Raven is innocent!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Timex said:
The target could have been the home, and Janet just happened to be there. Personally, I dont think that's the case, but technically, it would still not be a random crime if so.
You think that's even an option? I think that the crime here is the murder. Because what other crime was committed in that house that's being reported on? None. The reports of a robbery are UNCONFIRMED.

ewwwinteresting said:
If that's the case, is that the way they would word it?
How do you think that it should be worded? It sounds very much like police jargon.

Jenifred said:
You think? I think that the crime here is the murder. Because what other crime was committed in that house that's being reported on? None. The reports of a robbery are UNCONFIRMED.
Yeah, I'm back on the merry-go-round again!:dance:

Jenifred said:
You think? I think that the crime here is the murder. Because what other crime was committed in that house that's being reported on? None. The reports of a robbery are UNCONFIRMED.

no, I dont think, thats why I said...

Originally Posted by Timex
The target could have been the home, and Janet just happened to be there. Personally, I dont think that's the case, but technically, it would still not be a random crime if so.

Jenifred said:
How do you think that it should be worded? It sounds very much like police jargon.
Oh, I don't know, something like further testing is needed to see if the vehicle is related to the homicide....but I am not LE and this could very well be standard police jargon....like I said, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

ewwwinteresting said:
Oh, I don't know, something like further testing is needed to see if the vehicle is related to the homicide....but I am not LE and this could very well be standard police jargon....like I said, maybe I'm reading too much into it.
I think that they are trying to be as ambiguous as possible so that conclusions aren't reached (they're doing a good job). Isn't it more ambiguous to say "determine the relationship between the car and the crime" than to say "if the vehicle is relate to the crime"? Maybe I've just joined you on the merry-go-round.

Timex said:
no, I dont think, thats why I said...

Originally Posted by Timex
Sorry, Timex!

golfmom said:
After police interviewed Raven Abaroa earlier on Thursday, they asked a judge for permission to search the vehicle for evidence a second time, the warrant said.

"Information disclosed during that interview has suggested that further scientific testing is needed to determine the relationship of the vehicle to the homicide," the warrant said.

So what could Raven have revealed to make LE think it wasn't random and that the vehicle needed to be searched a 2nd time to determine the relationship to the murder?

Hmm, keeping in mind that we don't even know if anything was missing, but maybe because something in the vehicle (a laptop?) was missing?

Was the side door on the side where the driveway is? Was someone breaking into the vehicle to get something, she heard a noise, went to the door to look, and thus the hypothesized initial altercation at the door? She's chased upstairs (carpet from stairs missing), perhaps to get to her baby, but is caught up to at the office bedroom. Or something like that. It's even possible in this scenario that she actually was conversing via email or instant message with a coworker, mentioned she heard something and was going to check, and her not coming back is what alarmed the coworker -- if that rumor turns out to be true.

These are all assumptions and unconfirmed, but good questions to think about I think. Bottom line is, we need more facts.

LvsAMystry said:
Was the side door on the side where the driveway is? Was someone breaking into the vehicle to get something, she heard a noise, went to the door to look, and thus the hypothesized initial altercation at the door? She's chased upstairs (carpet from stairs missing), perhaps to get to her baby, but is caught up to at the office bedroom.
I believe the side door is in the side where the driveway is. I don't remember any samples being taken from the stairs?? My guess would be that the landlord replaced all the carpet, painted, etc. to get ready for a new tenant. I'm sure if there was blood all over the office floor and wall, imo, LE would have tracked it up and down the stairs.

LvsAMystry said:
Hmm, keeping in mind that we don't even know if anything was missing, but maybe because something in the vehicle (a laptop?) was missing?

Was the side door on the side where the driveway is? Was someone breaking into the vehicle to get something, she heard a noise, went to the door to look, and thus the hypothesized initial altercation at the door? She's chased upstairs (carpet from stairs missing), perhaps to get to her baby, but is caught up to at the office bedroom. Or something like that. It's even possible in this scenario that she actually was conversing via email or instant message with a coworker, mentioned she heard something and was going to check, and her not coming back is what alarmed the coworker -- if that rumor turns out to be true.

