Penalty Phase #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Criticizing the media for conducting interviews.
They are doing their job when they conduct an interview, whether we like the person they are interviewing or not. And yes, their job is to increase viewers. ABC, NBC, HLN - these are businesses, not public service entities. If they did not think anyone wanted to watch a specific person being interviewed, they would not bother to do an interview.

For the most part, I have appreciated the media coverage of this case. And the Casey Anthony case, even though I didn't like the way it turned out.

I guess the way I look at it is that if the newspaper or the TV network does not do these interviews, then they won't even be around in the future. (Like the late Court TV, which I still miss so much!) So I just try to keep it all into perspective.

Keeping in mind the ridiculous claims of domestic abuse and pedophilia the murderer and her witnesses have spewed ad nauseum, I wouldn't have expected anything different than what the convicted murderess puked out today. I doubt there were many people who thought for one minute that she was going to be truthful, claim full responsibility, and show some inkling of remorse. Mr. Martinez went through her inane "mitigating factors" one by one and showed the jury exactly how none of them applied to this case. He also made the most important point that if the jurors follow the instructions the only true verdict is the death penalty.

I'm still trying to figure out how she donated 30 inches of hair in 5 years, and never had short hair. She must've put Miracle Gro on her scalp, or something.

LOL. She should just shut up and become a Chia pet.

Dr. Drew: "As a human being, I have compassion for her." Tell you what, Dr. D.......I am a human being last time I checked and I have absolutely NO compassion for this cold-blooded killer who shows not an ounce of remorse for what she did! Are you looking for an interview, Dr. D.????

It's a good way to make your ratings drop further than an abyss.

Here in Australia, we were informed that Personality Disordered people are more dangerous than those diagnosed with organic Mental Illness [per DSMIV or DSMV]. Organic MI responds to management with brief hospitalisations and medication; they are followed up with case management and their families have family support. There is no such facility for people diagnosed with Personality Disorders IMO.

Way O/T- This reminds me of an old episode of "Still Standing".
The youngest kid, Tina, kept drawing pictures of people with no hands. Her over-analyizing Aunt decides she is troubled. She deduced that because she did not put hands on people she felt she had no control of her life. She bothers the kid all episode trying to figure out why she feels helpless (subtly).
Finally she says "If everything is fine why do you keep drawing pics of people with no hands?" The kid says "I just can't draw hands".

So does CMJA draw such good hands because she feels she HAS control?
One to ponder :fence:

That's an interesting theory. Flat affects when drawing faces because she doesn't understand human emotions, and detailed hands because she's a control freak. Hmmmm.

There is a reason prison inmates commonly do not donate organs...no one wants them, so why would a convicted, brutal murderer's hair be any different?

Her entire thing today was obscenely mocking to the Alexander family. She tried to make Travis into the pedophile and woman beater again, from the moment she began until the moment she ended. She tried to be like Steven and Samantha bringing up charity work, and holidays and Grandmother. It was just so blatant. Contrived. Insincere, bull. To say the jury would likely be offended by it, is being overly generous in my characterization. They are coming back tomorrow to announce DEATH. Know that, they will not let Travis' siblings down for this girl's obvious, overt manipulations. Not after that throat slashed photo Juan popped up. Ut uh.

:rocker: Great post!

BBM~ - FOX

Re: Criticizing the media for conducting interviews.
They are doing their job when they conduct an interview, whether we like the person they are interviewing or not. And yes, their job is to increase viewers. ABC, NBC, HLN - these are businesses, not public service entities. If they did not think anyone wanted to watch a specific person being interviewed, they would not bother to do an interview.

For the most part, I have appreciated the media coverage of this case. And the Casey Anthony case, even though I didn't like the way it turned out.

I guess the way I look at it is that if the newspaper or the TV network does not do these interviews, then they won't even be around in the future. (Like the late Court TV, which I still miss so much!) So I just try to keep it all into perspective.

If she drew those freehand, not tracing, I would say she's pretty good! I went to an art university (amongst other further education) and I think her art is ok. So e of it looks ver traced. But not all of it.
And I don't care! She murdered him unsatiably!

I agree! There are plenty other artists in the world I really don't think we'd miss seeing hers. She can draw all she wants and hang them in her isolation cell once she gets the DP.

What a day...
I couldn't get on WS... got an error message.... PANIC!!!
With the delays I saw Jodi speak but I couldn't see JM or Willmott.
But today I realized life is not all about Jodi...
My son, lil Bri (LB) had a middle school baseball game at 3:30.
I arrived at the field and found out he was the starting pitcher.
A nice surprise that made me happy.
He was 2 outs away from a no hitter....when a player hit the ball to center field.
The outfielder didn't catch it.
My son struck out the last two batters.
We won 8-0
LB had 13 strike outs total.
When we got home, LB told me he didn't blame the kid for not catching the ball...
but that "It wasn't my time".
He told me if anyone tomorrow rags on the kid who didn't catch the ball,
he will stick up for him.

Yes...
Life is not all about Jodi...

You have a very special boy and he's got a great mom!

I'm surprised Jodi didn't pass out a survivor t shirt to everyone on the jury.

Along with cupcakes and pencils with her name on them...:floorlaugh:

Didn't anybody else feeel like she was running for class president, or at least giving a half as attempt for college admissions...

Oh no did Beth get a sip of the jodi juice!!!

If Beth said she thinks Arais may have done enough to spare her life, that's likely as objective an analysis as she's capable. I think Beth takes her role as a journalist more seriously than most on HLN. On that note, personally favoring life in prison over death for Arias isn't akin to drinking the kool-aid.

What a day...
I couldn't get on WS... got an error message.... PANIC!!!
With the delays I saw Jodi speak but I couldn't see JM or Willmott.
But today I realized life is not all about Jodi...
My son, lil Bri (LB) had a middle school baseball game at 3:30.
I arrived at the field and found out he was the starting pitcher.
A nice surprise that made me happy.
He was 2 outs away from a no hitter....when a player hit the ball to center field.
The outfielder didn't catch it.
My son struck out the last two batters.
We won 8-0
LB had 13 strike outs total.
When we got home, LB told me he didn't blame the kid for not catching the ball...
but that "It wasn't my time".
He told me if anyone tomorrow rags on the kid who didn't catch the ball,
he will stick up for him.

Yes...
Life is not all about Jodi...

:cheers: LB :cheers:

Ok. I am medically trained yet know very little about psych. I have read all the posts discussing BPD and Axis II etc. What I epically failed to understand is that personality disorders such as BPD are not treatable. No cure. They get worse. OMG. I am so embarrassed. So CMJA is a WYSIWYG. Nothing redeemable. I pray that the jury will give her the only just verdict.

If she drew those freehand, not tracing, I would say she's pretty good! I went to an art university (amongst other further education) and I think her art is ok. So e of it looks ver traced. But not all of it.
And I don't care! She murdered him unsatiably!

I have more artistic ability than Jodi. I could free hand copy better than her at age 11. I have some talent, I dabble, I am NO artist. If in the mood I create, i never copy anymore and haven't since I was a young teen.

I have a great camera and have thousands of photographs... Many are very good. I credit the subject and the auto focus on my Nikon;) I'm no photographer..

Jodis an ex-waitress, psychopath and murderer... That grows hair.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads