Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt she said to herself "okay now I'm ready to hang myself - let me be courteous to the neighbors and turn off the music." Ummm NOT. :rolleyes:

I haven't suggested anything about anyone wanting to be "courteous to the neighbors." I am questioning as to why a woman determined to carry out a suicide would supposedly play loud music, which could have resulted in police showing up. Why turn on music so loud a neighbor believed they were having a party that night?

I presume most of us have heard of this so-called game. I am not really sure how it works, nor am I aware of how young a child might be tempted to play it. Does anyone know if this has been known to occur with very young children?

I played it as a kid! 35 yrs ago...or more. ;) STUPID.

There are a few ways to do it, I THINK. We would squeeze each other around the waist and then that would cut off air to the diaphram and at the same time, hold our breath....causing lack of oxygen and we'd pass out, then the person would release the diaphram...we called it the 'pass out' game. DANGEROUS but we didn't know it. Our way took 2 people. I thought later about how dangerous is was, after I grew up...what if the other person never released the diaphram? I might not be here...don't get too excited, ya'll. ;)

I haven't suggested anything about anyone wanting to be "courteous to the neighbors." I am questioning as to why a woman determined to carry out a suicide would supposedly play loud music, which could have resulted in police showing up. Why turn on music so loud a neighbor believed they were having a party that night?

I wasn't suggesting that you were suggesting anything at all. I think you raised a very interesting point, which I did not think of myself -- which is that such loud music WOULD be calling attention to her and could possibly have stopped her from the suicide if one wants to think that's what happened. Personally, I don't think she committed suicide. If LE comes back with that conclusion, I will be surprised. :waitasec:

Also at no point did I hear or read that AS "heard loud music" and when he exited the guest house he found that horrific scene..he simply said he found her hanging. The fact that music was no longer playing is indeed odd.

1,000 apologies .. I have now gone back to that original video and extracted the correct sequence from it ... here is photo # 1 ...

PhotoshopScreenSnapz005-1.jpg

as can be clearly seen you make out the straight dark line coming from the middle of the balcony and hanging down which when it hits the darker tree it is a light line running down which I have marked.

Here is photo #2 (a close up of #1) ...

PhotoshopScreenSnapz007.jpg

Which shows that hanging rope dark where it is against the house and light where it is against the tree in much sharper straighter detail.

Again my apologies for missing this the first time. Now I know why I do not work for law enforcement, and so do you.

Absolutely no apology needed, imo...but I send a big thank you your way for these pics...good work, Bonepile.

Okay, thanks. I too do not believe JS had anything to do with this and didn't view the post as defending him so much as stating we really don't have much to go on. I hadn't paid to attention to the number of posts or the join date, just so just wondered why. :waitasec:

I understood his point though. We speculate...and much of it is indeed conjecture. Until we know what the forensics tell, we won't know if we were right or not.

1,000 apologies .. I have now gone back to that original video and extracted the correct sequence from it ... here is photo # 1 ...

as can be clearly seen you make out the straight dark line coming from the middle of the balcony and hanging down which when it hits the darker tree it is a light line running down which I have marked.

Which shows that hanging rope dark where it is against the house and light where it is against the tree in much sharper straighter detail.

Again my apologies for missing this the first time. Now I know why I do not work for law enforcement, and so do you.

Bonepile,

Thank you so much for the enlargements!! I knew I saw something hanging in that video!!!

BBM.......heck, we here at WS could be reporters because we found the rope hanging and I haven't seen any pictures/close-ups in any of the reports!!

Yes, it does look long enough for AS to be able to stand on the table and cut RN down.

:tyou:

Score

For those not familiar with Coronado, the houses are VERY close together. While it looks like a sprawling mansion, neighbors are quite close. IMHO I don't believe LE can pin down the exact location of the music. It could be next door (L or R) or 2 doors down.

Here are some piccies:

http://www.luxist.com/2006/02/17/the-speckels-mansion-estate-of-the-day/

MOO

Mel

ETA view from the air to show houses close to the mansion.

spreckle.jpg

For those not familiar with Coronado, the houses are VERY close together. While it looks like a sprawling mansion, neighbors are quite close. IMHO I don't believe LE can pin down the exact location of the music. It could be next door (L or R) or 2 doors down.

Here are some piccies:

MOO

Mel

It's listed for 16M; I think JS paid around 14M for it; but I thought I read somewhere that it was worth $7M now..........guess JS got caught in the mortgage meltdown too......

Thank you so much. It makes a lot more sense now why the table is where it is and her body put on the lawn close to the table.

IMO

I think this has been posted, but in combination with the blue-light photo posted earlier of police on an upstairs landing, I wonder if Max fell from the UPPERMOST landing, on the floor where the bedrooms are, over the railing, and onto the chandlier, landing in the foyer, near the bottom of the stairs....? And if it was just a tragic accident, why all differing reports of what DID happen? And if I was a 13-14 yr old and my little brother just fell down accidently, I think I'd want to stay and make sure he was okay...at least till the medics got there.

Two days prior to the Arizona native's death, the six-year-old son of Zahau's boyfriend - 54-year-old Jonah Shacknai - fell down the stairs onto a chandelier at the home

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15110536/is-mysterious-mansion-death-a-suicide-or-homicide

I think this has been posted, but in combination with the blue-light photo posted earlier of police on an upstairs landing, I wonder if Max fell from the UPPERMOST landing, on the floor where the bedrooms are, over the railing, and onto the chandlier, landing in the foyer, near the bottom of the stairs....? And if it was just a tragic accident, why all differing reports of what DID happen? And if I was a 13-14 yr old and my little brother just fell down accidently, I think I'd want to stay and make sure he was okay...at least till the medics got there.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15110536/is-mysterious-mansion-death-a-suicide-or-homicide

Unless there was a reason that GS couldn't stay in the same house with RN -- like maybe there was an argument at the house between RN and the kids. I know pure speculation...but I would think a sister would stick around to see about the condition of her little brother. I don't really get her immediate removal from the property.

That's what I wondered too.

So, police did interogate 2 people (women) on Monday...wasn't sure it we had the link, forgive me if its a repost; my brain is giving out for the day. ;) A few points of interest...

Neighbors reported seeing people being detained on Monday.
"They seem to be going in the house interrogating some people," one neighbor told 10News. "Twenty minutes later, they brought two women put them in squad car [and] took them away."
It's unclear what happened to the women.

During Thursday's press conference authorities said a woman called 911 and reported the unidentified child, who is the son of Jonah Shacknai and his ex-wife Dina, had fallen from a staircase at the home.

When asked about her sister's relationship with Jonah Shacknai, she said, "They were together for two or three years, and I think they were happy … She goes to that Coronado house with his kids. They go there in the summertime."

Prominent San Diego defense attorney Paul Pfingst visited the home late Wednesday night but was refused entrance. Pfingst would only say that he was hired by someone involved in the case but was forbidden to speak with that person.

The 10News I-Team obtained court records that detailed a delinquent payment on a La Jolla rental house involving Dina Shacknai. She rented the property for a month in 2009 for $32,500. It remains unclear why Dina Shacknai rented it when she and her then-husband owned their Coronado mansion.

http://www.10news.com/news/28534601/detail.html

Here are some piccies:

MOO

Mel

ETA view from the air to show houses close to the mansion.

View attachment 17989

If somebody were to call in with a noise complaint, no doubt the caller would have provided the address so LE wouldn't have to guess.

whew, i hope LE throws us a bone soon. sadly i think we still have over a week of waiting imo

If authorities read here....a comment, you have to click 'load more comments', I think...it's a facebook profile-linked posting, iykwim...meaning, the poster used her FB profile to post. I took out her full last name but it can be found on the site.

Linda F. · San Diego, California

I know more. Somebody of authority please email me.
1 · Like

· Reply · Subscribe · July 20 at 7:22pm

From the comment section on this article:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Found-Dead-in-Coronado-Mansion-125558783.html

How far away do you guys think that table was from the spot she was hanging.. you would think that it pretty much would have to be placed directly under her in order to lift her weight to put slack in the rope to cut her down... even if he didn't lift her first, you would think that table you have to be placed under her hanging body...

IMO: it looks too far away...

If authorities read here....a comment, you have to click 'load more comments', I think...it's a facebook profile-linked posting, iykwim...meaning, the poster used her FB profile to post. I took out her full last name but it can be found on the site.

From the comment section on this article:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Found-Dead-in-Coronado-Mansion-125558783.html

Hmmmm....seems bogus to me because if I knew more, I'd be contacting the authorities. Why post that on a comment page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV