DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Weston forum

Missing couple Jeffrey and Jeanette Navin are being evicted
October 12, 2015 • By Patricia Gay
Jeffrey and Jeanette Navin

Eviction proceedings have been filed in court against Easton couple Jeffrey and Jeanette Navin, who have been missing for 10 weeks.

An eviction notice citing non-payment of rent was filed against the Navins in Bridgeport Superior Court on Oct. 8 by Rob Hennessey and Patrice Barrett.

(modsnip)

http://www.thewestonforum.com/54722/missing-couple-jeffrey-and-jeanette-navin-are-being-evicted/

Weston forum

Missing couple Jeffrey and Jeanette Navin are being evicted
October 12, 2015 • By Patricia Gay

Eviction proceedings have been filed in court against Easton couple Jeffrey and Jeanette Navin, who have been missing for 10 weeks.

An eviction notice citing non-payment of rent was filed against the Navins in Bridgeport Superior Court on Oct. 8 by Rob Hennessey and Patrice Barrett.

(modsnip)

http://www.thewestonforum.com/54722/missing-couple-jeffrey-and-jeanette-navin-are-being-evicted/
So, they sold the house they lived in for 20 years in June for 900k and moved to an apartment, only to go missing right after.... too hinky! What happened to the 900k they made from the house?

I'm subscribing to this thread. I've been following this case for awhile now myself. I until recently lived in Norwalk which is right next to Westport. I am very familiar with the area, and the Merritt Parkway (take it every day to work). To me, it most certainly looks like KN did it, especially with no activity happening in J&J's bank accounts since their disappearance. When will they be releasing ballistic info and forensics from the car? It should be soon now, no?

Patch.com

Hmmm

The Courant reports the credit union is suing Kyle Navin for more than $5,000 in unpaid loans and (his parents) credit card debt. Since their disappearance.

.... according to the Hartford Courant.

Patch.com

Hmmm

The Courant reports the credit union is suing Kyle Navin for more than $5,000 in unpaid loans and (his parents) credit card debt. Since their disappearance.

If he's sitting in jail, they will never see a penny of it. It is probably a coincidence that they are suing him at this point, he probably had that debt for awhile I'm sure.

What's going on with his girlfriend now? I wonder if she is still living at the Bport house.

And yes, as a CT resident for 13 plus years now, I can feel very qualified to say that Bridgeport is unfortunately often referred to as the "armpit of CT". I believe it is either the biggest or second biggest city in CT, but the crime is out of control and I would never consider living there. It's sad really. We like going to the Trumbull mall which is right on the outskirts of Bridgeport since they've re-done it and I've still heard some scary stories about it. My friend's brother recently has his wallet stolen from him right at the cash register area at that Target in full view of customers and employees.

I can vouch that Westport, Easton and Weston are very well to do, beautiful communities. Fairfield County in general is one of the most expensive areas to live in the country. Also, closer to the Merritt Parkway, the more expensive everything gets. In general, the closer to I-95, (unless you count Belle Haven in Greenwich), the less expensive the housing gets (but it is still VERY expensive here). Isn't it sad that I don't even blink at $900,000 for a house? We have the richest of the rich, but there is quite a bit of poor people too and a LOT of drug activity. Even Norwalk is becoming a bit scary (not why we moved out though).

Patch.com

Hmmm

I can't pull up the Hartford Courant link unless I pay. And I have seen articles from other sources with the title KN is being sued over parents debt. But I doubt the accuracy because he can't be sued over someone else's debt ( unless spouses). For example, I can't be sued over my mom or dad's or brothers debt ( thank goodness).
I did look up his civil case, he is being sued by the credit union on two counts. One, unpaid balance on his loan, and two, unpaid balance on his credit card. Nothing to do with his parents debt. Not sure why the articles say it that way?
Anyway......wonder when something will be unsealed. Or if a charge is coming....

Just another thing been bothering me. KN parents went missing on the 4th, both phones pinged the last time, at different times near KN home in Bridgeport . Ummm, so I am thinking something may have happened in KN home. And in the am and early afternoon, because KN is then seen driving dad's truck back to Easton around 3:30 pm.
So, why , if he had to "clean up", why go to the shooting range the next day, and wait till after 8:30 to go to the home Depot to get his suspicious purchase. Wouldn't that " clean up", been a priority on the 4th? I dunno, is it odd to wait....just wondering here.

I can't pull up the Hartford Courant link unless I pay. And I have seen articles from other sources with the title KN is being sued over parents debt. But I doubt the accuracy because he can't be sued over someone else's debt ( unless spouses). For example, I can't be sued over my mom or dad's or brothers debt ( thank goodness).
I did look up his civil case, he is being sued by the credit union on two counts. One, unpaid balance on his loan, and two, unpaid balance on his credit card. Nothing to do with his parents debt. Not sure why the articles say it that way?
Anyway......wonder when something will be unsealed. Or if a charge is coming....

No. The article says it is his debt.

"The lawsuit filed on behalf of the Tri-Town Teachers Federal Credit Union claims that Kyle Navin took out a $7,500 loan in May of 2013 and still owes about $1,400 on that loan. The suit also seeks payment of unpaid Visa bills totaling $3,960, records show."
http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-missing-easton-couple-son-debt-20151012-story.html

I can vouch that Westport, Easton and Weston are very well to do, beautiful communities. Fairfield County in general is one of the most expensive areas to live in the country. Also, closer to the Merritt Parkway, the more expensive everything gets. In general, the closer to I-95, (unless you count Belle Haven in Greenwich), the less expensive the housing gets (but it is still VERY expensive here). Isn't it sad that I don't even blink at $900,000 for a house? We have the richest of the rich, but there is quite a bit of poor people too and a LOT of drug activity. Even Norwalk is becoming a bit scary (not why we moved out though).

I grew up just over the border in northern Westchester county and then lived in New Haven for a number of years in the early 2000s. It's pretty funny to hear about Norwalk "becoming a bit scary," because Norwalk and Stamford (except for Shippan and Rowaytan) used to be little safer than Bridgeport and had improved a lot in the 80s-90s. When I got back to CT, I was pretty amazed that people spoke of Norwalk in the same sentence with Darien and other towns. At one point, my dad moved his company's offices to Rowaytan (having worked in the western part of Greenwich near the IBM campus in Armonk) and everyone thought he was insane. I'm sorry to see that that hasn't happened to Bridgeport. It's a town that could have a lot of things going for it, including an interesting waterfront.

Sorry for the OT history recital, but I do think it's odd that the son of a family like the Navins with deep roots in Fairfield county would buy a house in Bridgeport. I have to wonder why he wanted to move there and think it's pretty likely that he got some of the money for the downpayment from his parents. No doubt there are pockets that are nice -- like New Haven had all along before people started discovering it -- but usually when a city has nice stable pockets, those areas are filled with city natives who've been there a long time (like New Haven's Wooster Square, which has gorgeous brownstones and a close-knit community of people who have lived there for generations). I haven't looked up his property records, but I wonder how long he has lived there and if he moved there for easy access to heroin? Doesn't seem like you would have to live in Bport just to get drugs there, though.

Sorry for the OT history recital, but I do think it's odd that the son of a family like the Navins with deep roots in Fairfield county would buy a house in Bridgeport. I have to wonder why he wanted to move there and think it's pretty likely that he got some of the money for the downpayment from his parents. No doubt there are pockets that are nice -- like New Haven had all along before people started discovering it -- but usually when a city has nice stable pockets, those areas are filled with city natives who've been there a long time (like New Haven's Wooster Square, which has gorgeous brownstones and a close-knit community of people who have lived there for generations). I haven't looked up his property records, but I wonder how long he has lived there and if he moved there for easy access to heroin? Doesn't seem like you would have to live in Bport just to get drugs there, though.

RSBM

Maybe the gf is from Bridgeport or lived in Bridgeport.

RSBM

Maybe the gf is from Bridgeport or lived in Bridgeport.

There is a person and family with the same name as the GF in Westport.

It's really hard for me to picture anyone KNs age even buying a big house like that one - anywhere - and in b port. Which is why I think he bought it. It was probably a good deal. Starter home. Real estate is very expensive in Fairfield county. I'm sure they were just still thinking the way they used to, attempting investing in real estate.

Im sure you're right he probably did have friends in b port. I doubt anyone he grew up has moved back to the area and into their own homes in Westport or Weston or even Norwalk. I don't know one person. Seems he was pretty settled and thriving to anyone from the outside. To own a house at all.

Everyone I have ever asked has *said* they don't have a gun in the house. Who knows if they're being truthful, but I just go with my gut.

Phone records -- has anyone determined whether Kyle tried calling his parents on the afternoon of the 4th, or on the 5th or 6th? You'd think he would have tried one of them at some point ... If he had called them it wouldn't necessarily prove anything (because maybe he was lucid enough to realize he should make it look like he didn't know anything was amiss) but if he *didn't* call them, whether as a son or as an employee, that's fishy.

I live in Texas. I think everyone has a gun or 2 or 8. I have never even thought to ask. I'm more concerned about sex offenders, drugs, and heavy drinkers. Honestly, my kids don't really go anywhere without me or their father :0/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATS2+3
Back