OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work, Neptune! Thanks. Locating the mine is really significant. I'll study it when I'm awake.

Thanks, Lilibet -- but, as always, this information may be totally off-base or plain wrong! I'm just trying to connect how the Applegate Lake area relates to Stephanie Warner and zero-in on specific places.

These historic docs re: Steamboat Mining District give some idea where it's at:

http://www.oregongeology.org/sub/milo/ohmi-jackson.htm
SEE:
Upper Applegate District Steamboat Cinnabar Letters
Upper Applegate District Steamboat Cinnabar Maps
Upper Applegate District Steamboat Cinnabar Reports

And I thought her boyfriend was the last person to see her at the store and then they each went home. To separate homes?

If you use placemarks on Google Earth (different than Google maps), here are some geopoints for the Ruch/Applegate area and other places that may be related to this case. I believe these are correct; if not, please post correction.

Ruch Area:
Ruch Country Store (Jul 4 ~5pm) 42°14'23.67"N 123° 2'11.71"W
Magnolia Grill LLC 42°14'22.77"N 123° 2'14.14"W
Stephanie Warner's property 42°14'23.12"N 123° 4'21.14"W

Applegate Lake Region:
Bolder City Mobile Home Park 42° 6'2.43"N 123° 5'10.30"W
Nearest “community” to Applegate Lake and may be a prior/current address for BF.

Applegate Forest Ranger District 42° 9'0.58"N 123° 3'33.28"W

Applegate Lake North End 42° 3'21.17"N 123° 6'54.70"W South End 42° 1'10.51"N 123° 9'34.98"W

Carberry Creek Campground 42° 1'30.51"N 123° 9'52.98"W
Carberry Road runs North alongside Carberry Creek.

Steamboat Mining District (per Mapquest) aka “Steamboat Pocket” on Carberry Creek 42° 4'53.00"N 123°11'53.00"W Note: this info was obtained from almost 100-year old maps - so may be wrong.

These spots appear to be well-traversed roads near mining district (possible logging activity, indicates access) 42° 4'54.35"N 123°11'46.70"W Access roads converge at 42° 4'53.53"N 123°11'41.78"W

Cell Structures in Ruch/Applegate Area (all owned by United States Cellular Corp) – only 3:
Cell Tower 42°14'42.79"N 123° 2'33.86"W
Cell Tower 42°15'7.00"N 123°10'20.01"W
Cell Antenna 42° 7'13.36"N 123° 4'56.17"W

Other places:
Ashland, Oregon 42°11'45.44"N 122°42'39.98"W
Jackson County Oregon Sheriff’s Department 42°23'28.91"N 122°51'24.20"W
Jackson County Oregon District Attorney’s Office 42°19'15.43"N 122°52'44.38"W

Wow! You guys are good!! I want to thank you again for all your time on Steph's disappearance. So much good info! The mine information is really scary! I have to assume the police know all of this? I'm not sure if Steph lived alone or not, which is something I need to find out. When we called her home after her disappearance, someone did answer.

The owner of the restaurant was her long time boyfriend (she called him her husband, they were together that long). They met here in New Orleans (15 years ago?) and moved to Oregon together, where they bought the house and opened the restaurant. The name was inspired by Stephanie's New Orleans roots. The magnolia is the state flower of Louisiana.

I'm getting bits and pieces of scary information but not sure it's appropriate to share, unfortunately.

I really miss Stephanie! This is all so crazy and hard to put my head around. I will work on getting verified. Special thanks to lilibet!! You really are keeping this thread going.

Sending more hugs! :grouphug:

Thanks so much for ashley, for clearing up the relationship of Stephanie and her "husband." I just heard him referred to that way this afternoon when I was talking to someone who knows her, and I knew he had never been married. So your post answered that question. It's more curiosity on my part and trying to make sense of her life than particularly relevant to her disappearance.

I emailed the JCSO with all the info I had collected about "the person close to her who shall remain nameless who has/had a mine" plus a few other odds and ends of criminal history I had run across for others. They didn't reply, but I didn't expect them to.

I hope you can get verified. Hang in there!

And I thought her boyfriend was the last person to see her at the store and then they each went home. To separate homes?

Well that is about when things get a little unclear it seems to me. Some reports say that Stephanie and her boyfriend were at the store at around 5pm and that was the last time anybody saw her. Some reports say that she disappeared after attending a parade, no mention of the store. The store owner says in an interview that the last time he heard from her was on the 3rd, but doesn't mention that she was in the store on the 4th, I realise that he may not have been there but odd that he didn't say that a member of staff had seen her there.
http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ktvl_vid_8217.shtml

WOW Neptune! You are amazing! :takeabow:

I just got home and found all your hard work. I will try playing around with Google Earth, just to see this stuff.

Would you be willing to email the Jackson County Sheriff's Office JCSO with everything you've posted about the mine, etc? Please? I've already sent in my research, and I think they need to see various ideas coming from different people. I will explain why in a different post. Could you let us know what you decide? This info needs to get to them somehow.

Here's the contact info. "You can call the main number at 541-774-6800 or the tip line at 541-774-8333. You can also email at CID@jacksoncounty.org."

Also the store owner said she usually called for her groceries and had someone else pick them up...wonder what that was about.

Since the latest reports have LE asking to talk to the group at the store, that leads me to believe that Stephanie was last seen at the store and LE wants to know if she was alone or followed home.

Here's why I asked Neptune to send all that great research and ideas about the mine, cell towers, ATM and campground registration to JCSO.

This afternoon I happened to be talking to someone whose family member is a murder victim in an unsolved case. She told me that there are many associates of her loved one who were never interviewed at the time and should have been!

IMO This tells me that families just can't assume anything, but need to be proactive. I'm not saying the JCSO is dropping the ball, but they are understaffed, and aren't necessarily going to think of everything (the way WSers do!). So my feeling is, pass your research and theories along. One small, insignificant thing might just solve this case. I hope for ashley can encourage the family to really stay proactive.

Here's the contact info for the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office. You can call the main number at 541-774-6800 or the tip line at 541-774-8333. You can also email at CID@jacksoncounty.org.

It turns out that this same acquaintance knows Stephanie casually through a social event several years ago. She had really nice things to say about her. Also, someone close to her family knows Stephanie really well and is convinced something has happened to her because she would never just disappear. Whatever has happened, Stephanie's family and friends need to know!

WOW Neptune! You are amazing!

I just got home and found all your hard work. I will try playing around with Google Earth, just to see this stuff.

Would you be willing to email the Jackson County Sheriff's Office JCSO with everything you've posted about the mine, etc? Please? I've already sent in my research, and I think they need to see various ideas coming from different people. I will explain why in a different post. Could you let us know what you decide? This info needs to get to them somehow.

Here's the contact info. "You can call the main number at 541-774-6800 or the tip line at 541-774-8333. You can also email at CID@jacksoncounty.org."

Thanks, Lilibet -- I'm actually just really good at procrastinating and sleuthing is a way I can justify putting off my own stuff that needs attention. I care about people who go missing and I want them found and that's how I can justify spending hours and hours pouring through online minutia looking for clues. (Meanwhile, the lawn doesn't mow itself). I learned about this case on Friday and there were things about it that stood out. I always, no exception, get on Google Earth and start plotting details from news stories and LE announcements (I've seen no announcements from them in this case, nothing on their website).

In this case, the fact that Stephanie was last seen at 5pm at the only town store on a busy holiday only by the boyfriend without ANY other details was key. Not: "my car was here and she dropped me off" -- that would be plausible. But he DID NOT offer more detail because the media would have relayed that to the public in the interest of finding her (my background deals with media). Most people would offer every piece of information about that last encounter with their loved one hoping something would trigger a lead -- he did not. Intentionally vague, and this piqued my curiosity. The fact that the store owner, who knows Stephanie well, was sure about the last time she went into the store (Jul 3) meant she likely did not enter the store Jul 4. Plus in the media interview, the owner is shown standing right beside a display monitor from a camera pointed at the entrance (interior). Once the owner learned that Stephanie was reported being at the store July 4th, he likely would have checked the loop. In several MP cases I've observed, the security camera is what gives the last known details of a person. If the owner saw her on the Jul 4 store security tape, I believe it would have been reported to us. Now we learn her boyfriend apparently had a ride to whereever he was going -- he's saying either some kids in a Green chevy witnessed Stephanie drop him off or that they gave him a ride from the store to whereever. I'm just not buying the vague "she was at the store at 5pm" report.

The geo-points I provided were from private placemarks (I don't make them public -- so you won't see them on Google Earth). But, if you download the Google Earth application (free) and copy and paste the lat/long info, they will take you to the places I listed and you can pinpoint your own placemark (click the yellow pin) and enter in whatever info you want. In my opinion, there is nothing better for solving MP cases than Google Earth -- pinpoint key places, measure distance, go to street level (the orange dude), and even get a sense of topography (this feature is a little wonky). Proximity is so key in solving mysteries. Proximity and timing details are critical.

Excerpt from Lilibet post:
Here's why I asked Neptune to send all that great research and ideas about the mine, cell towers, ATM and campground registration to JCSO.

Forgot to address your request...

I do understand what you say, Lilibet, and I think it's important. I have followed quite a few MP cases both on WS and other similar forums. Most always, it is assumed LE is regularly viewing the posts -- unless the posters get really off-topic or post pages of wild, unhelpful theories. This thread on Stephanie has not been pages and pages of speculating -- instead, thankfully, it has been concise, on-topic, and good questions from posters. People are working the details --
a huge thanks to you!

Thanks, Lilibet -- I'm actually just really good at procrastinating and sleuthing is a way I can justify putting off my own stuff that needs attention. I care about people who go missing and I want them found and that's how I can justify spending hours and hours pouring through online minutia looking for clues. (Meanwhile, the lawn doesn't mow itself). I learned about this case on Friday and there were things about it that stood out. I always, no exception, get on Google Earth and start plotting details from news stories and LE announcements (I've seen no announcements from them in this case, nothing on their website).

Snipped for brevity

Well, we certainly have procrastination and sleuthing in common, Neptune! :) And caring about missing people. I will have to learn how to use Google Earth this way. Or get my dh involved. He's the Google Earth fan in our household.

Thanks so much for spelling out all the "red flags" in the case. You really fleshed out my gut feelings about the boyfriend after seeing the video interview last week.

Excerpt from Lilibet post:

Forgot to address your request...

I do understand what you say, Lilibet, and I think it's important. I have followed quite a few MP cases both on WS and other similar forums. Most always, it is assumed LE is regularly viewing the posts -- unless the posters get really off-topic or post pages of wild, unhelpful theories. This thread on Stephanie has not been pages and pages of speculating -- instead, thankfully, it has been concise, on-topic, and good questions from posters. People are working the details --
a huge thanks to you!

I certainly hope JCSO is reading here! The info I sent involved things that cannot be posted here, so bases are covered.

We are pretty sure, thanks to Ellie's sleuthing on Stephanie's Facebook page, that she (or someone) played a game of Texas Hold'em at 6:08 pm July 4. That's the last entry on her FB page. Unless she used a mobile device, we can assume she was home at that time.

Could someone please verify where it shows the log-out time as 6:08 pm on her FB page? I only see a date range showing exactly "June 12 - July 4 via Texas HoldEm Poker".

Could it be a timed-out situation (she didn't log-out, it just logged out for her -- like Websleuths sometimes does to me)?

Could she have accessed her FB and logged out from a cell phone? Could she have played it on the way back from Ashland if the boyfriend was driving? And, when they arrive at the store sometime between 5 and 7 pm, as he claims, she logs off?

Anyone know her Internet service provider?

Could someone please verify where it shows the log-out time as 6:08 pm on her FB page? I only see a date range showing exactly "June 12 - July 4 via Texas HoldEm Poker".

Could it be a timed-out situation (she didn't log-out, it just logged out for her -- like Websleuths sometimes does to me)?

Could she have accessed her FB and logged out from a cell phone? Could she have played it on the way back from Ashland if the boyfriend was driving? And, when they arrive at the store sometime between 5 and 7 pm, as he claims, she logs off?

Anyone know her Internet service provider?

If you are on a desktop or laptop (doesn't work with iPad), hover the curser over July 4 and you will see 6:08 p.m. It only shows the time for June 12 and July 4, not individual games. I just tried it on my laptop.

It could have timed out. That would mean several scenarios: She never made it home (didn't take her truck to Ashland). She left before 6:08 p.m. without logging off and it timed out. Or she left after it timed out. Since there's a start time associated with the poker on July 12, I think she probably played her last game at or before 6:08 either at home or on her phone. You can check the time for all her posts, Daily Bible Quotes, etc by hovering the cursor over the date, so it seems to be post-specific, rather than logging out. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be dates for the individual games.

Yes, there's always the possibility she was on her cell phone. I think reception might be spotty as you get past Jacksonville (I'd need to look at your cell tower info), and she couldn't get carsick like I would on a winding road!

We don't know her Internet service provider. The article below mentions Century-link in Ruch, and Charter serves the I-5 corridor towns. I'm not sure if it goes out to Ruch. There are smaller companies too.
http://www.opb.org/news/article/copper-thieves-cut-phone-internet-service-to-ruch/

Lilibet: thank you for the info -- hoovering over date provided the times.

Date Range is then:
Login: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 @ 7:10 am
Logout: Thursday July 4 @ 6:08pm

Logged in for 3 weeks...then suddenly logs out on July 4?

Unless the time stamp is clarified/confirmed by Zynga, this is not a reliable way to judge time or login/logout activity at this point. When I post on Websleuths, the time on the post is in the future. If this were true in Stephanie's case she could have logged out at 3:08 pm PST while still in Ashland and it may show up online as 6:08 pm.

If it is correct login/logout info, then the coincidence of logging out just before disappearing could be a factor. Why decide to logout that day and that time?

I believe her ISP could determine if there was activity from her IP address (her home) but I don't know for sure.

I believe her ISP could determine if there was activity from her IP address (her home) but I don't know for sure.

RSBM: Her ISP can determine activity- as it is all logged.

I live in Ashland and I haven't heard anything about the case yet. I guess I had some news to catch up on. Anyways I imagine getting home at 5pm it would be pretty hot and the sun didn't go down til pretty late. Maybe she went on a walk and got hurt by a wild animal or lost? It also seems hard to believe anyone not going to a bbq or something in the evening or to a fireworks show. The parade can really wear out a person so maybe she took a nap, played fb, then went someplace. She looks pretty familiar but I can't remember where I saw her or if I saw her. You see so many faces during the parade - super crowded. Also I wouldn't think too much about the boys in the truck - TONS of people head up to the lake area. You would think if anything happened in an area like that it would be crowded enough that people would notice something. That's why I tend to think maybe she went for a walk once she got home. But really I wish her friends and family the best wishes and I hope something turns up.

I live in Ashland and I haven't heard anything about the case yet. I guess I had some news to catch up on. Anyways I imagine getting home at 5pm it would be pretty hot and the sun didn't go down til pretty late. Maybe she went on a walk and got hurt by a wild animal or lost? It also seems hard to believe anyone not going to a bbq or something in the evening or to a fireworks show. The parade can really wear out a person so maybe she took a nap, played fb, then went someplace. She looks pretty familiar but I can't remember where I saw her or if I saw her. You see so many faces during the parade - super crowded. Also I wouldn't think too much about the boys in the truck - TONS of people head up to the lake area. You would think if anything happened in an area like that it would be crowded enough that people would notice something. That's why I tend to think maybe she went for a walk once she got home. But really I wish her friends and family the best wishes and I hope something turns up.

I really think it's sad that the communities aren't plastered with posters to raise awareness. It's easy to miss the news in the summer.

IMO The thing about taking a walk after getting home is that SAR dogs searched for her on July 10 and/or 11 and didn't pick up her scent. I agree with you that it's possible she rested up a bit and then went out with someone she knew in their car, ostensibly to go to a gathering perhaps. Wherever she went, something happened that nobody noticed, so I doubt it was at the lake. It would have to be in a more secluded area, which is why we're talking about mines.

I hold onto hope that the LE is closing in on what happened and who did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3