Prosecutors won't seek death penalty UPDATE Or will they?#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And even if she's in "protective custody," she's pretty much guaranteed a lifetime of heckling and abuse by other prisoners. So many women there wishing they could see their babies...I doubt she'd make even one friend. :woohoo:

The perfect scenario, in my head, would involve her cellie being a rather large woman who is in prison for PROTECTING her child from someone else trying to harm them...

Hey, I can wish...:angel:

And even if she's in "protective custody," she's pretty much guaranteed a lifetime of heckling and abuse by other prisoners. So many women there wishing they could see their babies...I doubt she'd make even one friend. :woohoo:

Yup....IMO death is too good for KC. :mad:

The perfect scenario, in my head, would involve her cellie being a rather large woman who is in prison for PROTECTING her child from someone else trying to harm them...

Hey, I can wish...:angel:

Haha its not too far out there! Think of how many mothers have gotten into bad situations trying to provide for their families :mad:

Also, like everyone has said, if DP is on the table you have to worry about passionately pro-life jurors who just wouldn't ever support the DP. Even though sometimes there is the option for jurors to pick LWOP instead of DP, the actual "jury instructions" that are read are awfully complicated - personally I wouldn't want to risk it in this case, so I'm glad the SA did this.

The problem is without a clear mechanism of death that nagging question of accidental death would always be enough to sway a jury off the death penalty. Going for the straight up life wo parole is the more guaranteed path that will ultimately get the same results without the heavy gun lawyers and massive drain on the states checkbook.

Did anyone else see 60 Minutes Sunday night. They had a segment that some states are looking to abolish the death penalty because of cost. I have short-term memory loss (no really, from chemo) so I'm guestimating that the figures they gave were $1.4 for DP; $740,000 for LWOP. Since this might be a new move for cash-strapped states in the US, could this be a factor? MOO

Ya ya, life without paraole! Everyone will forget about her on the outside, except her parents, who drive her crazy anyway, and she'll find out finally, what her BS has come to cost.

Maybe she'll be found alone someday and what happened to Jeffrey Damer will happen to her too! Meanwhile, she can suffer day in and day out in a six by eight cell knowing that the rest of the world thinks she's a total piece of tripple wrapped garbage. Kiss Kiss.

Did anyone else see 60 Minutes Sunday night. They had a segment that some states are looking to abolish the death penalty because of cost. I have short-term memory loss (no really, from chemo) so I'm guestimating that the figures they gave were $1.4 for DP; $740,000 for LWOP. Since this might be a new move for cash-strapped states in the US, could this be a factor? MOO

I have heard this, GG.
The appeals process is so costly, it's cheaper just to let someone sit in jail. I'm not sure if cost is a factor here. I'm more inclined to believe that the SA is confident that (s)he can get LWOP, maybe not DP.

OK ~ Maybe no Death Sentence ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ B U T....................
one fine day............ 1 day.......... she will die..... and

she will .... KC will stand in front of GOD ...for JUDGEMENT D A Y ! ! !

so............
I'm ok with God handling that END for her.

* I just need the "TRUTH & EVIDENCE to show that the
correct person who killed Little ANGEL ~CAYLEE ~pay for causing
her death !

(& I do believe that that was her so/called/Mother = KC }
I believe it more than ever now that ALL the EVIDENCE
that LE is bringing forward...
and with ALL the MANY ~ MANY * LIES * upon *LIES*
Upon * L I E S *

So JB and the A's may think KC will Not get the DEATH SENTENCE
But
She Will Stand before GOD ALMIGHTY & Answer for Killing Her Daughter
God K N O W S ~THE TRUTH ~ H E ~ DID SEE WHAT TRANSPIRED !!!

JMO
jjgram

The other good news is Jose stays her #1 go to guy, if she were up for DP he would be moved to 2nd chair IIRC.

I've never seen an atty/client duo that deserved each other more. :cheerup:

I for one am thrilled with this discussion. Lethal injection is quick and painless and that is not at all what I wish for Casey. Quite the contrary actually, I wish her a very long and extremely painful death. So hu-rah for the prosecutors! Let the biotch suffer.

so............

* I just need the "TRUTH & EVIDENCE to show that the
correct person who killed Little ANGEL ~CAYLEE ~pay for causing
her death !

(& I do believe that that was her so/called/Mother = KC }
I believe it more than ever now that ALL the EVIDENCE
that LE is bringing forward...
and with ALL the MANY ~ MANY * LIES * upon *LIES*
Upon * L I E S *

So JB and the A's may think KC will Not get the DEATH SENTENCE
But
She Will Stand before GOD ALMIGHTY & Answer for Killing Her Daughter
God K N O W S ~THE TRUTH ~ H E ~ DID SEE WHAT TRANSPIRED !!!

JMO
jjgram

This post makes me so happy! :hug:

so............

Bolded and respctfully snipped by me.

I couldnt agree more with this!!

kinda O/T but we will be going through the murder trail of the man who killed my ex-husband and father of my children in May. Right now he is out on $100,000 of a 1 million dollar bond, while I understand it is his constitutional right, it really pi$$es me off! So, what you said about getting his in the very end is what gives me and my children comfort right now.

Bolded and respctfully snipped by me.

I couldnt agree more with this!!

kinda O/T but we will be going through the murder trail of the man who killed my ex-husband and father of my children in May. Right now he is out on $250,000 bond, while I understand it is his constitutional right, it really pi$$es me off! So, what you said about getting his in the very end is what gives me and my children comfort right now.

:blowkiss: :hug:
I'm sorry for what you and your children must be going through.
I love our country and our constitution, but I hate it that, so often, perps seem to have more rights than victims...

:blowkiss: :hug:
I'm sorry for what you and your children must be going through.
I love our country and our constitution, but I hate it that, so often, perps seem to have more rights than victims...

Thank you! I worry about the kids more than myself. It was their uncle that killed their dad.

(sorry for O/T again):angel:

Good. Let her spend an eternity thinking on what she has done...

I so agree. I wasn't fond of the death penalty to begin with. I am much happier with the idea of her growing old in a cell. Sorry, but I am.

I'm glad the SA is not going to pursue the DP. I have never been a supporter of it and less so when IL had a fiasco of inmates on DR who were innocent.

The other good news is Jose stays her #1 go to guy, if she were up for DP he would be moved to 2nd chair IIRC.

I've never seen an atty/client duo that deserved each other more. :cheerup:

That's right! Jose will be able to make even more of a fool of himself than he has already. :laugh: Let's face it, if he makes himself look so silly in these little motion hearings, imagine what it's going to be like at a month long trial...day in and day out. :footinmouth: I can't wait! :woohoo:

She's going to eventually die one day, obviously. So why not let her sit her growing-larger-by-the-day :behind: in prison for the rest of her life, thinking every single day about what a :loser: she is, only "having herself to comfort her" :boohoo:

I cannot wait to see the look on her face when the guilty verdit is read! :gavel:

Ok, I'm having way too much fun with the smilies :D

sniped

But besides that, I just don't want KC to get any more special attention. If she gets the DP, it just means appeals, more lawyers, more interest, more money wasted on her, more attention, another "special" area in prison, ect...Casey thrives on that attention, views herself as special and different...superior to others. And I really want to see her in prison treated like every other there. Just a number in a cell.

Totally agree.

Personally, I believe the evidence points to the state of Florida providing Casey with "three hots and a cot" for the rest of her natural life.

While the thought of KC spending the rest of her life in jail is what I think she deserves, I just hope the taxpayers aren't paying for her snacks and special requests? :rolleyes:

While the thought of KC spending the rest of her life in jail is what I think she deserves, I just hope the taxpayers aren't paying for her snacks and special requests? :rolleyes:

no people (strangers, even) put money into her commissary account.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup
Back