Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The simple question is do you KILL her"? Smiling with hands on convicts shoulders. Seriously???

I think this is what made me most nervous...JW kept putting a personal responsibility on the individual jurors in deciding whether or not to kill her. Wish that JM would have pre-empted that by saying the harshest penalty in AZ for cruelty murder is the death penalty....

Will you be satisfied if she's out of prison in 25 years?

And the scary thing is at this point even though she's been convicted of 1st degree murder (and Jennifer wants the jury and everyone else to think that should be punishment enough for Jodi) she could STILL be released after 25 years!!! Yes that's right she could still one day be a free woman. That possibility still exists and it scares the hell out of me. I doubt the Judge would give her LWP after 25 years but it is a option.

I think Wilmott made the comment about JA "could be a defense attorney sitting beside me" as a whiny way of saying, this is all her fault. She made these choices thinking she is smart enough to do my job, and clearly, she is not.

Wilmott used emotionallly loaded words like "kill" "execution" "moral decision" "mercy". What is the value of a life?

Good luck with that.

What was the value of Travis' life?

I'm confused: If JA isn't given the Death Penalty - is the only choice Life with the chance for parole after serving 25 years? What happened to the LWOP sentence?

Thanks.

MOO

The jury can vote for "life" then the judge is the one who decides whether that will be LWOP or 25-life w/chance of parole at 25 years. The sentencing for life would take place in 30=60 days, if death, she gets sentenced and transported to her cement box today.

I think they'll take a couple of days. I have no idea what to expect.

I agree. We won't see a verdict today and I'd be surprised if there was one tomorrow.

during allocution

"As Jodi spoke to the court to try and plead her case as to why she should be given life, she spoke in a cold nonemotional, non heartfelt tone. her posture was extremely erect with her hed up. There was an air of arrogance surrounding her. Her speech pattern was mechanical and stacatto.

When Jodi gave a slide show of her happy family all together for celebratory events it completely contradicted her testimony of being an abused victim in her home. If she was so abused why would she show up for the photo shoots and be all smiles at family functions? This did not help her credibility with the jurors."

more at link: http://drlillianglassbodylanguagebl...self-absorbed-and-contradicted-her-testimony/

my sister has cancer and has lost her hair. she said she'd rather walk around bald than have JA's hair on her head!!

LOL.

I had cancer when I was ten years younger than Jodi is now and lost all my hair. It's not fun, but not a very big price to pay for surviving. The concept of giving someone a lighter sentence for this reason is ludicrous. And I'm not even in favor of the death penalty. I was actually kind of offended by that argument.

Isn't it the height of hypocrisy that they will not refer to Travis murder that Jodi killed him? It's always, "he passed away" or "he's no longer here".

But if the jury decides DP, they will be "killing" the murderer.

I'm beyond livid. I'm going to tape my hands to my azz and stay that way til the verdict come back.

What's HLN up to? Are they still hours behind? Better cut in live with verdict watch and interviews with JVM who I'm sure is VERY ready to interview some people!!!

Kept losing my feed today and had to resort to HLN...Wilmott just finished and judge is giving instructions..

Id rather a hung than a life verdict. The thought of her frolicking in the general pop teaching spanish, makes me ill.

DT's argument that Jodi's "problem" began after her mother had another child--anybody remember the Smother's Brothers? "Mom loved you more!"

I about jumped thru my roof when I heard this. "I knew it, I knew it!"
I will confess my older sister's BDP became obvious (confirmed by my older siblings) when I was born. She was only four.

No previous crimes? So smashing her brother in the head with a bat is not a crime?

And we are on verdict watch .. WHOOOT!!! Please come back today :)

Earlier in Basement I predicted tomorrow either 10am or 1pm but now leaning toward 1pm for the following reasons...

1) make CMCHJA sweat it out a bit
2) call back 3 jurors to be there
3) Just cuz they can ;)

#1 Katie & Deanna

#2 Listening to Wilmott

#3 Objection on picture of Travis (with his slit throat)

#4 Wilmott - speaking about BPD

#5 WIlmott - "do you kill her" --- me: YES!!

Attachments

• Penalty Katie and Deanna.jpg
    Penalty Katie and Deanna.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Penalty listening to Wilmott.jpg
    Penalty listening to Wilmott.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Penalty Objection on picture Juan.jpg
    Penalty Objection on picture Juan.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Penalty Wilmot speaking of PD.jpg
    Penalty Wilmot speaking of PD.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Penal question is do you kill her.jpg
    Penal question is do you kill her.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 47
Dawn Hayes ‏@MrsDawnHayes 3m

SO SO SO SO happy Juan mentioned parole in 25 yrs! Jurors didn't know that. Hope they consider that and go for death! #jodiarias

Ok, so it's 3pm in Arizona .. I hope they finish today, but I kinda doubt it.

If the courthouse was open until 6, I think there would be a chance they would finish today. But I agree it's unlikely in just an hour and a half.

:please::please::please:

Thank God! I haven't been able to get on WS all day! :sob:

Was everyone having trouble?
How long has it been back up?
It was so lonely to watch and have no discussion about it!

I saw JA allocating but couldn't watch Juan or the DT.
How was it?
I'm not asking for a blow-by-blow, just a general overall feeling of you all.

Whew, so glad to be back on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member