Possible lead in Susan Powell case, 8-18-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
jp....tic tic tic....in time lies come out and there is not a large enough bar of soap for your lies.

Prayers offered for the Coxes and for their grandsons; may they be returned to them SOON.

According to an Ely resident who posted on the Trib today:
"We live in Ely and I remember several months back (October?) that skeletal remains were found by some boys who were horn hunting. Nothing more was mentioned on this but I'm guessing that DNA testing can take a long time. Our community is small and I'm sure if she were a new neighbor, someone would have met her in the grocery store or while getting gas etc. "​

Source: Possible Lead in Susan Powell Case, Aug 18, 2011 - Salt Lake Tribune.

Sheer speculation: This could be it. A new search tomorrow, based on DNA results from those bones. Like I mentioned below, the University of Texas does it for free...but it takes at least 6-8 months. Bones exposed to the elements are particularly difficult to extract DNA from. We're still waiting for results, on another case.

I wish that were the case. Not likely going to happen anytime soon. WA State is the worst laws for any Grandparents rights cases! They will have to fight very hard to even get visitation. :banghead:

If Josh went to jail, who'd be left to battle for custody?

Two sets of grandparents.

Are you saying that NONE of the grandparents would have the rights to custody, and that custody would be given to the state? I don't think so. In fact, I believe if Josh went to jail, it would be pro-forma for the children to go to the Cox family.

I wish that were the case. Not likely going to happen anytime soon. WA State is the worst laws for any Grandparents rights cases! They will have to fight very hard to even get visitation. :banghead:

WA has the worst rights for any parents. If tere';s child abuse they immediately think it's a lie. Even if abuse is reported and documented fathers or abusive still get unsupervised visitation. WA has serious problems IMHO.

If Josh went to jail, who'd be left to battle for custody?

Two sets of grandparents.

Are you saying that NONE of the grandparents would have the rights to custody, and that custody would be given to the state? I don't think so. In fact, I believe if Josh went to jail, it would be pro-forma for the children to go to the Cox family.

Thanks !! I sure hope that's the case. I know the family has some strong legal counsel, and I am hoping it goes that way for them. If the God's are looking down upon the Cox family, as I feel they are - it will go there way in this latest issue with the POI and his creepy dad.

This case has been such a roller-coaster ride. I live near the involved here in WA, and I am a huge supporter of justice for Susan and peace for her family!

I can't remember if the FBI is involved or not. But I hope they are watching Joshys every movement and Daddy of Joshy.

Mr. Cox says he is going to court next week on the restraining order. If Susans' remains are found, and JP is arrested, I see no problem with the Cox family being given custody of the kids....without JP being arrested, the Cox family have to play by whatever rules Josh says they have to, don't they?

The restraining order is such a joke.

I have this image of the Powells being a bunch of rats, holed up in their rat den. If anyone stumbles upon their den, they lash out with their sharp little rat teeth. But at the end of the day, they're just rats - ugly, largely-powerless, little vermin.

I hope this lead pans out, and Susan's remains are found, so she can be laid to rest.
As for the custody issue, I don't know what the laws are, but here in Texas it is a battle for grandparents to even get visitation rights. If Josh is arrested, the boys will more than likely stay with his parents, so as to keep them in familiar surroundings. But the maternal grandparents should be able to get visitation, at least. A lot depends on the judge. I feel for these two little boys, they must miss their mother dearly.

Wonder why news of this search was made public; either the media got wind of it, or they want someone to know they are close?

Mr. Cox says he is going to court next week on the restraining order. If Susans' remains are found, and JP is arrested, I see no problem with the Cox family being given custody of the kids....without JP being arrested, the Cox family have to play by whatever rules Josh says they have to, don't they?

I'm stymied as to why would the judge have signed it?

I can not believe someone on that site posted that they found her body (info he got from a friend at the sheriff's office) and they identified her by a tattoo or mark.

Srsly? Her body would be a skeleton by now.

I seriously believe that's a troll. I can't find ANY description of Susan Powell that includes a birthmark or tattoo. Wouldn't it be on the posters?

All we know, right now, is that bones were found near Ely, some months ago.

I seriously believe that's a troll. I can't find ANY description of Susan Powell that includes a birthmark or tattoo. Wouldn't it be on the posters?

All we know, right now, is that bones were found near Ely, some months ago.

I agree ... a troll.

My point was he was saying they said it was her because of a tattoo or mark on the body and since she has been missing for close to 2 years there would be no skin left. It would just be bones. I can't believe people over there are not using their heads.

Really hoping and praying that something comes from this. It doesn't make sense for the police to publicly announce their search unless they are pretty sure of a "positive" outcome.

Wonder why news of this search was made public; either the media got wind of it, or they want someone to know they are close?

WVC PD sent out a press release this morning, to the media.
I'm sure there's "method to their madness" .... because they've never made such an announcement in this case, before.

Remember the Laci Peterson case? Scott Peterson was already in custody, before we heard that Laci's remains had been positively ID'd.

Praying they found Susan and finally bring her home to her family and arrest Josh Powell and put him away for the rest of his natural life- please let it be true- amen

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59
Back