Rebecca's cell phone records

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also from tvscum's link:

Good googly moogly! Are you shi!!ing me???? :eek: NOW you have that witness statement????? No rush though, right?

The important thing is to stay consistent throughout the investigation, from the very start!
:floorlaugh:
On a serious note, it sounds to me like several neighbors heard screams for help that night.

...from article---

Lt. Nesbit said the intact cell phone and other items belonging to the victim will be returned "in about one week" to the Zahau family attorney, Anne Bremner. The Seattle-based lawyer wants the cell phone and evidence in the case turned over as soon as possible.

"We going to do everything we can to investigate and have the phone forensically examined," Bremner said.

On Sept. 2, the San Diego County Medical Examiner and the Sheriff's department ruled Zahau's death a suicide, meaning the criminal investigation was officially closed.

As a result, the case file – including police reports and witness statements collected by investigators – will be turned over to the Zahau family in accordance with California Government Code and victims rights laws, Lt. Nesbit said.

Bremner said she is conducting her own review of California law to determine whether the case records can be released to the media after they are obtained by the family.

I am SO excited and HAPPY!! Nice to know that the great detectives of Websleuths are able to comprehend the laws and passages we have been quoting. Proves how brilliant you all are!!

I actually have tears in my eyes, to think that the Zahau family is one step closer to finding out what actually happened that night!!

Doesn't it just make everything a little brighter today? You all are amazing!!!!! I am proud to be a part of the posters here!!:great::woohoo::dance::p:D:yourock:

I am SO excited and HAPPY!! Nice to know that the great detectives of Websleuths are able to comprehend the laws and passages we have been quoting. Proves how brilliant you all are!!

I actually have tears in my eyes, to think that the Zahau family is one step closer to finding out what actually happened that night!!

Doesn't it just make everything a little brighter today? You all are amazing!!!!! I am proud to be a part of the posters here!!:great::woohoo::dance::p:D:yourock:

Oh thank goodness! I wonder how long it will take all the experts to go through the report etc. Could be months yet before they go to the AG. It is hard waiting!

From this article above....
Great Questions!!! But still no answers. Cant the doctor be forced to answer if subpoened?

In repeated emails and phone messages, News 8 attempted unsuccessfully to obtain clarification of Dr. Peterson's opinions and statements while Max Shacknai was under his care at Rady Children's Hospital.

Specifically, News 8 emailed two questions to Dr. Peterson:

1) Do you agree with the medical examiner's cause of death for Max Shacknai?

2) During the first two days of Max Shacknai's stay in the hospital (Monday and Tuesday) did you express an opinion to any Shacknai family member that Max's critical injuries may have occurred before he fell down the stairs?

Dr. Peterson forwarded News 8's questions to Rady Children's Hospital attorney Angela Vieira and the hospital's public information officer, Benjamin Metcalf.

Metcalf issued the following written response to News 8 on Oct. 5:

We appreciate your interest, however, I have spoken with both Dr. Peterson and the attorney for Rady Children's and neither wish to make any comment regarding this case.

Thanks,
Ben Metcalf
Public Information Officer | Media Relations

Dr. Peterson may be in a tight legal spot. If a doctor expressed this kind of opinion... was it appropriate? Expressing and giving that information to the police is one thing but to the family? Hard to say.

Dr. Peterson may be in a tight legal spot. If a doctor expressed this kind of opinion... was it appropriate? Expressing and giving that information to the police is one thing but to the family? Hard to say.

From what Sunnie has been posting it would not be appropriate to express this opinion to the family. Of course we don't know what if anything he told the family and when.

Yes, Dr. Peterson really stuck his foot in his mouth. IMO it was HIGHLY INAPPROPRIATE and possibly subject him to malpractice for him to make any conjecture before analyzing all the medical data. Even worse, his erroneous statements may have caused the avalanche of violence, humiliation and murder of Rebecca.

I wonder if at some point the FBI could get involved? If we get to the stage of a new investigation by the CA AG .... so many witnesses are in different states! How would that be handled?

What I dont understand is that they can't find this mysterious voicemail, her cell records show no evidence of this call at all.....what makes them so sure that there ever was a voicemail at all? I can only assume that they also checked js cell records and if they did, wouldn't they just come out and say this to prove that they do have the proof that the call was made? This voicemail is the thing that they said drove her over the edge, wouldn't they need undeniable proof of this message? If there was no voicemail, they would have to come up with another theory of what drove her over the edge, and they can't come up with anything else, so they are sticking to their story no matter what. This is all just my opinion...it all just doesn't make sense to me at all.

What I dont understand is that they can't find this mysterious voicemail, her cell records show no evidence of this call at all.....what makes them so sure that there ever was a voicemail at all? I can only assume that they also checked js cell records and if they did, wouldn't they just come out and say this to prove that they do have the proof that the call was made? This voicemail is the thing that they said drove her over the edge, wouldn't they need undeniable proof of this message? If there was no voicemail, they would have to come up with another theory of what drove her over the edge, and they can't come up with anything else, so they are sticking to their story no matter what. This is all just my opinion...it all just doesn't make sense to me at all.

That's about it. So far I have seen no evidence that this voice mail even existed. Police could have said that they have JS phone records to support the existence of this voice mail, but they haven't even said it. I also don't believe the child's condition worsened any-the child apparently had no brain activity when he arrived at the hospital. Of course the possibility remains they still had hope in the beginning but I don't see any info in the autopsy report that the parents were informed of any worsening the evening before RN died. Also the child was scheduled for CAT on Wednesday, and RN was looking forward to it, according to her sister.

I wonder if his cell records will ever be released. I think it is very interesting that there is no incoming calls or texts made from him that entire day until he says he left this voicemail. Obviously she would be home at this time, If you don't get her on her cell why not call the landline?

I wonder if his cell records will ever be released. I think it is very interesting that there is no incoming calls or texts made from him that entire day until he says he left this voicemail. Obviously she would be home at this time, If you don't get her on her cell why not call the landline?

And why did he supposedly leave her a message on her voice mail about the imminent death of the child, without even talking to her? That kind of news, I presume most people would want to tell in person rather than voicemail.

Also, the whole situation with the brother texting him to inform him that she was hung is just bizarre. The fact he called the ex wife to inform her and not call the brother back is bizarre. The fact he didn't go to the house after he was informed was bizarre. Everything about this is bizarre!

Looks like police had to take JS's word that the phone message to voice mail took place, what was in it, and when it was made. There is no log of the message and it was supposedly erased.
Another interesting detail is that DS sister came to town and according to her she wanted to talk with RN about Max's accident. 10: 41 pm is kind of late to be wanting to come over and talk, no?

I now believe that there never was a 12:30 a.m. trigger call from Jonah. The last entry on Rebecca's phone record was the text from Nina's phone at 10:41p.m. Rebecca's phone was on the floor in the murder room. Who ever accessed Rebecca's voice mail at 12:50 a.m. did not erase any messages. They simply accessed the voice mail at 12:50 p.m. Rebecca was probably being murdered around 12:30 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. by whoever had Nina's phone and that same person accessed Rebecca's phone.

Do the police still have the phone. I wonder if Nina's alleged message is still on the phone. The logical answer is simplest and that is there was no record of a 12:30 a.m. voice mail or incoming call from Jonah because he never made one.

That's about it. So far I have seen no evidence that this voice mail even existed. Police could have said that they have JS phone records to support the existence of this voice mail, but they haven't even said it. I also don't believe the child's condition worsened any-the child apparently had no brain activity when he arrived at the hospital. Of course the possibility remains they still had hope in the beginning but I don't see any info in the autopsy report that the parents were informed of any worsening the evening before RN died. Also the child was scheduled for CAT on Wednesday, and RN was looking forward to it, according to her sister.

I believe that Dina and Jonah knew Max's true condition but that Rebecca was being misled to believe Max was doing better than he was and that he would recover. She may have been led to believe that so she would continue to cover up what happened.

If Rebecca knew Max's death was imminent she may have gone to the police and told the true story. Possibly Max was planking with the older kids when the accident happened. Dina was out of the loop so no one told her what happened.

Possibly it would also not be in the best interest of Jonah or the Medicis stockholders if the truth was known. I don't know. However, if Rebecca was covering something up for Jonah and Dina suspected that then I can imagine that would send Dina into a rage. Possibly Jonah also had a motive to cover it up because he knew how Dina was and that she would file a wrongful death suit and possibly press criminal charges against him for negligence.

I now believe that there never was a 12:30 a.m. trigger call from Jonah. The last entry on Rebecca's phone record was the text from Nina's phone at 10:41p.m. Rebecca's phone was on the floor in the murder room. Who ever accessed Rebecca's voice mail at 12:50 a.m. did not erase any messages. They simply accessed the voice mail at 12:50 p.m. Rebecca was probably being murdered around 12:30 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. by whoever had Nina's phone and that same person accessed Rebecca's phone.

Do the police still have the phone. I wonder if Nina's alleged message is still on the phone. The logical answer is simplest and that is there was no record of a 12:30 a.m. voice mail or incoming call from Jonah because he never made one.

BBM - In a recent article from July, SDSO still has Rebecca's phone, computer and camera. Text messages were retrieved by SDSO.

Snip- Zahau's smart phone still contains text messages, a history of incoming and outgoing phone calls, and a journal she had written months before her death, Sheriff's officials said.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15520745/...us-cell-phone-new-witnesses-accounts-reported

IMHO, I'm not sure the voicemail from JS existed. IIRC, there was some question about whether JS had a visit from a Dr. with news of MS's prognosis at such a late hour. Was that question ever resolved? Did one of MS's doctors actually visit JS just prior to midnight to deliver bad news?

IMHO, I'm not sure the voicemail from JS existed. IIRC, there was some question about whether JS had a visit from a Dr. with news of MS's prognosis at such a late hour. Was that question ever resolved? Did one of MS's doctors actually visit JS just prior to midnight to deliver bad news?

NR stated in an interview with a reporter that both JS & DS were told by a doctor at the hospital that Max would never walk again. That would have been earlier in the evening when they were both there.

For some reason JS waits untill after midnight to tell Rebecca about it... they never even discuss it in person and RZ suddenly ties herself up in knots and flings herself off the balcony..... yeah that makes sense....:maddening:

For some strange reason DS contradicts this information in her boy interrupted interview. :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member