Pace U in NYC, May 31st @ 7:30 - Jeff Ashton / Chaney Mason

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know he said he'd buy CM lunch if he could explain somthing...was it why Casey would make a drowning look like a murder?? I can't remember...lol...but there was a response from the audience. Could have been one giant guffaw. :)
yeal that was something about no evidence of fca being bad mother other than her killing her child. If these were the only two times the audience reacted then I think they were pro JA and fca being guilty. Wonder if the trial and OS etc has been discussed in these law students' ethics classes?

oh see from above post by "wasalurker" - that was a different time than what I said

JA asked him if KC was not in on the "concealment" how the hell a hair from a dead child got in her car? CM said "who's hair is in your car right now?" JA responded "not a dead childs - I will swear to that - you will not find a dead childs hair in my car I will buy you lunch if you can find one". The audience laughed and clapped.
Thanks, Wasalurker!

Wish WS radio could get CM on. We know the facts better than he does.

IMHO - Mason never read the letters- heck it was difficult enough for us to do - he trusted his lieutenants - conjecture and hyperbole - also he's a faker. He wants to be the wiley, venerable ole lawyer. Ship has sailed. Unfortunately, a number of members of his audience tonight will play that card in the future and win.

You might be right, if you are, CM is a double liar.
He should never have brought it up as an argument as he did tonight.
Or say I never read those letters.
JA said he read those letters several times and what CM said was never writen.
So JA outed him as a liar right there on stage.
CM is a smug nasty liar.
Remember when he was not on the team and said on tv to get this circus over and done. let her plead guilty. something like that.
I wish they had shown that little tidbit to the law students.

All I know is when CM said the things he did about the letters and this so called proof with the Dr.'s-after it has been fully established that FCA is a liar; how could anything she said be taken in truth? Funny he knew about certain things but didn't know JB was going to use that in OS? Yea, right, and that's why he said what he did about telling her parents about it. He fooled nobody.

I have a question for my WS friends...will this ever get easier?
It's been almost a year and I still hate the fact that this sweet little girl never got the justice she deserved.

Listening tonight was hard at times because it brings back the sad memories, and the feelings of disgust over the verdict. Just hearing from CM was..(err...moving on quickly), but now I hear it in a different way. I really don't respect what anyone from the DT has to say, and most of it is just noise to me now. CM can't rewrite the facts or the science behind this case, and he was called out a few times when he tried to stear away from them. He just sounded silly to me, and appeared to be very bitter over JA's book success. CM called JA a liar about the plea deal information. Why would CM do that? It would be so easy to prove if JA had lied or mislead people about it, and I can not believe that CM, once he heard about it, would ever remain quiet for the past 7 months since JA's book's release.

I will suggest that Caylee has had her justice in many ways, we don't forget her, and we remember all of the LE and volunteers who looked for her - they worked tirelessly and she was finally found. We need to take comfort in that fact. Imagine if Caylee was never found? I think that would be much worse.

We can't let what 12 people said be the end all, and just because what’s her name is not sitting all alone in a hard walled cell does not mean she is free.

Caylee will always remain in the forefront. Caylee’s law, which has been passed in many states, with others pending, ensures that other parents won't get away with lying about their child to gain time while hiding their crime. That is Caylee's legacy.

Well I poured a big glass of frozen wine.....went to the Pace website hoping that there would be a recording but NOPE.....

Moderator showing the picture of Anthony dancing, showing the tattoo and the tape of CA talking to Kristine and saying Oh my god, calling you guys a waste, huge waste …

Cheney says that she shut down. Went into denial. He says that during the grief lady presentation is when it was the first time CA broke down and saw what happened.
This is infuriating. Can't stand him.

BBM. I guess he completely forgot when she broke down while the tv was on at the jail.

:doh:

:waiting:

It's been almost a year and I still hate the fact that this sweet little girl never got the justice she deserved.

I'm not sure it ever will RR0004 - I wish I could say something wise that would be a blessing to all of us who care - but the more details I find out about this case the worse I feel about what a miscarriage of justice we all witnessed.

The more I hear the worse it gets, not that I am hearing more complicated information but exactly the opposite. The things that wrecked this case are so banal - it is heartbreaking.

Oh and isn't the self appointed foreperson, he with the ironed underwear a man in his 40"s? I believe he is...

I'm not sure it ever will RR0004 - I wish I could say something wise that would be a blessing to all of us who care - but the more details I find out about this case the worse I feel about what a miscarriage of justice we all witnessed.

The more I hear the worse it gets, not that I am hearing more complicated information but exactly the opposite. The things that wrecked this case are so banal - it is heartbreaking.

Oh and isn't the self appointed foreperson, he with the ironed underwear a man in his 40"s? I believe he is...

BBM.

:ohwow:

Listening tonight was hard at times because it brings back the sad memories, and the feelings of disgust over the verdict. Just hearing from CM was..(err...moving on quickly), but now I hear it in a different way. I really don't respect what anyone from the DT has to say, and most of it is just noise to me now. CM can't rewrite the facts or the science behind this case, and he was called out a few times when he tried to stear away from them. He just sounded silly to me, and appeared to be very bitter over JA's book success. CM called JA a liar about the plea deal information. Why would CM do that? It would be so easy to prove if JA had lied or mislead people about it, and I can not believe that CM, once he heard about it, would ever remain quiet for the past 7 months since JA's book's release.

I will suggest that Caylee has had her justice in many ways, we don't forget her, and we remember all of the LE and volunteers who looked for her - they worked tirelessly and she was finally found. We need to take comfort in that fact. Imagine if Caylee was never found? I think that would be much worse.

We can't let what 12 people said be the end all, and just because what’s her name is not sitting all alone in a hard walled cell does not mean she is free.

Caylee will always remain in the forefront. Caylee’s law, which has been passed in many states, with others pending, ensures that other parents won't get away with lying about their child to gain time while hiding their crime. That is Caylee's legacy.
Thanks, Zippity. I've thought more than once that she just may have been sitting behind bars if Caylee hadn't been found. How could they have possibly explained the kidnapping...when there was no ZFG? How could they have used the drowning if they had no body? Why would you have hidden a body if poor Caylee had drowned? The whole abuse nonsense wouldn't have passed muster either...unless they wanted to claim that Casey had blocked out what happened to Caylee because of prior trauma. I just think Casey's behavior would have been even harder to explain. Don't get me wrong, I am glad they removed Caylee from that swamp. She didn't deserve to be left there forever and a day...she deserved to be brought home. I'm just wondering what it would have taken for that jury to convict. My heart still breaks.

Thanks, logicgirl. I'm going to bed with a heavy heart tonight. Kinda wished I hadn't watched the webcast...brought a lot back. Glad you all are still here.

I don't know. I'm still not over it. Thought I would be by now.

BBM
Thank you for bringing everything back into focus.

Thank you everybody who posted the content of the debate. I couldn't watch it yesterday, but you all gave me a good idea of what went on. I went to the Pace site and found their archive of past events. I have a feeling that it takes them a while to post new lectures, possibly because they may edit them a bit. I'm going to check back on this page from time to time in the next few days to see if they have it up:

http://www.law.pace.edu/news/ppls/past.html

Thanks, Zippity. I've thought more than once that she just may have been sitting behind bars if Caylee hadn't been found. How could they have possibly explained the kidnapping...when there was no ZFG? How could they have used the drowning if they had no body? Why would you have hidden a body if poor Caylee had drowned? The whole abuse nonsense wouldn't have passed muster either...unless they wanted to claim that Casey had blocked out what happened to Caylee because of prior trauma. I just think Casey's behavior would have been even harder to explain. Don't get me wrong, I am glad they removed Caylee from that swamp. She didn't deserve to be left there forever and a day...she deserved to be brought home. I'm just wondering what it would have taken for that jury to convict. My heart still breaks.

I dont think anything would cause this particular jury to convict. If Caylee hadnt been found though perhaps we would have not had a dp case and would have had a whole different jury..one that perhaps that would listen to the evidence ...

Speaking of the jury what happened to the foreman? I would have loved to see him defend his illogical views with Ashton and judge Alex questioning him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back