OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Checking in Stephanie. You're going to be found one day. I just know it.

I'll have to join Facebook one day. I've been saying that for the past however many years, but have never done it.

Strangely enough, I clicked on that Dateline link and came back to post this. Now, in the background, I can hear it's gone on to the case of Ganesh, Remy 'Psycho' Ramsaran; the 'victimized' New York state husband, (authorities just picked on him, dontcha know) just found guilty of the murder of his lovely wife Jennifer.

Maybe there's a subliminal message there....

Well, I followed that link and tweeted it, along with a plea that Det. Henderson needs people's help to find Stephanie. Got lots of retweets, so I'm pleased!

Lilibet can you give me a hint who it was without getting in trouble?

I'd better not. You never know who reads here. Put on your thinking cap, as my parents used to say. :)

That's fabulous Zwie! :loveyou::loveyou:

For those following the McStay family case as I am, there will be a press conference today at 9:00 a.m. PST. There has been no info released since the bodies of the parents and two little boys were discovered almost a year ago by a motorcyclist riding on the desert near Victorville, CA. They disappeared Feb. 2010 from their home near San Diego, and were considered to be "voluntary missing" until their bodies were found. Tragic case with many twists and turns. I hope there will be an arrest, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?261736-Press-Conference

OT: There was an arrest in the McStay case, much to my surprise. LE says that Joseph McStay's business partner Chase Merritt acted alone: bludgeoned two adults and two small children in their home, cleaned up the house, drove 100 miles and buried the bodies in the desert, then left their car at the Mexican border...all single handedly!! The San Diego Sheriff Dept appears to have bungled the investigation big time. Thankfully their bodies were found in San Bernardino county and that department started from scratch and solved the case.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?261755-ARREST!-Charles-Ray-Merritt-a-k-a-Chase/page1

Killing and hiding Stephanie would have been simple by comparison. May Stephanie be found and her killer brought to justice, no matter how long it takes.

We were up riding our ATVs in the hills above Talent a couple of weeks ago, enjoying the gloriously wonderful Fall weather and we came across a mining claim and I immediately thought of Stephanie. Oh how I wish she was home.

OT: There was an arrest in the McStay case, much to my surprise. LE says that Joseph McStay's business partner Chase Merritt acted alone: bludgeoned two adults and two small children in their home, cleaned up the house, drove 100 miles and buried the bodies in the desert, then left their car at the Mexican border...all single handedly!! The San Diego Sheriff Dept appears to have bungled the investigation big time. Thankfully their bodies were found in San Bernardino county and that department started from scratch and solved the case.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?261755-ARREST!-Charles-Ray-Merritt-a-k-a-Chase/page1

Killing and hiding Stephanie would have been simple by comparison. May Stephanie be found and her killer brought to justice, no matter how long it takes.

Surprise is an understatement of the year about the McStay case, as far as I'm concerned. I saw the 'press conference to come' notice go up on twitter, but didn't dare hope they'd made an arrest, let alone slapped down all those charges - including special circumstances, making the suspect eligible for the death penalty.

Noticeably, in that case, not only is the suspect the last known person to have seen at least one victim alive....but he also kind of moved in on the victim's home after, under the guise of taking care of their dog......it just sounds so familiar, doesn't it?

I believe, like Chase Merritt, Lennie/Lonnie Ames had an ulterior motive for moving into Stephanie's house, and it was not to take care of her animals, despite what he said. I don't believe he's the nurturing type, myself.

I've been looking for family background info on Lennie Ames since before he was named a POI. Not that it would help find Stephanie or anything, but I wanted to know where he grew up and who his parents and siblings are because he is such a "lone wolf." I can't tell you how many times I've gone deep into Googleland and come up empty. Today I found his mother's obituary. Maybe it was there all along, but I wonder if it's new.

I'll try to keep this vague enough to avoid violating TOS about posting unrelated info about family. His mother died in Florida in 1986, having moved there several years earlier. Ames may have been in Florida early on (an older son was born there) but was already living in Scott's Mill, Oregon in 1986 according to the obituary. His two slightly younger siblings stayed in Florida.

His family is from Bath, NY...a lovely looking village in the Fingerlakes district south of Rochester. There are lots of Ameses there. Apparently his parents divorced and his father remarried. I haven't found any record that his father has died, so I think he still lives there. His Dad graduated from the local highschool, as did Ames' two siblings, but I didn't see Lennie on the list. The siblings ended up on the east coast of Florida, which may be why Ames' son and dil (and probably Ames) have ended up in the same city. There are cousins a little younger than his son who live elsewhere, thankfully. They seem like a nice enough bunch. Facebook was my friend today.

Does his family wonder why he has shown up in their city after all these years out west prospecting for gold? I can't imagine that his family knows anything about Stephanie, unless they saw the Missing in America segment. Maybe that explains why the link to that showed up on someone's FB page recently, pretending to care about Stephanie's disappearance for the first time ever. If so, Ames has likely convinced them he is a victim, while he enjoys beach life in Florida. Or did he go home to Dad?

None of this finds Stephanie, but it gave me something to dig into for the first time in ages. And it gave me a little insight into Ames, in my imagination, at least.

Great work, Zwie! It interests me that the Crescent Mine (Ghost Mine) referred to in your post is in Baker County, Oregon. IIRC, Ames lived in Baker City at one time and his son went to highschool there according to FB. No connection, but I wonder if he was mining there.

I found a site listing a mine he had in Klamath county, as well as a closed placer mine called "Wolf Pack #1" in Jackson county. Those wolves keep popping up.

http://thediggings.com/owners/605922

Clicked on your link and it said 'Forbidden' in big letters, Lilibet! Are they picking on me?

Clicked on your link and it said 'Forbidden' in big letters, Lilibet! Are they picking on me?

They must be! It worked for me when I clicked on it again. Maybe you can get there just typing it in. It's nothing earthshaking, so probably not worth the trouble. :)

I think I've posted this interview with Detective Joe Kenda before, but I ran across it again and it's such a good read, so here it is again. He solved 92% of the almost 400 homicide cases he worked on. Of course, Kenda had a body in each case, proving it was murder. Our Detective Henderson is at a distinct disadvantage in Stephanie's case. But I believe he will solve it eventually. He's made it as clear as he can that he knows who harmed Stephanie, but proving it and making it stick is another matter. It must be frustrating! Personally, I hope I get a chance to talk to him after the trial and congratulate him before I deluge him with questions! :clap:

Here's a sample of Joe Kenda's method:

PC: That’s something I wanted to ask about. You must have dealt with all kinds of sociopaths and deranged personalities. How do you know when these types are lying?
KENDA: Here is the ultimate key: You have to become a professional listener.

You have to listen very, very carefully to what people say. Listen to their story, and then take people back through it. Because there will be changes. There will be changes the second time, or the third time, and if you listen very carefully, you will hear the change. And, now, you know the guy is lying.

PC: What about visual clues during the interview, such as noticing that someone avoids eye contact or talks out of the side of their mouth?
KENDA: Yes, you pay attention to body language when you’re talking to him. Ask yourself, “Does he look nervous?” But the key is in the eyes. The eyes are the window of the soul.

Here’s what you do. Start by looking into someone’s eyes and making friends with them. “Tell me about yourself. Do you have a wife, do you have a dog?” I let him tell me about himself to make him comfortable. And, once he’s comfortable, then hit him with something that hurts and look right into his eyes and see how he reacts.

If you hit him with something that hurts, he will react—the pupils will become little pinpoints. As far as his reaction, it is not about what he says, it’s about what his eyes say. Ultimately it’s the eyes. This might take awhile, but the eyes will always tell the truth.

http://www.diablomag.com/D-blog/Pet...Exclusive-Interview-Meet-the-Homicide-Hunter/

Hi all! I joined Websleuths after reading about Susan Jacobson who is sadly, still missing. I happened upon Stephanie Warner's story because I noticed she was living in Oregon when she became missing. I'm originally from Portland, Oregon so this case feels personal to me. I've read every post and just want to commend all of you on your dedication and insight. I will continue to follow until Stephanie gets her justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all! I joined Websleuths after reading about Susan Jacobson who is sadly, still missing. I happened upon Stephanie Warner's story because I noticed she was living in Oregon when she became missing. I'm originally from Portland, Oregon so this case feels personal to me. I've read every post and just want to commend all of you on your dedication and insight. I will continue to follow until Stephanie gets her justice.

:welcome4: :greetings:

Welcome, MerBeach! We love it when new WSers arrive and take an interest in Stephanie. Thank you for having the energy and perseverance to read every post. Wow! Please share any insights and ideas you may have. We've kind of hit a wall.

I just recently discovered Susan's thread and the deafening silence in the media and on Facebook about her reminds me a lot of Stephanie's case. It's really hard to get people interested in missing women above a certain age. :banghead: But we keep plugging away. Thanks again for joining us here. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo
Back