Poll: Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

• Yes, and I have a POI in mind (and he's among those who can be talked about at WS)

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • Yes, and I have a POI in mind (though he's not presently among those who can be talked about here)

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Yes, I think she was, and I have some theories, but no specific person in mind.

Votes: 59 25.5%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "yes", she was murdered.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "no", she was not murdered.

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • No, I firmly believe (think) Shannan Gilbert was not murdered.

Votes: 27 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hackett repeatedly insisted to the press that he never called mari.

mari repeatedly insisted that he very well did call her...
and say all the rehab stuff and that he had shannan and she left with her driver.

hacket denied denied denied.

this video footage was filmed august 19, 2011.

the first 48 hours on hackett et al was aired i think july 12, 2011 or thereabouts.

hackett ended up admitting calling mari..cuz the police cornered him on his phone records. so then he's got no alibi - its right there on the phone records.

so he said he called mari and her sister sherre at the reqeust of alex diaz (shannan's bf) and michael pak (her driver)

this is old news.....not new news

But what was news to me was that there is a record of the first call to Mari and it was made from Mrs. CPH's CELLPHONE. Thought that was very interesting.

Det.Stephan wrote a letter to Newsday and said he heard the tape and he found no indications she thought her life was in peril.

Chief of Detectives Varrone said he did.

Who do you believe is telling the truth.

Let us say for argument sake that neither the above two heard the 23 minute 911 tape. Only knowing she left the house and made a 23 minute call to 911 what do you think the tone of that call was all about. Was SG exchanging recipes with the operator?

SG was still on the phone when she arrived at Colettis house. He said she was screaming and yelling help me. That would be on the 911 tape.

SG was still on the phone when she arrived at Colettis house. He said she was screaming and yelling help me. That would be on the 911 tape.

DET.STEPHAN CLEARY WROTE THAT HE HEARD NO SUCH SCREAMS FOR HELP.

This is I come in. I was a detective for most of my career in the NYPD. NO detective would issue such a letter if they weren't instructed to do so......unless they were a nut job. Det. Stephan, I have heard was a pretty good detective, and certainly not a nut job.

I think we can all agree that SG did make a very hysterical phone call to 911. Logic dictates that she did. The question is WHY did Stephan write such a ridiculous letter to Newsday. And who told him to do it. And for what reason?

Det.Stephan should have concerned himself with the murder of Peter Ghattas, on 9/24/03. There was no shortage of suspects in that case. Maybe somebody persuaded him not to look too hard for the killer. Maybe it was because one of the suspects was the neighbor of James Burke.

The guy gets killed outside of a major drug spot that sold heavy weight. A lot of people knew it, I knew it, but SCPD never seems to have known it. Maybe that was because Jim Burke's neighbor was running coke out of the place for several years.

DET.STEPHAN CLEARY WROTE THAT HE HEARD NO SUCH SCREAMS FOR HELP.

This is I come in. I was a detective for most of my career in the NYPD. NO detective would issue such a letter if they weren't instructed to do so......unless they were a nut job. Det. Stephan, I have heard was a pretty good detective, and certainly not a nut job.

I think we can all agree that SG did make a very hysterical phone call to 911. Logic dictates that she did. The question is WHY did Stephan write such a ridiculous letter to Newsday. And who told him to do it. And for what reason?

Det.Stephan should have concerned himself with the murder of Peter Ghattas, on 9/24/03. There was no shortage of suspects in that case. Maybe somebody persuaded him not to look too hard for the killer. Maybe it was because one of the suspects was the neighbor of James Burke.

The guy gets killed outside of a major drug spot that sold heavy weight. A lot of people knew it, I knew it, but SCPD never seems to have known it. Maybe that was because Jim Burke's neighbor was running coke out of the place for several years.

Probably paid his taxes on time.

Does anyone have a working link or copy of the letter Detective PantsOnFire wrote to Newsday?

You might be having a problem because you might need to be a Newsday subscriber to access the full version. I pasted it and opened it on the post site.

I really I no particular beef with the guy. he sounds like a pretty decent sort of guy who might go out of his way if he believes he is on the side of the angels.

During the trial of the SIL there was a document they wanted to discuss. Stephan created that document. Stephan's partner was called to testify about the document. The partner told the truth. He didn't even know why he was called. I figured it out later. What always troubled me is why didn't the call Stephan? It was a rush job for the DA as they got caught big time in a big lie. For all I know Stephan could have been on the North Pole and wasn't available..........or maybe the guy just couldn't be depended on to stay on course on the DA's railroad.

You might be having a problem because you might need to be a Newsday subscriber to access the full version. I pasted it and opened it on the post site.

I really I no particular beef with the guy. he sounds like a pretty decent sort of guy who might go out of his way if he believes he is on the side of the angels.

During the trial of the SIL there was a document they wanted to discuss. Stephan created that document. Stephan's partner was called to testify about the document. The partner told the truth. He didn't even know why he was called. I figured it out later. What always troubled me is why didn't the call Stephan? It was a rush job for the DA as they got caught big time in a big lie. For all I know Stephan could have been on the North Pole and wasn't available..........or maybe the guy just couldn't be depended on to stay on course on the DA's railroad.

I know if you have a beef with someone you don't hold back :D

While you wonder why they didn't call the detective to testify about the document in your sil's case, it's good that you clarified you didn't have any real problem with the guy - otherwise it might be assumed you had some bias against him before the letter.

I was able to see the letter in your link, thanks again.

Regarding the PGhattas murder... the possible people involved and their ties to... uhhh... :scared: :silenced:

I believe the letter speaks for itself. Stephan said he heard no desperation in her voice. The very idea she was on 911 for 23 minutes strongly suggests she was in a desperate state. Now we have heard former Chief of Detectives Varrone say she can be heard screaming only adds to what can be logically concluded. The fact they won't release the tape is only another indication they may be trying to hide something.

Fred and Edna - Follow the Yellow Brick Road you seem to be on now. Who knows where it will lead you. You might just understand why I am fascinated with the SIL case. I don't think we have scratched the surface. And all this came about because some stupid guys name Spota and Burke decided to frame a guy.

The FEDS have to STOP this nonsense of allowing serious criminals to be free when innocent people have to go to jail. If the FEDS can't protect the innocent then they aren't much good to anyone.

I believe the letter speaks for itself. Stephan said he heard no desperation in her voice. The very idea she was on 911 for 23 minutes strongly suggests she was in a desperate state. Now we have heard former Chief of Detectives Varrone say she can be heard screaming only adds to what can be logically concluded. The fact they won't release the tape is only another indication they may be trying to hide something.

Typically when evidence gets "lost" (in most legal History) the DA got paid off to lose it.

If all assertions are correct and necessary documents and 911 tapes/reports are not available bc they are truly "lost" (rather than under some sort of revue) then this could possibly point us to the higher echelon in the state/govt being an accomplice of sorts IMO.

Wayyyy off topic on this very derailed thread:

I've been reading about Robert Mayer who disappeared from Dix Hills, June 14. There's a thread on WS, and links from the RM Search Group FB page are being allowed. It appears his distraught wife is none too happy with SCPD, she posted this just this past Wednesday:

"so once again, I jump through hurdles and get MATERIAL evidence... and it sits.. and I wait... what part of a man is missing, for 6 WEEKS NOW, is not understood? What do I have to do to get answers? Why has my car been in processing for almost 6 weeks??!! Other evidence for almost 3 weeks?? I am done with the bureaucracy -- been waiting for a follow up call on important evidence since Wednesday, only to find that no one will be back until Monday! Oh, and did I mention that I should not place reward on CrimeStoppers until the end of the summer, because it is not convenient now, as people are taking their summer vacations?? I am tired of being patronized.. something needs to change!!!!"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/131468517059825

Wayyyy off topic on this very derailed thread:

I've been reading about Robert Mayer who disappeared from Dix Hills, June 14. There's a thread on WS, and links from the RM Search Group FB page are being allowed. It appears his distraught wife is none too happy with SCPD, she posted this just this past Wednesday:

