Rant ABOUT THE CASE Here #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get frustrated, and I am not certain why, when Caylee is referred to as a "tot". It seems so impersonal or somemthing, to me, at least. There have been other young children to go missing, and I can't remember them being referred to as a "tot". I wonder how that got started.

Words have such power, don't they? There are certain buzz words that journalists/newscasters use to evoke emotion (such as shock) in the listener. In crime reporting, "tot" is often used in connection with crimes against very young children. It sounds so "tabloid" and impersonal that it makes me cringe when I hear it. Another crime related word that never fails to give me the creeps is "torso"--so depersonalizing. :eek:

A quote from Scott Maxwell's column in today's Orlando newspaper really sums up much about how I feel about this case.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/columnists/orl-maxwell0109jan01,0,1730599.column

Caylee Anthony also inspired many to respond with prayers and offers of help.

But far too many of us used Caylee's tragedy for entertainment, profit and as a distraction. The media. The lawyers. But also millions of Americans riveted by the trashy TV segments and hosts that reveled in half-naked pictures of Caylee's mother more than they focused on the little girl who never got the fairy-tale childhood that all little girls deserve.

Think about all the time wasted in front of TVs, inconsequential "news" stories and computer keyboards, expressing outrage over the obvious and glorifying gossip about the irrelevant. At the end of the day, none of it helped find the girl. A determined meter reader did that.

What if, instead, that time had been focused on our families, our communities -- or even on behalf of the many children who aren't missing but who are being denied their own fairy-tale lives because of abuse, neglect or poverty?

We should remember that.

I think about those with TV shows and others who insert themselves as experts under the guise of public service, yet wonder of their true motives. Lawyers whose actions tend to suggest milking the case for personal benefits rather than just doing their jobs. Those are the things that upset me. What does it all matter? A young child has lost her life.

I count myself, driving by my own curiosity, as adding to the fuel by clicking on those links that encourage the media to keep this case front page and center. But what about all the others young and old who tragically lost their lives this past year yet did not make the front page. Lives lost that have mostly gone unnoticed. And that give me pause for sorrow.

Things like memorials and the search for vengeance only help soften the blow. But a young child has still lost her life and nothing can change that.

What true benefit has or may come from any of this? Perhaps to fuel the motivation to prevent these types of things from happening in the future. It is a dream that can never be fully realized because while there are many good things that happen in life, bad things will always happen.

Perhaps we have a society have made positive strides, it is impossible to truly measure. My mostly positive outlook makes me feel as though we have but it is a never ending journey.

I have lived for many years on this earth, yet this case has taught me much about human nature both good and bad. Perhaps that is the benefit I take from it all. But a young child has lost her life, nothing I can do can change that. And for that I feel helpless.

I had to think about this carefully - there are general rants about the case - how could Casey do this or that - how could the A's do this or that - yeah it chaps my hide, but why get worked up over it - I can't change it nor can I alter what has happened or how they act now or in the future

WHAT does bother me - and after reading Trish's sticky post about 'the self proclaimed professionals' that come on the board - I have to agree with that whole heartedly - I'm tired of the condensending tone of the board, it's all over the place and it makes so many threads unbearable

Everyone has an opinion, from the smallest rant or observation to a much bigger one - and because they that opinion to be admonished, berated or for some to be so rude is hard to swallow.

I know it's a rant about the case UNTIL we can get past all the pettiness on the board it will just get worse

The case has a lot to rant about - I think I would rant about the attorney's - defense, A's and now Lees

Id like to rant about all the full immunity requests to LE just to get someone to talk - in my opinion if someone wants full immunity then they are guilty of something

Okay full rant over

I've spent so much time defending George & Cindy if I find out for sure they not only knew she was dead but knew where Caylee was I'll be fit to be tied!:furious:

Words have such power, don't they? There are certain buzz words that journalists/newscasters use to evoke emotion (such as shock) in the listener. In crime reporting, "tot" is often used in connection with crimes against very young children. It sounds so "tabloid" and impersonal that it makes me cringe when I hear it. Another crime related word that never fails to give me the creeps is "torso"--so depersonalizing. :eek:

Yes, they do! Glad to know there is someone else out there who understands! :blowkiss:

Another word tiewraps.....I am sure that GA had them he was so organized and such...Casey could have picked them up...The second best thing to duct tape in my house is tie wraps....AND that REALLY BOTHERS ME......

THREADS are disappearing right and left - what the heck is happening? Color me confused

I've spent so much time defending George & Cindy if I find out for sure they not only knew she was dead but knew where Caylee was I'll be fit to be tied!:furious:

That is what I said to my husband this morning. I tend to be very cynical about people, it would figure I gave the benefit of the doubt to these two and it is going to turn out that they knew she was dead, knew where the body was, would have destroyed the evidence they were looking for if they had found it, and have just been making money for the last 6 months.

IMMUNITY! Everyone wants immunity - it's making this sound like it's been a group effort! From body guards, bounty hunters, detectives, family, lawyers, etc. Did ALL these people have a hand in this crime? If thats so then the jails and courts will be very busy with new inmates!

Please everyone forgive my rant tonight, but I must get it out. I apologize in advance for sounding selfish.
Tonight, I made a long distance call to my nephew whom is 20 years old, for the last time before he goes to Iraq. He is expected to fly out on the 6th. This child taught me how to be a mother, when I was only a child myself. I was intrigued with him, and my sister trusted me to help care for him at the ripe age of 11 years old. He taught me how to be a mother.:beats:
I can't tell you how it pisses me off that my nephew is days away from going into one of the most dangerous cities in Iraq to fight for the freedom that CAsey does not deserve. I am mad, mad, that she sits in jail right now, with air conditioners, showers, a bed, and all the protection in this world, when people I love are being sent into war. Yes, I know it was their choice to choose this path, but it was also Casey's to choose the path that led her to jail. Tonight, I hate that people who harm children have any rights whatsoever!!!!!!:furious:
Sometimes I wish that criminals were punished by making them enlist in the military and have them fighting for their own damn rights..:furious:

Me too I still dont believe they knew but, If they knew per their PI and still went on LKL saying things about NG and the detectives and basically saying it was nothing more than a witch hunt I will lose all respect for them that being said I would never want the pain the are going through

I second that!! When are we going to see more docs already...

Probably not until the trial - supposedly in March - I'm thinking if Baez is going to petition for another venue then it won't be until summer

i working under the assumption that we will have another dump in the next two weeks...prosecution has a deadline of monday (1/5) to produce more discovery to the defense - once they do that most of it becomes public info - due to sunshine act.

carry on.

i working under the assumption that we will have another dump in the next two weeks...prosecution has a deadline of monday (1/5) to produce more discovery to the defense - once they do that most of it becomes public info - due to sunshine act.

carry on.

I hope you are right. :)
:dance::Jumpie:

:praying:

carry on.

Thats the autopsy report, photos and crime scene photos and specs - we won't see that stuff at all - we might never see it, not even in trial - most trials will not have the camera on those photos - so unless someone gets the photos illegally, that might be the only way we will see that info

If there are other things that aren't pertinent for trial then we could see that

i dont particularly want to see autopsy report or photos... :blushing:

...one can still hope for a decent dump...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member