Outburst during JS hearing!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What I believe I heard was Judge Perry saying 48 hours in the mental health facility, not jail.

IMO this poor lady deserves a break, she obviously has issues. Not everyone is borne with the same advantages, and this lady looks like she has had a tuff life, and my heart goes out to her. I think the PJ would have been kept in spite of the outburst however she indicated she had been talking to a "man in all black" about the case while she was in the hall waiting to come back in, and this is why she was tossed.

I didn't hear her say she was talking "about the case," only that she was in conversation with a man in black.

They are reshowing her talking to the judge . First thing she says is she has never been in court before . She is just a liar

Previous arrests....

2/11/2006 - Battery Strike or Touch
2/27/2007 - VOP for Battery
8/29/2007 - Possession of Cocaine, Possession of Paraphernalia, VOP for Battery
11/2/2009 - 6 Counts of Worthless Checks

http://www.pcsoweb.com/pages/who_jail.html

I don't know the extent of her mental health issues or drug problems, but one thing is for sure...she should stop acting like she had no clue how to behave in a court of law.

and this too:
http://www.sheriffcitrus.org/public/ArRptDetail2.aspx?bnbr=09111801

I didn't hear her say she was talking "about the case," only that she was in conversation with a man in black.
I'm pretty sure she said about the case. I'll see if I can't go back and find a link. I immediately though JP would summon the man in black into the courtroom and give him he$$ for talking about the case to this pj. But I could be in error :)

IMO, KC sure looked worried when the judge brought the woman back in and he sentenced her. He clearly does not put up with nonsense! KC better be worried because she is loaded with nonsense!!!

I'm sorry - I don't understand the sympathy for this woman. ICA obviously has mental issues - she killed her child. She's on trial and is subject to death. Just because you have a mental issue that does not give you a free pass - period. ICA may not be as "out there" as EJ, but not well in the head just the same (pathalogical liar, thief, killer). So what's the deal? Hey, why don't we just give ICA a couple days in the slammer. After all, this woman could have easily caused a mistrial and another million bucks to the Floridians had the jury been seated.

Just my humbling opinion.

Mel

I'm not sure it was authentic. ADHD (with the H) vs. ADD, is almost always detectable before the age of six.
It's not something that shows up at age 14, although ADD can go unnoticed but doesn't usually entail outbursts.

She uttered a bunch of illnesses so it would sound good. :twocents:
That said, it's clear she has something.

Partially agree. One of her symptoms is poor impulse control. I do not think it was an act. Maybe it was and she is an incredible actress but I don't think so. She might not have been totally honest but FGS anyone who acts as she did in open court (outburst and afterward) is demonstrating poor impulse control. This is what poor impulse control really looks like. Casey, on the other hand, is actually controlling herself in court very well (compared with Ms Rogers.) So I don't believe she has it, as the DT alleges. MOO

They are reshowing her talking to the judge . First thing she says is she has never been in court before . She is just a liar

I take that as "she has been in court before" (sic to watch a case other than her own or those she is directly involved in)

I'm pretty sure she said about the case. I'll see if I can't go back and find a link. I immediately though JP would summon the man in black into the courtroom and give him he$$ for talking about the case to this pj. But I could be in error :)

Ohhh he WILL be ALL over that guy. I have seen that MANY times ... but mostly they are innocent and have not dirtied PJ or witnesses.

I have watched and re-watched the episode from this morning, several times.

As the daughter and sister of 2 mentally ill people, I have no doubts that this person indeed suffers from mental illness of some sort. Considering the types of medications she recited as taking, her mental health problems are serious and not just some slight case of anxiety, or what-have-you. I truly felt quite badly for her situation, EVEN THOUGH I also feel that she knew that what she did was very wrong. I am not so sure, however, that she was able to control her outburst prior to it happening; her tears were genuine for realizing what she had done.

I am SO impressed with the compassion that Judge Perry showed this woman, even with the high level of frustration he must have been feeling at that moment. He treated her fairly and with sincere reflection on her mental health issues. I do, however, think that the punishment he doled out might have been more severe had he known the woman's past criminal record.

I still feel badly for this woman--mental illness is no walk in the park. She deserves the punishment she was given.

I admire Judge Perry even more now than I did prior to this incident. I am in awe at his self-control, his jurisprudence, his compassion, his knowledge and his focus. I guess that makes me a true fan of his.

Wowza!!!

IMO, the shoemom obviously needs to be monitored by the medical staff in the jail. I hope they have a cell across the hall from ICA.
:innocent:

I'm sorry - I don't understand the sympathy for this woman. ICA obviously has mental issues - she killed her child. She's on trial and is subject to death. Just because you have a mental issue that does not give you a free pass - period. ICA may not be as "out there" as EJ, but not well in the head just the same (pathalogical liar, thief, killer). So what's the deal? Hey, why don't we just give ICA a couple days in the slammer. After all, this woman could have easily caused a mistrial and another million bucks to the Floridians had the jury been seated.

Just my humbling opinion.

Mel

IF ICA came to someone blubbering, not being able to control herself - instead of partying - I would have a certain amount of sympathy for her too. This woman has an obvious impulse issue - she is not acused of killing her child and not telling anyone about it.
I am sympathetic to anyone suffering from a mental illness that is out of control or not being controlled correctly. For some, every move they make takes more energy and thought than most of us could muster in a week.

So I am sympathetic to THIS particular woman on THIS particular occasion, KC doesn't get an ounce of my sympathy, and hasn't since day 31.

she said she's on methadone as well...
they're not gonna give her methadone in jail.. she'll have to go 2 days without a dose. ouch!

Never a dull moment.

Seems the woman finished her own business in court,
and felt the urge to continue her emotional, personal moral outrage.
Whatever she had been through earlier that day was still rushing through her veins. If she is the victim of a domestic, on a certain level ICA, in her mind, is an extension of violence she has experienced. She knows violence and has tasted it's wrath at the hands of someone who is supposed to love you.
Her mental health being compromised, and perhaps lacking social skills, was a perfect recipe for this type of side-show.

Whew!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back