Poll for the Armchair Psychologists

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What Psychological Disorder do you think Jodi may have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen, she had as much and more to offer than many others. I cannot believe the stupidity of older men.

Agree many of these wealthy older men are either stupid or perhaps senile. I grew up in La Jolla.
3 doors down lived an older wealthy couple. The wife became ill and the husband hired some sort of part time housekeeper
to help out. This "maid" wasn't even that attractive or young. He was perhaps 78 or 79 and this maid was perhaps 40.
The next thing we knew, the wife had died and the housekeeper had moved in and become this man's girlfriend.
I think he was lonely. My mother and I would see them arm-in-arm walking his beloved cocker spaniel down to the beach when we took our evening walks.
A year passed and the old man had a stroke. By this time he had married the maid. The maid put him in a nursing home right away.
One day my mother saw the maid walking down at the beach and asked about the dog. She said she had the dog put to sleep!
Things also happen the other way. Lonely older women can also be stupid or senile. My mother had a younger wealthy woman
friend - I'll call her Sally - she was about 50 when her husband died. Sally lived around the corner.
She had been the wealthy one and was very lonely after her husband died. She used to dine at a fancy French restaurant and
this one particular handsome & charming waiter - age 35- struck up a "friendship" with her. Soon she had bought him a Porsche, a condo in Palm Springs and
was taking him on trips. After about a year she bought him his own restaurant. He was a gigolo and of course had a young girlfriend
which Sally eventually found out about.

Here is info on La Jolla. The most expensive place in the US.

La Jolla has the Scripps Institute, for one thing.

Jodi saw real wealth

La Jolla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, this is where Barbara P. Johnson lived most of the time for decades; east coast old money town.
Wealth Gravitates to Wealth. Palm Beach Ranked as Nation’s Top Zip Code

10SaturdayDec 2011

Rich people like living around other rich people. Palm Beach is the top zip code according to the Gadberry Group. The study ranked average income and household net worth.

Read More..Bloomberg BusinessWeek

Maybe there is a difference between east coast vs west coast "sugar daddies" and what they require?
Who knows?

.....I gave up thinking laterally when the last time I ended up preggers, bounced a lot of cheques, and ty-died my shoelaces. (j/k).

.....now I prefer literally thinking.....

moo

" I've never been convinced that experience is linear, circular, or even random. It just is. I try to put it in some kind of order to extract meaning from it, to bring meaning to it." -- Toni Cade Bambara

Agree many of these wealthy older men are either stupid or perhaps senile. I grew up in La Jolla.
3 doors down lived an older wealthy couple. The wife became ill and the husband hired some sort of part time housekeeper
to help out. This "maid" wasn't even that attractive or young. He was perhaps 78 or 79 and this maid was perhaps 40.
The next thing we knew, the wife had died and the housekeeper had moved in and become this man's girlfriend.
I think he was lonely. My mother and I would see them arm-in-arm walking his beloved cocker spaniel down to the beach when we took our evening walks.
A year passed and the old man had a stroke. By this time he had married the maid. The maid put him in a nursing home right away.
One day my mother saw the maid walking down at the beach and asked about the dog. She said she had the dog put to sleep!
Things also happen the other way. Lonely older women can also be stupid or senile. My mother had a younger wealthy woman
friend - I'll call her Sally - she was about 50 when her husband died. Sally lived around the corner.
She had been the wealthy one and was very lonely after her husband died. She used to dine at a fancy French restaurant and
this one particular handsome & charming waiter - age 35- struck up a "friendship" with her. Soon she had bought him a Porsche, a condo in Palm Springs and
was taking him on trips. After about a year she bought him his own restaurant. He was a gigolo and of course had a young girlfriend
which Sally eventually found out about.

How sad. It must be horrible to be lonely.

Yes it must be terrible. I know my mom's friend was very lonely and she got fleeced for a lot by the charming gigolo waiter. She was devastated when she found out about his girlfriend. He really pretended to care for her but he was a user. I was a teenager back in those days but he gave me the creeps. There was something quite slimy about him. my mom thought so too and tried to tell her friend this wasn't a good idea. But her friend was desperately lonely and blind to how she was being used. Totally sad.

I agree and I think that's why it is important for us women to make sure we have a large circle of friends (like my Grammy used to say).
Stats show that the hubbys die younger leaving many of us alone.
Cultivate your sphere of aquaintances, ladies.

:twocents:

When speaking about "sugar Daddy's" this is "real prostitution" in most cases. Wealth removes the label prostitution and substitutes it with wife, girlfriend or mistress. IMO

I agree and I think that's why it is important for us women to make sure we have a large circle of friends (like my Grammy used to say).
Stats show that the hubbys die younger leaving many of us alone.
Cultivate your sphere of aquaintances, ladies.

:twocents:

Absolutely agree!

As a young child my parents encouraged me to often visit with several elderly neighbors, as a result, I learned how to cook lots things from different cultures, the absolute must have items for cleaning supplies, and history. I've always made it a point to know, talk to, and spend time with elderly neighbors no matter where I've lived. It's so enriching for everyone.

I've done the same with my child. He's learned a lot too..,, like how to make homemade wine! lol He mows two neighbors lawns and snow blows and won't take money for doing it.

I think it's very important to look after old folks that have no one to look after them. They need to feel valued and appreciated.

A few years ago I sat on a committee that made owning pets acceptable in the local assisted living development. This year we are raising money & getting veterinarians to assist with the costs of pet ownership for those seniors strapped for cash, hoping that helps with loneliness.

She was that for Daryl IMO... He was a much older creepy guy.
She wanted to be Travis. Since that's impossible... She wanted to be his wife and ride his coat tails to the good life and hope she would be viewed the same way... As if through osmosis she would suddenly become "someone"

One of the most brilliant comments ever. Very astute observation Linda7NJ. She didn't want to "own" him, she wanted to "be" him. A classic case of mirroring, which she still continues to do with everyone she comes in contact with.

"If the photographs are anything to go by, JA stopped looking like a sexy 'blonde bombshell' and actually looked like a pre-pubescent Indian Squaw. (no disrespect intended)"

"No disrespect intended"? Just like its all in your humble opinion...

I just had noticed that she looked flat and boyish before the fake breasts and styled hair/make-up.

During trial she wears shirts that make her look flat and loose clothes and her hair is styled like it would have been when she was in the 6th grade. it's as if she is reverting back to her original identity she had - the identity before she learned how to manipulate w sex/feminine power. As if she is getting back into the role she had before being a seductress.

Also, it wouldn't hurt the way she is viewed by the jury if she looks plain and boyish rather than sexy and ultra femme fetale.

BBM! :stormingmad: You could have used any one but a Native American. Notice the red tint in my skin? :floorlaugh:

When speaking about "sugar Daddy's" this is "real prostitution" in most cases. Wealth removes the label prostitution and substitutes it with wife, girlfriend or mistress. IMO

And conversly, that would make "sugar daddy" or hubby a "John" too.

moo

You left out wide.

Snipped from Bullyonline:

''How do bullies select their targets?

The bully selects their target using the following criteria:

bullies are predatory and opportunistic - you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time; this is always the main reason - investigation will reveal a string of predecessors, and you will have a string of successors
being good at your job, often excelling
being popular with people (colleagues, customers, clients, pupils, parents, patients, etc)
more than anything else, the bully fears exposure of his/her inadequacy and incompetence; your presence, popularity and competence unknowingly and unwittingly fuel that fear
being the expert and the person to whom others come for advice, either personal or professional (ie you get more attention than the bully)
having a well-defined set of values which you are unwilling to compromise
having a strong sense of integrity (bullies despise integrity, for they have none, and seem compelled to destroy anyone who has integrity)

having at least one vulnerability that can be exploited
being too old or too expensive (usually both)
refusing to join an established clique
showing independence of thought or deed
refusing to become a corporate clone and drone
Jealousy (of relationships and perceived exclusion there from) and envy (of talents, abilities, circumstances or possessions) are strong motivators of bullying.''
Snipped from the Bullyonline website. Bolded by me.
I have a very defined set of values emanating from social justice theory.
Not only could I explicitly outline my my framework for practice, phenomenology, systems, family systems, social justice, existentialism, critical theory feminism etc. - in short a coherent framework that points to my values and is a reflection of my authentic self.
But I am self-reflexive enough to stand outside of my own paradigm and self-critique my own paradigm to fit with circumstances. I would call that a wide deep knowledgeable intuitively constructed base. I see no-one else being able to articulate any framework for practice or be self-reflexive about their own approach. I can see some explicit values, but they are dubious.
Does this make me some kind of non- English nutter?
What's with the 'English' thing anyway is it hidden racism?

BBM! :stormingmad: You could have used any one but a Native American. Notice the red tint in my skin? :floorlaugh:

No reason on earth for anyone to use the word "squaw" to describe anyone in this day and age. Good grief, haven't we come further than that?

You're just a beautiful woman Tulessa. Period.

Tulessa, please notice I was quoting Gecko on that prejudice comment.

I was trying to lightly teach her that from a US standpoint, that is an offensive correlation/statement to make.

Sorry if you confused that to be my statement.

No offense but my hinky meter is telling me bullyvilleonline would not be my go-to source for anti-bullying info and/or support. Any other orgs out there?

Tulessa, please notice I was quoting Gecko on that prejudice comment.

I was trying to lightly teach her that from a US standpoint, that is an offensive correlation/statement to make.

Sorry if you confused that to be my statement.

I know deeply that you didn't mean anything by it, but being referred to as a squaw, is just demeaning. But all is good. :)

ETA! I can shoot as good as any man, so watch it buster! J/K!! :floorlaugh:

No reason on earth for anyone to use the word "squaw" to describe anyone in this day and age. Good grief, haven't we come further than that?

You're just a beautiful woman Tulessa. Period.

I agree having Cherokee blood like Tulessa I found Gecko's use of te word "squaw" offensive - especially AFTeR she/he read that I have native Anerican roots. That's why I felt compelled to address the word specifically.

I know deeply that you didn't mean anything by it, but being referred to as a squaw, is just demeaning. But all is good. :)

I did not say Squaw! I was quoting Grcko saying it! Again do not attribute that word to my thinking as I have Cherokee blood as well!

I'd be horrified if anyone thought I would use a word like that and think its ok.

I did not say Squaw! I was quoting Grcko saying it! Again do not attribute that word to my thinking as I have Cherokee blood as well!

I'd be horrified if anyone thought I would use a word like that and think its ok.

:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member