Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“IF there was something we missed or something we misinterpreted” - Sheriff Gore 4/5/18

Insert BIG eyeroll! :gasp:

Gore coming on local fox 5 news now. It’s 8:14 am now. You can watch online

Gore: Open to sitting down with attorneys to look at evidence again. Not sure what changed the jurors minds. Most of the evidence was the same as before. Death had elements to make it newsworthy. Death not logical. Why would someone kill someone and stage it as a suicide in an elaborate way.(Gore states here that a murderer trying to disguise it as suicide would not have staged such an elaborate suicide. If killer staging as suicide, would have made it look like a simple suicide. Um, ok) Women have committed suicide in the nude in the past. They do it out of guilt. She felt guilty about Max, talks about diary, put all together with lack of any physical evidence - suicide.

Gore: We did a 2 hr press conference, lots of investigaiton. Still on web site. Willing to discuss to see if there is anything

He's not opposed to reopening the case if there is new evidence leading to that direction

Talked to Greer at studio. Gore: Stand ready to meet with them, realize trauma to Zahau family. He tries to put himself in the position of families. Suicides are always hard for families to accept. Anger directed at him comes with the job.

Greer question recorded earlier for Gore: Sheriff put family through this for years when they knew evidence didn't point to suicide. Mentions Gore opponent who said he will reopen the investigation if elected. Why won't Gore reopen? Gore: Don't bring politics into this. Let's meet, etc. Any detail that's different in evidence if warranted, he will reopen the case.

Sorry for the writing, just quick transcribing. Items in parentheses are my opinion.

ETA: I wonder if Sitrick & Company PR firm are still representing both SDSO and the Shacknai family? Just curious.

That hit me in the face too! Also I see a bit of a change of attitude from Gore now that they may reopen this case. I think only for political reasons tho.

ugh I just had to switch him off. can't bear watching that.

I did note his interesting choice of words though, when he said there was no evidence tying AS to this murder.

That hit me in the face too! Also I see a bit of a change of attitude from Gore now that they may reopen this case. I think only for political reasons tho.

Yes, JMO it's just talk. He won't do anything new. He will continue to discredit any new evidence or viewpoint that Greer brings up. It's not just Gore, but from what I've read over the years, it's always difficult to get LE to re-evaluate their handling of a murder/suicide/missing person, etc.

Gore: Open to sitting down with attorneys to look at evidence again. Not sure what changed the jurors minds. Most of the evidence was the same as before. Death had elements to make it newsworthy. Death not logical. Why would someone kill someone and stage it as a suicide in an elaborate way.(Gore states here that a murderer trying to disguise it as suicide would not have staged such an elaborate suicide. If killer staging as suicide, would have made it look like a simple suicide. Um, ok) Women have committed suicide in the nude in the past. They do it out of guilt. She felt guilty about Max, talks about diary, put all together with lack of any physical evidence - suicide.

Gore: We did a 2 hr press conference, lots of investigaiton. Still on web site. Willing to discuss to see if there is anything

He's not opposed to reopening the case if there is new evidence leading to that direction

Talked to Greer at studio. Gore: Stand ready to meet with them, realize trauma to Zahau family. He tries to put himself in the position of families. Suicides are always hard for families to accept. Anger directed at him comes with the job.

Greer question recorded earlier for Gore: Sheriff put family through this for years when they knew evidence didn't point to suicide. Mentions Gore opponent who said he will reopen the investigation if elected. Why won't Gore reopen? Gore: Don't bring politics into this. Let's meet, etc. Any detail that's different in evidence if warranted, he will reopen the case.

Sorry for the writing, just quick transcribing. Items in parentheses are my opinion.

I am not sold on women commit suicide out of shame, and such an elaborate suicide at that. Unless, she had years of mental instability and had previous knowledge of elaborate knot tying skills.
AS did it. Why did Adam assume she hung herself immediately? I'd fear someone murdered her and could still be on the grounds.

Thanks Verboten. I found it shortly after that and transcribed it.

Given the past history with this case, I wonder if it would also be a good idea to keep screenshots of news articles, photos, etc? Some stuff seemed to disappear the first time around. JMO

:sweep:

I've noticed a few inconsistencies in the voting. It still doesn't affect the overall outcome but still, just saying.

Wow, amazing how many news agencies are covering the verdict. Where were they during the trial?

Hi Mica, I recall a motion was filed for one camera to be allowed for all the agencies who requested to film, so there was just one cameraman. It was a great huge camera and tripod. I was sitting next to it in court.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The San Diego County Sheriff's Department said it would be open to reviewing its evidence that could impact its original conclusions in the wake of the verdict, but it “stands by the findings of the Medical Examiner's Office and our investigators” that the death was a suicide.

Additionally, we are also willing to meet with the Zahau Family to look at any new evidence that came out of the civil trial,” the department added in a statement.

http://www.newsweek.com/who-adam-sh...er-found-responsible-girlfriends-death-872724

Thankyou for posting! I read this too....it’s hopefully the beginning of a ‘backpedal’ IMO.

Whilst an opposition candidate has agreed to reopen the case for the Zahau’s, this will be top of mind For the Sheriff would guess...

The family could perhaps get behind his oppo and do a few PR events to support him, raise awareness and the case profile...

Just my opinion....

I've noticed a few inconsistencies in the voting. It still doesn't affect the overall outcome but still, just saying.

Inconsistencies? Just between the two that voted for some things and against others, or??? What do you mean?

(P.S. I did realize I responded to your Q earlier in the thread & you answered it yourself later in the thread!)

There are a lot of bruised egos here and a lot of money ( on the defense side). Personally, I don’t think the defense side is going to go away quietly. My personal opinion is that they ARE investigating the jury and anything else in order to call this a mistrial. My antennas are up.
I know for a fact, also, that several years ago there was a link that identified the person who clicked on to the link. Be wary. Don’t be paranoid, just be smart.

I heard somewhere in a news summary that some of the jury members had said they were familiar with case, and had even read about it...but they agreed they would be able to set that aside and deal with the evidence. It’s hard not to hear about a case like this, and a person found in such bizarre circumstances I imagine!

Inconsistencies? Just between the two that voted for some things and against others, or??? What do you mean?

(P.S. I did realize I responded to your Q earlier in the thread & you answered it yourself later in the thread!)
Voting that AS should pay damages for a death they voted he didn't cause.

I heard Ms. Rother's comments regarding the San Diego Police and the feeling I got was, that although they would listen for new evidence ( well, what new evidence would there be???- there is plenty of old evidence, isn't there?), they had no plans to
open a criminal case against AS--

Police or Sheriff?

Since an election is upcoming for Sheriff, I hope it is ok to mention the observations of Dr. Scott Fairgrieve on the differences between the Canadian and US system. He is a professor of Forensic Science at Laurentian University. He gave evidence in the Steven Avery case.

A summary of his observations on comparing the two systems:
- Having cameras in the courtroom enabled candidates to use it as part of the campaign for election/relection.
- He discusses a case in Kentucky where public defenders had posters up in all of the offices. He questioned it as he saw it as a conflict of interest and was told that people in the judicial system set aside part of their salary to go to the various campaigns so they can get a fair shake in the court.

All those positions in Canada are appointed, we hope based on their credentials and integrity. The observation he made was that judges/prosecutors/sheriffs etc. are elected in the US & will cater to whoever made the biggest contributions to their campaign for election. He felt that in Canada, these positions have no political motives to convict at any cost. British & Australian system are very similar.

He received a lot of his training in the US & mentioned that they encourage experts to be more suggestive, whereas in Canada experts are encouraged to be move conservative.

I would add that the judge in this case was above and beyond reproach in my opinion.

http://www.michaelspratt.com/poadcast-legal-matters/2016/2/3/the-docket-making-a-murderer-after-show-special-guest-scott-fairgrieve

BBM: Not all of them are elected. My ex in Michigan was a magistrate appointed by the governor, but it was VERY political. Not because of donors, but because the Michigan state senate refused to approve any appointee that they didn't like (that was not in their party). Horrible and stunk to high heaven...governer was told she may as well not re-appoint him because he would not be approved as they disagreed with his decisions over the 3 years of his term (he didn't always side with insurance companies). So in Michigan, if appointed judges want to keep their jobs, they have to cater to a certain political leaning. It was eye-opening, disturbing and personally very painful to go through that.

Agree about the judge in this trial...above and beyond reproach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring