Rebecca's Death

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People do not always take the easy way out. There are quite a few gunshots and hangings. Not everyone takes sleeping pills to end it all/

As for revenge---looks like it worked pretty well. Much of the public believes that the Shaknais killed RZ. Pretty good revenge tactic, imo.

As for the letter, she did leave one. Written in huge block letters, for all the world to see.

Link please.

I'm pretty sure they were staying in that apt when Max had his fall. I don't know if they were interviewed because they left fairly quickly - can't remember anyone saying they were or weren't?

But police claim only Rebecca, her sister and Max were at home. Was this couple leaving there or not at the time of the accident? If they were, were they asked to leave after the accident?

Personally, I have a great deal of sympathy for ALL parties involved.

Maybe another set of eyes looking at the investigation into both deaths would help many heal.

I was pondering "why" (other than the time, expense, and duplicaton of effort) the attorney general is not acting and why the Zahau family wasn't contacting the U. S. Department of Justice.

One thing to consider is the political power in CA and D.C. is Democratic. Soooooo, I checked the political contribution of JS. Yep...over $70,000 since 2000. http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/disclosure_data_search.shtml (Click on individual search and type in the last and first name. An individual search could not be linked.)

There are no contributions listed from 2011 on. Is it possible that JS is conserving money, disenchanted with the current economic climate, miffed by the adverse ruling against his accounting firm, or contributing to super pacs.

Regardless, it does cause one to wonder if political influence has prevented these deaths from being evaluated at a "higher level."

Or, perhaps more realistically, everyone would just like this to all go away.

Maybe another set of eyes looking at the investigation into both deaths would help many heal.

I was pondering "why" (other than the time, expense, and duplicaton of effort) the attorney general is not acting and why the Zahau family wasn't contacting the U. S. Department of Justice.

One thing to consider is the political power in CA and D.C. is Democratic. Soooooo, I checked the political contribution of JS. Yep...over $70,000 since 2000. http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/disclosure_data_search.shtml (Click on individual search and type in the last and first name. An individual search could not be linked.)

There are no contributions listed from 2011 on. Is it possible that JS is conserving money, disenchanted with the current economic climate, miffed by the adverse ruling against his accounting firm, or contributing to super pacs.

Regardless, it does cause one to wonder if political influence has prevented these deaths from being evaluated at a "higher level."

But wow-- so many people are STILL talking about it. And it isn't going away.

I will add that Jonah has demonstrated ironclad self control and discipline-- he does not comment, does not seek publicity. Radio silence. Other than noting he is silent, there is little to criticize of his current actions. He does not do interviews, press releases, etc.

Whether you like him or not, that is a pretty smart strategy for him personally in such a contentious and heartbreaking set of cases, with such high media and public profile.

Privacy strategy, as well as business strategy, etc.

I haven't followed this case closely. Barely at all, actually. But I just went back and read about the message painted on the door. So I'm looking at that just knowing the barebones of the case and it seems to me that (1) the reference is to RZ saving JS; and (2) that it's inviting someone to try and save RZ -- meaning she was hanged, but not dropped to hanging. Just left to strangle slowly. I'm sure you all know this, but I don't. Was her neck snapped or not and did RZ testify or provide information to the court in some manner in connection with the divorce/custody proceeding? Sorry to be so graphic.

I haven't followed this case closely. Barely at all, actually. But I just went back and read about the message painted on the door. So I'm looking at that just knowing the barebones of the case and it seems to me that (1) the reference is to RZ saving JS; and (2) that it's inviting someone to try and save RZ -- meaning she was hanged, but not dropped to hanging. Just left to strangle slowly. I'm sure you all know this, but I don't. Was her neck snapped or not and did RZ testify or provide information to the court in some manner in connection with the divorce/custody proceeding? Sorry to be so graphic.

Karmady, here is a link to RZ's autopsy report.

http://www.autopsyfiles.org/reports/Other/zahau, rebecca_report.pdf

She did not have a hangman's fracture, or any bony damage to her cervical spine. She had cartilage damage, crush type, to her larynx, and extensive damage to her strap muscles and sternocleidomastoid muscles. Her left SCM was torn nearly in half. (See page 10 of the AR.)

Wiki link for infrahyoid muscles:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrahyoid_muscles"]Infrahyoid muscles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Sternocleidomastoid muscles:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternocleidomastoid_muscle"]Sternocleidomastoid muscle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Images of Larynx:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=larynx&qpvt=larynx&FORM=IGRE

Karmady, here is a link to RZ's autopsy report.

http://www.autopsyfiles.org/reports/Other/zahau, rebecca_report.pdf

She did not have a hangman's fracture, or any bony damage to her cervical spine. She had cartilage damage, crush type, to her larynx, and extensive damage to her strap muscles and sternocleidomastoid muscles. Her left SCM was torn nearly in half. (See page 10 of the AR.)

Wiki link for infrahyoid muscles:

Infrahyoid muscles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sternocleidomastoid muscles:

Sternocleidomastoid muscle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Images of Larynx:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=larynx&qpvt=larynx&FORM=IGRE

wow, that's a lot! TY. But for starters, she's tied with tow rope and they can't figure out where that came from?? Or have they?

As for the letter, she did leave one. Written in huge block letters, for all the world to see.

Provide link to evidence that it was Rebecca who wrote in huge block letters.

With all that talk about who was present in the house-was there anyone else on the property? It doesn't sound like that to me. If anybody was living on top of the garage we should have heard about them being interviewed.

Except LE did not conduct a thorough investigation. We know they did not ask Adam for a second polygraph, nor did they interview, polygraph, fingerprint or process any of the other main characters who had motive -- Dina, Nina, Jonah.

It just occured to me... when thinking about the dog.... MS could have easily been running full out down that hallway being chased by the dog in play...even calling out the dog's name in excitement and if he tripped near the top of those stairs... if the scooter was leaning up against the railing on that corner.... he could have grabbed it... while he grasped for the railing to stop his fall... instead taking the scooter over with him....

Agree. Any number of accident scenarios could have happened, but Dina's team only chose to discount the one by LE.

But wow-- so many people are STILL talking about it. And it isn't going away.

I will add that Jonah has demonstrated ironclad self control and discipline-- he does not comment, does not seek publicity. Radio silence. Other than noting he is silent, there is little to criticize of his current actions. He does not do interviews, press releases, etc.

Whether you like him or not, that is a pretty smart strategy for him personally in such a contentious and heartbreaking set of cases, with such high media and public profile.

Privacy strategy, as well as business strategy, etc.

Yep...IMO..JS shows a great deal of personal strength and dignity.

[*]NR states she was at Mansion Tuesday night around 10PM (her reason: to talk to RZ to find out what really caused MS injury)
[*]Witness claims to have seen DS at Mansion Tuesday night
[*]So, it is a short leap to enquire what was going on?
[*]NR gave her reason for being there (i.e., interest in finding out from RZ directly what really happened to MS)

rsbm

Please forgive if this has been asked or if I'm not getting it... I believe I read that dina's twin had texted Rebecca requesting that she be allowed to come over and discuss with Rebecca "what happened" but had gotten no answer. Was she (nina or dina or anybody) actually admitting to being at the house with Rebecca?

Nina interview - discussing visit to the mansion

NINA: um so by the time I got back to my sister's that night, I just had this thing in my head I just don't get it - and I said, you know, I'm just gonna go over to her - I'm going to ask Rebecca - can you please show me - like show me where you found him show me how you found him - and then I just wanted to see, like how - show me - where what position. You know I just wanted to see for myself and that's why - (inaudible) it's a very long story - that's why I went there I just wanted her to show me how she found him, because I didn't understand and because she wouldn't tell me,(inaudible) I asked her what happened - she wouldn't give me any information - so my purpose of walking down there and texting her and saying - hey are you around I'd like to come by - was for the sole reason, I was an aunt who was just at the hospital all day with her nephew - seeing him in that condition and saying I just wanted answers - can somebody - please just tell me what happened because I don't understand this. So, that was my reason for going down there - it was ten o'clock at night, I had just gotten back from the hospital - it was about 9:25 or so and I got back from the hospital. So that's why I went there at that time of night. But I figured that she would be there - because I figured where else is she gonna be - but she never answered the door. So I thought because Adam had come in that day, that afternoon, the brother - I thought maybe they went to dinner - I thought - you know? I don't know. Maybe they went to dinner - I don't know. That's - that's honestly what I thought. I thought well - that's kind of weird, that's kind of late (inaudible)

NINA: Yeah, I was at my sister's house. Then I text from my sister's kitchen. Actually it was 9:41 and I have my phone records. 9:41 - I text. I waited until 9:55 - no answer. I didn't get an answer from her. So I said - I'm just going to walk down there to see if she's around. It only takes - you know, five minutes - four or five minutes - to walk down there. The house is this close - and knocked on the door - ring - no answer and so then I left. And I figured like I said - maybe she went out to dinner or something. I couldn't understand it - cause I thought too, why would she not answer my text? I said - She knows it's my number - cause we had text a couple of times from the airport - when I got there, saying hey - I'm here - I'm outside - that kinda thing (inaudible) so I knew she at least had had my number - as far as you know at the airport - just the night before - so I thought it was strange that she didn't even text me back to say - I'm here - I'm going to bed or whatever - I thought no response was strange. But I thought, I don't know maybe she just doesn't want to talk to me. And I just - I dropped it, I left it alone.

NINA: So well - so I walk to the house - actually on the phone with my cousin - saying hey I'm just going to go down there I’m just gonna see if she's around - I just wanna see if she'll show me what happened - so I got there - I walked up to the front door - there's like a few steps that you walk up to the front door - and the door is like glass but it's got like - um some like frost in it that you can see inside? - so I - (inaudible) there’s no porch lights on, nothing - that whole bottom part of the house was dark - the only light that I could see was a light that was like illuminating over the stairs? So I assume like that was like the hallway light - um - on the second floor - and - I - I initially saw that light illuminating over - so but it didn't look like anyone was home - but I went up to the front door - and rang the bell - nothing. Rang the bell a second time - nothing. You know, knocked on the door - like looked through the glass - nothing. So then I walked to my left - down a couple stairs - which is just on the porch - down a couple stairs - and then straight which is towards the garage - now her car was in the driveway - and I thought - well that's strange cause her car is there. So walked down it's - the garage is very close - to the porch area so what you would do is you pass the kitchen - like on that side of the house there's a kitchen - and then the - you guys call the bedroom - I call the sitting room - which is right upstairs from that second floor - there's a gate that goes to the back yard - and I didn't touch the gate - didn't try to open the gate in anyway - I just - there's like little slats in it? and I just kinda tried to look through but it was very dark - just to see maybe there's a light or something - there is nothing - there is no light - but the only light that was on - was in that bedroom - that second bedroom the sitting room - is what I call it - that light - that light the overhead light was on.

NINA: That light was on. So that was the only light - that I saw in the house - other than what looked like the hallway - cause it was illuminating over the stairway? That was the only light that was on - like - there was no other lights on at all. The kitchen was dark. Everything was dark. So I thought, well that's kind of strange cause her car's here - that light's on - that's weird. So then - I just thought - maybe she just doesn't want to talk to me So I turned around. And I left. Right away. And I walked right back to my sister's house got ready for bed and went to sleep. And found out the next morning - what had happened.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/nina_romano.mp3

Except LE did not conduct a thorough investigation. We know they did not ask Adam for a second polygraph, nor did they interview, polygraph, fingerprint or process any of the other main characters who had motive -- Dina, Nina, Jonah.

This is not correct. You might want to listen to Nina's interview on CBS concerning her non testimonial evidence and police interviews.

So... you think because Jonah Shacknai donated money to the Democratic party (probably in AZ, where he is a resident) that this investigation has been compromised by the investigators?
$70,000 in 11 years is less than $7000 a year. That's nothing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...in-georgetown/2012/06/07/gJQA8RoXLV_blog.html
Romney plans trio of D.C. fundraisers, including $50K-per-person dinner in Georgetown

Besides, San Diego tends to sway a little more Republican than the rest of the state due to the military presence... the District Attorney who I guess you think is part of this great political conspiracy is.... Bonnie Dumanis, Republican.

I hardly want to start a debate over politics but this insinuation that the Democrats in California are covering up a homicide because some executive in AZ donated $70,000 to the party over the last 10 or 11 years is ludicrous.

I think that Rebecca called to place the dog in the kennel just hours after Max's accident because she didn't want it tested for injuries or have DNA taken.

According to the 9/2 SDSO presser - Why RZ boarded Ocean. In my opinion
nothing suspicious was detailed by Sgt. Nemeth.

REPORTER:
Could you figure out why she took the dog the kennel? She said she wanted to be able to go to the hospital.

NEMETH:
We believe based on witness interviews the dog was kenneled because she realized that there would be a lot of activity going on and it was one less thing that she would have to worry about.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/index.html

NINA: Yeah. Nighttime uh huh. They took photographs you know the typical front side back angle type photographs. They took everything, hands front back everything. They did DNA swabs, they put that QTip thing in your mouth. They ripped hair out of my head- about 5 or 6 different areas, literally like twisted it and ripped it out of my head. Um they took fingernail- they do a thing where they like scrape under your fingernail, um they did that and um I also gave them the clothes that I was wearing that night-that Tuesday night and I was like bummed I was like I just got these yoga pants and I was like ok and I was like damn it ok of course and like really do you really need my new yoga pants. SO i gave them um my shoes- I even gave them my shoes, they were some reebok easy tone tennis shoes and some black yoga pants, the tank top I was wearing and then the little like yoga type covered jacket that I was wearing.

CROSSTALK: What color was the top and the jacket?

NINA: They were both dark grey. The jacket and the tank were both dark grey. So listen the guy who said that he thought that he saw my sister I could see I was in a dark grey yoga outfit.

CROSSTALK: Dark grey top and black pants?

NINA: yeah, dark grey tank top and like a dark grey type of like a yoga really light like material jacket.

CROSSTALK: Did you say dark grey pink top or grey top, I'm sorry?

NINA: Tank top.

CROSSTALK: Did they take fingerprints?

NINA: Yeah yeah. They took a whole thing they took fingerprints and then like whole like hand like palm prints like a hand at one time. Yeah they took everything.

CROSSTALK: Did they do that same thing to your sister, Dina, do ya know?

NINA: (pause) Uh no, they didn't.

wow, that's a lot! TY. But for starters, she's tied with tow rope and they can't figure out where that came from?? Or have they?

9/2/11 SDSO p/c - where the rope POSSIBLY came from.

NEMETH:
Rebecca received news regarding Max's grave condition at about 10 min. to one in the morning. She made a decision to take her own life. She located a rope, possibly from the garage. We found a shelf in the garage that had boating items. The rope was a type you would use to tow a person on an inner tube, or something of that manner, behind a boat. There was a void on that shelf -- it was a full shelf until a certain point where there was a void about that wide that was empty. The homeowner wasn't sure if there was a rope in that location but it is possible that's where she found the rope.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/index.html

NINA: Yeah. Nighttime uh huh. They took photographs you know the typical front side back angle type photographs. They took everything, hands front back everything. They did DNA swabs, they put that QTip thing in your mouth. They ripped hair out of my head- about 5 or 6 different areas, literally like twisted it and ripped it out of my head. Um they took fingernail- they do a thing where they like scrape under your fingernail, um they did that and um I also gave them the clothes that I was wearing that night-that Tuesday night and I was like bummed I was like I just got these yoga pants and I was like ok and I was like damn it ok of course and like really do you really need my new yoga pants. SO i gave them um my shoes- I even gave them my shoes, they were some reebok easy tone tennis shoes and some black yoga pants, the tank top I was wearing and then the little like yoga type covered jacket that I was wearing.

CROSSTALK: What color was the top and the jacket?

NINA: They were both dark grey. The jacket and the tank were both dark grey. So listen the guy who said that he thought that he saw my sister I could see I was in a dark grey yoga outfit.

CROSSTALK: Dark grey top and black pants?

NINA: yeah, dark grey tank top and like a dark grey type of like a yoga really light like material jacket.

CROSSTALK: Did you say dark grey pink top or grey top, I'm sorry?

NINA: Tank top.

CROSSTALK: Did they take fingerprints?

NINA: Yeah yeah. They took a whole thing they took fingerprints and then like whole like hand like palm prints like a hand at one time. Yeah they took everything.

CROSSTALK: Did they do that same thing to your sister, Dina, do ya know?

NINA: (pause) Uh no, they didn't.

Thanks. So Nina was interviewed and processed but not polygraphed. And Dina and Jonah were not investigated at all.

If Jonah had given to some politician in San Diego County, I could see some worries about influence through campaign giving, but I don't think $70k spread out over 10 years and several states really means anything. I certainly doubt it has anything to do with influencing the CA AG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uhohspaghettiO