Police say parents are not answering vital questions #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the clips are a mix of both actual information from LE and DB, and media milking the story for all it's worth. I do remember context for most of the clips, so I can give them each the weight I think they deserve. It was interesting after the passage of time to see some of these clips again. I was struck by how emphatic SY was when he said there was "no doubt they informed us that they no longer wish to cooperate with the investigation."

I wonder why DB says she hasn't compared notes with SB. I thought they've spent a lot of time together after Lisa's disappearance. Wouldn't you want to go over every detail of the evening with the friend who was with you, to try to figure out if you remember something that you didn't realize meant anything at the time but could be a key to finding your baby?

I agree with you completely.

Everyone has an opinion. If this "former homicide detective" is not involved in this particular case, then his opinion doesn't really carry more weight than anyone else's. In fact, I would say that I am darned glad that he is a FORMER detective, because we really don't need LEOs who form opinions without facts, do we?

Especially when what he has to say is based off of documentably wrong information. The parents never asked anyone to stop, and the people who did request that the vigils stop were only referring to their front lawn.

The "fact" That Baby Lisa's Parents Have Asked for Prayer Vigils to Stop is not a "fact" at all.

With all due respect, if the Sr Irwins were not speaking for DB and JI, then why have the vigils stopped? Who were they speaking for? They were speaking "for" DB and JI. JI's parents do not own the house, do not own the property on Lister and are not the remaining boys' parents. If not speaking for DB and JI, they have no fight in whether or not the vigils are held there.

So I'm not buying that argument.

The request to stop the prayer vigils at the house came from DB and JI.

People are entitled to their opinions about that. If people think it was for the best interest for the boys, then fine. That's their opinion. It's not mine. This was not an angry mob with pitchforks. It was less than twenty older women and a few children, holding hands, lighting candles and praying. Somebody yelled at DB and JI as they drove off. That's not a crime. . .it wasn't even a threat. As far as I know, there was no previous animosity between the parents and Judith Fines.

My personal opinion is that they wanted them stopped because they know BL is dead. They want this whole circus to stop. They want people who's hearts are in the right place to go away and get back to their lives.

Apparently I'm not alone. Marc Klaas, someone who has been in their shoes, so should empathize with DB and JI, has some pretty harsh words for them regarding the prayer vigils. Here's the link to his blog regarding this subject, if anybody is interested to what his thoughts are.

http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/

With all due respect, if the Sr Irwins were not speaking for DB and JI, then why have the vigils stopped? Who were they speaking for? They were speaking "for" DB and JI. JI's parents do not own the house, do not own the property on Lister and are not the remaining boys' parents. If not speaking for DB and JI, they have no fight in whether or not the vigils are held there.

So I'm not buying that argument.

The request to stop the prayer vigils at the house came from DB and JI.

People are entitled to their opinions about that. If people think it was for the best interest for the boys, then fine. That's their opinion. It's not mine. This was not an angry mob with pitchforks. It was less than twenty older women and a few children, holding hands, lighting candles and praying. Somebody yelled at DB and JI as they drove off. That's not a crime. . .it wasn't even a threat. As far as I know, there was no previous animosity between the parents and Judith Fines.

My personal opinion is that they wanted them stopped because they know BL is dead. They want this whole circus to stop. They want people who's hearts are in the right place to go away and get back to their lives.

Apparently I'm not alone. Marc Klaas, someone who has been in their shoes so should empathize with DB and JI, has some pretty harsh words for them regarding the prayer vigils. Here's the link to his blog regarding this subject, if anybody is interested to what his thoughts are.

http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/
Again, I invite any of those people to have Edith come into their yards daily and invite total strangers to their yard nearly every night for weeks.

BBM while not all of them had pitchforks, Edith, the very one that was supposed to be hold a vigil for LISA, did. Lisa was lost in the non-vigil vigils. She was creating a scene and it was not about Lisa. Her searches are about Lisa, so that is fine. Leave it about Lisa if they want to be productive and not counterproductive.

I wonder why DB says she hasn't compared notes with SB. I thought they've spent a lot of time together after Lisa's disappearance. Wouldn't you want to go over every detail of the evening with the friend who was with you, to try to figure out if you remember something that you didn't realize meant anything at the time but could be a key to finding your baby?
Or to see if SB noticed anything that day/nite or any other day/nite...or could think of anyone suspicious to add to the list of 12 people...

It's one of the suspicious things that DB said in interviews, IMO. Surely it's one thing that LE may want to ask her about, even if they already did. But she lawyered up. :angel:

Did SB lawyer up, too?

Or to see if SB noticed anything that day/nite or any other day/nite...or could think of anyone suspicious to add to the list of 12 people...

It's one of the suspicious things that DB said in interviews, IMO. Surely it's one thing that LE may want to ask her about, even if they already did. But she lawyered up. :angel:

Did SB lawyer up, too?

bbm I don't think so but who knows in this case. Her husband has stated he has cooperated, answered questions and taken a lie detector. She hasn't said anything that I have heard of except I think she confirmed the events in the people magazine article.

Two things DB said in that interview with MK have nagged at me ever since. One is where she says that she doesn't think alcohol changes who a person is and the other is when she said that there was no chance she did anything (or anything happened, can't remember exact wording) while she was that drunk, saying if there were any chance, she would say so. If she were drunk to the point of blackout/not remembering anything, how could she say so?

Doesn't prove anything, just a weird feeling I get about that whole conversation that gives me pause. For me (and JMO only), something isn't quite right (could just be my radar is off).

Again, I invite any of those people to have Edith come into their yards daily and invite total strangers to their yard nearly every night for weeks.

BBM while not all of them had pitchforks, Edith, the very one that was supposed to be hold a vigil for LISA, did. Lisa was lost in the non-vigil vigils. She was creating a scene and it was not about Lisa. Her searches are about Lisa, so that is fine. Leave it about Lisa if they want to be productive and not counterproductive.

And that is fine, but don't say it wasn't coming from DB and JI. It was. They didn't want her there anymore.

Also, they hadn't been back in the house long when they asked her to stop. It would be different if they had. They weren't there. They hadn't been "putting up" with this for months.

Since you are local, what scene was being created? I have yet to see or hear anything that supports there was a "scene." I'm not saying that it's not true. I just haven't seen it.

bbm I don't think so but who knows in this case. Her husband has stated he has cooperated, answered questions and taken a lie detector. She hasn't said anything that I have heard of except I think she confirmed the events in the people magazine article.
Which is why I hold her up on a higher pedestal than the other 'witnesses' that have went all over blabbing to the media and all other witnesses that have done the same and stayed out of the limelight.

Two things DB said in that interview with MK have nagged at me ever since. One is where she says that she doesn't think alcohol changes who a person is and the other is when she said that there was no chance she did anything (or anything happened, can't remember exact wording) while she was that drunk, saying if there were any chance, she would say so. If she were drunk to the point of blackout/not remembering anything, how could she say so?

Doesn't prove anything, just a weird feeling I get about that whole conversation that gives me pause. For me (and JMO only), something isn't quite right (could just be my radar is off).

You are not alone. I have thought of that too. If DB was so drunk that she blacked out, as she would want us to believe, then how does she know that she didn't do something to Lisa?

I don't think she thought about that.

MOO

To be frank, the vibe I get from her sometimes is that she's trying a little too hard to come off as extremely open in an attempt to be believed ("she wouldn't say that if she had done anything wrong" type of thing). But a vibe or a feeling is just that. I can't disregard it, but I also can't use it to justify guilt since I could be misinterpreting.

Edith only had "one scene" if you want to call it that. She simply broke down in tear crying because she wanted help. She yelled out to DB that she couldnt do this alone any more, and that's hardly a scene when she is doing considerably much more than the parent of the missing child, or any of their family for that matter.

I believe the other womans name in the video clip from the final vigil was named Shirley Bradley (no relation) and she yelled towards the parents are they were driving off (why can't you help us).

IMO, both of those events were people that truely care for Lisa crying out for the parents help. If that is threatening in any way, then there is a lot more crime in this country that goes unseen each day.

Edith is welcome on my lawn any time.

Edith only had "one scene" if you want to call it that. She simply broke down in tear crying because she wanted help. She yelled out to DB that she couldnt do this alone any more, and that's hardly a scene when she is doing considerably much more than the parent of the missing child, or any of their family for that matter.

I believe the other womans name in the video clip from the final vigil was named Shirley Bradley (no relation) and she yelled towards the parents are they were driving off (why can't you help us).

IMO, both of those events were people that truely care for Lisa crying out for the parents help. If that is threatening in any way, then there is a lot more crime in this country that goes unseen each day.

Edith is welcome on my lawn any time.
No. She only had one scene caught on tape. I had to live with her for weeks creating scenes. The first couple of times it was heartbreaking.

IDM, is this the woman who also did vigils for Precious Doe? TIA

No. She only had one scene caught on tape. I had to live with her for weeks creating scenes. The first couple of times it was heartbreaking.

This just shows you how these cases are being portrayed in the media. A lot of folks have this idea that if they didn't see (or even hear) something on camera (and on the news or interview), it didn't happen.

I'm glad you are our eyes and ears in that neighborhood. Gives a better perspective of what's going on. And I have no reason to not believe you on any of this stuff.

This just shows you how these cases are being portrayed in the media. A lot of folks have this idea that if they didn't see something on camera (and on the news), it didn't happen.

I'm glad you are our eyes and ears in that neighborhood. Gives a better perspective of what's going on. And I have no reason to not believe you on any of this stuff.

ITA thank you In da Middle for your posts and insight!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back