OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We don't want to mess this up for the officers they're doing a lot more than anybody knows and I'll tell you right now thumbs up O.K. [...] tell everybody to be patient," said De Keado.

Some have taken that comment personally and I’d like to remind them that we are not the only ones in the world concerned with, and discussing, Stephanie. Chuck De Keado lives in Ruch. In a small town where one store acts as the general meeting place and everyone in town knows Stephanie, you can bet a lot of people are abuzz about this case. You can bet they are mad and not very patient any more. Maybe some have pursued finding her on their own. It seemed to me his comment was in the context of his own experience and had absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

On Stephanie’s thread 95% of what has been posted has come from online sources and public records that anyone can access. We just bring it all to one place – here – and, as Lilibet says, brainstorm the details. As mentioned before, I know several missing person cases where information from a sleuther has advanced the investigation or helped the prosecution. I do not know of a case where a WS discussion has ever hindered an investigation.

There is a point in posting that people new to WS suddenly realize that everyone in the world can see these posts. Um, yes. This is the Internet! They also have the revelation that law enforcement knows more than we do. Yes again. Neither of these revelations enlightens people who’ve been on WS for a while following cases. We know it! It’s a given that LE has more info and we respect that. I’ve got another eye-opener – often sleuthers know far more about a case than they are posting. And it is discretion and forbearance that keeps them from posting it.

I am well aware that LE, the perpetrators, the media and families of the victims are often on WS following case threads. The potential audience here is everyone in the world. Which is why I craft my posts carefully.

My first post back in July mentioned Lonnie’s gold claim not far from Carberrry Creek Road – an area Lonnie (aka Lennie Ames) has known well for 20 years. I’ve harped on about cell tower pings and a court-ordered alcohol-monitoring device on Stephanie's SUV with engine starts/stops reports the day she went missing. In recent posts, I’ve made no bones about my frustration at Henderson for letting the POI who was standing in front of him wander off into the mountains. A POI who has expressed his intention to reduce the US Government to dust. Three months is a long time to go through taxpayer funds and still have a negative result – in business it’s called the burn rate. I believe Henderson has let probable cause evidence pile up unexamined. Will his efforts discover what has happened to Stephanie? Remains to be seen.

Thank you Neptune for this post. You have reassured me that we are not doing anything to hurt the case and I feel a lot better being here today than I did yesterday. I got a lil scared off after that quote from Chuck. I wanted to quit WS and just sit here and pray for Stephanie's safe return. And then after reading things you and Lilibet wrote I think I need to do more than pray. Sorry if I sounded like I was giving up yesterday (and I almost did), but I'm back and here to stay 'til this case is resolved.

Someone from Stephanie's family just posted on the FB page. I don't want to quote her and I can't link directly to comments...Please go read it.

I just want to say to Stephanie's family member.... :tyou::tyou::tyou:

Your post on FB means so much. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through, and I really appreciate you reaching out. Your words are so reassuring.

To get onto WS, you may need to contact admin. Not all email providers are accepted here because of spam potential, I think. They will help you, and be sure to tell them who you are. That might expedite the process.

Hope to see you here soon. :grouphug:

Someone from Stephanie's family just posted on the FB page. I don't want to quote her and I can't link directly to comments...Please go read it.

Heartfelt and very, very nice to hear from someone from the family. I appreciate the bravery and the insight.

If the family was requested to remain silent, there was a reason. But, it may not have been the right reason. What comes with silence is less accountability -- not more. Sound would be good at this juncture.

Ok, the "anonymous" post is up. In addition to what I wrote she wants everyone at WS to know that she and her husband read daily and are deeply grateful for the work that's been done here. She called this thread a "lifeline".

Thank you Neptune for this post. You have reassured me that we are not doing anything to hurt the case and I feel a lot better being here today than I did yesterday. I got a lil scared off after that quote from Chuck. I wanted to quit WS and just sit here and pray for Stephanie's safe return. And then after reading things you and Lilibet wrote I think I need to do more than pray. Sorry if I sounded like I was giving up yesterday (and I almost did), but I'm back and here to stay 'til this case is resolved.

I'm so glad you're back to stay, Sad Eyes. Both you and OUOTP have been a shot in the arm here on the thread. And honestly, I started to get a little nervous too, but I truly believe we serve a purpose here on WS. And I firmly believe it is to Detective Henderson's advantage to pay attention to us. We have the time, the collective brain power, and even the freedom of movement to explore things he can't.

For example, I don't think you were here on the thread when I related my experience solving the burglary at our house decades ago. One piece of information that the detective gave me and that I passed on to a friend proved to be the break we needed. Thanks to my friend's connections, I was invited inside the suspect's house and saw our stuff. I didn't need a search warrant to do that. The sheriff never could have done it. My information provided probable cause for a search warrant and they ended up solving about a dozen burglaries.

Neptune has had her own experience helping to solve a case. We've learned that amateurs can make a difference. And so on we go. :)

Ok I am trying to think of something positive to do. So I am going to write to NamUs & request them to get permission to put the link to the video of the parade on it. Since they posted her pic maybe they will post the link too.

Awesome job on this!

Ok I am trying to think of something positive to do. So I am going to write to NamUs & request them to get permission to put the link to the video of the parade on it. Since they posted her pic maybe they will post the link too.

Excellent idea! :yourock:

Locals, please keep an eye on the local news tonight. I'm taping because I have to go out soon. I'm hoping someone may have covered the son's arraignment today. Wishful thinking.

Does anyone know if Stephanie has a Spotify or Pandora acct?

I don't know if there was a replay last evening of the story from Sunday about the investigation. We watched the 5:00 pm news on KTVL and recorded the rest while we went out. But I didn't have the mental energy to fast forward through it when we got home. I was curious, but not enough to look. :)

The Stephanie Missing FB page is up to 156 likes. That's great!

I had hoped to go to court yesterday to see who showed up for the arraignment of Lonnie's son. My appointment took longer than I expected, so I didn't try. I'm really curious to know if he even showed up, and if so, who was with him and what the result was. I hope LE is keeping an eye on him. He must know where Lonnie is.

I've debated with myself about posting this, but steam is coming out of my ears, :stormingmad: so please forgive my rant.

Someone who was living at Stephanie's until recently posted on their FB page Sunday a photo of themself with someone else standing on the outside stairs at Stephanie's. Today, it was made their cover photo. I hope that doesn't mean they've moved back in. But even if it's an older photo, I can tell that it was taken after Stephanie disappeared.

It just seems incredibly insensitive, disrespectful and entitled to me. Who flaunts the fact that they took over a missing person's house??!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste