GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't gotten fully caught up but one of my first thoughts was - what if there was a second vehicle? That would make sense for the double gas charges as well as a get away vehicle.

Maybe this was already discussed.

Also - she's really naturally pretty. She looks a lot like Rachel Bilson.

BBM - great question!! I don't recall seeing how MUCH was purchased each time?

Also, just going to ask this - who was the last person to see/talk to her besides hubby?

That's the thing, he wouldn't be out of the vehicle pumping gas. It is illegal there.

So if he just paid the attendant (and I believe one story said a man was in the driver's seat) chances are he was already in control driving the vehicle.

Someone asked about license plates. Oregon requires both front and back. Some people try to get away w/out the front, but it's illegal.

Ok, thanks. I wish we had some places like that around here, there are young women who have to stop and get gas at places that are not very busy at night and it's dangerous. Or women who work in big discount stores who have to park at the far end of the lot so customers can park close to the store. It's scary, women are just not safe anymore.

If anyone remembers Cody Myers, his killers were identified quick cause of using stolen cards. Every time they used it there was some kind of camera on them.
If it's true that it was used twice in 8 mins, then police will most likely be releasing surveillance shots with in a day or two.

(above BBM)
IMO,
Sure hope we see some video footage/pics much sooner than that.....LE has gotten some huge tips lately (and captured perps) for just this reason!!

Praying for Whitney!

Does anyone have a likely explanation for how the window came to be broken? That glass is pretty sturdy.

Search continues for woman gone missing on way to work

WOOD VILLAGE, Ore. – Clint Heichel describes his 21-year-old wife as sweet and dependable.

"She's beautiful, and she's a little ball of energy and full of life," he said about Whitney, who left for work Tuesday morning and hasn't been seen since. Police are calling her disappearance suspicious.

Clint said when she left for work nothing was unusual.

"She got ready – her normal thing – got up and just kissed me goodbye. I woke up and said, 'I'll see you when you get home,'" he said.

"(At) about 8:15 her boss called me and said, 'Hey, I was just curious, did Whitney decide to be sick or not feeling well? Have you seen her or talked to her?'"

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Husband-beside-himself-after-wife-disappears-174522021.html

I see there are no updates or good news this morning. I was hoping to see this in the located forum, as FOUND SAFE.
icon9.gif
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Husband-beside-himself-after-wife-disappears-174522021.html

One thing about this case, the timeline is very tight.

She left home @ 6:45 and by 1:00 they had found her vehicle in the Walmart parking lot. The sightings in between, indicate they were still in town. Mud on the tires means the vehicle traveled off road most likely, but it could not have been very far from town.

Hopefully searchers have a radius and are working based on the known timelines
icon9.gif

Update via FlashAlert
http://flashalertportland.net/press-releases.html?alert=1

Update on missing person
Gresham Police Dept - 10/17/12
Here are the latest updates in the continued investigation of the disappearance of Whitney Heichel:
* Investigators have confirmed that the vehicle and bank card were used at a service station at 257th and Stark at 9:14 a.m. The vehicle was found at Walmart in Wood Village at 23500 NE Sandy at 11:17 a.m. Police are interested in speaking to anybody who might have seen the vehicle between those hours, in particular in the areas between Walmart and the service stations. This would include the Troutdale area near I-84, as well as Fairview and Wood Village.

* Police believe the vehicle may have been in the east Multnomah County area, east of Gresham and possibly into Sandy, OR. between the hours of 6:45 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Anybody who may have seen the vehicle in this area is asked to call the Gresham Police Department tips line at 503.618.2719. The vehicle is a 1999 Ford Explorer, black with tinted taillights. The license plate is 189 EJZ (Oregon). At some point, the vehicle had its front passenger-side window broken out and could have been driving with the window broken out or appearing opened.

* The East County Major Crimes Team has been activated and a team of 24 detectives are following leads and canvassing areas in which police believe Whitney to have been. There are detectives from Gresham, Fairview, Troutdale, Multnomah County, and Oregon State Police involved in the investigation. Additionally, State Crime Lab Forensics is assisting with the processing of the vehicle found yesterday.
There is a picture of the vehicle attached.

Just what could she have run afoul of in what, 2-5 minute drive to work? Could she have been taken in her own driveway at that time of morning? Is it a quiet, spread out neighborhood or a tight, busy neighborhood? If it is possible she was taken in her own driveway then I am thinking stalker.

Could the multiple gas purchases be the result of a chaotic mind? Stalkers are generally delusional and not organized thinkers IMOO. I am not sure what the better scenerio would be, stalker or random criminal. Both scare the bejeezus outta me.

Also I wish they would release some description of the male driving her vehicle. The attendent surely noted at least race, general age range and hair color.

This doesn't seem good. I'm thinking someone who has been watching her. She probably knew the person. Maybe a Starbucks regular as some have said. I've worked as a waitress before and have had some and have seen other females encounter bizarre regulars. Some are harmless and some I would never have felt comfortable being alone with. We were always walked to our cars by male coworkers when we finished our evening shifts. Our bosses were always sure of that.

Maybe a silly question, but is the back tire more worn, or more dirty than the front tire?

Looks like it's dirty. The 1999 Explorer is rear wheel drive so it may have stuck in some mud and had to spin the back tire before it got out.

I'm on the other side of Portland and have only been to Gresham a couple of times, but you really don't have to go far around here to encounter mud/poor road conditions. There's also a TON of wooded area even within PDX city limits. I hate to say it, but if she's in a forested area, it's going to be difficult to find her, especially since the weather has definitely turned here in the last few days and people are less likely to be out hiking or whatever.

Posted on the dailymail.co.uk:

Hmm, her car was very close to the airport. Wondering if she could have runaway? Though I doubt it.

Attachments

• article-2219028-158C8EEC000005DC-750_634x416.jpg
    article-2219028-158C8EEC000005DC-750_634x416.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 46
I'm on the other side of Portland and have only been to Gresham a couple of times, but you really don't have to go far around here to encounter mud/poor road conditions. There's also a TON of wooded area even within PDX city limits. I hate to say it, but if she's in a forested area, it's going to be difficult to find her, especially since the weather has definitely turned here in the last few days and people are less likely to be out hiking or whatever.

Hello neighbor! I'm in WashCo too =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member