OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal opinion is that the arrest was for the purpose of getting information. Hence, the silence.

Detective Henderson's comment about new information may have had to do with that expectation.

The canary has been released from his cage. I expect/hope he sang a little louder than they expected, and gave them info they can't release. More silence.

Let's just hope something big is going on. MOO, JMO, etc.
I am thinking the same thing! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

KT*V/10 thanked me for letting them know about the FB page. I replied asking them if we were still waiting for news. If they don't answer, I will call them tomorrow. Meanwhile, they don't respond to most posts which means they were particularly interested in mine? It's on their FB page under "recent posts by others". If there were a few more comments under it, that might spark another response...
----
Unfortunately, I think the canary caging had absolutely nothing to with this case.,,,I think bird is just drawn to cages.

KT*V/10 thanked me for letting them know about the FB page. I replied asking them if we were still waiting for news. If they don't answer, I will call them tomorrow. Meanwhile, they don't respond to most posts which means they were particularly interested in mine? It's on their FB page under "recent posts by others". If there were a few more comments under it, that might spark another response...
----
Unfortunately, I think the canary caging had absolutely nothing to with this case.,,,I think bird is just drawn to cages.

I saw your link to the FB page on KTVL FB. Good job. Maybe if you posted your question about the Friday "new info" comment by Henderson as a new post it would get more attention at the top of the comments. I think it got lost among more recent posts.

Regarding the canary, yes, some folks are just drawn to trouble and he is one. I think the fact that the warrant was issued from Jackson county after he left is interesting. It was for FTA (failure to appear) on a previous charge. They could have picked him up here if that was a big concern. It could just be my imagination running wild, but I'm thinking something came to light after he left last weekend, and they seized an opportunity to put pressure on him to talk. They ended up with a bonus new charge in the process. I would be interested to know if charges were dropped or reduced in exchange for info. The court date for Monday is still on. Will he show up? All of this is just wishful thinking/speculation on my part.

Thank you Neptune for the info. I am going to call Det. Henderson on Monday and ask WHY!!! I am tired of the silence and lack of press releases & lack of info on Namus and on & on & on!!!!

Unfortunately, unless there are new developments, LE will not keep the public informed regularly that this is an active case. They have many cases, and new ones landing on their desks daily. Working with the media and keeping the public informed is of lower priority than solving crimes and securing evidence. I believe we all get that.

But... I've seen two things that JCSO does that sets them apart from more sophisticated agencies -- and by sophisticated I mean professional, not necessarily larger. As an example, Benton County on the Brooke Wilberger case -- they were diligent about keeping the media informed. They are a small agency, but they understood what details needed to be released and when. They were careful not to give too much information, but enough to solicit the public's help and generate meaningful tips. I personally know that it was someone from the public who gave LE key evidence on the green van in Brooke's case – a "green van" is all the lead LE had, and they gave it to the public. Someone in the public acted -- found a camera near the scene of the crime, downloaded the video off the Internet that showed a green van and the license plate number, and gave it to LE… who were most appreciative. That evidence eventually found her murderer. A license plate number led to the body of Whitney Heichel. License plate info is critical.

One: When JCSO does release information it's too late and too vague. You can’t both ask for the public’s help and give them nothing by which to help you. There is no point in telling the public Stephanie’s SUV was driven late one night and early the next morning without giving the times or the timeframe. We get it -- her vehicle was driven that night. How does that information in any way help the public help you? There is also no point in releasing a photo of her vehicle a month after she went missing or without giving the plate number – unless Stephanie drives the only dark green SUV in the Ashland/Medford area and everyone in that area has exceptional memory.

This was “vagueness” by design.

Two: JCSO doesn't seem to understand that when information is already out to the public -- it's out! You try reeling it back in, change details, deny what is true, and you lose the public's confidence. It makes us wonder how well you’re handling the case. It makes us wonder if more brain power is spent thinking about how to control the public’s perception of the investigation than actually working the details of it.

If a law enforcement officer calls a trusted reporter with an update, do you think the reporter says “I can't talk, I'm busy”? No - they are always willing to talk to a valuable source. It's that easy for JCSO -- call them up, they'll listen and report what is told to them to the public. If what is given to the public is timely and specific, the tips going into the JCSO will be timely and specific. JCSO will be in a better position to solve cases.

I can’t imagine it goes like this in a closed-door conversation at the sheriff’s office... “We can give the public information on the make, model, and color of her vehicle -- but we just don’t have the funds to say her license plate number.”

These communication decisions have nothing to do with budget cuts!

I have it on good authority (but second, third or fourth hand) that media vans have been seen in the Ruch/Applegate Valley area this afternoon. I hope this turns out to be what we've been waiting for. News is at 6:00. I will report back afterward one way or another. Thanks for your patience.

I have it on good authority (but second or third hand) that media vans have been seen in the Ruch/Applegate Valley area this afternoon. I hope this turns out to be what we've been waiting for. News is at 6:00. I will report back afterward one way or another. Thanks for your patience.

Sounds like something's afoot.

Truly hope LE found the time to take notes on the videos posted by Helias314.

I recorded the KTVL 10 6:00 pm news and will review it again, but here's the gist of it. It was a phone interview, so a little hard to understand. I have reviewed it several times and and inserted quotes and a little more info.

Reporter said that "things are moving fast in the investigation" of Stephanie Warner's disappearance.

Detective Henderson said (as best as I could make out) "Areas are being covered that need to be covered right now and there are gonna be searches here in the near future."

Reporter said that when LE served a warrant at Stephanie's recently, Lonnie his son and others were living there, but they left the area.

Detective Henderson said that POI Lonnie is somewhere in northern Oregon. They've heard different things about "where he's at" and LE is not in touch with him right now. They have been in touch with his son and he talked about picking him up in Silverton, OR on a warrant from Jackson county. When asked if son is involved in the investigation he said he really couldn't comment on that. (Hmmmmm)

A friend of Stephanie's from the area said that there is a lot going on behind the scenes, complimented JCSO ("Thumbs up"), told people to be patient and said "We don't want to mess this up for the officers". (I can't resist the "Taxi Driver" line..."You talkin' to me?"...and the rest of WS!)

Reporter said that friends had been caring for animals at Stephanie's and arrangements were being made to disperse them to friends. (My understanding on Tuesday when I was out there was that the dispersal was happening that evening).

Reporter said that Stephanie's family is grateful for all the support.

I will review the story again and amend and correct if necessary. If anyone else saw it, feel free to chime in.

I think this report is as good as I can make it without doing a transcript.

I saw your link to the FB page on KTVL FB. Good job. Maybe if you posted your question about the Friday "new info" comment by Henderson as a new post it would get more attention at the top of the comments. I think it got lost among more recent posts.

Would you mind doing that since the one who heard it? I don't want to top post hearsay...

Regarding the canary, yes, some folks are just drawn to trouble and he is one. I think the fact that the warrant was issued from Jackson county after he left is interesting. It was for FTA (failure to appear) on a previous charge. They could have picked him up here if that was a big concern. It could just be my imagination running wild, but I'm thinking something came to light after he left last weekend, and they seized an opportunity to put pressure on him to talk. They ended up with a bonus new charge in the process. I would be interested to know if charges were dropped or reduced in exchange for info. The court date for Monday is still on. Will he show up? All of this is just wishful thinking/speculation on my part.

The FTA is interesting, I wasn't aware that was the case. I had originally assumed the transfer stemmed from the new charge. For example, sometimes on drug charges the court will let you off the hook conditionally---kind of like a suspended sentence--and only call you on it if you get in trouble again within a specific period of time.

Would you mind doing that since the one who heard it? I don't want to top post hearsay...

Maybe someone else can. I don't "do" FB except to use my account to see what everyone else is up to. :) But it's actually moot now since the story that ran at 6:00 tonight. See post #733.

I recorded the KTVL 10 6:00 pm news and will review it again, but here's the gist of it. It was a phone interview, so a little hard to understand.

Reporter said that when LE served a warrant at Stephanie's recently, Lonnie and family were living there, but they left the area.

Detective Henderson said that POI Lonnie is somewhere in northern Oregon and LE is not in touch with him right now. They have been in touch with his son and he talked about picking him up in Silverton, OR on a warrant. When asked if son is involved he said he really couldn't comment on that. (Hmmmmm)

A friend of Stephanie's from the area said that there is a lot going on behind the scenes, complimented JCSO, told people to be patient and not mess up the investigation. (I can't resist the "Taxi Driver" line..."You talkin' to me?"...and the rest of WS!)

Reporter said that friends had been caring for animals at Stephanie's and arrangements were being made to disperse them to friends. (My understanding on Tuesday when I was out there was that the dispersal was happening that evening).

I will review the story again and ammend and correct if necessary. If anyone else saw it, feel free to chime in.

I just woke up! I am going to post the first link on the fb page. Can you come in and quote? or Can I quote what you wrote as a "friend in Oregon reporting"

I just woke up! I am going to post the first link on the fb page. Can you come in and quote? or Can I quote what you wrote as a "friend in Oregon reporting"

Go ahead with the first link. I think a link to the story, if and when it appears, would be best. I don't think anything connected with WS should be on the FB page. A quote is too easy to trace even if you don't say anything about WS.

Let me review the report again and make any corrections needed. You could then rewrite it paraphrasing as coming from a friend in Oregon. Back in a few.

OK I'm back. I've revised my report above to the extent I'm able. There are some quotes you can use. Just pare it all down to the essence and leave out my editorial comments please!

I recorded the KTVL 10 6:00 pm news and will review it again, but here's the gist of it. It was a phone interview, so a little hard to understand.

Reporter said that when LE served a warrant at Stephanie's recently, Lonnie and family were living there, but they left the area.

Detective Henderson said that POI Lonnie is somewhere in northern Oregon and LE is not in touch with him right now. They have been in touch with his son and he talked about picking him up in Silverton, OR on a warrant. When asked if son is involved he said he really couldn't comment on that. (Hmmmmm)

A friend of Stephanie's from the area said that there is a lot going on behind the scenes, complimented JCSO, told people to be patient and not mess up the investigation. (I can't resist the "Taxi Driver" line..."You talkin' to me?"...and the rest of WS!)

I will review the story again and ammend and correct if necessary. If anyone else saw it, feel free to chime in.

Yep I agree "they talking to us"! The last thing I would ever want to do is mess up the investigation or put Stephanie in any danger. I just want a few answers. Like what ever became of LE asking the public if they had any info about 3 guys in a truck by the country store?? There was never any update on that request.
OMG what does he mean by LE is NOT in touch with POI????
I would have thought they would have had him under survellience! I think I have been looking at too many crime shows!
Thank you so much for keeping us updated. Is there anyway we can look at a repeat newscast over the Internet?

The 6:00pm PST story.

http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ktvl_vid_9046.shtml

So Henderson has no idea where his Person of Interest currently is... He served a search warrant, found him, booted him and didn't keep tabs on him.

Investigators said Ames, his son and others were found living in Warner's home when officers served a search warrant at the residence.

AND, how do you serve a search warrant on an empty house?

I don't believe LA skipped town because of WS. He knew he'd been named a POI and that LE had served search warrants trying to find out what happened to Stephanie. It was getting too hot for him to handle.
I do agree that I would not want to hinder the investigation into Stephanie's disappearance in any way and I hope LE will soon find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse