GUILTY Pa - One Adult, 20 Students Stabbed At Murrysville High School, 9 April 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please let your son know I said Thank You!

Ok, now I wonder what platform he played this game on...or what did he use most. If he had a PS3 or XBox360, I wonder if police took that too.

I will :) Available on Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION3, and Games for Windows.

The Elder Scrolls Online will launch for PC and Mac in April 2014. ...The Elder Scrolls Online will also be coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4, but not until June 2014.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sc...hribal-not-loner-or-weirdo-lawyer-says-n77126

According to information provided by the Pennsylvania attorney general’s office, those charges add up to a maximum 585 years in prison if Hribal is convicted across the board and the judge chooses to impose the prison terms one after the other.

Pennsylvania has sentencing guidelines that are advisory for judges but not mandatory. Under those guidelines, the penalties for a first-time offender could be significantly reduced.

Charging Hribal as an adult was not a discretionary decision for prosecutors, the professor said. For certain serious crimes, Pennsylvania prosecutors are required to charge teenagers 15 to 17 as adults, he said.

Address is wrong in the complaint...fwiw. The # of the house. Simple search finds the correct #. 411.com

Lots of adults that grew up with Pokemon still play some of the games, there is a fairly new one i believe (Pokemon X/Y ?) I don't know that much about it, was never into it. But it isnt necessarily for little kids.

The Elder Scrolls series was always only single player but just in the last two weeks an MMO (multiplayer) version of it came out. But if he specifically referenced TES IV that would be Oblivion, a game from about 7 years ago. Skyrim was TES V which is what most people have been talking about for a long time, and then just recently the MMO which is called Elder Scrolls Online.

Anyway, it is an RPG style, explore the world, kill monsters, level up skills, type game. It is not particularly graphic violence except Skyrim had some slow motion death scenes that were pretty intense, some people would find them too graphic for sure.

Just to be clear on my opinion, the video games he played would be near the bottom of any list i was compiling of contributing factors.

Lots of adults that grew up with Pokemon still play some of the games, there is a fairly new one i believe (Pokemon X/Y ?) I don't know that much about it, was never into it. But it isnt necessarily for little kids.

The Elder Scrolls series was always only single player but just in the last two weeks an MMO (multiplayer) version of it came out. But if he specifically referenced TES IV that would be Oblivion, a game from about 7 years ago. Skyrim was TES V which is what most people have been talking about for a long time, and then just recently the MMO which is called Elder Scrolls Online.

Anyway, it is an RPG style, explore the world, kill monsters, level up skills, type game. It is not particularly graphic violence except Skyrim had some slow motion death scenes that were pretty intense, some people would find them too graphic for sure.

Just to be clear on my opinion, the video games he played would be near the bottom of any list i was compiling of contributing factors.

Thank you so much! I didn't see anything graphic as far as violence is concerned. I'm most interested in chat forum features.

Pokemon is for older persons as well? That's interesting. Maybe my mind was closed bc my children played Pokemon when they were little. Funny bc whenever I'm near a Ms Pacman game I just simply have to play it...and won't stop til I have the high score lol. My kids tell me I'm old school bc sometimes I'll break out the Super Mario Bros too! So maybe Pokemon is the same scenario for some people but I might have brushed that off in comparison to how my oldest boys grew out of it? I think that's a real possibility.

Thank you so much! I didn't see anything graphic as far as violence is concerned. I'm most interested in chat forum features.

Pokemon is for older persons as well? That's interesting. Maybe my mind was closed bc my children played Pokemon when they were little. Funny bc whenever I'm near a Ms Pacman game I just simply have to play it...and won't stop til I have the high score lol. My kids tell me I'm old school bc sometimes I'll break out the Super Mario Bros too! So maybe Pokemon is the same scenario for some people but I might have brushed that off in comparison to how my oldest boys grew out of it? I think that's a real possibility.

I asked for the last two Christmases and didn't get the arcade version of asteroids. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would bet he was pretty active on either Reddit or 9Gag. Plenty of adults there enjoying pokemon recently, not to mention the memes. The latter is mostly for amusement, while the former can be a very informative research tool, but if you wander into certain parts it's nothing but misanthropy and bitterness. JMO.

People with violent tendencies are more likely to seek out violent media [citation admittedly needed]. If there's a correlation, I think it ends there.

I wonder if he is, or was, taking medication for acne. My two grandchildren were both treated with Accutane...great results but can have horrific side effects.

I would bet he was pretty active on either Reddit or 9Gag. Plenty of adults there enjoying pokemon recently, not to mention the memes. The latter is mostly for amusement, while the former can be a very informative research tool, but if you wander into certain parts it's nothing but misanthropy and bitterness. JMO.

People with violent tendencies are more likely to seek out violent media [citation admittedly needed]. If there's a correlation, I think it ends there.

Good post. There is a lot of nostalgia lately among young adults in their 20s for the old Pokemon (as you mentioned, it's talked about on Reddit quite a bit - and yes, much of reddit, depending on which subs you subscribe to, has a lot of misanthropy, misogyny, racism, homophobia, and downright ugliness), and there are some new Pokemon shows out that younger children watch (my 7 and 9 year olds watch Pokemon Black & White, and even my 17 year old son and 16 yr old daughter will watch with them lol). Very innocent, it's a fun game and been around for a long time, IMO indicates nothing important.

Elder Scrolls/Oblivion/Skyrim, I have played them all (huge RPG fan from way back). Not what people are thinking when they want to drum up the cliched image of violent video games. In depth storyline, quests, exploration, etc. Yes there is fantasy violence, but of the type you'd expect from a medieval storyline type thing.

Memes are just that - memes. Usually A graphic used as a shortcut to express something or tell a quick story. Generally funny. I'm tickled that people would try to read something into Good Guy Greg lol. He's just a laid back happy dude used to tell a quick story about someone doing something nice/considerate. He's Steve's opposite.

I think people are just looking at whatever small tidbit is out there and hoping there is some meaning in it. Really, given the popularity and ubiquity of those games and memes, there's absolutely nothing you can read into it IMO.

I've gone through so many of the students' twitter feeds in the past hour that my eyes are literally crossing. I find it appalling that there are sooo many media people directly contacting & asking these kids for interviews.

ATTN MEDIA PEOPLE:
Please show some couth and speak with parents before contacting these children directly!

My hubby said a 16 yr old at 5'3" and 110 pounds (no girlfriend?) would be picked on by someone. It would be almost natural for them to call him 'shorty', 'shrimp' and other names all his life. I know that is wrong but kids do that. He couldn't help but have a bad image of himself.
JMOO, he should of had some kind of self esteem help. I even know a few children that had to have growth hormones at 13/14 for under developement. And he had excellant grades, therefore called 'nerd'...........I have a 6' 2' grandson proud to put M.D. on his name.........that was called 'nerd', but look who is laughing now......he even made the Governors award.......self esteem ...........this boy wanted to die/not normal!!! JMOO

I'm 5' 3-1/2" and a woman (so only 1/2" shorter than "average") and I've been teased about being small my whole life. I've read that short men really take a lot of flak. But then I also know short men who have great personalities and are kind and funny and not prone to anger or violence.

To attack with a knife is up close and personal. IMO, it requires a high level of viciousness. There is a lot more going on with this kid than folks are assuming. The lawyer is doing a good job of painting him as tiny, frail and childlike but the assault he committed paints something else entirely. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Linda7NJ: I wanted to apologize if my post last night appeared directed towards you. It was not intended to at all. I accentuating on entitlement vs. need of material things to establish status/popularity/acceptance for our children today.

We are very close to Sandy Hook and know parents whose children were in that school that dreadful day. Fortunately, they were not in one of the targeted classrooms but still traumatized by the events. My son is graduating this year and our school system is losing a great superintendent who is moving onto oversee Newtown schools and hopefully guide them to being stronger than ever. This violence in our schools, colleges and communities is so scary and I strongly believe we as parents need to open our eyes to what is going on in our children's lives. Example: the nonsense in the media of comparing them to TV family fantasy perfect life.

I know that knife attacks usually indicate a greater sense of feeling, are more personal, etc. etc. But I have to wonder about it in this case, given the blank look on his face during the attack and his dazed and out of it sense following it. I'm wondering if perhaps he had some sort of break from reality.

Like others have said, the video games and memes are red herrings at this point. They aren't violent RPGs, and Good Guy Greg is a well known, tame meme that's been around forever. The Pokemon might be a little "dorky" for teenagers in high school, but he's certainly not the only high school kid playing.

-------------------

Anybody posting here who was ever bullied as a child? I was. For wearing glasses at a time when you just didn't see small children in glasses. Oh, and I participated in "Duck and Cover" exercises up until Junior High School. And we were told all about the Russians and how they might bomb us with nuclear bombs. No games of sardines for us. It was all we hate the Communists and they hate us!

How did any of us ever manage to grow up without violently killing our classmates?

IMO, excellent question! I have some theories of my own, but I'm not going to express them again because they offended some. I certainly am no expert, but surely it is time for someone to organize a "think tank" of highly qualified individuals to try & uncover the cause/causes for the violence in our society.

The first instance of mass murder that I can remember occurred in 1966 when Charles Whitman killed 16 people & injured many more.

Charles Whitman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia_

So many terrible things happened in the 1960s & we have continued to go downhill from there.

This post is JMO

I wonder if he is, or was, taking medication for acne. My two grandchildren were both treated with Accutane...great results but can have horrific side effects.

That is a good point. I took Accutane as a teen with very good results and minor side effects, but needed it again as a young adult and had horrible mental side effects from it.

One thing I don't understand is why these retributions or acts of revenge are not against individuals but are seemingly going towards the masses.

Why are we seeing a shift from the violent outbreaks being directed at those who "caused" the child pain, but instead just a sweeping act of rage against anyone and everyone in a specific setting?

I guess when I was younger if someone picked on someone relentlessly what would happen is that kid would FINALLY have enough and end up beating the snot out of the kid who wouldn't leave him/her the hell alone.

Now...now they don't handle it that way. They bring guns/knives to school and open fire on innocent people in an effort to let the world know "just how bad it must have been".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back