Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another body of water would be the lake at Atwater (right across from a quarry) on Route 29 . This is somewhat close to her house & not much fencing around it. But very steep cliffs there.
Goodness... "Blue Tarp" and "Underwater" point to a limited number of local possibilities. Marsh Creek Lake, Blue Marsh Lake, Beltzville Lake, Green Lane Reservoir and Nockamixon. Had the family ever been to any of these locations? Marsh Creek has one easy access to the lake at Chalfant road runs directly into the lake and can be accessed at almost any time, day or night. Sounds like a job for someone with an remote operated underwater vehicle, like PSP.

Another body of water would be the lake at Atwater (right across from a quarry) on Route 29 . This is somewhat close to her house & not much fencing around it. But very steep cliffs there.

Yes, that was my thought too. Jacquie - has the "lake" at Atwater been searched? If I'm not mistaken, it would have still been under construction at that time so there would be nobody there at night, and strange tracks on a worksite would not have raised any suspicions. A body could be rolled right off the cliff. It would be a bit gutsy with 29 and 202 right there, but at the right time of night, in a place that is not lit up, I wouldn't call it risky.

Whoever said Marsh creek would be too risky - I completely agree. Too difficult, too. You would most likely have to use a boat to get to an adequate depth.

For those who aren't local - Atwater is a development that was/is being built overlooking an abandoned quarry. Here is a link to the website where you can see some photos of the area. It's not far from Anna's home.
https://atwater.thehavenapartments....MIgpnr7Pjv2gIVmInICh0Imge9EAAYASAAEgJWkfD_BwE

Wow, just wow! That is very close to her home. Construction sites usually have surveillance cameras to prevent vandals and teenagers from hanging out, but they usually aren't viewed unless something is vandalized/stolen from the site.

The cryptic nature of that article bothers me more just a little. This case is sooo secretive. So many people know things that they can’t say. It’s frustrating. I wish we knew what most people were hinting at re: the person everyone suspects. Not for nosiness but to help put the pieces together. For instance, I’d really like to suss out what is “known” and what is “conjecture”.

That being said, I don’t think you can put much stock in what the child says. He was three when she went missing, and quite frankly, kids say lots of things. Yes, they are observant, but also, there is also imagination and confusion at play. There is too much room for error.

Of course the person that seems suspicious to most of us is acting bizarre. I would like to know this person’s behavior before any of this. Is he just bizarre in general? Is he “I am capable of murder bizarre”? It’s all tied up in innuendo to me.

I feel like I can’t get a gauge on this or do a deep dive because there are so many secrets and “we can’t say things but we’re going to make wink-wink suggestions” style reporting that it’s difficult to get a grasp on this. Until we are let in, and until there is any kind of firmer evidence (the neighbor remembers a tarp—but does s/he? Does this mean ANYTHING?!) or reveal of provable information, it’s all rumors and secrets that will keep this case stirring in the pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, just wanted to make a correction - I think I may be off on the timeline of the Atwater construction. That drone footage above is marked summer of 2016. But there still seem to be areas around the "lake" where someone could dump undetected at night.

The cryptic nature of that article bothers me more just a little. This case is sooo secretive. So many people know things that they can’t say. It’s frustrating. I wish we knew what most people were hinting at re: the person everyone suspects. Not for nosiness but to help put the pieces together. For instance, I’d really like to suss out what is “known” and what is “conjecture”.

That being said, I don’t think you can put much stock in what the child says. He was three when she went missing, and quite frankly, kids say lots of things. Yes, they are observant, but also, there is also imagination and confusion at play. There is too much room for error.

Of course the person that seems suspicious to most of us is acting bizarre. I would like to know this person’s behavior before any of this. Is he just bizarre in general? Is he “I am capable of murder bizarre”? It’s all tied up in innuendo to me.

I feel like I can’t get a gauge on this or do a deep dive because there are so many secrets and “we can’t say things but we’re going to make wink-wink suggestions” style reporting that it’s difficult to get a grasp on this. Until we are let in, and until there is any kind of firmer evidence (the neighbor remembers a tarp—but does s/he? Does this mean ANYTHING?!) or reveal of provable information, it’s all rumors and secrets that will keep this case stirring in the pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Completely agree. I don't understand all the secrecy and control issues that have surrounded this case. It's bizarre and frustrating. If you don't talk about it, people aren't going to know about it or be interested.

Good segment on this evening's 11pm news with text account referenced by another.
In an aside if family or those close to Anna looking in, a quick look online does furnish info regarding Pennsylvania Grandparent Rights. Perhaps an avenue worth exploring if not already in progress

There is conjecture that the child said "Mommy is hiding in the water". Does anyone know the veracity of this piece of information? In my head, I think a child may say that because he heard that people are looking for Mommy. If people are looking for someone, in a child's mind, it indicates that someone is hiding. So, "Mommy is hiding in the water" makes sense when he learns that people are looking for Mommy in the woods and in streams and ponds etc.

It doesn't mean much from a clues point of view imo.

There is conjecture that the child said "Mommy is hiding in the water". Does anyone know the veracity of this piece of information? In my head, I think a child may say that because he heard that people are looking for Mommy. If people are looking for someone, in a child's mind, it indicates that someone is hiding. So, "Mommy is hiding in the water" makes sense when he learns that people are looking for Mommy in the woods and in streams and ponds etc.

It doesn't mean much from a clues point of view imo.

Not buying it.

If it is not true, it sends us in the wrong direction. The wrong direction delays finding Anna and delays the truth being exposed. And no one has put forth the legitimacy of this comment. People like to create sound bites around murders especially when they believe those rumors point in the direction of the person they believe committed the crime. Allen Gould might very well be the perpetrator and having a body would certainly help prove that. Looking in the wrong place slows us down...

Why would a 3/4 year old think about people hiding in water? Why would a child, whose father isn't even looking for his mother, think that people would be out looking for her in the woods and in streams? What kind of person would say that to a child? Certainly his father would not give him that information.
I suppose it's possible, but it doesn't make any sense to me to dismiss the comment outright. Talk about going in the wrong direction.

I wasn't suggesting dismissing anything. Rigor includes considering everything. A four year old child goes to school and is influenced by many people and may have heard things that he does not fully understand. My original question was, and still is, what was the source of this comment? Was it reported somewhere or just a rumor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member