OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been many crimes linked to 4chan, one man even killed his gf and posted the pics there. Someone reposted the naked, lifeless pics of her on there, where he talked about her son would be home to find her murdered soon. It's a sick subculture and can only breed bad things. And almost all these people have a web presence.

ETA: the pics above were posted today, in the thread about these shootings.

ETA 2: how many of these people do we find have extremely disturbing stuff online?

there is no proof as of now that this incident has any connection to 4chan, there is some speculation.

before calling for action to be taken i think we should wait for proof.

im not talking about any other case, im talking about this one.

Now that the shooter has been identified, I wonder why people are on here reading about it if they do not want to add to his notoriety? I agree that these narcisstic losers are looking for it, but then why is everyone on here reading about him?

I can only answer for myself, but I'm here for updates on the victims for the most part. Initially, I was here to find out if the shooter had been "neutralized" as LE puts it. There is much more to this tragedy than the name of the monster who did this. It's a story that as parents, is our worst nightmare. We want to know how to prevent these tragedies. NOT naming the creep is one small gesture that could help to prevent another horrific day like today. Fame is like the carrot in front of the horse to these creeps. I think removing the carrot is a good thing.

Where are their parents? How are they being forced to send nude photos? My child wouldn't have a phone if this behavior was happening.

I don't have kids. Just something that happened in my town. 3 sixteen year old men were charged for passing around a photo of a co-eds breasts and other body parts. Sad.

Moved to Oregon in 2013

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-...ved-in-torrance-graduated-from-switzer-center

Lists of South Bay graduates from 2009 published in the Daily Breeze showed Harper-Mercer graduated from the Switzer Learning Center in Torrance with four other students. Switzer teaches students with learning disabilities and emotional issues.

A former behavioral aide at Switzer, who did not want her name used, said the majority of the students at the school are from foster, low-income and single-parent homes. Some of these students were expelled from other schools or had been in trouble with the law.

The school is divided among special needs students and those with behavioral problems.

How many teenagers have "behavioral problems"? This is what our society has delivered. So many broken families, broken lives we are dysfunctional as a whole.

What were "behavioral problems" in the 1980s? Why has it changed?

there is no proof as of now that this incident has any connection to 4chan, there is some speculation.

before calling for action to be taken i think we should wait for proof.

im not talking about any other case, im talking about this one.

I politely, but strongly disagree. I am generally not one for censorship, but that site is filled with people who think of these killers as martyrs and heroes. Whether the majority of them are serious or not, who knows. However, it's already been linked to illegal activities, and glorified violence against others. Sorry, but, I don't think it should exist in any capacity. The fact when that was posted, regardless if it was the killer or not, other people posted with tips and saying do it?!? Nope. They need to go.

And when I brought up 4chan in my original response you replied to, it was in regards to the fact that sites like that exist, not just 4chan, and I believe that it helps mold some of these people's mind into thinking in a seriously delusional way, and I believe it plays a part in why we are seeing an increase in these cases. Could you imagine feeling bullied, insignificant, alone, and resentful towards people and then finding these online groups that sympathize and encourage people to take action and harm others? I used 4chan as an example, but there are many other dark corners of the web. And lots of these mass murderers have a very active internet life filled with disturbing content. Prior to the Internet, I don't think there were any well established groups for teens/young adults who had these feelings or thoughts which were then encouraged and supported in such sick ways as we see nowadays.

All of this is JMO. But I am looking for why there is an increase in these things, and I think that could be one of many facets of it. And there is nothing that will convince me that a site with subforums like the ones on 4chan should be given s benefit of the doubt. Surely if anyone heard these people saying the things they are typing there over lunch they would call the cops. Why is it different when it's typed online? Because it's anonymous?

4chan has been around since IRC days back way back when. JMO.

According to Wikipedia(lol) it was launched late 2003 by a 15 year old and was originally just a site for anime discussion. If wiki is accurate it's in the top 700 sites on the Internet and has peaked at #56 as far as traffic goes.

According to Wikipedia(lol) it was launched late 2003 by a 15 year old and was originally just a site for anime discussion. If wiki is accurate it's in the top 700 sites on the Internet and has peaked at #56 as far as traffic goes.

I really don't think 4Chan is the problem, a lot of great things have been born on that site in between a LOT of irrelevance and humour .. people say things on there for shock value all the time, I can understand the users not taking that person seriously before the crime, however the ones that posted gleeful messages after he did should rot in hell IMO.

Those stats make me so sad.

I really don't think 4Chan is the problem, a lot of great things have been born on that site in between a LOT of irrelevance and humour .. people say things on there for shock value all the time, I can understand the users not taking that person seriously before the crime, however the ones that posted gleeful messages after he did should rot in hell IMO.

It appears there is a subculture on 4chan that even most of the users find disturbing. And I agree not all aspects of the site are bad, lots of humor and generally benign discussions. And i just used 4chan as an example, because it was referenced as possibly being linked to this case, but, there are many more sites that have the same offensive content, if not worse. I just think maybe the disconnect we see from some of these killers, particular those with a heavy web print, is cultivated by living in a delusion online.

What's really creepy is that someone is living with, or next door to some of these people gleefully cheering on this murderer. How terrifying.

ETA: and I totally agree a lot of the posters just say stuff trolling, or for shock value, it's really crazy how being a troll online is a real thing that exists!!

I think I made my point the best way I can, and I am falling asleep so will stop on this subject. Of course all JMO, but I would love to hear why others think this is increasingly happening. Killers throughout history have gained notoriety, and guns have always been relatively easy to obtain. So what about our culture has changed to see this increase? I imagine it's a multitude of complexities.

Goodnight folks, hug your families and friends tightly and treat others kindly. I have faith the world can get its act together.

It appears there is a subculture on 4chan that even most of the users find disturbing. And I agree not all aspects of the site are bad, lots of humor and generally benign discussions. And i just used 4chan as an example, because it was referenced as possibly being linked to this case, but, there are many more sites that have the same offensive content, if not worse. I just think maybe the disconnect we see from some of these killers, particular those with a heavy web print, is cultivated by living in a delusion online.

What's really creepy is that someone is living with, or next door to some of these people gleefully cheering on this murderer. How terrifying.

ETA: and I totally agree a lot of the posters just say stuff trolling, or for shock value, it's really crazy how being a troll online is a real thing that exists!!

All I was trying to say is IRC has been been around for decades for "dark" channeling. This is where hackers started (lol) and now it's more pretty with images. Same outlet, just more advanced. MOO

And a lot of this unpleasant stuff -- like men posting photographs of the partners they've murdered -- has also happened on other social media as well, notably Facebook, but also reddit, and many others.

And a lot of this unpleasant stuff -- like men posting photographs of the partners they've murdered -- has also happened on other social media as well, notably Facebook, but also reddit, and many others.
I can only say that when a 21yr old says she's disgusted and the sight should be shut down maybe we should listen. (and that was long before today)

I can only say that when a 21yr old says she's disgusted and the sight should be shut down maybe we should listen. (and that was long before today)

Where is Snowden when we need him?

(kidddinng)

G157Eaq.jpg

Chris Mintz, 30

LINK

Forget Oregon’s Gunman. Remember the Hero Who Charged Straight at Him.
by Michael Daily
10.02.1512:34 AM ET

The Chris to remember is 30-year-old Chris Mintz, the student and Army vet who was shot at least five times while charging straight at the gunman in an effort to save others.

Mintz did so on the sixth birthday of his son, Tyrik.

“It’s my son’s birthday, it’s my son’s birthday,” he was heard to say as he lay wounded.

It wasnt Muhammed or Ahmed this time, but someone born in England.
I do agree they do not deserve any attention, better not post their names or photos.
Oregon shooter targeted Christians, for a reason unknown, but if true its a hate crime.
People filled with hate and guns in their hands are dangerous mix.

http://www.kcci.com/national/active-shooter-reported-at-oregon-college/35600136

Sent via Tapatalk

I'm not sure who you're quoting but I can speak for myself: There is absolutely not one single reason that we cannot obtain knowledge about mass murderers and learn the signs, WITHOUT plastering their names and faces all over the news.

Everything important can be reported without naming and identifying them. Come on guys.

To me, the problem with not identifying them is that you give free reign to the media to assign motive to the action. We've already seen the killer identified as anti-Christian, a Muslim, a nazi. If we don't know who he is, how is the truth found? It makes it far too easy to politicize the action without input from people who actually know him.

Now that the shooter has been identified, I wonder why people are on here reading about it if they do not want to add to his notoriety? I agree that these narcisstic losers are looking for it, but then why is everyone on here reading about him?

Funny, I've been on here for a long time off and on and am not reading a thing about him. This site isn't just for those who want to research every aspect of the coward's identity. It is also for people who want to discuss possible solutions. You know mine. It's possible to scroll and not click on articles.

Finally, the media is what creates notoriety. Not websleuths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove