Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO
Something is up about the Mom and other direct relatives NOT testifying. There is some sort of devious plan about that. Think about it, they sit there every day and yet they are not going to say anything to save her life. I cry FOWL. Something is up and I dont know what devious plan it is, but one thing for sure.....

There is a plan and them not testifying is part of it.

There is no real reason for at least her Mother & Father to beg the jury for mercy--Juan may be able to question them, but nobody is going to begrudge a Mother begging for her child's life. I just saw one of the defendants in the heinous murder of Channon Christian and her boyfriend have his mother take the stand and say that she loved her son, and asked the jury to show mercy. That was it.

The only real reason I can think of is Jodi Ann has refused to allow her family to testify. She does run the show.

So, PPL and the Mormon church is the catalyst for Jodi's behaviour.

It must have seemed that way to him. Jodi is the kind of person who molds herself to the man in her life. When she was with him, she worked steadily because he had a work ethic. And apparently they had a good sex life. So to him, she was a steady, reliable worker who enjoyed sex.

Then she gets involved with PPL and meets Travis and then within six weeks, it's all about getting rich through multi-level marketing and moving out of their bedroom because now she's a chaste Mormon. It WAS an abrupt change. He just doesn't realize that this is what she does because there is no 'real' Jodi there. She was one way with Darryl and another when she decided she was in love with Travis.

BBM~ Love your wording. :seeya:

Oh yes! I created a fake online dating profile to get back at a man once. :blushing: Foolish, but it worked! :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: I once spent about 9 months orchestrating a reckoning .. the car total dude .. all I wanted was for him to crawl back so I could reject him, it worked, but it wasn't worth 9 months of scheming!!

Have you guys seen the statement that the Womens Shelter of Long Beach has made is regard to Arias's little T Shirt Scampaign? Here is the link to the Facebook page. Not sure if this is allowed here but if its not them just delete, I can't keep up with all the rules anymore.

https://www.facebook.com/womenshelterlb

I feel that another reason the DT keeps dragging this out is to put distance from Samantha's and Steven's victim impact statements.

I think the context of "magical thinking" is from "The Secret".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(2006_film)

There's two ways of looking at it .. it depends if he meant it psychologically or not, I tend to think he did because he is trying to say Jodi is sick and needs help. At least at the end he showed visible disgust at what she did and says she should never be let out .. and he also said it was the shock of his life .. as it would be!

I'm not sure, but Troy Hayden said today he will no longer be required to play the interviews in court:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 7h
Just heard from source Juan Martinez tried to get my #JodiArias interview played in court, but judge denied.#FOX10

I always thought it was him ..

My understanding was JM could only use that to rebut something, and looks like there won't be anything to rebut. So I don't get it.

I felt it was creepy only because he said he watched her grow & mature..
Umm.. you know it almost seems like 'key words' you've heard before.. As a matter of fact I'd almost give a lil break to CKJA for having been around him only because I see a lot of her mannerisms umm speach patterns? kind of similar the idea that these people always seem to go out in desert with gas, provisions etc idk about all that seems odd..

I live in Phoenix.. We've lived out here since 1983 my 'provisions' for driving is make sure you have bottle of water & tissues to hold steering wheel! Even camping I have NEVER taken GAS etc IDK all seems odd to me!

I am not buying what Darryl is selling. Obviously he got a talking to after he said the Jodi was headed to Meza...and I think the reason he was not pulled up today was the "remote" issue.

How many others have changed their testimony??? ALV AND Samuels....I see a pattern.

And why go public? Because Jodi wanted him to.

DB says they never talked about marriage until she went Mormon on him.

What I heard 1) loved her BUT 2) spent what spare time he had with his son and 3) JA would want a baby and he didn't want to take away THAT time from his son he already had. Left JA out in the cold. She went looking.

ETA: Just my old fashioned opinion, but don't buy a house with ______, move them in when you have a small child and expect _____ to be okay with that or your child. Take care of your child FIRST. Date on the side and IF you want to take the next step ... marry them, then move in and make a family. Told you I was old fashioned. lol. Old foggy here about kids and "others".

LOL yes, I noticed that too! She was certainly all about saving face on the stand, I don't know, I'm starting to think Jodi went into a downward spiral after Daryl dumped her (although she was probably already cheating on him at that point) .. perhaps she had a rage buildup once she tossed in Daryl and put all her eggs in the Travis basket, only to realise she wasn't going to get what she wanted there way after she dived right down into the rabbit hole chasing a man that didn't want her, and kept on diving .. exhausting her own reserves of dignity as she went .. I'm thinking back to my 20s .. I remember feeling rage after making a fool of myself for men too .. I totalled a car once in a rage. Perhaps it was just a rage killing, she'd gone completely lala over Travis, shamed herself beyond belief, and lost her damn mind.

That or she's just a "sociopath" filled with "evilness" who was "the worst thing that ever happened to" the deceased -- quoting the latter, of course.

BUT she DID have people to speak for her...therein lies the issue...WHY DIDN'T THEY SPEAK on her behalf...they had choices to do it in open court or in a sealed preceding...JM is not to blame which is one of the reasons KN gave (JM will do his job and cross examine the witnesses, its HIS JOB) the other that she was threatened (no proof of course).
I really think we need the attorneys thought on this. It is very strange indeed. I just have a hunch that the last few days of this trial have been more about the strategy for appeal. Kinda like watching an NBA playoff when my team (always the one facing off with the Lakers for some reason) would just send in the bench and hope for a better game in the next round (or that Kobe would fall off a grandstand and break a leg - ;))

There is no real reason for at least her Mother & Father to beg the jury for mercy--Juan may be able to question them, but nobody is going to begrudge a Mother begging for her child's life. I just saw one of the defendants in the heinous murder of Channon Christian and her boyfriend have his mother take the stand and say that she loved her son, and asked the jury to show mercy. That was it.

The only real reason I can think of is Jodi Ann has refused to allow her family to testify. She does run the show.

I agree and whatever plan there is, it is surely Jodi's plan. It is a stupid plan because if she is relying on "appeals", that sure is a stupid plan because this is the here + now. And here and now her stupid life is on the line.

It makes no sense just like the rest of the whole DT case.

This is true. Jodi seemed like the type who wanted to be a "stepford wife" marriage and children. But, DB wasn't prepared to do so.

Jodi got a boob job, watched The Secret, joined PPL, and met Mormons. She was on a mission.

I don't know if I believe that. It strikes me the same as her saying she didn't want to marry TA. Doesn't ring true.

That or she's just a "sociopath" filled with "evilness" who was "the worst thing that ever happened to" the deceased -- quoting the latter, of course.

Yeah, and she was just using Daryl because she needed a home and security, for all we know he may just have been a guy that presented no challenge, therefore nothing to go postal over.

DB is rewriting their history. They had drama. JA told Flores that incident of her "nervous breakdown" and it involved Brewer. She talked on the stand about his drinking. And the Ventana employee talked of her kicking a hole in a wall and how they dated while he was her boss. He's a liar too.

I do believe he was snowed by her though. She did it to Travis too.

I feel that another reason the DT keeps dragging this out is to put distance from Samantha's and Steven's victim impact statements.

That and they don't want to let go of the $2500 a day per Attorney paycheck Willmott and Nurmi are getting off of the State of Arizona Taxpayers. It's a travesty how much those attorneys have abused the taxpayers.

Do you mean the mob of media and their relentless, shameless coverage of the trial?

Or the make-believe mob of monsters who threatened the lives of potential character witnesses for the defense?

The mob that goes after witnesses we're not supposed to talk about and the mob that goes after anyone who says anything even slightly sympathetic about CAJA's family.

Too many twists and turns in this trial for me to even consider what we might expect. The sun will rise and the sun will set, but what happens in the courtroom is anyone's guess at this point.

Is it a foregone conclusion with the jury that the delays are due to defense tactics? Or is there any possible way that the prosecution could cause a delay? I ask because the jury doesn't know who, what or why but by this point in time it would only be human for them to be getting tired of this and they may have some pent up disgust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiatorres