**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've turned off JavaScript and it's much better, scrolling and typing properly and no crashes (I'd become resigned to crashes since the video ads appeared).

My screen changed to the same as yours this afternoon. I find it tolerable, but cluttered. It looks too much like Facebook pages, which I do not use often for that reason. I personally would prefer to not have so many columns on all the pages if possible. Do we really need the left column with settings on every page? I believe all of that can be accessed via other buttons at the top... am I right? (settings, notifications, etc).

Anyway, JMO

ETA:
(have to add this last because I cannot go back and edit.... and cannot see to insert it where it belongs). :

I added two screen shots of what my edit page looks like. It is the ENTIRE page of the forum, I think. No clue where that came from. FWIW, I am on an iPad.)

Yikes! When I came here to edit my post and add a sentence, my post was split in two with a HUGE image of the original poster's screen shot in the middle .... and what I am typing is way outside the margins so I can't even see what I am typing. Forgive any typos

The only way I can reply from my blackberry using the mobile skin is to right click the quote button to open in a new tab. If I open it in the same tab, everything is smooshed together, very hard to reply. Hard to explain, can't do a screen shot.

The only way I can reply from my blackberry using the mobile skin is to right click the quote button to open in a new tab. If I open it in the same tab, everything is smooshed together, very hard to reply. Hard to explain, can't do a screen shot.

Well that is an interesting and helpful tip. Thanks, Roselvr. It does look better doing this .... at least this time. (I don't use the mobile skin, too small for my eyes to read with it)

How do I get rid of the centered posts?? Kind of difficult to read posts that way...

Any suggestions? TIA!

While I understand and accept the nature of the changes, a page like New Posts is now so truncated that barely a half-dozen words are viewable on the thread title line. This is a drawback for those who attempt to devise informative titles. Many times, threads are rendered unidentifiable. Thus, this is especially a drawback for new users of the site.

And my question is -- could not a second line be added beneath? or the typeface made smaller to allow for more information? both?
Looking good now. Thank you!

View attachment 104480 Thos is new posts on and ipad. Typing is completely gitchy and slow on iPhone and iPad

ETA it took half an hour to post this, but typing is much better on the edit screen, which tells me there's something odd going on. The typing issue is a delay between typing and the text showing in the text box.

Same here, iPad and safari. Never had trouble till this happened.

I don't know if others are having much trouble when typing a post, but I am this week. If I go back in my post to correct a spelling error (before sending) it sometimes goes to the beginning word of my post when I backspace or jumps into another section of my post and inserts where I don't want it.

Using ipad.

I'm finding that often when I quote a post then suddenly my space bar doesn't work. It just types a long stream of letters and I have to go back and put spaces in between. ( I post on a pc using chrome browser)

I don't know if others are having much trouble when typing a post, but I am this week. If I go back in my post to correct a spelling error (before sending) it sometimes goes to the beginning word of my post when I backspace or jumps into another section of my post and inserts where I don't want it.

Using ipad.

Spellbound, try turning off JavaScript in safari.

Spellbound, try turning off JavaScript in safari.
Thanks, but I am on an ipad... should I turn it off? Won't that affect my other sites?ETA..... I turned JavaScript off on my ipad, and it is letting many sites open up FAST, that previously would take forever. Thank you so much. Paula88. You may have cured my woes. Only time will tell. (but it put my ETA up with my previous writing, did not separate the paragraphs, and won't let me use emoticons)

Thanks, but I am on an ipad... should I turn it off? Won't that affect my other sites?ETA..... I turned JavaScript off on my ipad, and it is letting many sites open up FAST, that previously would take forever. Thank you so much. Paula88. You may have cured my woes. Only time will tell. (but it put my ETA up with my previous writing, did not separate the paragraphs, and won't let me use emoticons)

Yep, I was just about done with websleuths, couldn't post, threads kept reloading, etc...Just turn it back on when you're cruising the Internet so you can have full effect, and for gmail. There's no secuity risk in turning off.

ETA, You won't have full interface like emoticons, sorry. I don't know why this started happening (I'm on a iPad also) but, many on WS are having same problems.

I am totally confused! On my iPad, and having the same problems as mentioned above. After backspacing, everything goes whacky where it backspaces at its own command, be it 3 letters or 9 letters. Only the iPad knows. After this, the keys typed do not appear on the page immediately, it is as if they are held in suspension then released.

This is crazy and only happening on WS.

In my opinion, the list on the right is redundant as to what we see on the New Posts page! It takes up one-third of my viewing space on what I have chosen to read, squashes it together, as well as making small words jumping up in the right corner of my eye.

I do not like this new format. It is not easy to read, it is hard on eyes. It is safe to say that a good number of members are past the forty age range at which age reading computers starts becoming more difficult. Add to this, many members are in their fifty and sixties, so this new format is a great headache inducer.

May we please see some changes?

I am totally confused! On my iPad, and having the same problems as mentioned above. After backspacing, everything goes whacky where it backspaces at its own command, be it 3 letters or 9 letters. Only the iPad knows. After this, the keys typed do not appear on the page immediately, it is as if they are held in suspension then released.

This is crazy and only happening on WS.

In my opinion, the list on the right is redundant as to what we see on the New Posts page! It takes up one-third of my viewing space on what I have chosen to read, squashes it together, as well as making small words jumping up in the right corner of my eye.

I do not like this new format. It is not easy to read, it is hard on eyes. It is safe to say that a good number of members are past the forty age range at which age reading computers starts becoming more difficult. Add to this, many members are in their fifty and sixties, so this new format is a great
headache inducer.

May we please see some changes?

All you have to do is go into your settings and turn off JavaScript when you're useing WS.

I don't like the new format either. I don't see the point of it. I'm bummed.

To Paulas88, Thank you for the information.

However, I am a bit technical challenged, therefore, how do I turn off JavaScript? TIA.
:blushing:

To Paulas88, Thank you for the information.

However, I am a bit technical challenged, therefore, how do I turn off JavaScript? TIA.
:blushing:

I can help you. Click your iPad settings (it is a gray icon on your home/main screen). Find "Safari" on the left; click it. scroll down the right to find "Advanced". click that. Turn off Java by clicking the green button --- it will become empty. Java is now off. close your settings page.

Some sites need Java, so you will have to turn it back on for them by doing the same thing, only click the Java button on/green for "on"

I no longer have any pages with three columns of stuff. Thanks!

Glad I found this page and see several people are having the same issues I have.

I'm online ALL THE TIME. For some reason, Websleuths causes my browser to freeze up. The site itself will frequently reload with prompting. More often, the pages just totally freeze up.

<Modsnip>

I'm finding that often when I quote a post then suddenly my space bar doesn't work. It just types a long stream of letters and I have to go back and put spaces in between. ( I post on a pc using chrome browser)

This is an easy fix. When you start to post look in the lower right-hand corner of your post. You'll see it says "Go Advanced". Click on that and then post. It should make the problem go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member