Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried to read the letter-- couldn't get past page 2. Disgusting.

Am I the only one wondering how this letter got leaked...?.

I had horrible nightmares last night. Nothing to do with this directly but of not being able to get away from someone and not being able to call out or scream. My husband woke me up and I was inconsolable and had to sleep snuggled up to him so he would be able to sense sooner if I went into the
I was truly shocked and horrified yesterday. I follow a lot of missing and murder cases. I started reading true crime when I was 15. Psychology was my major in college. I have read a good deal of information on sociopaths and psychopaths and I can't really explain my reaction yesterday. It was deep in my soul. I will admit that there have been times that I wondered about Jodi, wondered wether she was just a personality disordered girl who could not handle abandonment and who was somehow able to keep exes around, and that allowed her some sort of ability to cope and that the situation with Travis and what he said to her just broke what little bit of sanity she had and well... we all know what happened.

I know I look for reasons, explainable reasons, I suppose to some degree because of my own childhood and experiences but in large part because there is not one single thing we can do for a person who is just evil.

I look at pictures of her as a child and cannot connect the two? It is something I need to come to terms with. Not everyone can be fixed. Not everyone has been hurt. I love children, I always have, even when I was not much more than a child myself I loved babies and anyone younger than myself. I probably should have been a teacher. I love my families kids, my neighbors kids, kids in my children's classes and on their sport teams and I can't even fathom how one of them could someday turn out to be evil like this. Yesterday was a window into something that closed some hidden notion or question- entirely. Forever. For me.

I truly believe the Alexanders have and will rise above this. I believe they learned this same lesson several years ago. I think it was as hard for them being victims in their own childhoods as anyone... I wonder what benefit of the doubt they initially, momentarily gave her, and how quickly it was shut off forever after the letter and more information was received. I wonder how they struggled, in their faith, believing that we are all children of God and how they had to reconcile that with the fact that Jodi is no child of God and pure evil. I see them united, unwavering and together. They have lost so much but you would almost never know it to look at them in moments they are not filled with pain. I hope more than anything that Jodi gets the sentence they feel she deserves and then they move on and heal, to the best of their ability together, stronger than ever. I hope they never cross paths with evil again.

They have suffered enough for several lifetimes. I am comforted that Travis is with his beloved mom mom and his father and mother and this time their connection is different and that together they watch over all of the siblings that were left behind.

For me personally, I hope this trial wraps up soon. I have a lot of wonderful activities coming this spring and I am going to commit to taking a break from all of this.

Frigga, you are amazing. Every post from you is remarkable. I hope I speak for so many other Websleuthers that we are so lucky you are a part of our community.
Thank you

How about...she's not a jealous person? I nearly fell off my chair!

Confronting Bianca, hacking social media, reading his texts, emailing Lisa, slashing his tires, the Christmas tree, the doggy door, spying on him through the window...nope, not jealous at all.

According to the State vs JA Facebook page "there is a possibility that trial will run late into the evening on Monday 1/26/2015. Attorneys, court staff and jurors are preparing to stay until 8pm if needed and/or necessary. We will know more on Monday." Why the sudden urgency?

Okay, I see someone else posted this info upthread. :)

Here's where Cathy (courtchatter) posted naturait if you can't see it at her site.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://courtchatter.tv/documents/arias/jalettertotafamilya5.pdf

Sometimes I have no words! What a psychopath she is! It was all about HER. As she said, as Travis lay dying (from the two ninjas) she didn't think of calling for help for him. She said she only thought of her dad and brother and their safety. What a crock! Then later she mentions finding those responsible. She said she isn't sad for they would be found one day. So naturally, in her arrest picture she had to smile. OMG! Who talks like this? BritsKate has known Jodi's psychopathy all along. Poor Travis. And
how about the part of him on all fours and holding his head with his right hand? That had to be when she shot him. He was tortured and now she has to torture his family. And the disgusting way she spoke of Deanna Reid.
Jodi Arias...death is coming for you.

I think she knew the letter portions were coming in yesterday and dressed to deflect - 'I'm too cute and sexy to be as mean as JM is going to make me out to be, see?' I also think that outfit said she'd likely testify again, and maybe why JSS is finally speeding things up, she knows how long JA could be on the stand again if she gets back up there. I don't think the defense has any more witnesses to put on so it's either her or we go to JM's rebuttal sometime early next week (or whenever the DT lets Geff off the stand). I'm just wondering how JA procurred a black bra to go with that snazzy (barf) shank top?

:giggle:

Okay, it's Friday evening, I've had a full and busy week at work, I came home today and poured myself a glass of wine to relax, aaaand where do I finally wind up, but here! I tried to stay away just for this evening, but I can't because . . . I can't.

Anyway, maybe it's the wine taking effect, but thanks to Dr Fonz (dating myself here) I'll forever think things like: "that's a shanky top" or "she's such a shank" or "what a shank." If I ever say such things aloud, I don't know what my friends will think.

Just in case anyone was wondering. In her letter:

203 me's.
3 myself's.
1775 I's.

56 Travis'.

Is this the same letter she sent along with the 18 Iris's? I only ask because this was sent on July 28th, and she was already in jail. I thought I read about the about the Iris's in her journal??? (because TA loved that name) :frown:
I'm confused. How could she have written about the Iris's in her journal, BEFORE she was arrested? Was that injected in her journal after she killed him> :confused:

Sorry If this makes no sense, I sprang 3 of my fingers on my right hand and am tying with my left. I am not ambidextrous (or a murderer) like JA ~

In response to Dmacky's post - hmmmm 18 irises/18 page letter. Prolly nothing but coincidence but maybe not. Thoughts?

Another thing that struck me as very strange was her comment about backing out of the drive without looking and that it was the wrong way to drive. For Pete's sake! If the family for one second is believing any of this sick fantasy, their beloved brother is dying upstairs while another is fleeing for her life from demented ninjas. Why would they give a flying doughnut about how carefully she backed the car?

She has no earthly concept of how rational people think.

Wow. Bombshell tonight. Not to sound like a broken record, but I keep coming back to the word depraved. She is depraved.

The Alexander family made a wise decision to release this letter. I still can't get past the length of it. 18 pages, peeps....18 pages!

According to the State vs JA Facebook page "there is a possibility that trial will run late into the evening on Monday 1/26/2015. Attorneys, court staff and jurors are preparing to stay until 8pm if needed and/or necessary. We will know more on Monday." Why the sudden urgency?

Okay, I see someone else posted this info upthread. :)

I am wondering if they have a new witness that says they can only be in court on that one day. Or maybe Geff is saying he has other priorities and needs to bounce?

Beth's page has the letters written in jodi's handwriting...

Oh, and she couldn't call Travis any help, cuz her phone was dead....oh, and they looked at her car reg so they knew her calif address, so she left him there to die....sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54