Police say parents are not answering vital questions #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the parents are not directly responsible, then one or both are involved and have guilty knowledge, imo.

I have read every post about how they talked to LE for 4 days (until the gaps and inconsistencies arose and couldn't be filled, imo), about how we all have a 5th amendment right not to incriminate ourselves (they are being asked for vital details about the home and people coming/going, if that's incriminating, points to guilt imo), about how LE should have been kinder to Debbi when LE was checking their statements and the gaps (which are "holes" btw) started appearing, and Debbi herself admitted that she couldn't fill them in... At that point, LE should have come down hard on her, imo. They were racing against the clock to find a live baby, no time for pussyfooting. Parents who put their child first would understand that, imo.

I've seen LE, the lawyers and the media blamed for the parents lack of cooperation. Imo, whether to cooperate or not in the search for their missing 1 year old is solely the decision of the parents, regardless of who is advising them one way or the other. These parents choose not to cooperate even though they have lawyers who will not let them be led into any false confessions,true confessions, etc... I've read that these two parents are naive, though I haven't seen anything to suggest such. They both have faced challenges in life, been in long term relationships, owned or taken care of a home, worked, socialized, raised children, gone to court...

I have considered everything and truly wanted to believe that the parents aren't involved. But, they are involved, imo. No way around it in my mind, if I look at it objectively. It simply doesn't make sense that they won't answer questions alone or separately with their very capable lawyers in tow. It doesn't make sense to give them credit for cooperating for 4 days when the baby has been missing for months and the investigation appears stalled by lack of information that the mother may be able to provide. It doesn't make sense to excuse the mother because she was drinking or drunk or blacked out when it's a fact that people do things under those conditions every single day that are terrible and inexplicable (and many times hidden from others).

Imo, the only reasonable explanation the parents continue to refuse to answer vital questions for LE is because they have things to hide in regards to Lisa's disappearance. I suspect Debbi is very directly involved and Jeremy may have become involved after-the-fact. Either way, they do not want to answer questions for the people investigating their daughter's disappearance. There is a reason and it's not innocence and fear of being treated badly - that makes no sense considering their legal representation and the sacrifices an innocent parent would make for their helpless baby. ALL JMO.

Heard Rod Stewart gravel out this song yesterday (sigh) and it reminded me of the JI/DB stance:

"If I listened long enough to you
I’d find a way to believe that it’s all true
Knowing that you lied straight-faced while I cried
Still I look to find a reason to believe. . ."

When a tragedy requires too many explanations to make it believable then it becomes suspicious, no matter how much one wants to believe.

Ashley probably doesn't like the way the parents are handling this because it makes them look guilty.Must be frustrating.
There's a reason the parents are doing what the lawyers say is best for THEM,instead of what is best for THEIR baby and the family knows it.

I went to the Justice For Lisa Irwin FB page and I could not find anything in the near past from Ashley Irwin. In fact, the last entry was from the beginning of December. Is there a link? Thanks!

I went to the Justice For Lisa Irwin FB page and I could not find anything in the near past from Ashley Irwin. In fact, the last entry was from the beginning of December. Is there a link? Thanks!

It's gone now. things on that webpage go *poof* often. there is a followup post by Ashley on Dec.31st, but the Q and A thread is gone. I would link you to the Dec.31st post, but I don't think we are allowed to link FB pages. i have screenshots, not allowed to post those either :( sorry

I would crawl through hell, fire and brimestone to get my baby back. I would not care who insulted me, who didn't believe me, etc. The laws have to be changed when it comes to babies and little children. I am so upset about how this is going down.

Just stopping by to let Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin know I haven't forgotten about Lisa. I'll be around watching and waiting until the day she's found, and then some.

Has the local media completely went dark on this story? I would think by now the parents would be out and about and something could be gleaned from their behavior now that it's been 3+ months. Are people still doing vigils? Is the sign still posted at the house to call in tips? Are volunteer searches going on?

You just don't hear about anything anymore, as if it never happened.

I have gathered a lot of opinion to Debbie and Jeremy's behavior, and it's not good.
I have to believe this is what they wanted...the world to forget that Baby Lisa ever existed. How sad for Lisa, the two boys and numerous other family members that most likely do care about Lisa.

MOO

Has the local media completely went dark on this story? I would think by now the parents would be out and about and something could be gleaned from their behavior now that it's been 3+ months. Are people still doing vigils? Is the sign still posted at the house to call in tips? Are volunteer searches going on?

You just don't hear about anything anymore, as if it never happened.

No matter how much the parents don't like LE or whatever the problem is, this is not the right way to go about finding out what happened to Lisa, as far as I can tell. But I seriously doubt that LE has lost interest, even if the media has moved on.

No matter how much the parents don't like LE or whatever the problem is, this is not the right way to go about finding out what happened to Lisa, as far as I can tell. But I seriously doubt that LE has lost interest, even if the media has moved on.

Some of the national media may have moved on (I doubt Jim Spellman has) but the local media that the family hasn't spoken to on camera since early October most definitely hasn't moved on. Checks are made on a daily basis.

That's why refusing to speak to the local media and only talking to the national media at a certain point was always perplexing. Local media is still here. But they also don't pay for interviews or for attorneys to serve as security consultants.

This is from Marc Klaas's blog on October 7:

For a brief moment in time baby Lisa has fulfilled America’s obsession with true crime and a good mystery. However, if there are no new developments interest will be impossible to sustain. Eventually, national media will move onto the next crime de jour. Satellite connections will be broken, antennas will telescope back down, cable will be coiled and stored and the correspondents will climb into their rental cars and fly off to their next destination. Now, the only outlet for getting the word out will be the local media. And, how receptive will they be if they were snubbed by the family seeking wider attention on the national stage?

http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/2011/10/strange-case-of-baby-lisa.html

I am bringing a quote over from baby Ayla's page regarding a press conference. While I realize all cases are different, I think this reiterates what a lot of us have been saying in this case. Thanks to Nina for posting this. :)

Q: The DiPietros said that they were advised by police to not discuss details with the media, is that correct?

Steve McCausland: Let me clarify that. Um, very early on in the investigation, in the first couple of days, we asked the principals involved not to speak to the media until we had a chance to talk with them firsthand. And they've all cooperated, they were all interviewed, and then I think there was a misunderstanding on their part that that was sort of like a permanent ban on talking to the media. It is not. We informed both Justin and his mother last night, both of which who have cited in some recent broadcast, uh, reports that police had asked them not to get into any details. Uh, we have clarified that with them, that we encourage them to talk to the media. Um, to keep this story of Ayla in the headlines. What better people to do that than her immediate family? And, we are encouraging all of the family members, both here in Waterville and in southern Maine, to keep her story in the forefront, and to keep her name in the headlines. I hope that has clarified that aspect.
B and SBM

Every case reaches a point where it can go months or even years with no developments. Therefore, it is up to the parents to keep their child's case in the news when there is nothing happening in it. By giving an interview to the media, the parents are giving them something newsworthy to report. From what I've seen, the cases that still pop up in their local news a few times a year are ones where the parents have been proactive.

I am not confident that Lisa's parents will make an effort to keep Lisa's case in the public eye. What is going to happen when the media isn't knocking on their door and they have to pursue them? Can you seriously see the Irwins contacting the media about Lisa's case in 2017? I can't.

There is another search planned for this Sunday, details are on the Searching for Lisa Irwin facebook page. I have read reports of people that go on the searches being threatened, phone calls to their homes & employers, & threats to others that don't believe the parents are innocent. I saw JI's employer indirectly threaten a woman who claims to have seen DB & her brother at a landfill the week before Lisa went missing. Someone had posted a Google Earth pic of her home, & she was asking why these people wanted a map to her house, & JI's boss said "I don't need a map!" When asked what he meant , he said "Take it anyway you want", *"Free speach(sp)" . Odd, IMHO. I took screenshots,as well.

There is another search planned for this Sunday, details are on the Searching for Lisa Irwin facebook page. I have read reports of people that go on the searches being threatened, phone calls to their homes & employers, & threats to others that don't believe the parents are innocent. I saw JI's employer indirectly threaten a woman who claims to have seen DB & her brother at a landfill the week before Lisa went missing. Someone had posted a Google Earth pic of her home, & she was asking why these people wanted a map to her house, & JI's boss said "I don't need a map!" When asked what he meant , he said "Take it anyway you want", *"Free speach(sp)" . Odd, IMHO. I took screenshots,as well.

Are there any links to these reports of threats in main stream media that you could link for us please? If they are from twitter or facebook please indicate that but don't post any screenshots. If these are just individuals posting on the internet these reports could just be rumors correct? Websleuths doesn't go for rumors.

It makes no sense why people would threaten the searchers on the basis that they don't believe the parents are innocent. Wouldn't they want the child to be found, regardless of who they believe is responsible?

If the woman truly believes she has information, she should be telling LE, not JI's employer.

Are there any links to these reports of threats in main stream media that you could link for us please? If they are from twitter or facebook please indicate that but don't post any screenshots. If these are just individuals posting on the internet these reports could just be rumors correct? Websleuths doesn't go for rumors.
It is only on facebook and only ONE person saying they have been threatened. If you look on further at this one persons posts, you will IMO find a drama queen. I am not quite buying this persons claims of being "threatened". And the post where JI's employer was supposedly threatening the person was not what I would call 'threatening" from what I saw. He was only defending facts from what I saw.

It also seems to me that the media is reporting that LE is saying that the parents are not cooperating, but the media themselves are also not cooperating with LE. They, themselves, were fighting the subpena to turn over the raw footage to LE for a grand jury investigation and got their lawyers involved. Seems kind of hypocritical to me. Remember, the grand jury was meeting for this problem - not for the parents.

The media is the media, IMO, no one expects much in the way of good behavior from them, at least I don't. But the parents of a missing baby who seemed to have resumed their lives and are too aggrieved to talk to police is something else again, something my tiny brain cannot understand.

I am going to tell a story from my viewpoint of this whole thing, as far as the initial days of Lisa's case, and what MAY have went on with her parents. Now, this is MY OPINION only, and it not the same type of case, but there are some things that are similar as far as LE goes ( I feel).

My daughter comitted suicide at age 16 by jumping off a bridge/highway overpass. The bridge is 125 ft high. There is a bar right underneath the overpass. At approx. 2:30 am one morning, some guys coming out of the bar went into the bushes near the overpass. I do not recall why they went into the bushes. Had to pee, to smoke a joint, something. These men found my daughter's body. The police were called. They found my daughters car parked at the side of the highway on the bridge. The car door was open, the glove box was open, there were some items scattered about.

Anyways, I was questioned by a bunch of LE. I don't even remember who was there, local cops, sheriffs, maybe state police. You have to understand, all of this is remembered in kind of a fog. I was in a fog from the moment I heard the words "Melissa is dead".

From the moment I heard those words, I can not even describe what it was like. Kind of like a sign flashing in my head, a loop "she's dead. she's dead. my baby is dead. she's dead...." and on and on. I truly don't think i was even hearing clearly WHAT people were saying to me.

LE asked questions: when did you see her last, what was she wearing, who are her friends, what was she doing last night, etc. etc. etc. Over and over. And over. I happened to be on a weeks vacation from work at the time. The night before I had went with some friends from work to the bar as we belonged to a darts league. So I spent my evening playing darts and having a couple drinks. Maybe 2, I don't remember.

So as the police are asking me questions, I don't know if I was even hearing the questions correctly, hell I don't think I was even thinking. All there was was that damn loop" she's dead, shes dead. did she suffer, whathappened, shes dead. oh my poor baby. oh my god this is not real." And yes, I started getting aggravated. They just kept throwing questions at me, my brain wasn't working. At one point, I did snap, and I yelled at them. A lot. Something along the lines of "What the f#$@ do you want from me?!!!" Was this the proper way to act with LE? No, no it wasn't. I have no excuse other then I was shocked. In pain. Confused. I really don't know how to even descibe it. Now, you would think, since my child was dead, no one knew what happened, that I would focus on answering those questions, to find out WHAT happened to my precious child. But I didn't. I did try. But I just wasn't thinking clearly.

So I guess I just didn't do it right. I don't know. But whenever I think of Lisa's parents, I wonder, what was going through their minds when they were being questioned? Did they have a loop like I did? Did they just become aggravated, because of the shock, the unknowing?. I don't know. And I realize, a missing child is not the same as a dead child. But I think there are a lot of similarities to the situation.

Anyways, I just wanted people to see things from the point of view of someone who has went through something similar. Not the same.

Oh, and a suicide note was eventually found that my daughter wrote, so that closed the case.

ETA: I AM SORRY FOR THIS POST BEING OFF TOPIC :(
And yes, I realize that this doesnt explain why they won't talk to local LE today. I'm just talking about those first couple days.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tx-tinman
Back