"so once again, I jump through hurdles and get MATERIAL evidence... and it sits.. and I wait... what part of a man is missing, for 6 WEEKS NOW, is not understood? What do I have to do to get answers? Why has my car been in processing for almost 6 weeks??!! Other evidence for almost 3 weeks?? I am done with the bureaucracy -- been waiting for a follow up call on important evidence since Wednesday, only to find that no one will be back until Monday! Oh, and did I mention that I should not place reward on CrimeStoppers until the end of the summer, because it is not convenient now, as people are taking their summer vacations?? I am tired of being patronized.. something needs to change!!!!"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/131468517059825
Is there any thing about this guy's case that might be related to any of the key figures in either SG's case or GB4? Missing people on LI should all be looked at as it relates to this case...especially given the "suicides" of Unnamed LE, prominent people and the recent sting operations, IMO, of course.

This missing man case just doesn't seem right to me. Something is missing.

You have to believe the SCPD would not be so stupid to blow off a missing persons case given the controversy that was stirred up with SG. The cops tell the wife to hold off putting up a reward until the summer is over? The cops would be very defensive about blowing off a missing person case like this if they didn't have good reason to do so.

Why does the cell phone ping off on 110 in Melville and the car winds up at a LIRR train station in Deer Park? If somebody wanted the car to get lost why don't they just dump it in the Home Depot lot. It can get lost for at least several days.

Was the phone turned off or was the battery taken out. Why didn't the 'kidnappers' just take the phone and leave it on and throw it in a truck?

How does it happen that on the day he went missing he leaves his wallet home? Did he want to resist the temptation of using one of his credit cards.

You have to believe the SCPD would not be so stupid to blow off a missing persons case given the controversy that was stirred up with SG. The cops tell the wife to hold off putting up a reward until the summer is over? The cops would be very defensive about blowing off a missing person case like this if they didn't have good reason to do so.

Why does the cell phone ping off on 110 in Melville and the car winds up at a LIRR train station in Deer Park? If somebody wanted the car to get lost why don't they just dump it in the Home Depot lot. It can get lost for at least several days.

Was the phone turned off or was the battery taken out. Why didn't the 'kidnappers' just take the phone and leave it on and throw it in a truck?

How does it happen that on the day he went missing he leaves his wallet home? Did he want to resist the temptation of using one of his credit cards.

Definitely some weirdness in this case. I'm even confused as to the time of day when he was last seen.

Definitely some weirdness in this case. I'm even confused as to the time of day when he was last seen.

Could be a dirty cop picked him up for not having his ID/wallet on him after getting pulled over. Did he often drink and drive? Did he speed often?

I checked out all the FB docs re: R Mayer.
No one there reported seeing him leave the job site in Brooklyn.
Supposedly, a tip lead LE to Arrow Scrap metal...no one called LE from Arrow.
Phone is said to have last pinged (in one place at 12:15) at 2:15. was the 12:15 time a typo?

I'm guessing there was some receipt for what he bought or sold at the scrap metal place. Or LE is aware of something shady at Arrow and something in the car led them there.

The bike being missing is very interesting. Wonder if he left it somewhere...parked his car and rode off on the bike.

Did he always leave for work at 4:30 AM?
If the wife was asleep, how does she know what time he left?

Lots of questions.

I checked out all the FB docs re: R Mayer.
No one there reported seeing him leave the job site in Brooklyn.
Supposedly, a tip lead LE to Arrow Scrap metal...no one called LE from Arrow.
Phone is said to have last pinged (in one place at 12:15) at 2:15. was the 12:15 time a typo?

I'm guessing there was some receipt for what he bought or sold at the scrap metal place. Or LE is aware of something shady at Arrow and something in the car led them there.

The bike being missing is very interesting. Wonder if he left it somewhere...parked his car and rode off on the bike.

Did he always leave for work at 4:30 AM?
If the wife was asleep, how does she know what time he left?

Lots of questions.

I thought 2:15 was the time he was at the scrap yard, then these next two pieces of info really confuse me:

1) Phone dead/off 2:45

"Company records show that his cellphone was last pinged near Melville, which he was likely driving through on his way home, at 1:45 PM before going dead or being shut off at 2:45 PM."

http://www.longisland.com/news/07-17-13/dix-hills-man-robert-mayer-missing-for-over-a-month.html

2) Per NamUS the last time SEEN = 2:50

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/20818

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members