GUILTY (PLED) CT - Jeffrey, 56, & Jeanette Navin, 55, Easton, 4 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.eastoncourier.com/2015/1...avin-case-unlike-anything-he-has-seen-before/

Weston police chief says Navin case unlike anything he has ever seen before

Snip

Since Kyle grew up in Weston, maybe he saw this abandoned house as a quick place to make a drop,” the chief said.

He noted that the house is out in the open on Norfield Road, a main artery people use every day. “It’s just 500 feet from the police department, town hall, the library, Norfield Church, St. Francis Church, and Weston Center. It brings the world to our doorstep, something we’ve never had to experience before,” he said.

In Weston, he said, the worst crime scenes police come across have been car crashes and suicides. “Murders and major crimes are not something you expect to happen in Weston,” he said.

The chief grew up in Weston and said as far back as he can remember, Weston was always an “oasis” from major crime, insulated from it.

However, in the past five years, he said, he noticed something has changed in the culture of the country that has filtered over into Weston, and Weston is no longer an oasis.

“The Navin case is a tragedy on so many different levels. Kyle Navin pretty much had everything he needed growing up. He went to a good school. He had every advantage that could be given as a kid. It’s a tragedy he turned out to be the person he is now. He hasn’t been convicted yet, but everything points out that this happened to the couple because of him and his girlfriend. If the evidence rings true and there is a court trial, I believe he will be found guilty,” the chief said.

The chief was familiar with reports that Kyle Navin may have been abused by his father. “No family is perfect, everyone is flawed in some way, but it doesn’t give anyone the right to inflict a death sentence on someone,” he said.

Snip

The chief was one of the first responders to the house at 89 Norfield Road on Oct. 29, when the call was made by the homeowner that he had found what might be human remains.

He saw some of the remains that were uncovered. He said they were skeletal remains, complete bodies that were not dismembered. He said there was also clothing.

HAN Network @HANNetworkCT

Our @PatriciaGay of @westonforum will be on @NancyGraceHLN at 3:40 to talk about the Navins, the murdered #Connecticut couple & arrested son

HAN Network @HANNetworkCT

Our @PatriciaGay of @westonforum will be on @NancyGraceHLN at 3:40 to talk about the Navins, the murdered #Connecticut couple & arrested son

Did anyone recap the NG interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shotgun, hmmm. I wonder what body of water it is in now? Or was he as careless with the murder weapon as he was in "advertising" his plans and leaving the bodies where they could easily be found. Smart guy, huh?

It's fortunate that the bones were able to tell the tale -- after nearly 3 months, there probably wasn't much tissue left for the ME to examine.

Shotgun, hmmm. I wonder what body of water it is in now? Or was he as careless with the murder weapon as he was in "advertising" his plans and leaving the bodies where they could easily be found. Smart guy, huh?

It's fortunate that the bones were able to tell the tale -- after nearly 3 months, there probably wasn't much tissue left for the ME to examine.

Where do you see shotgun?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where do you see shotgun?

My dyslexia told me "shotgun" when I really saw gun shot. Many thanks for noticing, and Sleuthers, please forgive my bad mistake. Mea culpa. I need to slow down a bit & read it twice. :(

My dyslexia told me "shotgun" when I really saw gun shot. Many thanks for noticing, and Sleuthers, please forgive my bad mistake. Mea culpa. I need to slow down a bit & read it twice. :(

Haha. I just figured it was said in the video. I never watch news videos.

No problem. I was just trying to figure out how he fired a shotgun multiple times in a little pickup truck.

So, they died of gun shot wounds. Why did he stab them and leave whatever he stabbed them with in their bodies? It sound like he must have stabbed them after they were already dead, given there was a bullet hole in the vehicle. That's really odd.

The fantasy life that he was willing to murder to achieve was weirdly modest... a great new truck he could use to haul garbage that would fit his girlfriend and dogs so they could come along, a remodel of his starter home in Bridgeport, vacations, and no hanging out with "bad people". Sort of touching, if you subtract out the murdering of his parents part.

That one made me do a slight chuckle -- am I perverse?

No problem. I was just trying to figure out how he fired a shotgun multiple times in a little pickup truck.

I was actually wondering how he shot his mother in the chest from the driver's side in a truck that size...but I guess he could have opened the passenger door and shot her...

So, they died of gun shot wounds. Why did he stab them and leave whatever he stabbed them with in their bodies? It sound like he must have stabbed them after they were already dead, given there was a bullet hole in the vehicle. That's really odd.

I didn't see anything about stab wounds. Where did you read that?

Hello all. Haven't been on here since... Jodi. I've lived in Fairfield County the majority of my life, and am familiar with the Weston, Westport and Easton areas as well as Bridgeport. Still reside in Ct. although in a different county.
After having read all 3 warrant affidavits in this case (K-guns, JV and K murder) along with the many informative posts on this thread... One question is by far outstanding and left unanswered.
Given the facts based on evidence discovered by LE, the puzzle pieces for J & J's murders are blatantly apparent. However, the question is... WHO, HOW, via WHAT, and most curiously...WHEN did K and or K+ move each body to the location where their remains were discovered at 89 Norfield Rd, Weston? I made my own timeline based on affidavits, cell pings, videos, LE comments, etc.. Based on this info i see that between 10:20 AM and1:19PM, K's cell registers: Bridgeport-Westport-Easton-Westport-Easton-Bridgeport.
Could K have turned off his phone while transporting J & J to Norfield Rd? Were the bodies moved there on Aug 4th or on August 5th? We know that on Aug 21st, detectives interviewed JV and asked her about an 18 minute call with K at 11:17am on Aug 4th: She related to LE that K told her in that conversation "he was going to finish his route early, then stop at a few customers homes, mainly in Westport and WESTON area to check on a few things". Hmmmm. She also mentioned "he was going to meet up with his father somewhere along the route in Westport to discuss a... clean up". Hmmmm. K also called her at 1:00pm. Detectives also asked JV in this interview if K ever shut off his phone. She said "occasionally out of respect if in a Dr,s office or a meeting with a client". When asked if he turned it off on Aug 4th, JV stated she "did not remember". I'm thinking K moved J & J's bodies to Norfield on the 4th (hence detective asking if K turned phone off that day and I seriously doubt JV would comfortably sleep in that house knowing there is 1 possibly 2 dead people in it...)
I really am hoping JV cracks under pressure (effects of detoxing might help with this) and spills the beans on what she knows along with her role in this case.
Also.... Here is some interresting JV history: http://westport.dailyvoice.com/news/westport-man-charged-in-domestic-dispute/415521/
Apparently JV is married and left hubby for K shortly after the time of this incident in Feb 2011. Apparently JV's hubby was not so nice, at least on this date. I find no record of legal separation or divorce in the Ct Judicial System Civil/Family case look up.
Thoughts on all the above will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I didn't see anything about stab wounds. Where did you read that?

I can't find the original articles. Originally it said that the mother had been stabbed with something in the chest and the dad in the pelvic area with a projectile. It now says it was a bullet in the mom's chest, but, the the projectile in the dad's pelvic area is still mentioned.

"Jeanette Navin's remains were X-rayed, revealing an object "consistent with a bullet in the chest region," the warrant said. A projectile, investigators said in the warrant, was recovered from the pelvic area of Jeffery Navin's remains."
http://www.courant.com/community/ea...ouple-navins-remains-1031-20151030-story.html

Hello all. Haven't been on here since... Jodi. I've lived in Fairfield County the majority of my life, and am familiar with the Weston, Westport and Easton areas as well as Bridgeport. Still reside in Ct. although in a different county.
After having read all 3 warrant affidavits in this case (K-guns, JV and K murder) along with the many informative posts on this thread... One question is by far outstanding and left unanswered.
Given the facts based on evidence discovered by LE, the puzzle pieces for J & J's murders are blatantly apparent. However, the question is... WHO, HOW, via WHAT, and most curiously...WHEN did K and or K+ move each body to the location where their remains were discovered at 89 Norfield Rd, Weston? I made my own timeline based on affidavits, cell pings, videos, LE comments, etc.. Based on this info i see that between 10:20 AM and1:19PM, K's cell registers: Bridgeport-Westport-Easton-Westport-Easton-Bridgeport.
Could K have turned off his phone while transporting J & J to Norfield Rd? Were the bodies moved there on Aug 4th or on August 5th? We know that on Aug 21st, detectives interviewed JV and asked her about an 18 minute call with K at 11:17am on Aug 4th: She related to LE that K told her in that conversation "he was going to finish his route early, then stop at a few customers homes, mainly in Westport and WESTON area to check on a few things". Hmmmm. She also mentioned "he was going to meet up with his father somewhere along the route in Westport to discuss a... clean up". Hmmmm. K also called her at 1:00pm. Detectives also asked JV in this interview if K ever shut off his phone. She said "occasionally out of respect if in a Dr,s office or a meeting with a client". When asked if he turned it off on Aug 4th, JV stated she "did not remember". I'm thinking K moved J & J's bodies to Norfield on the 4th (hence detective asking if K turned phone off that day and I seriously doubt JV would comfortably sleep in that house knowing there is 1 possibly 2 dead people in it...)
I really am hoping JV cracks under pressure (effects of detoxing might help with this) and spills the beans on what she knows along with her role in this case.
Also.... Here is some interresting JV history: http://westport.dailyvoice.com/news/westport-man-charged-in-domestic-dispute/415521/
Apparently JV is married and left hubby for K shortly after the time of this incident in Feb 2011. Apparently JV's hubby was not so nice, at least on this date. I find no record of legal separation or divorce in the Ct Judicial System Civil/Family case look up.

Are you sure that's not her parents? I didn't see her name mentioned and that man is 26 years older. It happens, but, my 1st guess seeing a man who's now 57 and her only 31 is that that's her dad.

snipped by me.

From what I could find, BV's wife is A, and BV is not JV's husband but her father. Having trouble linking the news article that mentioned wife's name, and another that listed them as a family unit. Sorry about that, perhaps another poster here can vouch for the info.

I can't find the original articles. Originally it said that the mother had been stabbed with something in the chest and the dad in the pelvic area with a projectile. It now says it was a bullet in the mom's chest, but, the the projectile in the dad's pelvic area is still mentioned.

"Jeanette Navin's remains were X-rayed, revealing an object "consistent with a bullet in the chest region," the warrant said. A projectile, investigators said in the warrant, was recovered from the pelvic area of Jeffery Navin's remains."
http://www.courant.com/community/ea...ouple-navins-remains-1031-20151030-story.html

A "projectile" is a bullet. Or rather, a bullet is one type of projectile.

snipped by me.

From what I could find, BV's wife is A, and BV is not JV's husband but her father. Having trouble linking the news article that mentioned wife's name, and another that listed them as a family unit. Sorry about that, perhaps another poster here can vouch for the info.

OK... A little confusing. But this is definitely not JV's husband.
IMO This is her uncle. Unless, her father goes by different first names.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back