Pastor - Neil Schori

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Below is a recap of the Dan Abrams show, courtesy of Snicker at Courtvboards. Good job Snicker! I found this via a kind poster at Greta. So I'm reading what I'll post below, is Brodsky saying it's Neil's fault for not protecting Stacy from Drew? Did Brodsky just admit that Drew is guilty?

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?threadid=320755&perpage=40&pagenumber=11

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Dan Abrams Update:
eek.gif

DA: DP needs your help. He is calling on his fellow Americans to give donations on a new website he put up today. It has since crashed, been taken down, who knows? The money will go to his legal defense, a PI, and then his kids. Well, DP may really need some help because his pastor is coming out to say that DP confessed to SP that he killed KS. (showing clip of pastor)
DA: You going to go after the man of the cloth now?
JB: This guy is a certified counsellor and a mandatory reporter. After SP tells him about this the pastor says "that's nice, go home and pray." This is what he's report for weeks now in several different media. It doesn't even make sense.
DA: Maybe it makes sense because clergy hear a lot of things and they need to consider the circumstances and what effect reporting might have. He may have wanted to help her resolve her issues first.
JB: He wanted to help her? When someone confesses to murder? He has an obligation to report. If I were SP's family I would be looking for an attorney to sue this pastor.
SF: This guy is a police sargeant, so who are they going to report it to? The police department where he works?
DA: This may be double hearsay. Any way to get it in?
JS: It is hearsay. There are two levels of hearsay, it's not getting in.
DA: If they can show that SP was gotten rid of to keep her from telling anyone else about DP's confession, it could come in.
JB: (stuttering), no, no. There are other issues too.
DA: I guess the money goes first to you, then to the PI, and then to the kids, so you get the bulk of the money.
JB: I consider the attorneys fees and the PI fees as co-equal. It's customary for attorneys and PIs to work together.
DA: DP's got no leads? Such that he might be able to find the woman he claims is alive. He's got to have some idea who his wife ran off with.
JB: We get sightings everyday.
DA: Not whacko sightings. I'm talking about real tangible leads.
JB: Well, we have the two Rosetto brothers, the nurses. And we've also heard that there have been rumors about this pastor and SP.
DA: What?! You're going to sit there and tell me that SP was having an affair with this pastor?
JB: That's not something I just made up. I've gotten several calls about the possibility that they had . . .
DA: We're not even going to continue taking about that. You just came on national tv and hinted that SP was having an affair with this pastor. We'll talk about that again when you have some proof of that allegation. That's just nonsense.
JB: I also just wanted to say again that the attorney fees and PI are co-equal.
DA: Thanks, we'll have you back again soon.
[/FONT]

People give too much faith in confidentiality ethics and laws. They are not as air tight as people would like to believe. Believe me when I say I KNOW! At the very end of the interview with Greta, I think Schori explains pretty well why he's coming forward in the media. He want's other people that may have information to come forward and do the same thing even though it's tough. Also, by telling his story from his own mouth, prevents the media from making up stuff because he wasn't talking.
SQ...I agree 100%. There are some other people who know something and he was trying to get that point across. You hear a lot of bad things when you are counseling people. To hear that someone is married to a man who may of killed the woman before her, and is now coming to you for marriage counseling, you have to do what you have to do. Confidentiality ethics are broken every day FOR GOOD REASONS. IMHO this would have been a good time to break the code of ethics and do what is RIGHT for the person. We aren't talking about folks who disagree about the kids, or money. We are talking about MURDER!

About his lawyer.....he needs to fire him or bend over and REALLY kiss his butt goodbye.:twocents:

This is unbelieveable. I'm sure Drew thought that Stacy was having an affair with anyone who glanced her way. To say such a thing about this pastor is absolutely unreal. Notice how every single person who has spoken out against Drew is unstable, has problems, can't be believed, is a nutcase, just wants attention, is lying, is delusional and had an affair with Stacy.

I hope that the pastor sues this lowlife.

He should sue and I hope he does! Brodsky is awful. I don't usually agree with Michael Cardoza (on Greta) but he is right tonight - Brodsky is just clueless when it comes to handling the media and he is making things worse for his client.

Ah shucks, I just realized that DP probably gave him a big retainer and may not be able to get it back from Brodsky. Oh - poor Drew. (snark)

I"m just flabbergasted at Joel Brodsky. This guy is as low as his client. I hope the good pastor sues Brodsky, and Brodsky is disbarred. :furious:

Curiosity, you made me think about something. Could the pastor have thought that this was such an unbelievable tale between a married couple that were having problems? And didn't realize the truth of what Stacy said until she went missing? You are correct, pastors must hear bad things all the time. And you can imagine how true that is when a marriage is falling apart.

He is desperate! After all, what the pastor revealed in last night's interview connects DP to Kathleen's murder. The only thing DP and the lawyer can do now is trash the pastor.

Why doesn't he just give it up? He just continues to make a bigger arse of himself all the time. How about showing some concern for the missing wife and the children?

Curiosity, you made me think about something. Could the pastor have thought that this was such an unbelievable tale between a married couple that were having problems?
And didn't realize the truth of what Stacy said until she went missing?
Very well could have been SQ!

Why doesn't he just give it up? He just continues to make a bigger arse of himself all the time. How about showing some concern for the missing wife and the children?

The pastor showed more concern for Stacy and her children's welfare than Drew or Brodsky have ever shown!

Oh my goodness! According to the Naperville church letter which is posted, Neil Schori's wife Brandi, has just given birth to twin daughters.

Please pray for this man of God and his precious family to be safe from DP and all who are associated with DP.

Maria

Pastor 'blown away' by Stacy's confession about Drew

December 11, 2007

~snip
Sun-Times columnist Michael Sneed was the first to report in late November on the conversation between Stacy Peterson and Schori. In August, Stacy Peterson confided to Schori that her husband had claimed to have killed his previous wife, sources told the Sun-Times.

And earlier this month, the Sun-Times interviewed Schori, who acknowledged he'd spoken to Stacy Peterson in August.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/692058,CST-NWS-peterson11.article

Curiosity, you made me think about something. Could the pastor have thought that this was such an unbelievable tale between a married couple that were having problems? And didn't realize the truth of what Stacy said until she went missing? You are correct, pastors must hear bad things all the time. And you can imagine how true that is when a marriage is falling apart.
Well, that would make sense to me as to why he didn't say anything. He looks young and clean cut. Probably doesn't hear that sort-of thing everyday. LOL Maybe he did wonder at first if she was "exaggerating" things. He did say he was so stunned at first he didn't know what to think. I think you may be right.

I thought the pastor to be authentic, youthful and earnest but, PERHAPS IF SP was counseled to contact BBPD, and SP worried about the BBPD in cahoots with DP. An older and more experienced pastor would then have counseled her and gone with her to the Illinois Crime Bureau or the State DA, etc. He might also have asked for prayers from the congregation for her in a way not to betray her confidence, but to also set the gossiper watchers down.

Consider imop, in every church no matter how large or small you will always find a few choice members who watch, observe and make private judgements about other members and their specific behaviors or activities that they have observed.

Then from their own personal watching and observing, these watchers and observers often have a close friend with whom they share their watching and their observations and then come up with scenarios on what each of their watches and observations seem to indicate about such activities of fellow church members.

In a word it becomes gossip, it has been said that three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.

So IF DP'sA had phone calls about the minister and SP, then that would surely be hearsay. Something that a bonified attorney should not be found repeating to anyone MUCH LESS a MEDIA person.

Do you think DP'sA took name rank and serial numbers of the people who called HIM on the telephone? I am guessing NAH.

I believe the pastor and I also believe he was given enough detail by Stacy that when he spoke with LE, along with info from others and the new autopsy report, that what he has to say will no longer be considered heresay but factual.

On Greta it appeared that what he was saying had tied into what others have said. Also remember that even Ric Mims had told Drew with Stacy gone he had no more alibi for Kathy's death and it sucked to be Drew.

Then co workers came forward about her bruises and beatings from Drew.
Enough people with the same facts and same story tranlates in the jury's eyes to truth when they hear it over and over again.

If we were on a jury now who would we believe...Drew who took the 5th, Brodsky the fool and big mouth..or several normal citizens that all tell the same story?

I can't imagine being this young pastor hearing about the murder from Stacy, and then getting the voicemail from Drew when he returned from the meeting!! That would have freaked me out.

I believe that Stacy shared info with the pastor in Aug. because she already knew she was leaving DrewP. And I believe it is possible that she may have asked him not to report the info until she had gotten away from DrewP.
I also believe that she shared with the pastor for a reason. That reason being that if she ended up dead or missing, she wanted that info to come out. This was her way of insuring that.

That is what I was thinking exactly mysteriew. I believe that was her security and if DP did carry out previous threats he made to her, she wanted someone in a position to be believed by LE, if she tuned up having an "accident" and that's why she choose the pastor.

I'm sure she told others her dilema, but didn't now whether LE would viewthem as credible.

This is unbelieveable. I'm sure Drew thought that Stacy was having an affair with anyone who glanced her way. To say such a thing about this pastor is absolutely unreal. Notice how every single person who has spoken out against Drew is unstable, has problems, can't be believed, is a nutcase, just wants attention, is lying, is delusional and had an affair with Stacy.

I hope that the pastor sues this lowlife.

It's intimidation of potential witnesses. Everyone who steps forward gets trashed, so therefore a warning to others who are considering stepping forward with info, that they too will be trashed if they say anything.

But they have overdone it. When they trashed the pastor, they went too far and now no one will believe what Brodsky and DrewP have to say (of course not too many people gave them much credence anyway.)

That is what I was thinking exactly mysteriew. I believe that was her security and if DP did carry out previous threats he made to her, she wanted someone in a position to be believed by LE, if she tuned up having an "accident" and that's why she choose the pastor.

I'm sure she told others her dilema, but didn't now whether LE would viewthem as credible.

She doesn't seem to have told too much detail to family. She told them some things, but downplayed some of it and didn't give them details. Perhaps she didn't want to worry them in case she was able to get out ok. But it was important to her that someone knew.

It's intimidation of potential witnesses. Everyone who steps forward gets trashed, so therefore a warning to others who are considering stepping forward with info, that they too will be trashed if they say anything.

But they have overdone it. When they trashed the pastor, they went too far and now no one will believe what Brodsky and DrewP have to say (of course not too many people gave them much credence anyway.)
I never believed Brodsky from the beginning. He seemed like an incompetent nitwit, to me. Just listen to the talking heads (who I think are told to give the pros and the cons). They all say that he is an embarrassment to the legal profession.

She doesn't seem to have told too much detail to family. She told them some things, but downplayed some of it and didn't give them details. Perhaps she didn't want to worry them in case she was able to get out ok. But it was important to her that someone knew.

agreed. I believe that she was in fear of DP, but didn't allow her family to know the entire truth out of fear of their safety. Also, maybe Stacy didn't tell her family fearing that they would be the first people DP would suspect knowing, and therefore putting her loved ones in danger.
I believe she had alot on her plate with trying to live a "normal" life in front of others. I just widh she would have made it out safely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth
Back