!!!!!!!!!! Patsy did it!!!!!!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great post and all very true.

No matter what our pet theories are we need to remember to keep and open mind and listen to the other possibilities.

I have read that so many people were sick of hearing all the speculation and outlandish theories that newbies were posting. Guess what people....that's what a forum is all about....people stating their ideas and thoughts freely to each other and debating them.

This case isn't solved....it's all speculation at this point....so why do some feel so threatened by any new ideas that they need to shut others down?

Can anyone tell me why the Ramseys would not have made their "staging" more consistent?

They staged a sexual molestation in the basement but wrote a ransom note for money from a foreign faction to leave upstairs?

Would it not have made more sense to leave a note that sounded like it was from a child molester type of kidnapper? That way the crime scene and the note would jibe?

Maybe So said:
Can anyone tell me why the Ramseys would not have made their "staging" more consistent?

They staged a sexual molestation in the basement but wrote a ransom note for money from a foreign faction to leave upstairs?

Would it not have made more sense to leave a note that sounded like it was from a child molester type of kidnapper? That way the crime scene and the note would jibe?

Why would a child molester type leave a ransom note?

=SuperDave

foxbluff, pedophiles don't write notes. So, if you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
SuperDave, ANYONE who is capable of writing can write a ransom note. Whether that person is pedophile, or not, if they can write, they can write a ransom note. It's not impossible---so although I love the "if you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" quote, it completely doesn't apply to your statement.

Now, if all pedophiles could not read or write, then YES, you would be correct in stating the pedophiles don't write notes, and you could call it impossible. But that isn't the case, is it?

wenchie said:
Why would a child molester type leave a ransom note?

To sound like a foreign faction instead of a perv?

or because he was sadistic?

but the original question was why would the Ramseys stage a sexual molestation but leave a ransom note with a totally different angle to it?

They would not necessarily know that child molesters supposedly never leave notes.

They could have written something like. I have your kid, I'm gonna do bad (perverse) stuff to her unless you give me money. If you call the cops I'm gonna torture and kill you daughter....etc etc....without bringing in foreign factions and such.

Because they didn't plan it out well? I guess for the same reason that Scott Peterson said he was fishing in the bay.

I'm not into theories of elaborate themes in this case: I've always believed that Jonbenet was not previously molested, that Patsy fatally wounded her in a fit of rage (probably over bedwetting), that she staged the coverup and wrote the note, and that John figured that out within the first few hours (or minutes).

Something that really intrigues me, though, is one phrase in the ransom note: "You're not the only fat cat around, so don't think that killing will be difficult."

The sentence makes no sense, and it sounds like it contains a coded message to John as well as a threat.

Fat Cats are generally men who have both wealth and power - how would that relate to killing?

If it read....."you're not the only killer around, so don't think that killing will be difficult", it would at least makes sense.

It almost sounds like Patsy is reminding John that she knows some dirty secret about him which she will reveal if he doesn't go along with her program.

wenchie said:
Because they didn't plan it out well? I guess for the same reason that Scott Peterson said he was fishing in the bay.

I'm not into theories of elaborate themes in this case: I've always believed that Jonbenet was not previously molested, that Patsy fatally wounded her in a fit of rage (probably over bedwetting), that she staged the coverup and wrote the note, and that John figured that out within the first few hours (or minutes).

Something that really intrigues me, though, is one phrase in the ransom note: "You're not the only fat cat around, so don't think that killing will be difficult."

The sentence makes no sense, and it sounds like it contains a coded message to John as well as a threat.

Fat Cats are generally men who have both wealth and power - how would that relate to killing?

If it read....."you're not the only killer around, so don't think that killing will be difficult", it would at least makes sense.

It almost sounds like Patsy is reminding John that she knows some dirty secret about him which she will reveal if he doesn't go along with her program.

Hmmm I dunno, a three page note must have some thought behind it....yet it doesn't match the crime scene at all.

I don't think John had any dirty little secrets that Patsy would have kept for him if he killed JBR.

as for that line about fat cats I interpret it as such: Don't think we need YOUR money so badly we will keep her alive just to get it.....if you screw up we WILL kill her and target some other fat cat without any hesitation or difficulty.

Patsy was a dramatic person, and she was under stress while she was writing that note. She at knew that pedophile murderers don't leave notes, but maybe she was covering all the bases with her staging.

And I think John Ramsey perhaps had some other secret in his past, and that's what the "fat cat" sentence could have been all about.

IMO

wenchie said:
Patsy was a dramatic person, and she was under stress while she was writing that note. She at knew that pedophile murderers don't leave notes, but maybe she was covering all the bases with her staging.

And I think John Ramsey perhaps had some other secret in his past, and that's what the "fat cat" sentence could have been all about.

IMO

She knew thta pedophile murders don't leave notes? How would she know that?

Maybe So said:
She knew thta pedophile murders don't leave notes? How would she know that?

You asked me why she would leave such a weird note. I gave you my opinion on why. Most people listen to the news and read the papers, and know that pedophiles don't leave ransom notes.

She may have already staged the pedophile crime scene before she sat down to write the note, and was stuck with a conflicting scenario. It's not like it was a premeditated murder, where she had time to play out the "perfect" scenario.

She did the best that she could, under the circumstances.

wenchie said:
You asked me why she would leave such a weird note. I gave you my opinion on why. Most people listen to the news and read the papers, and know that pedophiles don't leave ransom notes.

She may have already staged the pedophile crime scene before she sat down to write the note, and was stuck with a conflicting scenario. It's not like it was a premeditated murder, where she had time to play out the "perfect" scenario.

She did the best that she could, under the circumstances.

I'm glad you gave your opinion.

But it just sticks with me....and I have to disagree...I don't think that most people know that pedophile kidnappers would never leave ransom notes.....not unless they read this forum and ones like it...which most didn't even exist before JBRs murder. I doubt Patsy would have known that and I think had she left the note herself she would have tried to make it match the crime scene in some way.

Of course I could be wrong.....as I cannot decide who I think killed JBR I can see good reasons why people see it either way.

Originally Posted by RJML
People need to look at the facts.
Ya think? Then I suggest you do that. It takes a lot of damn gall (let alone stupidity) to vilify the people here that DO know them. We already know YOU don't. In another thread here you revealed that you knew nothing at all about the Ramsey's plans to take a trip out of state in their private plane early in the morning of the 26th... and you ripped into Camper's post in that thread calling it "nonsensical" BECAUSE of your own blatantly obvious and serious lack of the FACTS you are now claiming are so important to look at.

Dude, we HAVE looked into the facts... you HAVEN'T.

'Nuff said.

The ransom note doesn't even match the ransom note.

"We respect your business but not the country it represents."

Well, duh......why are you kidnapping my daughter, then? Why not kidnap the daughter of someone who's business you DON'T respect?

The ransom note starts out political, turns financial, and then ends personal.

Juliet10 said:
I can't imagine a middle aged woman like Patsy remembering the quotes from the movies Dirty Harry, Ransom, Speed, Ruthless People involving specificly the same subject. The ransom note killer got the quotes pretty close too or changed them a little bit to their liking. She would've had to have been interested in those portions of the movie and kept them in her memory bank to use for a rainy day. I've seen those movies several times, I'm much younger than her and I wouldn't remember those quotes or had any reason for them to stand out from the dialogue in the rest of the movie. I remember quotes from movies but they are usually pretty famous quotes or from a movie I really like and seen 100 times. The quotes usually don't involve basicly the same subject either. The subject being a person making ransom demands in a note or over the phone.

Remember this crime was supposedly an accident so patsy had no time to plan those quotes in advance.
There were pages missing from the writing pad. Practice notes could have been written and discarded by Patsy. The felt pen was also hers. What pedo brings his own pen?

the funny thing is,she practiced writing it first,but it still came out rambling,jumbled,confusing,senseless,as many of you have pointed out---she should have practiced more lol

Can't we let her rest in peace? If she had murdered in daughter she would be in jail. So I think we should presume her innocent. She didn't appear smart enough to outsmart LE. Besides, she's dead. Isn't that what all you RDI's have always wanted?

julianne said:
SuperDave, ANYONE who is capable of writing can write a ransom note. Whether that person is pedophile, or not, if they can write, they can write a ransom note. It's not impossible---so although I love the "if you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" quote, it completely doesn't apply to your statement.

Now, if all pedophiles could not read or write, then YES, you would be correct in stating the pedophiles don't write notes, and you could call it impossible. But that isn't the case, is it?

Exactly julianne,

Obviously Karr is a pedophile and he wrote hundreds of pages of "notes" about his sick thoughts. IMO a sadist, BTK for example or even Jack the Ripper enjoyed writing notes and taunting authorities. Some experts claim Patsy authored the note, others didn't. If any expert at all had proven she wrote it she'd have died in prison. They couldn't.

I'm a fence sitter. Can't make up my mind and stick with it when it comes to this case. But after following this case for ten years, and following these forums for alot of that time, I can see where the RDI's are coming from.

People that have been following this case, and know the evidence, get understandably frustrated by alot of the Johnny-come-latelys and their outlandish theories. See, the devil is in the details with this case.

I don't know of anyone who wished Patsy dead. I know of plenty that really, truly believe her to be guilty of this crime, and wished her to be punished. Saying that if she were guilty, she'd have been in jail is just not true in our justice system. Often, it is those with the most money that win...

IrishMist said:
I'm a fence sitter. Can't make up my mind and stick with it when it comes to this case. But after following this case for ten years, and following these forums for alot of that time, I can see where the RDI's are coming from.

People that have been following this case, and know the evidence, get understandably frustrated by alot of the Johnny-come-latelys and their outlandish theories. See, the devil is in the details with this case.

I don't know of anyone who wished Patsy dead. I know of plenty that really, truly believe her to be guilty of this crime, and wished her to be punished. Saying that if she were guilty, she'd have been in jail is just not true in our justice system. Often, it is those with the most money that win...

Morning Mist

My point is if it was proven--beyond a reasonable doubt--that she wrote the note, she would have been arrested. For murder, for tampering with evidence, for SOMETHING. This was a brutal killing of a little girl. I realize people with money are better protected but look at Karr--broke--public defender--but he's not been railroaded for this. They took his DNA--no match--and charges not filed. No DNA match for the Ramsey's either--yet the accusations continue...

TexMex said:
They took his DNA--no match--and charges not filed. No DNA match for the Ramsey's either--yet the accusations continue...
TexMex, maybe some don't agree that the DNA can be used to exclude. Probably they have NOTHING else on the imaginator.

IrishMist said:
Thanks you for your understanding IM, you have a clear mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski
Back