PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I keep asking, but for the locals, is the crime scene tape still up? For some reason, I just find that perplexing and has to mean something. Maybe I'm putting too much weight on it.

I was curious about te same thing for awhile. I found myself on 422 last night goin through palmyra and wondered if it were still up so I drove down the back alley and sure enough it is still up

I was curious about te same thing for awhile. I found myself on 422 last night goin through palmyra and wondered if it were still up so I drove down the back alley and sure enough it is still up

That has just got to mean something after this length of time. Hopefully more is going on than we, the public, realize. Otherwise, it would have surely come down by now.

That has just got to mean something after this length of time. Hopefully more is going on than we, the public, realize. Otherwise, it would have surely come down by now.

I hope you are right.. My heart breaks for her family...

Thanks for the update about suspect just getting out of jail. Agreed...he could not be involved. But my point still stands. First, there have been other attempted abductions locally in past few months that could be related. Second, many have said that the chances of a random abduction are slim. What happened at HACC certainly appears to be random. If she had not gotten away, would everyone looking at the case think chances very slim that it could of been a stranger/random abduction?

Somthing to think about...news articles on abduction of HACC student state that suspect was released previously to what I think was a "half way house" on July 30, 2012 He went back after that release for reasons not clearly stated. He broke the rules somehow. I know that date still rules him out but I am just saying prior to an offical release often a criminal is "out on the streets".
The point I want all of us to consider is what if this girl had not escaped. Would any of us had suspected that she was randomly targeted in the daylight hours from a college parking lot. No, most likely not. Instead we would of picked apart her recent activities, friends etc. He returned her car to the college parking lot. Would of we ever suspected that?
The police officer who located the suspect and was involved in his capture did a GREAT JOB!!! If you have not read the news on his capture you really should...I wish KS case was being handled by those officers!!!

How can we be sure Shaffer was not out of custody at the time of KS's disappearance? I can't be certain from reading the articles and checking vinelink that he wasn't out on parole at that time. Snoop?

How can we be sure Shaffer was not out of custody at the time of KS's disappearance? I can't be certain from reading the articles and checking vinelink that he wasn't out on parole at that time. Snoop?

I don't know how accurate this is, but if it's accurate, he was incarcerated on the 29th:

snip...Most recently, Shaffer was released to the Community Corrections Center in Harrisburg on July 30 but failed to complete that center’s program. The board said Shaffer also had violated terms of his parole by changing his residence without permission...snip

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/12/hacc_abduction.html#incart_2box

By the way, I'm all for verifying when this guy was on the streets and if there could possibly be a connection, believe me!

I have a question into one of the reporters about this. We'll see how he responds.

Here's what a PennLive reporter told me:

The documentation that Probation and Parole sent me, as well as what their spokesman Leo Dunn told me, is that Shaffer was in state prison until he was released to the Community Corrections Center on July 30, 2012. That's all I know at this point.

This case is much like Katelyn's, in my opinion. I wonder how long crime scene tape was left up in her case.

Here's what a PennLive reporter told me:

The documentation that Probation and Parole sent me, as well as what their spokesman Leo Dunn told me, is that Shaffer was in state prison until he was released to the Community Corrections Center on July 30, 2012. That's all I know at this point.

Thanks for running that info Snoop!

Ok .. I'm sure this has been discussed before ... but ... just got to thinking .. CP, MR, KS and possibly one other left the Hardware Bar with CP as the DD. They dropped off MR at his home around 2 am. CP proceeded to drive KS to her home a few blocks away from MRs home.

First altercation with neighbors began with police responding at 3:15 ... That is an hour and 15 minutes between when KS and CP should have arrived at KS's apt until LE showed up .. what happened within that hour window? Did CP and KS go somewhere before going to her apt OR were KS and CP at her apt before the altercation with the neighbor? Dogs barking complaint? .. did someone else show up that neighbors didn't see?

Jump to the morning ... OK .. so CP DROVE to KS's apt after dropping MR off ... why did he walk to the convenience store at 7:30 am? Where was MR's car? Why didn't he drive to the convenience store?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ogated-in-pa-womans-disappearance-police-say/

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/police_were_last_credible_sour.html

Ok .. I'm sure this has been discussed before ... but ... just got to thinking .. CP, MR, KS and possibly one other left the Hardware Bar with CP as the DD. They dropped off MR at his home around 2 am. CP proceeded to drive KS to her home a few blocks away from MRs home.

First altercation with neighbors began with police responding at 3:15 ... That is an hour and 15 minutes between when KS and CP should have arrived at KS's apt until LE showed up .. what happened within that hour window? Did CP and KS go somewhere before going to her apt OR were KS and CP at her apt before the altercation with the neighbor? Dogs barking complaint? .. did someone else show up that neighbors didn't see?

Jump to the morning ... OK .. so CP DROVE to KS's apt after dropping MR off ... why did he walk to the convenience store at 7:30 am? Where was MR's car? Why didn't he drive to the convenience store?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ogated-in-pa-womans-disappearance-police-say/

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/police_were_last_credible_sour.html

Good question.

I am so sick of nothing happening in Kortne's case. I live 1000+ miles away but I don't like it one bit. If I lived in the Palmyra area I'd want to know if I should be worried about a) a random abductor (and probable murderer) in the area or b) someone who made his friend/neighbor/acquaintance disappear that is still out on the streets. Either way, there's a dangerous person on the loose in/around Palmyra and for the safety of residents, he needs to be arrested and locked away. And there's a family that needs answers.

And goodness gracious, why won't they ask Texas Equusearch to come in already???? We know the family knows about TES (as some WSers have contacted them). The more time passes that passes since Kortne went missing the less helpful I feel groups like TES can be. Please stop waiting and call them!

Maybe the stomping noise was both CP and KS stomping down the stairs leaving KS's apt .. They were still fired up .. no way did the fall right to sleep without the help of serious sleep aids ...

Maybe they left KS's apt in a huff to pizz off the neighbor .. and went somewhere else .. that is why no one "heard" knocking .. they weren't there. Maybe LE knocked at KS's apt first and no one answered and the didn't see any cars so they assumed the problem was taken care of and didn't knock on the neighbors door.

I can dismiss KS leaving her car in this instance, her phone and possibly her shoes .. however .. not her cigarettes .. sooooo I guess I'm back at square one ... UGH

Maybe they did call Texas Eqq but LE is resisting for some reason .. Dunno .. LE nor the family has asked for the publics help in searching .. which I do NOT understand!

Maybe they did call Texas Eqq but LE is resisting for some reason .. Dunno .. LE nor the family has asked for the publics help in searching .. which I do NOT understand!

Neither do I!

iirc---LE in this area did REFUSE involvement with Equuasearch....i read it some where in one of these threads...i will try and find it...but wont promise it....jmho...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro