Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many men convicted of Rape. It is done everyday after it is proven to be true. All I want is some proof of the allegations.

Let's assume all of these alleged victims stories will be matched up to dates, Cosby's whereabouts during those times, or he admits to consensual sex, what proof are you asking for? And let's pretend there is no SOL problem...and the alleged victims all give LE statements and court testimony. And let's even pretend that he had access to some drug that can be used to incapacitate a victim (See date rape drugs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape_drug) but he has a prescription. Because if this were Joe Schmoe and had the same # of alleged victims, who could match up dates, times, whereabouts to the perpetrator, perpetrator claims consensual sex it still comes down to he said/she said. Where will you go with that because it will come down to who you believe and some people are more comfortable really believing there is some grand agenda to character assassinate a man accused of rape or it's really financial motivated or the alleged victims misunderstood than just to actually believe the victims were raped and guy is committing crimes. Do these hypo facts/proof make it easier now to answer ...or does it still come down to their testimonies?

Imo there are women who are conditioned to believe that certain things are okay, when other women and men believe it's not or it's criminal under the law, I'm thinking someone like Mama June (didn't she have sex when she was a minor but didn't necessarily see the problem, IDK if that's right, so feel free to correct, see http://www.etonline.com/news/153918..._at_12_dated_men_their_20s_and_30s_as_a_teen/). Individuals perceptions on what is a sexual violation is different and some people are not self-aware/confident enough to fight against the crime or know it is a crime. Imo some are too focused on the a celebrity being accused of rape, instead thinking about this as a man being accused of drugging and raping multiple women. I don't care he's BC, I care whether or not a criminal has been allowed for over 40 years to violate and drug women without consent. That is a danger to society and should be investigated (assuming allegations true). And we as a society should figure out a way to NOT let these criminals slip through the cracks, so that they essentially get a free pass because SOL has run (again assuming allegations true).

And just an example of Hollywood conditioning women to think certain things are normal, when it's not...Thadie Newton's story on meeting with director's group about a role and her degrading experience.

I was abused as a teenager on the director's casting couch, reveals Hollywood star Thandie Newton
Published: 18:36 EST, 14 February 2013 | Updated: 11:26 EST, 15 February 2013
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-casting-couch-I-teenager.html#ixzz3LM6THGvd

‘The View's’ Rosie O'Donnell Receives Private Message From New Bill Cosby Accuser

The Wrap By Ryan O'Connell 2 hours ago

Rosie O'Donnell revealed on Monday's “The View” that a woman claiming to have been sexually assaulted by Bill Cosby recently reached out to her directly in order to tell her alleged story of abuse.

...“I got a private message from one of the Bill Cosby accusers,” O'Donnell said. “Twenty-six women now have accused Bill Cosby. One of them wrote me privately. She is an older woman in her 70s and she lives in the Southwest and she has never been on camera and she was saying she knows at least one is true. Her. And she has sought no financial gain and wants no attention. So it's interesting that people who do come forward are sometimes seen as people having an alternate agenda.”

Read more: https://tv.yahoo.com/news/views-rosie-odonnell-receives-private-message-bill-cosby-184300468.html

Bill Cosby performance in Iowa postponed indefinitely

APDecember 8, 2014, 5:31 PM

An Iowa venue says a Bill Cosby performance scheduled for next year has been postponed indefinitely.

The Des Moines Civic Center said Monday it notified ticketholders that they will receive a refund for the planned March 7 concert.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-cosby-performance-in-iowa-postponed-indefinitely/

Sicko Bill Cosby really no different than those pedophile priests — a man incalculably more powerful than his victims

In mounting rape allegations against comic, where there's smoke there's liars
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Saturday, December 6, 2014, 10:34 PM

Bill Cosby played a doctor on TV and mugged in Jell-O commercials like a cutesy kid, but in real life he apparently was as violent and as vile as a protected, pedophile priest.

Because Cosby is, in reality, no different from those obscure priests — a man incalculably more powerful than his victims; a man who costumed his savagery in the safe, harmless garb of an innocent.

But Cosby is not an innocent, nor is he innocent — probably not of the rapes and sexual assaults of which he is accused, and definitely not of the hoax he perpetrated upon the world. Where there’s smoke, there’s liars.

...Accuser Judy Huth says she was only 15 when Cosby drugged and raped her there. Cosby’s professional cleanup man, Matt Hiltzik then put out a story that Huth had later been in trouble with the law. Who wouldn’t be troubled after being raped at 15? Cause, meet effect.

Only sick, repulsive predators invite a child into such a place, and only the sickest and most depraved then drug and rape that child.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/sicko-bill-cosby-no-pedophile-pr-article-1.2036547

LAPD will search Playboy mansion over Cosby's alleged rape of 15-year-old - as Hugh Hefner distances himself from former best buddy Bill

Published: 12:30 EST, 7 December 2014 | Updated: 08:33 EST, 8 December 2014

The Los Angeles Police Department plans to visit Hugh Hefner's famous Playboy mansion as part of an investigation into allegations Bill Cosby sexually assaulted a 15-year-old there in 1974.

Police are hoping Hugh Hefner, long a dear friend of the embattled 77-year-old comic, and his people will be of some help as they seek to gather evidence in the case forty years after the alleged assault.

The first step in the investigation, law enforcement sources told TMZ over the weekend, is to try to verify whether Cosby and his accuser Judy Huth were at the famed mansion when Huth says Cosby assaulted her.

...Hefner and Cosby have been friends for years, but with more allegations coming forward every single day of woman claiming they were drugged and raped by Cosby, Hefner seems to have put his foot down.

The head of Playboy issued a statement saying, 'Bill Cosby has been a good friend for many years and the mere thought of these allegations is truly saddening.

He then added, 'I would never tolerate this kind of behavior, regardless of who was involved.'

...Masten said she told her supervisor at the Playboy club soon after the alleged assault, only to be told: 'You know that's Hef's best friend, right?', referring to Playboy founder Hugh Hefner.

Masten recalled: 'I said, 'Yes.' She said, 'Well, nobody is going to believe you. I suggest you keep your mouth shut'.'

(BBM)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2864459/LAPD-search-Playboy-mansion-investigate-allegations-Cosby-assaulted-girl-15-1974-Hugh-Hefner-distances-former-best-bud-Bill.html

Looks like even BC's "best friend" Hugh Hefner is ready to drop him without proof in a court of law. IMO HH should also be held accountable as an accessory. You can't tell me ole' Hef didn't know what BC was up to.

Yeah, HH is really a big bar for me to ponder.... Sorry, that means little to me. I am sure that there is all kinds of illegal things that went on there that he seemed not to see...

And all this second hand third hand recounting...

And what are they searching for 30 years later???

Just because she may have been there does not prove she was attacked by anyone.

I am still flabbergasted by the jump on board attitude of everyone when no one has been brought to trial or convicted.

I can see that some would be pondering the allegations but I certainly hope that those who are just so sure this is all right would want the same kind of judgment against them.

Until I see evidence that corroborates these stories, or a conviction, I won't convict someone in the court of public opinion.

We are ALL pondering the allegations. Isn't that what this thread is about?

I, for one, am not "jumping on board". I'm not agreeing with the "majority opinion" just to agree, which is what "jumping on board" means to me. I am reading all information published, and gathering as much information as I can, and making my own decision about what I believe. I am not a juror; just an ordinary person who has the capability to evaluate information to form my own opinion. No, I have not seen "physical evidence", but I don't need to to form an opinion. I am not "convicting" him, as only the justice system can do that. I'm just leaning towards believing the (now) 26 women instead of Cosby.

If my opinion happens to be the same as those "on board", then so be it.

No one is asking you to "convict" him in the court of public opinion; is there even such a thing? You are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. But you are taking sides; just not the same side as many of us. To believe one side, you have to disbelieve the other. We are all doing that when we lean more in one direction.

'Nuf said.

I, for one, am not "jumping on board". I'm not agreeing with the "majority opinion" just to agree, which is what "jumping on board" means to me. I am reading all information published, and gathering as much information as I can, and making my own decision about what I believe. I am not a juror; just an ordinary person who has the capability to evaluate information to form my own opinion. No, I have not seen "physical evidence", but I don't need to to form an opinion. I am not "convicting" him, as only the justice system can do that. I'm just leaning towards believing the (now) 26 women instead of Cosby.

No one is asking you to "convict" him in the court of public opinion; is there even such a thing? You are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. But you are taking sides; just not the same side as many of us. To believe one side, you have to disbelieve the other. We are all doing that when we lean more in one direction.

'Nuf said.

Using "Jumping on the bandwagon" and "on board" are really just dismissive tactics and not really helpful to the case/allegations or reflect anyone's opinion on this board. jmo and fyi you are definitely not if it was suggested at all.

Yeah, HH is really a big bar for me to ponder.... Sorry, that means little to me. I am sure that there is all kinds of illegal things that went on there that he seemed not to see...

And all this second hand third hand recounting...

And what are they searching for 30 years later???

Just because she may have been there does not prove she was attacked by anyone.

BBM - True, but it would corroborate part of her story, wouldn't it?

Gee, I had not known that Hef and Cos were buds. What do you reckon they had in common?

'Nuf said.

Nuf' said?

okay..

There is another option besides one is guilty or one is lying. At this point I am not ready to believe anything without some corroborating evidence. I would not believe something people said about anyone without it especially after recently being burned when I was not as vigilant.
But the other option is waiting. I don't believe at this point that BC is guilty of anything but I am waiting to see if someone, anyone will produce real proof that any of this occurred. Something other than just an relaying of an alleged event from 15-40 years ago.

I can think of many cases where there has been a mass reporting or allegations that later turned out not to be true.

When it comes to burying a man's life there should be more than just an article or some people telling their story as they see it to a news outlet.

I feel like when people come out like this they know they can bury someone because there is nothing someone can do to stop the telling and they can make it seem as ugly as they want.

I'll wait to pass judgment on someone's life after I see some evidence that proves the allegations.

BBM - True, but it would corroborate part of her story, wouldn't it?
that she was there? Maybe. That she was there with Cosby? I have not seen proof of that.
I need proof that he was there with her the same night and then I can look at it.

:deadhorse::deadhorse: I need a better argument in order to defend BC.

LAPD detectives want to interview Bill Cosby over Judy Huth's assault allegations: report

Los Angeles cops are said to be seeking a sitdown with disgraced standup comic and television star Bill Cosby.

Detectives with the LAPD’s elite robbery homicide division will contact Cosby soon to request a formal interview concerning an allegation that he molested a 15-year-old girl inside the Playboy Mansion in 1974, TMZ.com reported Monday.

The interview would be voluntary, and Cosby, who has been accused of drugging and raping nearly two dozen women, would most likely decline. But police have confirmed they opened an investigation of the alleged incident after Judy Huth, now 56, filed a report Friday night. Cops have a year to file charges, according to California law.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/lapd-detectives-interview-bill-cosby-report-article-1.2038463

The other option is to make people who accuse people to show proof that backs up their allegations. It is on them to prove it. Not the innocent to prove innocence.

Yeah but it seems it's on the women to prove their innocence re: the lying claims. I'm not willing to consider your story without proof, show me proof that you're not lying, or otherwise I'll dismiss everything you say.

that she was there? Maybe. That she was there with Cosby? I have not seen proof of that.
I need proof that he was there with her the same night and then I can look at it.

I think someone who is waiting to make a judgement would be open to the possibility that it could be true even if there is no proof.

I don't believe proof will be forthcoming, even if it's true. It's 40 years ago and who's going to remember whether they saw somebody on a particular night 40 years ago unless there was something very special about it. Seeing a young female at the Playboy mansion wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary I think, and the regular visitors would probably not be able to pin down a date anyway. "Yeah I remember seeing some blondes... was it a Monday in June? Friday in May? It was sometime in the seventies, that much I'm sure of..." If they were drinking memories could have been hazy the next day and everyone's memory is 40 years older now. Some eye witnesses are likely dead. If there's photos they might be hard to date. I'm pretty sure if there was security cam footage it's long gone by now.

Even if there's someone who saw her and knew who she was they might have their reasons for keeping quiet. It would not be a pleasant thing to get caught in this. They could have wives and greatgrandchildren and no desire to have the media delve into what they were up to at the Playboy mansion 40 years ago, particularly if it involved minors.

There's no one left who can provide proof about the dates and places where most teenagers were on most nights 40 years ago but everyone must have been somewhere doing something so at least some unproven claims are true.

Yeah but it seems it's on the women to prove their innocence re: the lying claims. I'm not willing to consider your story without proof, show me proof that you're not lying, or otherwise I'll dismiss everything you say.

I think someone who is waiting to make a judgement would be open to the possibility that it could be true even if there is no proof.

I don't believe proof will be forthcoming, even if it's true. It's 40 years ago and who's going to remember whether they saw somebody on a particular night 40 years ago unless there was something very special about it. Seeing a young female at the Playboy mansion wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary I think, and the regular visitors would probably not be able to pin down a date anyway. "Yeah I remember seeing some blondes... was it a Monday in June? Friday in May? It was sometime in the seventies, that much I'm sure of..." If they were drinking memories could have been hazy the next day and everyone's memory is 40 years older now. Some eye witnesses are likely dead. If there's photos they might be hard to date. I'm pretty sure if there was security cam footage it's long gone by now.

Even if there's someone who saw her and knew who she was they might have their reasons for keeping quiet. It would not be a pleasant thing to get caught in this. They could have wives and greatgrandchildren and no desire to have the media delve into what they were up to at the Playboy mansion 40 years ago, particularly if it involved minors.

There's no one left who can provide proof about the dates and places where most teenagers were on most nights 40 years ago but everyone must have been somewhere doing something so at least some unproven claims are true.

It's going to be difficult -- many of the ''witnesses'' could be dead! It was a long time ago ......

If your dad was accused of what Cosby is accused of, would you let your daughter or granddaughter be alone with him?

TIA!!!

H8ll No!!! My uncle molested me, I never let him get near my daughter!!!

Looks like even BC's "best friend" Hugh Hefner is ready to drop him without proof in a court of law. IMO HH should also be held accountable as an accessory. You can't tell me ole' Hef didn't know what BC was up to.

Huh?

HH was famous for orgy type environments with plenty of WILLING females! Using date rape drugs and having sex with unconscious/unwilling females is a completely different thing entirely. What Crosby allegedly did really crossed the line most especially because he surely did it for the power/abuse factor, that is far far different than the "free love" swinging lifestyles of HH types.

Without evidence I don't think it is at ALL fair to imply HH knew this was going on and turned a blind eye.

On a more technical note did Crosby use condoms each and every time? That seems hard to believe, but if he didn't then surely he would have gotten some of these females knocked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams