PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Does anyone have any idea why people may believe this or what has convinced them? Although this may have been posted earlier on the RFG thread(s), I don't recall seeing this before, and I find it interesting.

I only know of one person in the area that has even hinted at it. I really do not think getting into the motives of why some people do is something provable.

While the current DA backed away from the "homicide is the least likely" comment, off the record, that is what LE is saying. The former DA has indicated that he thinks RFG walked away; Sloane has been adamant that he did. Much of what LE has done in recent years, though not all, points to looking for someone alive, not for a dead body.

Certainly a plurality of people (non LE) in the area think he walked away, to the point that they tell Ray Gricar jokes. Some would consider it to be a "stain on his honor," if he wasn't murdered and just chose to leave. I really disagree with that, unless there was some criminality involved.

I wish I was convinced that he did walk away.

On the 9 witnesses, that would be between 10:00 AM and 8:00 PM on 4/15/05.

That excludes the witnesses (3 known) from 4/16/05.

JJ, you know I think he is probably alive, or was alive and disappeared voluntarily. That's not to say that he might not have died in the interim, wherever he went. I tend to think he's alive now, as I get no strong feelings that he is deceased, and I am usually right on the money about death things.

I am never going back to the forum which is maligning Patty. I thought they were an intelligent group of people, but your arguments about why she couldn't have harmed Ray are stand up reasons, JJ.

Sometimes I simply want a finite answer. Yes he is alive, or no, he is not alive. But truthfully, I only want the answer to be " Yes he is alive". :)

JJ, you know I think he is probably alive, or was alive and disappeared voluntarily. That's not to say that he might not have died in the interim, wherever he went. I tend to think he's alive now, as I get no strong feelings that he is deceased, and I am usually right on the money about death things.

I would need evidence of how he got out of Lewisburg. I have a lot of theories about how, and not one piece of evidence.

I am never going back to the forum which is maligning Patty. I thought they were an intelligent group of people, but your arguments about why she couldn't have harmed Ray are stand up reasons, JJ.

Well, they are not arguments so much as evidence. :) I think it was very reasonable to look at PEF's whereabouts on 4/15/05 and to look at the witnesses who saw RFG on 4/15/05. I think it also is reasonable to look to see if there was any anxiety in their relationship (the late afternoon before, an acquaintance saw them walking in a park and said that they were "a perfect couple."), and to look at PEF's demeanor after the disappearance. Everything points to her not being involved in his disappearance, if it was murder.

Sometimes I simply want a finite answer. Yes he is alive, or no, he is not alive. But truthfully, I only want the answer to be " Yes he is alive". :)

If he was murdered, I want the murderer caught. If it was suicide or an accident, I want the body found. If he walked away, I'll say: "Congratulations, Ray Gricar. You did it, outwitting everyone. I salute you. You're a smarter man than I am."

New blog up on the PA Attorney General's race and what it means to the Gricar case, if anyone is interested.

Also in the presentment: RFG made his decision without either personally, or though the investigators, interviewing Sandusky.

New blog up on the PA Attorney General's race and what it means to the Gricar case, if anyone is interested.

The candidate that I didn't vote for won. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised and see her look into the Gricar case.

There was a report of some new lead on WHTM, but I don't have the details.

Anything new?

No, nothing new.

I will say that, in light of the article, and a few others, a lot of opinion in Centre County is that he walked away. There is some circumstantial evidence, but not exactly what I'd call strong.

I don't believe that he walked away. I think that he was murdered. I'm not tied to my conclusion and would prefer a walk-away solution. Regardless, I think he did try to send messages regarding his situation and I think it is tied to his connection with the author (Pamela Best) of 20/20 vision. She was so allegedly taken aback by the similarities between her book and Ray's disappearance that she contacted the police. I'm not sure where that went (given that authorities will not share an iota of information about either case) but I do believe that this was Ray's attempt at shedding some light on his situation. Pamela Best based her book on Betsy's murder (which she had researched and discussed with Ray). She had her suspicions regarding who might have murdered Betsy. She discussed this with Ray and he convinced her to continue with her research but to write a fictional account rather than a non-fiction book. Hmmmm. Who did Pamela Best think killed Betsy? I think that there is a link there somewhere that connects to what happened to Ray. I think she was right-on-top-of-it and if if if Ray could have been trying to communicate something (anything) when he "disappeared" the two are connected.

JMO

I just want to add that I find it shocking that Betsy's case is 40 (yes FORTY) years old and STILL the case remains undisclosed to the public because it is still "under investigation". How lame is that? What they hey do they have to lose at this point? Why not disclose everything? They haven't moved a piece forward in 40 years and the public still has no right to see whatever scanty piece of information they have? Something's wrong. I don't know what it is but it really smells bad.

I don't believe that he walked away. I think that he was murdered. I'm not tied to my conclusion and would prefer a walk-away solution. Regardless, I think he did try to send messages regarding his situation and I think it is tied to his connection with the author (Pamela Best) of 20/20 vision. She was so allegedly taken aback by the similarities between her book and Ray's disappearance that she contacted the police.

Nothing "allegedly" in that; she was shocked reading about the case and called LE. I've talked to her. Ms. West hadn't spoken with RFG since the late 1980's, and she didn't know if he'd ever read 20/20 Vision.

I like science fiction and it is a very good book.

Note that by 2005, everyone that was a suspect in Ms. Aardsma's death was dead.

**Spoiler**
The killer in the book was a professor, and one of the persons of interest in the Aardsma case at the time was a university professor. It is now known that he had an alibi. He also died a few weeks after she was murdered.

A major plot point is a faked death.

An analysis his here: http://www.centredaily.com/2009/04/03/2396735/2020-hindsight.html

I'm not sure where that went (given that authorities will not share an iota of information about either case) but I do believe that this was Ray's attempt at shedding some light on his situation. Pamela Best based her book on Betsy's murder (which she had researched and discussed with Ray). She had her suspicions regarding who might have murdered Betsy. She discussed this with Ray and he convinced her to continue with her research but to write a fictional account rather than a non-fiction book. Hmmmm. Who did Pamela Best think killed Betsy? I think that there is a link there somewhere that connects to what happened to Ray. I think she was right-on-top-of-it and if if if Ray could have been trying to communicate something (anything) when he "disappeared" the two are connected.

JMO

I think if this is not a coincidence, RFG could have been sending a signal that he wasn't dead. The question is, to whom? Was he just playing with LE or was it specific?

I would not rule out coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member