Paris - Fire at Notre Dame Cathedral, Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
gettyimages-1137422878notredame-2b6dcee63ab1da164b358c660dc911a41196850e-s1600-c85.jpg

Spire Falls At Paris' Notre Dame As Cathedral Is Engulfed In Flames

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

... none of us are there. We're all viewing it from media streams that are being kept far back - far enough back that we really can't see exactly what's going on at the scene.

That said, I HAVE been there, and I absolutely believe that there are many, many people there working that we aren't able to see, due to the logistics of the area surrounding this building. It's massive, surrounded by massive, with narrow in between. Your trailer park you referenced probably has more parking area.

It also doesn't look like they have lights on at the scene, as we do here in the US. That probably makes it harder to see, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paris prosecutor launches official investigation into cause of Notre Dame blaze
5cb4d801dda4c88c0a8b45fc.jpg

The Paris prosecutor has opened an investigation into the disastrous fire, that devastated one of the most well-known landmarks in the city. The blaze itself is not contained yet.

[...]

The Paris prosecutor office has launched a probe into the incident, entrusting it to French judiciary police, which indicates that the investigation is criminal. The city prosecutor has attended the scene of the incident, while firefighters continue to battle fire on the remains of the iconic landmark.

French President Emmanuel Macron and PM Edouard Philippe have also arrived at the scene. The fire has disrupted Macron’s plans to address the nation and unveil a set of measures in response to the Yellow Vest protests.

5cb4da65dda4c8880a8b460e.jpg

This fire in Notre Dame is a part of everyone, not just the people of France. Notre Dame is/was more than architecture, religion, history, etc. There is a meaning here, I just can't quite put my finger on it yet.

So true. I went to Paris a couple of times and visited Notre Dame. Every time I was overwhelmed. But that was a few years ago. Now it is a precious memory.

So true. I went to Paris a couple of times and visited Notre Dame. Every time I was overwhelmed. But that was a few years ago. Now it is a precious memory.
I regret I haven't been there. It is one of those places that I'm interested in seeing, but "it will be there" whenever I eventually make the trip. Sort of like Grand Canyon - I just take it for granted it will be there when I get there.

I'm sad for all of you with precious memories of the place. This loss must be all the more personal.

jmo

I regret I haven't been there. It is one of those places that I'm interested in seeing, but "it will be there" whenever I eventually make the trip. Sort of like Grand Canyon - I just take it for granted it will be there when I get there.

I'm sad for all of you with precious memories of the place. This loss must be all the more personal.

jmo

I was just about to post the same. I'm glad to read about people's experiences of being there. I never have.

Paris prosecutor launches official investigation into cause of Notre Dame blaze

The Paris prosecutor has opened an investigation into the disastrous fire, that devastated one of the most well-known landmarks in the city. The blaze itself is not contained yet...

The Paris prosecutor office has launched a probe into the incident, entrusting it to French judiciary police, which indicates that the investigation is criminal. The city prosecutor has attended the scene of the incident, while firefighters continue to battle fire on the remains of the iconic landmark.

French President Emmanuel Macron and PM Edouard Philippe have also arrived at the scene. The fire has disrupted Macron’s plans to address the nation and unveil a set of measures in response to the Yellow Vest protests.

Wonder why this is being considered for criminal investigation?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne966
Back