looking for my child. Period. Plain & simple.

The family went back to their regular routine within minutes of Kyron missing?? I must have missed that. Do you have a link?

This was addressed to JulieAnne but if it's ok, I'd like to put in my thoughts that the picture makes me uncomfortable too, and it's simply because there is one. I have no idea what JulieAnne's thoughts are.

Yes, because there is one and because within minutes he disappeared - apparently off the face of the earth.

And because according to reports in the paper (should I copy a link to it?) his stepmom posted it to her fb page that day around lunch time.

My opinion is that if reports are correct in that she had only two pictures of him on her fb collection until that, I find it odd. Just my opinion, as I said.

Very well said, better to be with the Lord than suffering at the hands of a sicko.

ITA and with twzzlrgirl who posted originally. I couldn't have put it better myself, words are very hard to type. They turns thoughts into black and white and sometimes that is so heartbreaking.

I am however probably naive, but I will keep praying for him to come home unharmed.

OR, should we be worried and take extra, above all the one we now have to take, precautions so our kiddies don't get taken and disapper into the "void"?

I don't think you (or anyone) has to live in a state of paranoia and constant fear. There are many commonsense tactics to keeping a child safe. If you find your fear is not abating you can always get a GPS device and put it on your child to track their whereabouts just in case they go missing.

My tongue-in-cheek joke with some friends is that once the kids have reached their (surly/moody/monosyllabic/eat-you-out-of-home) teen years, they're usually pretty safe because...dealing with a surly teen? Yeah, okay. Just bring him back when he's over 18.

As would all of us. Anything that would help.

Many distraught people suffer from sleeplessness and then the compounding result of extreme general fatigue. It is amazing that this family had the energy to go to "hit the gym".

I think the family's spokesman (officer) should be nominated for an Academy Award.

I posted on last thread other reasons the parents would have gone to gym.

I guess you all can keep on this track. You may be right after all.

But considering that these people and those who love and care for them can read every word here, and that this has been going on for 12 threads now, if you all turn out to be wrong will there be just as many public apologies for accusing them of the most heinous crime any parent could be accused of?

I know searching without permission won't go over well with many innocent citizens either so what's the answer to this very serious problem? :waitasec:

We already have the answer....search warrants when there's enough reason to suspect something.

Here in CA, LE releases very little information about an ongoing investigation to avoid jeopardizing their work.
FL, OTOH, tells you just about everything and more.

Does anyone know if it is atypical of LE to be tight lipped in OR? To me, it makes perfect sense that we the public should not be told everything during the active investigation. Generally speaking,I am not sure why we need the investigation to be transparent to us at this juncture. At some point , absolutely, but on a need to know basis for now LOL.

I've noticed from the Haleigh Cummings case, where LE didn't give any info, there was/is no resolution. In the Caylee Anthony case, where it all hung out, they got a body and a perp.

Tell it like it is and let the public in. If you don't, I believe you get cold cases and murderers get away with it.

This would be a good statistical study, does anyone know of one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966