Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:loveyou:May I sing 'Reunited and it feels so good' at the risk of having rotten eggs thrown at me by those who are not devoted to Websleuths?
Of course you can. I have, after all, been humming a little Gloria Gaynor tune much of the evening. ;)

Shame on JW. I can not believe that she said that they should have peace enough because they already found her guilty.. IS SHE KIDDING ME???

That is only a finding of guilt, they need to see the punishment!

I agree. It was quite possibly the most disgusting thing Jennifer has said for the duration of this trial.

Oh my sweet Aunt Sally, I was in DT's for the past 6 hours...what the heck happened to our playroom!? lol...Thank God you're all back!

db claims the ja he knew was, among other admirable qualities, honest - how does one go about getting a job at a resort (ventana) without having completed high school? also, fwiw, i think db would have been a disaster for the defense had he been called on to mitigate, had he repeated to the jury what he said in his recent interview, given the defense has painted their client as broken and abused, the product of a long a history of bad relationships.

btw i find it interesting how her defense has played out: in an effort to avoid the dp ja couldn't use this opportunity to finally come clean about what really happened, even if she wanted to, couldn't recant her lies about ta, couldn't assume full responsibility for her actions and ask forgiveness - not if she is hoping for a successful appeal and a reduced sentence which, imo, is where this case now sits, it's now all about the next rounds as far ja is concerned.

Before I head off to Youtube to catch what I missed today, I had to comment on Wilmott's closing. Funny how that BPD thing was their fallback when they fell all over themselves to discredit Dr. DeMarte when she testified. Talk about whichever way the wind blows :rolleyes:.

Question- Does any feel that any juror(s) have not heeded the admonition. People (not here) are saying the jury has lied every time Judge SS asks about seeing or hearing anything in the media. Being a juror is a serious task. I don't think they would want to do anything to jeopardize this case. Thoughts?

The jury has shown its gravity and sense of duty in this case. If it were me, I could do it.

Nurmi just likes to portray everyone as a lying slacker because it suits his purposes. Please. There are tons of mature, responsible people out there who could do this, IMO.

Did anyone else catch when she said she has received "many offers" to teach others Spanish and something else (reading?)....and she hasn't done it yet because she didn't have time b/c she was busy preparing for this trial...but now after this she will have lots of time, and so yes then she'll do it.

Whaaatttt JODI?????? You mean in the FIVE YEARSSSS you've had you couldn't manage to take time to "teach someone." You were so busy PREPARING FOR 5 YEARS??? Ugh, I am so mad right now.

Jodi, WE KNOW YOU"RE GONNA BE BUSY FOR THE NEXT 20 YEARS PREPARING FOR YOUR APPEAL(s)....SO WHY DON"T YOU JUST ADMIT THAT YOU"LL NEVER EVER DO THIS "TEACHING" YOU CLAIM YOU"LL DO.

That was an outright lie. She will NEVER put others before herself. She said she couldn't teach anyone, not one single person, so far b/c she was busy preparting for her case....that just shows she puts her own needs in front of others at all times. [/B

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and yes, Wilmott, lying about killing someone is a big deal). She goes to ALV "camp" as Juan would say.

I think Jodi's whole "speech" today was just like her...and just shows how uncaring she is.

Thank God we're back up!!! Hey you all! Missed you.

I don't understand how Arias was allowed to lie about Patti KNOWING that Juan couldn't speak about that lie. That seems very unfair to me.
Out of everyone's hands now except the jurors. We must remind ourselves of the decisions the jury has made so far, and hold on to our trust in them. They will do the right thing.

Well, for the benefit of the doubt, Patti could have been harassed about her testimony on-line. In fact, I bet she was... so whatever, if JA wanted to say that I don't think it makes any difference in what the jury will do.
But how did they explain Brewer's absence? I thought they named him as one that would speak on her behalf to the jury? Or maybe I'm remembering that wrong.
All jmo...

I noticed when Juan mentioned how maniluative she is - Jodi was busy scribbling...

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 12m
One of the jurors looked at #JodiArias as they left to deliberate, others looked at the Alexander family.

Time to lay it down. Give her the DP and go home. As it should be. IMO.

Jodi's total presentation:

"I am too pretty too die young!!"

:floorlaugh: She wishes ... :floorlaugh:

:twocents: Speaking of her "presentation" today, all those BS comments by JA as to "why" her life should be saved and that she would :

- Donate her hair to -- I forgot the name of the cause ...

- Teach inmates to speak Spanish ...

- Work for Domestic Violence "victims" ...

- Blah blah blah ... blah blah blah ...

She reminded me of one those contestants in a beauty pageant, like the Ms A Pageant -- NOT someone who was trying to save her life from the Death Penalty !

I waiting for her to that she was for "world peace" ... and that she would "save the whales" ... blah blah blah ...

:waitasec: The only thing missing was a designer gown, heels, hair and make-up ... oh, and that dude that sings "here she comes ... Ms ... "

Seriously ... it was a BS performance by JA full of lies ... the only thing she has managed to do in :jail: is connive and cause trouble !

:twocents:

DT's argument that Jodi's "problem" began after her mother had another child--anybody remember the Smother's Brothers? "Mom loved you more!"
First time I heard her sister was a premie (4 weeks early even). I bet Jodi did have to take a back seat to the baby.

All I can see her doing in prison is grifting other inmates out of their commissary money.

And the scary thing is at this point even though she's been convicted of 1st degree murder (and Jennifer wants the jury and everyone else to think that should be punishment enough for Jodi) she could STILL be released after 25 years!!! Yes that's right she could still one day be a free woman. That possibility still exists and it scares the hell out of me. I doubt the Judge would give her LWP after 25 years but it is a option.

I think that applies only if the judge says 25 to life. She can say life with no parole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals