GUILTY PA - Christina Regusters for kidnap, rape of 5yo girl, Philadelphia, 14 Jan 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bail Reduction Request for Cobbs Creek Kidnapping Suspect

At a preliminary hearing scheduled for tomorrow her attorney W. Fred Harrison Jr. says he will ask for the judge to reduce her bail.

snipped

It's unclear how much Harrison will ask the bail to be lowered.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Regusters-Bail-Request-195271651.html

Love and prayers to N and her mama :heartbeat:

They shouldn't lower it one single penny, given the horrific nature of the crime and the fact she hasn't conceded anything...she is clearly a danger to society and needs to be kept behind bars unless she can come forth with information that shows otherwise!!

Well at least LE thinks more perps are involved. I don't think she planned this and executed it all by herself.

Bail Reduction Denied for Cobbs Creek Abduction Suspect
The woman accused in the abduction of a 5-year-old girl will not have her multi-million dollar bail reduced

Bail will remain at $4 million dollars for the woman accused of abducting and raping a 5-year-old Cobbs Creek girl as the district attorney prepares to convene a grand jury in the case.

snipped

Sources tell NBC10's Daralene Jones Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams plans to call a secret grand jury investigation in the case.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-Cobbs-Creek-Abduction-Suspect-195632091.html

Grand jury expected in Cobbs Creek kidnapping case

snip

Last year, the state Supreme Court revived the use of county indicting grand juries, which allow prosecutors to pursue charges through an indictment. The secret grand jury affords witnesses a greater degree of protection from exposure.

Tom Kline, an attorney representing the child and her mother, said Wednesday that he would welcome a grand jury's involvement. "A grand jury would be able to take a closer look at the facts," he said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20130306_Grand_jury_expected_in_Cobbs_Creek_kidnapping_case.html

sounds to me as if LE (or at the very least the prosecutor's office) is still focused on the others in the home who were questioned.

Good because that girl had accomplices, and they need to be charged.

Prosecutor Erin O’Brien countered that the complexity and brutality of the crime warranted the high bail in addition to the fact that she'd be returned to the home the crime allegedly took place and living with persons that have not been ruled out as suspects.

http://iradiophilly.com/conversation.php?idConversation=2030

I think this is *exactly* why this case appears to have stalled. Remember that the four people questioned in this case including CR all share the same attorney! Of course the attorney would discourage her from implicating one or more of his other three clients. I think she would be better served by using a PD who at least would be looking out for HER best interests.

MOO, IMO, etc., etc.

So if they do have other DNA from the t-shirt or N, there hasn't been a match made yet? Or there is no other DNA due to? gah

So if they do have other DNA from the t-shirt or N, there hasn't been a match made yet? Or there is no other DNA due to? gah

Yeah, I thought they also were awaiting lab analysis from other items removed from the searched address as well...Still nothing??? :banghead:

If they don't have the DNA on file from a previous crime and/or don't have the person in custody they can't make a match.

If they don't have the DNA on file from a previous crime and/or don't have the person in custody they can't make a match.

Then this would mean that the DNA collected from the other people in the house is not a match. Christina is protecting someone who does not live in the house..kwim?

It was reported they had collected dna samples from others in the home which I was hopeful would yield further matches or be able to match N's dna to some of the articles taken from the home that would solidify her presence in the house.

I did not realize that DNA samples were collected from the other three people when CR was taken in and arrested! Hmmm, the plot thickens.

My apologies if this has been posted. It's just an update of CR's docket via phillyrapsheet.

MUNICIPAL COURT OF PHILADELPHIA COUNTY
DOCKET
Docket Number: MC-51-CR-0006476-2013
Court Case
CRIMINAL DOCKET
Page 4 of 4
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
v.
Christina Regusters
ENTRIES
Sequence Number CP Filed Date Document Date Filed By
2 03/06/2013 Gordon, Richard J.
Order Granting Motion for Continuance
ADA: Erin O'Brien, Attorney W. Fred Harrison Jr., Steno: Michael Ammann, Court Clerk: A. Scott
Commonwealth request for continuance for further investigation
Defense is ready
Bail motion is denied
Bail to remain the same
Next court date 4/29/2013 in courtroom 608

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=MC-51-CR-0006476-2013

I can't believe she did this all by herself. What about the light skinned male the girl spoke of?

I think the Commonwealth is giving her EVERY possible opportunity to identify other perpetrators. I hope she will choose not to take the fall on her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro