Poll for the Armchair Psychologists

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What Psychological Disorder do you think Jodi may have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Canada even have the huge problem we have here in the USA with child murderers? Gun laws and the mindset is totally different between the two countries. IMO

That's a whole separate can of worms. IMO and one I don't think we should open on this thread.
Right, not for this thread, but yes, Canada has had plenty of cases in which minors commit horrific murders. They are still treated as minors and not adults by their criminal justice system.

Right, not for this thread, but yes, Canada has had plenty of cases in which minors commit horrific murders. They are still treated as minors and not adults by their criminal justice system.

For the most part, that is correct. However there are cases where the Crown Attorney seeks or has sought to try an accused minor as an adult.

Does it really matter what the origins of JA's personality disorder are? The fact remains that as disordered as she is she KNEW that slaughtering TA was illegal from the outset. She knew after she had committed that heinous crime as well.

JA is a danger to society, and a danger to prison staff and other inmates housed at the same facility. She should never, ever get out of solitary. There is zero "cure" for her, never will be, for the safety of all involved she must remain behind bars at all times with zero chance of contact with anyone else.

I know I care what her issues are because hopefully we can learn so that there are not more and more Jodi's on the way

Absolutely!
Mine is super interested in law enforcement and the justice system in general. He has a great relationship with local police. He's participated in the jr police academy and many in LE coach sports teams here. I really gotta hand it to our township police, they take community outreach very seriously and make great efforts to connect with the kids starting from a very young age.

Since your child is black and will be leaving where you live someday, you might want to read about DWB and other issues such as walking while black.

These are real issues

I know I care what her issues are because hopefully we can learn so that there are not more and more Jodi's on the way

It always comes back to the beginning again about how we treat our children.
It must be very hard for mothers to say to their children than other people might not like you because of the colour of their skin. How dreadfully sad, and even sadder to know that there is a strategy for it, - if you are ever stopped by a racial profiler:(

IIRC she started lying when she was young. I think she should have been confronted and corrected everytime she was caught lying. Maybe she was and it didn't help. Because of the lying, she undermined her own character development, and was not able to withstand the pressures of a rocky relationship like a person who has a strong character.
speaking for myself, it is easy to lie, but you get stronger emotionally if you practice telling the truth. I think a person can lose their intuition and their judgment when they aren't truthful, and you don't see things clearly. The truth is golden for sure. She got lost by becoming a chameleon.

IMO this is so insightful! TY!

It's funny that this came up today and just today I had a wake up call. I do live in a very culturally diverse affluent area ...I apparently live in my own little happy bubble. I was in a Rite-Aid store in my neighborhood ... There was a horrible thunderstorm and the store was empty. The check out lady was standing at the door and noticed my dog in the car. She starts telling me all about her dog, bragging that her dog is racist! Telling me how all the "n words" are afraid of her dog. Call me stupid .. I was dumbfounded and know my mouth was literally hanging open.
I said, let me show you a picture of my dog ... I pulled up a photo of my dog draped across the lap of my black son. Told her, "that's my son" ... Now her mouth started back peddling and stammering.... I walked to the back of the store and reported that idiot to the pharmacist. I called corporate when I got home.

So .... All that to say,... I obviously am a fool and will refrain from discussing how enlightened people are and opinions on what, if any, racism Jodi may have experienced.

My fiancée (yes, he stopped drinking so wedding is back on!) is multi racial and from Kenya. His mother was involved in sex trafficking and became pregnant with him. She was in the Masaai Tribe. My fiancée came out with full on Caucasian traits. He looks white, whereas his sister and mother are black.

Growing up, people would just stare as they were not used to seeing a white boy with a black family - didn't matter if he was in Kenya, Burma, or US.

Just letting you know that he and I deal daily w what you dealt w.... Ppl making anti black comments to him assuming he is white - when genetically he is more black and his whole family is black. But he deals with it do gracefully where as I am usually the person to correct the ignorance. But then I remember: it's "ignorance" - they just are clueless as to how offensive they are being (like that idiot woman and her racist dog).

He also had to deal with the other side of the coin - that when he went to the all black church with his mother, everyone made him feel not as worthy. Even his own family kind of kept him at arms length at times. He and I often talk about how when we have kids, we don't want to ever stress race as an important factor in their identity (unless they wish to explore that). I don't want my kids to identify themselves with the way they look, but rather the strength of their convictions and their overall good character. They will be Jewish, Kenyan, Spanish, German, and god knows what else - who cares. When I have them they will be AMERICANS. Good Americans that stand for their country and support their fellow American's regardless of race or creed.

Thanks for sharing your story Linda. :). I appreciate you showing her that picture of your son rather than yelling an expletive and walking away (Which I probably would have done! Lol). I'm sure you taught that woman something that day that she has never been confronted with before. And good for calling corporate. Kudos.

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but my take on it is that Jodi's diagnostic tests indicated a lack of truth as the baseline and a bipolar mood disorder. Her obvious narcissistic personality disorder showed clear indications of stress sociopathy, but with no other disorders D.I.D. W/CLUSTER B, her problems related to anger outbursts were obvious. From the philosophical perspective, Dyer trauma seems highly indicated, but the co-morbitiy with her "abuser" clearly indicates a psychopathic personality disorder. Studies have shown that anti-social personality disorder w/ psychopathy are an obvious marker for potential homicidal behavior, while contemplating harming herself supports the thesis forwarded by those proponents of the continuum that associate dissociative identity disorder personality disorder to developmental brain chemistry changes.

"If the photographs are anything to go by, JA stopped looking like a sexy 'blonde bombshell' and actually looked like a pre-pubescent Indian Squaw. (no disrespect intended)"

"No disrespect intended"? Just like its all in your humble opinion...

I just had noticed that she looked flat and boyish before the fake breasts and styled hair/make-up.

During trial she wears shirts that make her look flat and loose clothes and her hair is styled like it would have been when she was in the 6th grade. it's as if she is reverting back to her original identity she had - the identity before she learned how to manipulate w sex/feminine power. As if she is getting back into the role she had before being a seductress.

Also, it wouldn't hurt the way she is viewed by the jury if she looks plain and boyish rather than sexy and ultra femme fetale.

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but my take on it is that diagnostic tests indicated a lack of truth bipolar mood disorder narcissistic personality disorder stress sociopath with no other disorders D.I.D. W/CLUUSTER B anger a member of a philosophical society abandonment Dyer trauma will strongly identify with is very subjective her abuser ashamed of the death co-morbitiy her abuser psychopathic personality disorder nos acting out studies have shown that anti-social personality disorder w/ psychopathy contemplating harming herself support this thesis on the continuum dissociative identity disorder personality disorder development brain chemistry changes PDS borderline personality disorder perception of the self BPD untruths or truths Jodi post-traumatic antisocial personality disorder --according to Nietzsche-- DSM-IVtr hystrionic personality disorder sociopath w/borderline personality disorder low self-esteem histrionic personality disorder.

I've always thought if she had a comorbidity with ASPD it would be histrionic PD.

I'm confused with your post, but it seems interesting none the less and I want to understand. Can you maybe expand on this post and explain what your stance is?

Again am very interested in your opinion! Ty!

I've always thought if she had a comorbidity with ASPD it would be histrionic PD.

I'm confused with your post, but it seems interesting none the less and I want to understand. Can you maybe expand on this post and explain what your stance is?

Again am very interested in your opinion! Ty!

Thank you for your kind response. I confess to being quite at a loss to describe exactly what I mean! I'm sure there's a point in there somewhere! I need to give this some more thought and get some sleep, I think. LOL

Thank you for your kind response. I confess to being quite at a loss to describe exactly what I mean! I'm sure there's a point in there somewhere! I need to give this some more thought and get some sleep, I think. LOL

Please don't shy away from posting here. :) looking forward to your reply!

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but my take on it is that Jodi's diagnostic tests indicated a lack of truth as the baseline and a bipolar mood disorder. Her obvious narcissistic personality disorder showed clear indications of stress sociopathy, but with no other disorders D.I.D. W/CLUSTER B, her problems related to anger outbursts were obvious. From the philosophical perspective, Dyer trauma seems highly indicated, but the co-morbitiy with her "abuser" clearly indicates a psychopathic personality disorder. Studies have shown that anti-social personality disorder w/ psychopathy are an obvious marker for potential homicidal behavior, while contemplating harming herself supports the thesis forwarded by those proponents of the continuum that associate dissociative identity disorder personality disorder to developmental brain chemistry changes.

It is interesting how a lack of truth and bipolar were her baseline.

Do you think when she has this stress and anger it is when she is in a manic phase? I know that Mania can induce Psychosis. Is this where her psychotic aspects lie, her mania? I also know women when manic can be very image oriented... Could this manic focus on image be a survival mechanism to reclaim ones ego/identity during a mania induced dissociative psychosis?

Furthermore, did she become accustomed to lying as a means to maintain her dissociative identity created out of manic psychosis? Is this why lying is her baseline now and why it is so easy for her to lie without cognitive dissonance?

I'm started to understand your post now. It was über intellectual and initially zoomed over my head. My apologies!

Don't be amazed, I can read what international news and many many other outlets are saying. It's not terribly hard, so you can do it too it might help with the confusion! I have no such confusion.
I don't think I do speak for the rest of the world, imo my postings are intelligently built and based on my own experience, and I quite frequently say imo. imo I have absolutely no idea why on earth you should find it so surprising at all. Unless you make assumptions. It's terrible that you might feel so confused by it all.
I have no special abilities beyond deep thinking and high intuition and a sound ability in lateral thinking. With respect, there was no legal evidence presented that she slashed tyres stalked or stole a gun. It was heavily suggested, but not legally established. She had brown hair according to Police reports presented when the gun was stolen. What a prosecutor suggests in argument was not establish legal evidence. It is all conjecture.
The forensics alone are very open to question. It was nowhere near a thorough job.
There are some things that are just impossible to say on this website, as we are all aware, otherwise I would go much much further in my analysis and in my explanations, and include micro and meta theory, of meta-modernism in action. But then I would need to introduce Platonic dialectical theory and metaxy, which is beyond the scope of 'armchair psychology', and a difficult concept for people to grasp as it is a very new paradigm emerging from post-modernism. It is quite worthy of publication to explain the social forces from this perspective time and context, this case exemplifies meta modernism and it's applications extraordinarily well.
So I read elsewhere to provide me with balanced evidence of this phenomena occurring and I have found it on many international and local websites about the laws, the evidence etc. Plenty of scholars have weighed from a legal perspective. I have looked at from many different perspectives beyond the DSM, and my outcomes are entirely different with no measuring at all. imo

A measuring handbook is a guideline not a definitive authority.
If we rely on that alone then we must be self-reflexive enough to recognise and acknowledge it's inherent bias towards gender and power and cultural appropriateness. Does it apply universally to all cultures? No it certainly doesn't. Even the people responsible for creating the DSM have alluded to these flaws. It's not just me.
I cannot see that a culturally biased DSM applying to Amazonian tribes, so it is a shorthand tool and nothing more - without a relevant cultural context. Do native tribes in Tibet have 4:100 ASPD's amongst them?
Are they self medicating outcasts?
Do they currently have more than 40 serial killers floating round their community?
Why go beyond the inexperienced state witnesses diagnosis of BPD what
does it serve and mote importantly who does it serve?
As it is, I can only speak to the neo-conservative paradigm of racism and sexism existing in Arizona. Those are statistical facts well known in the US and internationally. I don't criticise US statistics I agree with them. imo The death penalty rate in Arizona is outstanding compared with other states, so is the over-representation of minority groups. Your country agrees with me according to their own statistics.
So if you are confused by US statistics, or 'evidence' not establish as'fact' then don't take it up with me, I had nothing to do with them. imo

You are so right about DSM: It is a tool within a certain cultural purview only. It is not universally sound by any means and it is not a Bible. It individualizes many cultural and social pathologies and it victimizes some people by labeling them as though their illness were not part of a wider social construct.

DSM speaks as much about its authors and researchers as it does the people it labels.

Now in the 21st century there are many who think modern psychology is a pseudo-science and even a fraudulent science. I am not speaking of the ignorant: I am speaking of professionals in the hard sciences, epistemology scholars, and medical researchers.

And with good cause: It is often based on questionable research. In 2011 a world renowned Dutch social psychology researcher (Stapel, Tillburg University) - who had authored dozens of stellar research papers which were published in scientific and illustrious academic journals and became models which were praised globally - admitted to using fraudulent data, making up results and tampering with statistical data.

Psychology as it now stands may not always be deemed a credible discipline nor a scientific one. As a great academic said, it is definitely at a cross-roads.

I think it's simply a matter of disrespect and unwillingness to post within the guidelines of TOS.

I do not understand the guidelines of TOS.

I thought it rather true when you repeatedly said that you do not site references because people do not look at them after you have spent countless time finding something.

I do not think anyone has to get verified unless they wish. I have seen verified posters get attacked as well, so I think it hardly matters.

I do not understand the guidelines of TOS.

I thought it rather true when you repeatedly said that you do not site references because people do not look at them after you have spent countless time finding something.

I do not think anyone has to get verified unless they wish. I have seen verified posters get attacked as well, so I think it hardly matters.

I've provided many links...

You can post personal opinions all day long. Just be clear that's all it is.

A poster can not claim professional status to bolster opinions if the poster isn't verified.

When stating a personal opinion a poster can bolster that opinion with a credible source.

A credible source is not a blog affiliated with websites that are so incredible they're banned from being linked here..... Nor are random blogs, unlinked news outlets, nor are statements the rest of the world is in agreement, nor is other posters agree with me. There a a few examples of improper bolstering of a personal opinion.

I do not feel expecting and requesting others follow the rules and post within TOS is attacking.

You are so right about DSM: It is a tool within a certain cultural purview only. It is not universally sound by any means and it is not a Bible. It individualizes many cultural and social pathologies and it victimizes some people by labeling them as though their illness were not part of a wider social construct.

DSM speaks as much about its authors and researchers as it does the people it labels.

Now in the 21st century there are many who think modern psychology is a pseudo-science and even a fraudulent science. I am not speaking of the ignorant: I am speaking of professionals in the hard sciences, epistemology scholars, and medical researchers.

And with good cause: It is often based on questionable research. In 2011 a world renowned Dutch social psychology researcher (Stapel, Tillburg University) - who had authored dozens of stellar research papers which were published in scientific and illustrious academic journals and became models which were praised globally - admitted to using fraudulent data, making up results and tampering with statistical data.

Psychology as it now stands may not always be deemed a credible discipline nor a scientific one. As a great academic said, it is definitely at a cross-roads.

Well stated! Psychology really is just a means of Creating terms for us to better discuss theories on the complexities of the human mind/behavior.

We would love to be able to digitize personalities from their analog form - set all the characteristics of a person to unwavering variables, blocked in with no excess frequency or distortion. We want to put individual personalities in a box so we can better try to predict not just their future behavior, but the behavior of those within their similar typology.

But human behavior cannot be predicted. There can be no variable in an equation to represent the unstable element of human behavior. All we can do is look at the social norms of whatever setting/culture we at put in on this earth and judge abnormal behavior accordingly.

Hopefully we can find correlations that help us understand the causal factors of mental illness. I prefer looking at neuropsychology as a form of diagnosis for many mental disorders these days as much can be deduced from it not on the basis of theory, but physiological proof.

It is important to always take note of the cultural norms specifically where the person is from when determining whether their behavior is normal or abnormal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tessi417