These are all assumptions and unconfirmed, but good questions to think about I think. Bottom line is, we need more facts.
Anything is possible. But the released warrant indicates that soil samples were taken from the tires, fender and undercarriage of the vehicle. That means they were interested in where the durango had been that day. Soil samples can be taken in layers and forensic geologists can actually backtrack through those layers and (hopefully) determine a timeline of where the car had travelled and in what order. My guess is that LE took the samples trying to verify Raven's alibi of being at the soccer game.

juliagoulia said:
Anything is possible. But the released warrant indicates that soil samples were taken from the tires, fender and undercarriage of the vehicle. That means they were interested in where the durango had been that day. Soil samples can be taken in layers and forensic geologists can actually backtrack through those layers and (hopefully) determine a timeline of where the car had travelled and in what order. My guess is that LE took the samples trying to verify Raven's alibi of being at the soccer game.
And hopefully they checked ALL the vehicles!

Just thinking...If someone was watching the house and Janet. Planning to do this to her. Then that counts as "not random" right...

The murderer could have been a robber/rapest(I hope that didn't happen to her) in the neighborhood. Who had been watching her. (Jenifred found some information about this kind of thing happening in the Abaroa's neighborhood.)

I know what you are thinking...then the public would be in harm's way. But, what if the police know who this is and are following this person. Or have them in custody already. So, that's why they say...the public is in no danger...

That's an EXCELLENT hypothesis. We've all tried to tie in the coworkers and how they were involved. Your theory is the best I've seen yet.

LvsAMystry said:

Something about the vehicles that evening just does not compute for me.

I mean the initial seach warrant states clearly that when police arrived, there was one vehicle in the driveway. The gray Dodge Durango. Period.

Where were the other vehicles?

And, if we speculate that someone might have been trying to break into the Durango, for the laptop maybe, or something, then we make the presumption that the Durango was at the house....and Raven was not (presumably at the soccer game). That said, how did Raven get to and from the game? Maybe a friend picked him up and dropped him off?

Just more befuddling thoughts!

It could be that Raven was hiding the other vehicles to avoid them being repossessed. You think???

SouthEastSleuth said:
Something about the vehicles that evening just does not compute for me.

I mean the initial seach warrant states clearly that when police arrived, there was one vehicle in the driveway. The gray Dodge Durango. Period.

Where were the other vehicles?

And, if we speculate that someone might have been trying to break into the Durango, for the laptop maybe, or something, then we make the presumption that the Durango was at the house....and Raven was not (presumably at the soccer game). That said, how did Raven get to and from the game? Maybe a friend picked him up and dropped him off?

Just more befuddling thoughts!

NCBanker said:
It could be that Raven was hiding the other vehicles to avoid them being repossessed. You think???
It wouldn't surprise me, I know it's not uncommon for people behind on payments to do that sort of thing. Or, the vehicles could be in the same place as the PDA and other computer equipment, just not mentioned in what's been released, in police impound lots. I would like to know, I'm getting impatient here.

NCBanker said:

Unless I'm mistaken, someone posted that VX was parked SOMEWHERE with a for sale in the window. Was that you, Rooster, who shared that?

But even so, if that's the case, wouldn't you have it parked at HOME, with the for sale sign in the window?

And Janet had an Acura don't forget. No word on what happened with that car.

And, the infamous Ducati. We know he was trying to sell it, but no word on what actually transpired.

SouthEastSleuth said:
But even so, if that's the case, wouldn't you have it parked at HOME, with the for sale sign in the window?

From looking at the pictures of the neighborhood, I don't think it would have been a good idea to keep it parked at home if they were serious about selling it. The needed a high-traffic area and the home looks pretty much set back.

SouthEastSleuth said:
Unless I'm mistaken, someone posted that VX was parked SOMEWHERE with a for sale in the window. Was that you, Rooster, who shared that?

Maybe the place he had it parked got more traffic than his home road? Here, people trying to sell cars often park them in store parkinglots, so more people see the vehicle.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back