Poll for the Armchair Psychologists

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What Psychological Disorder do you think Jodi may have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And psychopathology and ADHD are all the rage. I can't tell you about the numbers of children prescribed legalised speed for faulty parenting. It just made the kids crazy and worse with all that bad parenting on top.
Now we have adult speed addictions everywhere created by a questionable medical system, with poor diagnostic skills. And no full real disclosure of familial backgrounds.
I hope my head-shaking is meaningful in terms of professional diagnosis.

4:100 people will meet the criteria for ASPD, and most of them will be men, is it an over or under inflated number?
I think women are represented by much smaller numbers, and face very very different positions in society, along with expectations of very outdated traditional values of 'female' behaviour.
Or is it an easy target for labelling without full disclosure of significant circumstances and diagnostic skills again?

What I perceived to be a 'truth' appears very different from the majority of 'truths'. It may be that my professional focus on individuals in context is not favoured by many - just as the individual pathology of one person is not favoured by me, when in all likelihood there could reasonably be two, but I may never find out.

I am trained to always enquire about the psycho/sociological impacts on individuals, beyond their individual analysis, to include social analysis, otherwise my job is only ever halfway there. I recognise that many people may differ, but each has it's own valid points.
But I can't do it any other way as much as people resist thinking my way.
I feel just as strongly.

Sorry I keep straying over into philosophical la la land but justify it, as psychology is built on philosophy not science.:)

Psychology is a science. Psychiatrists are Medically trained doctors. They understand the brain and human behavior/thought from a scientific level, not philosophical. Graphs, statistics, tests, CT scans, etc.

There are philosophical elements, but more in a psych Being versed with patients of many different creeds/strata and their perception of their world (world view). But that Is more about therapy, not diagnosis. IMHO

But philosophy is important and it's great that we utilize it as a form of therapy, sharing ideas and trying to make sense of life/tragedy in a thoughtful civilized manner!

IMHO

Agreed, Gecko. The irresponsible media are pathologically manipulative and dishonest, but, at the same time, they are not even trying to hide their gossip, hyperbole, hysteria- and death-mongering, and justice-tampering agenda. Apparently, they don't even need to fake honesty and integrity: public appetite for their sensationalistic pap is huge. Their audience wants a monster, wants another most-hated-woman-in-America, and by golly, they are going to get one.

There will be another of course, and she, too, won't hold a candle to Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, etc. And through the sheer popularity of this skewed view, there is a palpable decline in common sense, in measure and reason, and a loss of sense of scale and import. The "worst of the worst" becomes more and more meaningless when, for instance, a convict's former lovers are counted up and the quantity offered as proof of her in-born or long-standing and incurable mental defect. Or the marijuana she grew when she was a kid, or a series of low-paying jobs, or that one lazy eye that confirms her "soullessness" because paid guests on the Dr. Drew show said so.

ALL of these "proofs" have been offered up as part of an armchair diagnosis that somehow confirms that that bloody scene in the bathroom was inevitable, independent of any other social factors, and that, moreover, there will be more scenes such as this, all over America, unless she's tortured to death in solitary and then stuck with a lethal dose--the dose that so many are begging to give her with their very own hands. Public Enemy Number One. That's hysteria; that's appetite. Of course HLN is putting up images of the death chamber on our screens to help us out with these perverted feelings and impulses.

What century is this?

I know. It's like the Salem Witch Trials on steroids. Everything about the 21st Century is bigger and better as we march towards the extinguishing of our light as the once hallowed city upon a hill. These things have to happen, I guess, in the latter days.

But, I did note, when studying the Salem witch trials, that while most were indulging in hysteria, a select few were engaged in perhaps the real reason behind the trials, a transfer of money, power, and property. The same is undoubtedly true today.

It's not Jodi's sickness we should be concerned about, so much as our own.

IMO

And I think the reason we here in the USA try to shine a spotlight on crimes by white women is because they rarely get punished according to the crime.

The media is trying to show the public what happens when you are a white attractive woman....That you get a lighter sentencing.

And I do find it very interesting that Jodi was compared to nearly all MALE sociopaths/psychopaths in history. Are there any Female sociopaths and psychopaths that we can compare Jodi to? Sure there are - but we don't hear of them as much.

Watch the show wicked women. It is so frightening, but really helps me remember that women and men both are capable of great horrific torture. Of sadistic behavior.

Yes it is, a struggle, but it does highlight divisions of thought, not just in 'local' area where it is very factionalised, but also in the wider system universally people have have opinions about it if they can get past sensationalised hyperbolic media syndication.
A lot of people indicate that they can. Synthesis is still a very long way off universally, but the rumbling has started,.
I no longer trust any reportage, because media in the hands of a few is a very dangerous situation, you hear what they want to tell you.
Infotainment about a very simple court case has taken 5 years plus 4 months of nightly' infotainment' hyperbolic drama. Five years and four months on remand for a simple murder - considered innocent before a trial, is a very long time indeed whatever the circumstances, it breaches every notion of right due process.
And it may change a person indelibly, innocent or not.

This media is not information, or remotely entertaining, it is justice tampering for dubious cash and ratings.
It has created a monster for everyone to hate. Some hate JA. I hate the media creation of her and think that is more monstrously damaging.
I hold them responsible for irresponsible reporting, biased opinions and sensationalism and for creating a level of hysterically awful unabated demands for a painful death or worse for her, and anyone who has a dissenting opinion. Tolerance and humanity has disappeared with it.

She wasn't Hitler Pol Pot and Idi Amin Fred West or Ted Bundy or any other psychopath rolled into one.

No-one can be called a great intellectual giant on a media incapable of criticising it's irresponsible self. It causes all sorts of mistruths and rumour to wander around freely without collaboration or checked facts.
It's full of rumours and innuendo based on flimsy knowledge and gutless wonders who could actually do good, but they tamper by creating sensationalism to make money and ratings instead.
You might well enquire about a collective pathology indeed.

As much as I enjoy opining about media hyperbole, it seems that we have gotten somewhat off-track. i.e. Armchair psychologist discussion of Jodi Arias...anyone?

As much as I enjoy opining about media hyperbole, it seems that we have gotten somewhat off-track. i.e. Armchair psychologist discussion of Jodi Arias...anyone?

Straight up psychopath! :)

There... Back on track! I feel so much better now:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back on track indeed. Thread might close soon. If so we can all PM.

I think much was accomplished in understanding, via the poll, the most agreed upon mental illness that Jodi could potentially have in our collective opinions.

Let it show that Borderline PD w/ antisocial sociopath and Narcissistic PD are the top two most agreed upon PD's according to opinion. (NOT AUTISM)

Straight up psychopath! :)

There... Back on track! I feel so much better now:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed! I am firmly convinced...don't need no stinking test scales or scores... res ipsa loquitur. The depths of her psychopathy have yet to be fully realized. I venture, that as time progresses we will learn more and more, as Jodi cannot keep her mouth shut. It will be a piecemeal process, but it will all come together to paint a crystal clear picture for those who have lingering doubts and/or questions.

Happy Memorial Day!

My point with the timeline in conjunction with "Debbie's" account of her daughter living with Jodi:

In the timeline it states Jodi began prepaid legal in 2006. She got her breasts enlarged not long after literally within a month of so. Then she starts having bible studies with tons of Mormon men at her house.

My fear is, considering "Debbie's" daughter said Jodi had sex during the hours of these "bible studies", that Jodi was sleeping with Mormon men from Prepaid legal during these "bible studies".

Jodi was not paying her half of the mortgage for the house she was in, so she had Debbie's daughter move in so she could have a source of payment. She treated this girl like a dog and made her stay in her room whenever she was in the house. "debbie's" daughter describes Jodi as a Functioning Psychopath.

Agreed! I am firmly convinced...don't need no stinking test scales or scores... res ipsa loquitur. The depths of her psychopathy have yet to be fully realized. I venture, that as time progresses we will learn more and more, as Jodi cannot keep her mouth shut. It will be a piecemeal process, but it will all come together to paint a crystal clear picture for those who have lingering doubts and/or questions.

Happy Memorial Day!

As a Daughterof the American Revoltion, grand daughter of a Marine who served in Iwo Jima, a nurse who served in MASH unit in Korea (hot lips houlihan is based off her!), and a father that held naval and air force wings as well as being a marine Corps officer in Vietnam......

Thank you... ;)

She is a functioning Psychopath I completely agree! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. I think the problem is when ppl confuse a sociopath for a psychopath.

You are right. She's "psycho". Ugh that timeline that I posted still gets me.

My point with the timeline in conjunction with "Debbie's" account of her daughter living with Jodi:

In the timeline it states Jodi began prepaid legal in 2006. She got her breasts enlarged not long after literally within a month of so. Then she starts having bible studies with tons of Mormon men at her house.

My fear is, considering "Debbie's" daughter said Jodi had sex during the hours of these "bible studies", that Jodi was sleeping with Mormon men from Prepaid legal during these "bible studies".

Jodi was not paying her half of the mortgage for the house she was in, so she had Debbie's daughter move in so she could have a source of payment. She treated this girl like a dog and made her stay in her room whenever she was in the house. "debbie's" daughter describes Jodi as a Functioning Psychopath.

Agreed. The first time that they interviewed this person ( months ago), I recall think similar thoughts about Jodi "entertaining" Mormon men. Who tells a roomate that they are not allowed out of their room while she has "company" ? Who does that?

Agreed. The first time that they interviewed this person ( months ago), I recall think similar thoughts about Jodi "entertaining" Mormon men. Who tells a roomate that they are not allowed out of their room while she has "company" ? Who does that?

Yes! My thoughts exactly!

It's interesting too in her blog I mentioned where she mentions famous quotes and then among those quotes Travis AND Chris Hughes. I know Chris is Mormon and had the prepaid legal ties. I also know Sky Hughes gave Jodi a good tongue lashing and had an eye on Jodi from the beginning.

A part of me is worried that Chris also was sleeping with Jodi, and many of the other men in that circle. This would explain why all of the women expressed extreme distrust in Jodi from day 1.

Who knows if it ultimately was a kinky group sex ring or if Jodi simply was able to manipulate each Morman man separately to engage in sex with her under the guise of a "bible study". I wish I could know which men specifically were attending those Bible Studies at Arias/Brewers house in Palm Desert CA.

Imho

Yes! My thoughts exactly!

It's interesting too in her blog I mentioned where she mentions famous quotes and then among those quotes Travis AND Chris Hughes. I know Chris is Mormon and had the prepaid legal ties. I also know Sky Hughes gave Jodi a good tongue lashing and had an eye on Jodi from the beginning.

A part of me is worried that Chris also was sleeping with Jodi, and many of the other men in that circle. This would explain why all of the women expressed extreme distrust in Jodi from day 1.

Who knows if it ultimately was a kinky group sex ring or if Jodi simply was able to manipulate each Morman man separately to engage in sex with her under the guise of a "bible study". I wish I could know which men specifically were attending those Bible Studies at Arias/Brewers house in Palm Desert CA.

wow--well anything is possible but don't you think if Jodi had slept with Chris Hughes, she would have talked about that ? That would be a good way to get back at Skye, would it not?

Narcissistic psychopath. Definition: it's all about her and she's incapable of actually feeling much of anything.

wow--well anything is possible but don't you think if Jodi had slept with Chris Hughes, she would have talked about that ? That would be a good way to get back at Skye, would it not?

Good point! But if Jodi would have revealed more sexual activity with other men it would have blown the defenses effort to make her look like a monogamous church mouse/librarian. It would have proved she specifically and paychopathically sought out Mormon men to take advantage of sexually, as the men may have been sexually immature/impressionable. An Jodi would never want to be seen for the true sexual psychopath she really is. it's all so calculated.

Also none of the men would ever admit to it I'm sure, being that their reputations/careers would be maligned in the church. I wouldn't judge the men if they spoke the truth. I would applause. But it would take a lot of guts for anyone to admit further involvement with Jodi. IMHO

But this is all based off of a connecting the dots personal opinion approach. I just really wanted to see if anyone picked up on it and my brain hasn't run too far away from me.

Jodi had 4 seperate bank accounts, all money put in was in $20 increments.

Could Jodi and Darrel have been so hard up to pay their mortgage that he allowed Jodi to use the house as a base for formalized prostitution?

That Jodi knew the best clientele would be Sexually repressed Mormon men?

I think it is more about SCAmMING the men by luring them into sex, photographing it, and threatening blackmail if no money is paid for the pictures.

Did TRAVIS find out she was doing this with men in the Mormon community and was so disgusted/outraged with her scam that he threatened to out Jodi, and consequentially Darrel Brewer as well? Did Jodi accidentally upload pictures or footage of her with all of her blackmail victims onto Travis's computer? Did Travis see this and believe that was all she was trying to do with him throughout their whole relationship? Blackmail him for money?

We know she was at Darrel's before she rented the car. We know a man was with her when she rented the car. Did Darrel Brewer drive Jodi to the rental car station? He gave her the gas cans.

Could Darrel Brewer have been privy to this whole plan?

Jodi called Travis's phone 3 times to leave messages after calling Ryan Burns to establish her alibi. And who is the person she calls after these "communications" and tells "Travis has been killed and the gas cans are empty"?:

Darrel Brewer.

IMHO moo

Yes, it could be. That and an effort to self sooth.

But isn't there something off about trying to look your best in a booking photo? Didn't she say it was going to be seen all over the internet?

The threat to her was not that she was about to be booked for murder, but how she might look physically to other people.

What does she say to Flores? Something about, now you will know how shalow I am, but can I go to the bathroom to freshen up before we go over there [to have my picture taken].

Then we see the final product, Jodi surrounded by a group of women who look like they would bite your hand off if you got too close, and a perfectly coiffed Jodi, smiling at us with the serenity of a saint. It worked!

IMO

It is those traits that I saw in her in the original 48 Hours interview back in 2008, I believe. It made a lasting impression on me and I remember thinking at the time, "is she for real?"

There seemed to be such a disconnect with her between her incarceration in jail and being charged with a gruesome murder and her perfectly coiffed hair and makeup, smiling with the serenity of a saint!

I didn't understand how that could happen. It was around that time that I began researching psychopathy and personality disorders, to help me understand such a mental state. I was richly rewarded with what I found in my research.

May I make one other point? I haven't read any other's opinions that match my own on this. Remember the video of Travis in a group of friends telling them the exciting story of the dangerous situation he was in during the robbery (IIRC)? The friends are paying rapt attention, but remember what Jodi was doing? She was dozing off, head in his lap, like she was so bored by it all! I thought that showed real disrespect for Travis in front of his friends. She may have heard the story before, but she could have at least tried to act interested for his sake! How rude. JMO!

Good point! But if Jodi would have revealed more sexual activity with other men it would have blown the defenses effort to make her look like a monogamous church mouse/librarian. It would have proved she specifically and paychopathically sought out Mormon men to take advantage of sexually, as the men may have been sexually immature/impressionable. An Jodi would never want to be seen for the true sexual psychopath she really is. it's all so calculated.

Also none of the men would ever admit to it I'm sure, being that their reputations/careers would be maligned in the church. I wouldn't judge the men if they spoke the truth. I would applause. But it would take a lot of guts for anyone to admit further involvement with Jodi. IMHO

But this is all based off of a connecting the dots personal opinion approach. I just really wanted to see if anyone picked up on it and my brain hasn't run too far away from me.

yes-yes-you are right--it most certainly would have blown her defense's effort to make her look like a monogamous church mouse/librarian...and proved she specifically sought out Mormon men to take advantage of sexually. i didn't go far enough in my thinking......thanks..

It is those traits that I saw in her in the original 48 Hours interview back in 2008, I believe. It made a lasting impression on me and I remember thinking at the time, "is she for real?"

There seemed to be such a disconnect with her between her incarceration in jail and being charged with a gruesome murder and her perfectly coiffed hair and makeup, smiling with the serenity of a saint!

I didn't understand how that could happen. It was around that time that I began researching psychopathy and personality disorders, to help me understand such a mental state. I was richly rewarded with what I found in my research.

May I make one other point? I haven't read any other's opinions that match my own on this. Remember the video of Travis in a group of friends telling them the exciting story of the dangerous situation he was in during the robbery (IIRC)? The friends are paying rapt attention, but remember what Jodi was doing? She was dozing off, head in his lap, like she was so bored by it all! I thought that showed real disrespect for Travis in front of his friends. She may have heard the story before, but she could have at least tried to act interested for his sake! How rude. JMO!

i too thought it showed disrespect for Travis and made her look self-centered and narcissistic - like she could not be bothered if she wasn't the center of attention.

Jodi had 4 seperate bank accounts, all money put in was in $20 increments.

Could Jodi and Darrel have been so hard up to pay their mortgage that he allowed Jodi to use the house as a base for formalized prostitution?

That Jodi knew the best clientele would be Sexually repressed Mormon men?

I think it is more about SCAmMING the men by luring them into sex, photographing it, and threatening blackmail if no money is paid for the pictures.

Did TRAVIS find out she was doing this with men in the Mormon community and was so disgusted/outraged with her scam that he threatened to out Jodi, and consequentially Darrel Brewer as well? Did Jodi accidentally upload pictures or footage of her with all of her blackmail victims onto Travis's computer? Did Travis see this and believe that was all she was trying to do with him throughout their whole relationship? Blackmail him for money?

We know she was at Darrel's before she rented the car. We know a man was with her when she rented the car. Did Darrel Brewer drive Jodi to the rental car station? He gave her the gas cans.

Could Darrel Brewer have been privy to this whole plan?

Jodi called Travis's phone 3 times to leave messages after calling Ryan Burns to establish her alibi. And who is the person she calls after these "communications" and tells "Travis has been killed and the gas cans are empty"?:

Darrel Brewer.

IMHO moo

interesting - had not thought of that possibility. other posters on other threads speculated she could have made more $$ in vegas turning tricks at the big hotels...than she did working as a waitress or for PPL... but $20 increments-? what was she doing? giving bj's for $20 each? that's pretty cheap these days isn't it? i mean i don't really know the going rate but back in the day didn't jimmy swaggart get arrested for trying to stiff a hooker for $25 ?

she gave him a bj and he refused to pay. this was back in 1980 something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn