Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> here is a podcast by Elder Jensen of the Mormon church. A lot of posters have said that JA became a Mormon so she could get close to TA..but if Elder Jensen is to be believed, it was TA who gave her a Book of Mormon and sent the Mormon missionaries her way. Who knows if JA would have known of Mormonism/Joseph Smith if TA had not sent the Mormon missionaries her way??

http://www.theculturalhallpodcast.com/2013/03/special-episode-elder-jensenjodi-arias/

I will not put down Mormonism. I think each and every religion has something of value that can be viewed in human character.

I do not, however, think it has anything to do with the case other than JA started to read about it and go to the Church so she could get TA. That's it. She set her sites and went for it gangbusters. She was bored with Daryl and son and wanted to be with TA.

Not fully caught up, so this will seem way behind and out of place.

The first few pages of the thread are about how maybe JA got worse when this older bf dumped her. Well, there may be a little something to that, but whatever form of psychosis makes someone do what she did to Travis started long before Daryl. If most likely wasn't too observable until she hit tween age. Most likely she was a very mean little child, but no one thinks much about that, they just think the child needs to learn to share or what have you. Some people are really just born with this kind of bend.

Don't put the blame on the older guy, it is all on JA. (After all, she did quit sleeping with Daryl, don't ya' know that meant she was hot for TA already!) Don't forget she was already scoping out TA. When she knew she and TA were not going to work out, she already had another (or more) in mind as her next target for wifedom. Sure the rejection does not help a vengeful personality, but it does not cause as much damage as she did to TA either. There is something much worse going on inside her that has most likely always been there and just reached the time of ripeness.

Hope that makes sense, no coffee yet.

Not convinced she ever started. DB testified on the stand that they both had their own rooms. Wouldn't surprise me to find out JA was DBs front.....

I've just watched the interview with DB and I can't help feeling that he wanted to testify for a couple of reasons.
I think he possibly feels guilt (in fact he admitted to guilt in the interview). He basically upped and left her behind and decided not to marry her or have children with her.
I've always believed that abandonment issues are involved here. Yet another man who no longer wants a life with her.
I also think he wanted to make it clear he wasn't some kind of accomplice. People in his community suspect he had something to do with it.
Though he claims to love her he did say that she should never get out of prison and be allowed to walk the streets but with the same token he thinks the real JA is still inside. I do think he is being ignorant of the fact that the goodness he talks about was merely a mask and the sociopathic tendancies were just dormant till something kicked them off.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/20/nancy-grace-jodi-arias-family-not-testifying

"If you ask for people to come forward to give a character reference for Travis Alexander, that line would wrap around the State of Arizona. Yet, in FIVE years and the millions of people on this earth they cannot come up with ONE person who can give witness to Jodi Arias character." Dave Hall, best friend of Travis Alexander

Ugh, Good Morning.

After yesterday I hope this is it today. Ridiculous.

I am inconsolable. So many innocent babies dead in OK, and the convicted murderer still holds court!

She is falsity; she is lies; she is an abomination; she is evil incarnate!

Please, God, let this be the day! Let us be done with her!!!!!

Good Morning - when I read this posted this morning it made me think what a deviant villain JA is and how the end of this trial has turned into a diversion of what is going in the real world.

JA and her DT have fought the fight, she was convicted and now the court needs to move this to final sentencing. There has to be a way of taking control of the process.

I do believe the Judge or the President Judge needs lock down the courtroom and end JA's public performance, which is what is feeding this beast. :stormingmad:

I don't know what to think of DB. But I know what I think when I hear a guy stays until the gal quits paying the bills.:fence:

Your signature, Dani, "Famous last words: 'Mark my words, no jury will ever convict me'" remind me that Jodi said she got this saying from a movie. Does anyone know which movie that might be? I tried googling it, but, because that phrase is connected with this trial, it's everywhere, but only as it relates to JA!

TIA for any insight. :seeya:

Just watched Dr Drew and was dismayed to hear that Janine Driver has been intimidated by at least 2 people. In fact, one posted her office address on a website. I think there are fanatics on each side and it scares me that a verdict could at some point be overturned because of this. It also makes me fearful that trials may lose the ability to be televised at some point due to such craziness. I hope that things are wrapped up today and that the Alexander family may begin the grieving process so long delayed by the distractions brought on by this incredibly lengthy litigation (which I concede is an important process in the aspect of healthy grieving, but can also delay the grief process; the family has placed their lives on hold and they are in a suspended state-MOO).

Good morning.

What have I missed? Son was sick again so I was busy with that. Court better not be cancelled again today

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

What will happen today? Will we finally move on or will JA aka Cray Cray run the show again. Poor lass isn't going to know what to do when all this attention goes away. I have so much respect for this jury having to put up with this drama. If I were sitting on the jury I'd give her death just for making me sit through this for 5 months (joking).

WOW, is anyone else having problems with this site or just me? Maybe my computer?! Things are still on josie1986.

Why is the website having Database Error Message coming up everytime I try to post? What's going on?

I have a feeling JA will get up and wax poetic about her hopes and dreams. Or at least what she thinks people want to hear. I am afraid she may borrow some of the words that Travis' brother and sister said. I hope not, but it seems JA is aware that she does not respond as other human beings do. I think she may even cry, she may laugh, and just try to give the appearance of a little girl that wanted to get married, have babies and white picket fence.

Good morning everyone!

I can't believe we're finally here. I know we've been saying this for days but I think the jury will begin deliberations today. JVM's coffin illustration was revealing. JA will essentially live in a big coffin for the rest of her life. I don't care what she asks for today. I hope this jury follows the law and sentences her to death. The end.

I got home from work fairly late last night. It was incredibly busy at work and I was out of contact with the outside world. I briefly heard about OK and that was it.

I came home to catch up with the trial and found out about the horrors in OK and watched CNN. I watched DB's interview and went to bed, sick to my stomach.

Needless to say, I barely slept.

What gives this murderer any more rights than anyone else? She herself created the media circus with all of her interviews, her lies and all of her crazy sex talk. She chose to go down roads that no one else would. Her attorney's followed in suit. She chose her character witnesses knowing full well what they were hiding. Her witnesses joined that media circus by giving paid interviews on National Television, knowing that they would be called at this phase. It was all at her hand. How dare KN try to twist this. They did this, no one else. They could have called her family but no. I am sure they could have found a much better witness like her HS art teacher for example. It almost seems to me, that they dug to the bottom of the barrel to purposely cause a mistrial.

We have children and adults in OK that did not stand a chance and it put's this bizarre trial in perspective, doesn't it.

Sorry for the rant.

MY PREDICTION FOR TODAY:

Jodi will speak, but only to ask for the death penalty (rehash post convict interview). Her strategy will be that the jury will follow her request, imposing death.

Jodi will then immediately waive all rights to any appeals and request execution in timely manner.

To her, this will be her WIN. She doesn't want to endure a life behind bars, has expressed an interest in suicide in the past, but was to "afraid" to carry it out "cause it stung"....much easier for state to put needle in arm and just lay there drugged up.

Timothy McVeigh (OK bombing) did same thing and was executed within 6 months if memory serves me correctly.

All the ploys and tricks the Defense and CMJA are pulling lately, CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT THEY HAVE PUT THE FAMILY THROUGH IN THE LAST 5 YEARS! This is just a microcosm of what I imagine they have been put through by these people. I for one couldn't take it, the Alexanders are much better people than me!

Do believe JA, if she speaks, will say she didn't get a fair trial. She will repeatedly blame the prosecutor, she will blame the judge, the TV camera's, she will express discontent with her lawyers.

She will claim TA abused her, reinvent her claims of all the bad things about TA and how no one knew him etc.

She will tell the jury that they didn't get a chance to hear her 'truths' and she will pray for them. She will ask for a new trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela