Poll: Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

• Yes, and I have a POI in mind (and he's among those who can be talked about at WS)

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • Yes, and I have a POI in mind (though he's not presently among those who can be talked about here)

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Yes, I think she was, and I have some theories, but no specific person in mind.

Votes: 59 25.5%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "yes", she was murdered.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "no", she was not murdered.

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • No, I firmly believe (think) Shannan Gilbert was not murdered.

Votes: 27 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so maybe I am missing the obvious here. But I've always wondered how they new to call MBB the next day after the bodies were found. I mean I understand she was missing and all. And it's a duhh it would of been her. But, out of all the women missing in NYC how did they know so fast it would be MBB? Along with the rest of the girls.

Just guessing:

They (the police) had been looking for Shannan, so when the body was found they assumed it was SG but had to run dna tests to confirm. The results indicated it did not match SG but actually matched another missing persons' dna they had on file... which was MBB's.

Just guessing:

They (the police) had been looking for Shannan, so when the body was found they assumed it was SG but had to run dna tests to confirm. The results indicated it did not match SG but actually matched another missing persons' dna they had on file... which was MBB's.

That would be my guess as well. Makes the most sense. But I've always been under the assumption that running DNA like that against a ton of other missing persons would take much longer then how fast it took them to get a hold of MBB mother.
Just seems odd to have so many missing women in NYC alone that they were so fast able to narrow it down with out knowing about the connection of craigslist. I mean you would think they wouldn't know about that connection anyways until they were all identified.

On a side note. I do have to say that I've never took much interest in CPH. But after watching him on 48 hours he gave me the creeps. The part were SG mother calls him out "all this stuff about a rehab or something" he reminds me of the guy off of Something about Mary who is stalking her and gets hives and has a weird obsession with her shoes. JMOO IDK just the way he said all that gave me the creeps and I've actually never thought he had anything to do with the murders. But he gave me a creepier vibe then MP and JB put together.

Okay so maybe I am missing the obvious here. But I've always wondered how they new to call MBB the next day after the bodies were found. I mean I understand she was missing and all. And it's a duhh it would of been her. But, out of all the women missing in NYC how did they know so fast it would be MBB? Along with the rest of the girls.

Someone tried to access her voice mail on Long Island about a week after she went missing.

Something else re: Hackett:

Can't believe it but, I'd never noticed that when Hackett wrote to 48 Hours explaining why he contacted MG... he stated in his letter/s that he did so at the request of friends who were searching for SG in an effort to be supportive.

So, they were all pals.

hackett repeatedly insisted to the press that he never called mari.

mari repeatedly insisted that he very well did call her...
and say all the rehab stuff and that he had shannan and she left with her driver.

hacket denied denied denied.

this video footage was filmed august 19, 2011.

the first 48 hours on hackett et al was aired i think july 12, 2011 or thereabouts.

hackett ended up admitting calling mari..cuz the police cornered him on his phone records. so then he's got no alibi - its right there on the phone records.

so he said he called mari and her sister sherre at the reqeust of alex diaz (shannan's bf) and michael pak (her driver)

this is old news.....not new news

I'm not mistaken. I'm 100% POSITIVE it was her call. No doubt in my mind. I might even remember the exact date it aired because I go to a different law office every day to work, and I remember who I was talking to about hearing that call, so I can just look up the date of when I worked with that person.

Wow! You sound like a pretty credible source. Thank you. :)

Everyone here is doing such great sleuthing. You guys are very bright!

and say all the rehab stuff and that he had shannan and she left with her driver.

the first 48 hours on hackett et al was aired i think july 12, 2011 or thereabouts.

hackett ended up admitting calling mari..cuz the police cornered him on his phone records. so then he's got no alibi - its right there on the phone records.

so he said he called mari and her sister sherre at the reqeust of alex diaz (shannan's bf) and michael pak (her driver)

Where are these suspects currently? Do we know? Any guidance here is appreciated. Thank you :)

Wow! You sound like a pretty credible source. Thank you. :)

Everyone here is doing such great sleuthing. You guys are very bright!

I remember it distinctly because when I brought it up, the attorney I was talking to about it said that she used to be a prosecutor in NY and she had to listen to 911 calls all the time, etc., etc.

The date I was speaking to her was 3.6.13. It was a show dedicated exclusively to LISK. I've been looking to see if I can find an archived copy of what was on TV on 3.5.13. I think it was on A&E.

I remember it distinctly because when I brought it up, the attorney I was talking to about it said that she used to be a prosecutor in NY and she had to listen to 911 calls all the time, etc., etc.

The date I was speaking to her was 3.6.13. It was a show dedicated exclusively to LISK. I've been looking to see if I can find an archived copy of what was on TV on 3.5.13. I think it was on A&E.

Hi and! :Welcome1:.
I would be surprized if you could provide a link for that. You may be mistaken. Ther was a FOIL request filed and denied. If it had been released it would be online somewhere and I sure can't find it nor have I ever heard of it being publically shared. I hope you can prove me wrong because I would like to hear it.

I would be surprized if you could provide a link for that. You may be mistaken. Ther was a FOIL request filed and denied. If it had been released it would be online somewhere and I sure can't find it nor have I ever heard of it being publically shared. I hope you can prove me wrong because I would like to hear it.

Again, I'm NOT mistaken. I just found what I was looking for, so be prepared to be surprised. It aired on Investigation Discovery (an A&E channel) in an episode of Disappeared called Footprints in the Sand. You can buy it for $1.99 on Amazon or iTunes. You can find the trailer on Youtube; it's two minutes long and at the 50 sec mark they start talking about the 911 call and you can hear Shannan's blood-curdling screaming and her being out of breath. If you can find the whole episode you'll hear more of the tape.

I was always aware of his constant denial. My point was that I had not noticed Hackett had referred to AD and MP as his "FRIENDS".

And, then... couple that with when Moriarty is at his door talking over him and he says "Alex"... it makes me wonder how long they've been on a first name basis?

Maybe they have never been friends? Maybe he met AD & MP for the first time when they went to OB two days after SG ran from JB's house. Maybe he's lying again... oops, I mean "story telling". Or is it possible they had met before?

If it helps anyone interested in obtaining the actual 911 call, you can typically show up to the PD where the 911 call was dispatched and obtain the transcript and call for usually about $10.

Has the PD asserted that they have lost this transcript/recording now?

Again, I'm NOT mistaken. I just found what I was looking for, so be prepared to be surprised. It aired on Investigation Discovery (an A&E channel) in an episode of Disappeared called Footprints in the Sand. You can buy it for $1.99 on Amazon or iTunes. You can find the trailer on Youtube; it's two minutes long and at the 50 sec mark they start talking about the 911 call and you can hear Shannan's blood-curdling screaming and her being out of breath. If you can find the whole episode you'll hear more of the tape.

Thanks Madam. I found it. I'm thinking however that it is a dramatic recreation. When the trailer starts it says this program contains dramatic recreations. LE has not (to my knowledge) released the 911 call to the public nor will they.

Here's the trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JCDWB0pYfos

Det.Stephan wrote a letter to Newsday and said he heard the tape and he found no indications she thought her life was in peril.

Chief of Detectives Varrone said he did.

Who do you believe is telling the truth.

Let us say for argument sake that neither the above two heard the 23 minute 911 tape. Only knowing she left the house and made a 23 minute call to 911 what do you think the tone of that call was all about. Was SG exchanging recipes with the operator?

I was always aware of his constant denial. My point was that I had not noticed Hackett had referred to AD and MP as his "FRIENDS".

And, then... couple that with when Moriarty is at his door talking over him and he says "Alex"... it makes me wonder how long they've been on a first name basis?

Maybe they have never been friends? Maybe he met AD & MP for the first time when they went to OB two days after SG ran from JB's house. Maybe he's lying again... oops, I mean "story telling". Or is it possible they had met before?

It is odd that he refers to them as friends and uses Alex's name with such familiarity. I hadn't noticed that before.

Det.Stephan wrote a letter to Newsday and said he heard the tape and he found no indications she thought her life was in peril.

Chief of Detectives Varrone said he did.

Who do you believe is telling the truth.

Let us say for argument sake that neither the above two heard the 23 minute 911 tape. Only knowing she left the house and made a 23 minute call to 911 what do you think the tone of that call was all about. Was SG exchanging recipes with the operator?

Discarding the words "believe" and "truth"... I'll choose Gulping Varrone.

It is odd that he refers to them as friends and uses Alex's name with such familiarity. I hadn't noticed that before.

Thanks for commenting... I thought I was the only one who missed the "friends" thing. Hack, Pak and Brew

I wish someone would look into the possibility tat SG and JB had contact prior to that night!

Forgive me for speaking out of turn, as I have not read every post in the thread, but is he referring to SG's 911 call? Someone else on here was wondering why her 911 call hasn't been released. I've heard her 911 call (or parts of it) on another program that aired earlier this year. It was the MOST BONE-CHILLING thing I've ever heard in my life. There is NO ARGUMENT TO BE MADE. I had fallen asleep with the television on and I woke up to a woman's hysterical screams and pleas for help. I was so disturbed by it that I remember mentioning to a co-worker the next day how scared I was after hearing it. I think I even remember her saying, "Don't touch me."

not the real call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member