'Real Housewives' stars indicted on 39 counts of fraud

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wait, now I've confused myself. A resident alien must have a sponsor who is an American. Both parents couldn't be Italians living in the USA without citizenship. Unless one of them became a citizen but never followed through with Joe's paperwork. Or, he was sent here and taken in by an aunt or uncle who was a citizen and who raised him.

I know Jacquelyn's husband is Caroline's brother and Dina is her sister.

Dina used to be married to Caroline's husband Al's brother.

The Manzos aren't related at all to Theresa or either Joe. Theresa and Joe grew up neighbors in Italy.

Isn't Joe Giu. one of Carolyn's brothers? I watched the show the year before last and began watching it again this year. Several times I've wondered if Joe Giu. is related to anyone in particular on the show. Somehow I concluded that he is Carolyn's brother but guess I'm wrong. Joe has commented several times that he grew up with Melissa's Joe and that they were friends prior to becoming bils. I know Melissa's Joe and Teresa are brother and sister. Kathy is the cousin of Teresa and Joe Gorga. How is Carolyn related to these people? I know one of her brothers is married to Jacklyn who used to be Teresa's best friend. So, maybe Carolyn's group and Teresa's group aren't related through any family members.

Anyway, Teresa is delusional imo. She cannot see the error of her ways and is constantly tearing down her brother's marriage. Now I understand why. She isn't able to be honest about the state of her life and her marriage making it difficult for her to be happy for other people who aren't on the verge of destruction. Plus I believe several of them have drinking problems which only intensifies their problems.

About the citizen thingy and taxes. If Joe's situation is as Intermezzo describes, which I believe to be the most likely case, Joe would have a regular social security card/number, at least, as far as a regular person looking at it would know. The number itself may identify an alien resident status. He would live, work and pay taxes like anybody else. His driver's license would look like any other dl issued in NJ.

The temp citizen arrangement requires a person to move in and out of the U.S. at timed intervals thus renewing their visas or applying for reentry every time they come back in to stay for another period of time. I doubt he's been doing that all these years.

If he was born in Italy and came over with his Italian born parents, they or he needed to go through the naturalization process before he reached age 18 or, if older, like someone else said, go through the citizenship process.* It requires paperwork, time and money that someone wasn't willing or able to do for whatever reason.

*Please see my next post.

Wait, now I've confused myself. A resident alien must have a sponsor who is an American. Both parents couldn't be Italians living in the USA without citizenship. Unless one of them became a citizen but never followed through with Joe's paperwork. Or, he was sent here and taken in by an aunt or uncle who was a citizen and who raised him.

I don't watch the show and just assumed he came to the US and married Teresa...didn't know about his and his family's emigration.

I suppose we would have to know the year in which the family emigrated and then look at the Immigration Law that was in place at the time.

1921 to 1965 was the National Origins Formula Act which based immigration on quotas
In 1965 the Hart-Celler INS Act became law, it focused on family re-unification/relationship with US Citizens OR US Residents and on an immigrants skills
The Immigration Act of 1990 expanded and modified the 1965 Act which created the Diversity Immigrant Visa program (aka Green Card Lottery)
The 21st Century and the attacks on 9/11 have brought more changes to the Immigration Act..

:blushing: I confess, I really like learning about Immigration Law.
As a Canadian who lived in Italy as a child and more recently in the US for 10yrs before returning to Canada I find Immigration Law interesting..:blushing:

I know Jacquelyn's husband is Caroline's brother and Dina is her sister.

Dina used to be married to Caroline's husband Al's brother.

The Manzos aren't related at all to Theresa or either Joe. Theresa and Joe grew up neighbors in Italy.

Teresa was born in New Jersey according to Wiki. Her parents came to the US from Italy. Also pointed out is that Teresa met Joe in Paterson, NJ.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teresa_Giudice"]Teresa Giudice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I didn't know that Caroline Manzo and her sister, Dina, were once married to brothers. Several times on the show someone brought up that Caroline and Dina are estranged. I must have watched the first season because I remember Dina being on the show. Later I found an event planning/interior design show featuring Dina that I enjoyed watching. Wonder what happened between those two? Neither of them seem too dramatic or mean spirited imo.

For some reason, Teresa likes to promote her Italianness to the nth degree. Nothing is wrong with that but one of the slights she made against the Manzos was suggesting that they're not Italian enough or something like that. Weird imo. She has to recognize (but doesn't) that you don't have to diminish someone else when you're promoting yourself. Why do that?

There must be more to their collective stories - too much enmeshment and expectations put on one another and their inability to let disappointments go. Also the possibility that business partnerships between some of them went bad. That'll do it.

The topic of the thread involves serious, real crime though. It doesn't make me happy to know a family is being ripped apart. At the same time, it sounds as if their own decisions/choices are to blame - not as if it happened to them.

Teresa was born in New Jersey according to Wiki. Her parents came to the US from Italy. Also pointed out is that Teresa met Joe in Paterson, NJ.
Teresa Giudice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't know that Caroline Manzo and her sister, Dina, were once married to brothers. Several times on the show someone brought up that Caroline and Dina are estranged. I must have watched the first season because I remember Dina being on the show. Later I found an event planning/interior design show featuring Dina that I enjoyed watching. Wonder what happened between those two? Neither of them seem too dramatic or mean spirited imo.

For some reason, Teresa likes to promote her Italianness to the nth degree. Nothing is wrong with that but one of the slights she made against the Manzos was suggesting that they're not Italian enough or something like that. Weird imo. She has to recognize (but doesn't) that you don't have to diminish someone else when you're promoting yourself. Why do that?

There must be more to their collective stories - too much enmeshment and expectations put on one another and their inability to let disappointments go. Also the possibility that business partnerships between some of them went bad. That'll do it.

The topic of the thread involves serious, real crime though. It doesn't make me happy to know a family is being ripped apart. At the same time, it sounds as if their own decisions/choices are to blame - not as if it happened to them.

Oops, sorry... I meant their parents were neighbors.

I don't watch the show and just assumed he came to the US and married Teresa...didn't know about his and his family's emigration.

I suppose we would have to know the year in which the family emigrated and then look at the Immigration Law that was in place at the time.

1921 to 1965 was the National Origins Formula Act which based immigration on quotas
In 1965 the Hart-Celler INS Act became law, it focused on family re-unification/relationship with US Citizens OR US Residents and on an immigrants skills
The Immigration Act of 1990 expanded and modified the 1965 Act which created the Diversity Immigrant Visa program (aka Green Card Lottery)
The 21st Century and the attacks on 9/11 have brought more changes to the Immigration Act..

:blushing: I confess, I really like learning about Immigration Law.
As a Canadian who lived in Italy as a child and more recently in the US for 10yrs before returning to Canada I find Immigration Law interesting..:blushing:

The immigration reform laws are very complicated now. I'm not going to go into it but I have a personal story (not mine exactly) that was a real nightmare and spanned over seventeen years before it got sorted out. If you want to test your ability to stay sane while lost in a quagmire, get involved with the immigration office (especially before and after 911 combined). Make sure you have lots of otherwise unneeded money, paper and a good printer. Another test would be any involvement with the VA when trying to sort out a conflict. :notgood::maddening::pullhair::phone::waiting: :anguish: :sigh:

Intermezzo, if I may ask, when you lived in the US, what were you called?
I mean, did you have to leave the country and come back every four months or something like that? Work permit? As an adult or child? Government?

We lived in several other countries but were assigned by a system within the government. So, we knew where to go to get whatever we needed and our passports indicated we were there for an assignment and paperwork was provided, etc. Therefore, we didn't have to navigate everything ourselves all of the time. That can be hard!

Intermezzo, if I may ask, when you lived in the US, what were you called?
I mean, did you have to leave the country and come back every four months or something like that? Work permit? As an adult or child? Government?

We lived in several other countries but were assigned by a system within the government. So, we knew where to go to get whatever we needed and our passports indicated we were there for an assignment and paperwork was provided, etc. Therefore, we didn't have to navigate everything ourselves all of the time. That can be hard!

Work Permit.
The visa we initially had did require the children and I had to leave yearly, Not my husband, and follow the Entry/Exit requirements/I-94
That Visa is now valid for 3 years instead of 1 yr

My husband was employed by a US company but it was not a large one.

We did move to another class of non-immigrant visa but in order to get that visa we still had to leave the US in order to obtain it and then re-enter
It was a very lengthy process.

I learned quite a bit about the process as it pertained to what we were dealing with.

I think Bravo is considering cancelling the show because:

1. Teresa is the "face" of the Real Housewives of New Jersey.

2. The whole cast are a bunch of crooks. Jacqueline and Chris Laurita are also involved in a lawsuit, that is potentially worse than the Guidice mess. The Lauritas, along with a few others, allegedly bled out Signature Apparel LLC (think Jay-Z's Rocawear) to the tune of $55 million, enriching themselves.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...-clothing-company-real-housewives-new-jersey/

http://www.realitytea.com/2012/11/0...7-million-bankruptcy-suit-against-her-family/

Photo op:

Teresa Giudice, husband Joe Giudice enjoy beach vacation despite facing fraud charges

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...each-vacation-article-1.1417748#ixzz2bANOdk6f

It could be one of the last beach vacations that they have as a family for a Long time.
That smile on Teresa's face looks forced. She deals with her problems by not dealing with them and shoving them under the rug,but the stress could be getting to her, because it isn't Just Joe now!!

Judge Grants ‘Real Fraudwife’ Teresa Giudice & Husband Permission To Leave New Jersey — For Nightclub Appearance!
Radar Online

"In a move bound to draw criticism from those who think there is a two-tiered system of justice, the woman dubbed the “Real Fraudwife” — Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice — has been granted special permission to leave her home state, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned."

+

"“My client is allowed to leave the New York/New Jersey area, if she gives the court notice, 72 hours before traveling and gets approval. She is in full compliance with terms of her bond,” Teresa’s attorney, Henry Klingemen, told Radar."

Prosecutor Rejected Giudice Plea Bargain Offer BEFORE Court — Teresa Would Have Skated, Joe Served Jail Time
Radaronline

"All the begging and crying in the world isn’t going to help Teresa Giudice win her legal battle because RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that the prosecutor shot down the plea deal her team offered where she wouldn’t have to serve any jail time.

“Teresa and Joe’s defense team submitted a plea deal on Wednesday but the US Attorney denied it,” a source close to the situation said.

“Teresa wanted a plea deal that keeps her out of jail so she offered to do anything else BUT jail time and have Joe serve all of the time in jail. The prosecutor dismissed the deal outright.”"

More...

Feel so very sorry for their Children. Theresa and Joe. Not so much :banghead:

I think she just lives in denial. She denies her husband's infidelity, she denies their true financial situation and she will take the easy way. If her husband assures her that everything is on the up and up, that's good enough for her. She might have had a lingering concern or some doubts about what they were doing, but let Joe's reassurances be all she needed to go ahead and be complicit.

Oh, I dont know about the "ditzy" thing. She brings in the money and she has for a while. She has managers, accountants, PR people and attorneys. These folks have had attorneys and accountants for quite some time as well.

There is some reason why they think or thought it was an acceptable thing to do. I mean it is pretty blatant. When they filed it seemed pretty obvious that they were hiding assets imo. I am not surprised at the US Atty rejecting plea deals. There is very low tolerance for white collar crime these days and the govt needs every dime it can recover.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chloerock
Back