Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all my long life I've always thought there was at least a smidgen of good in every person, no matter their failings, but after reading that letter JA has made me gravely doubt that, she is a horror of a human being. Not just dating or sending that to his family on his birthday but mentioning it, as if a present to them. She gave no details about any injuries he suffered but went on and on about her own (and countless other details that were just bizarre, like the young blonde girls outside). I do hope the jury gets to read the entire thing, it likely will seal her fate.

I read it. She's still a psychopath. :biggrin:

The whole damned thing just reeks of pretty much every form of psychological abuse one can muster. She's just not very accomplished at it. A 'good' psychopath would actually have most of us feeling sorry for them. It just makes many of us hate her even more. Gotta admit, I love saying she isn't even a good psychopath though. Epic fail on practically every level.

One bit I found interesting was her specifically referencing what Tanisha had written online. So, I think there is more to her hatred of Travis' family than them simply loving him - it's also knowing that they see through her. I really have no doubt that she will continue to hurt them anyway she can, for as long as she's allowed.

JMO

I've noticed that your posting deeply resonate what i would say about Jodi the psychopath. However after reading her letter i just have no words. Wow

UGH. That's UG as in ugly, + H, as in hateful & haughty

I think she will get back on the stand now just out of spite if for no other reason!

I almost hope she does. I want to see Juan tear into her, and be more agile than he was in the first trial. It will be worth the wait. But I will be just as grateful if she doesn't for the sake of the Alexander family.

I read it. She's still a psychopath. :biggrin:

The whole damned thing just reeks of pretty much every form of psychological abuse one can muster. She's just not very accomplished at it. A 'good' psychopath would actually have most of us feeling sorry for them. It just makes many of us hate her even more. Gotta admit, I love saying she isn't even a good psychopath though. Epic fail on practically every level.

One bit I found interesting was her specifically referencing what Tanisha had written online. So, I think there is more to her hatred of Travis' family than them simply loving him - it's also knowing that they see through her. I really have no doubt that she will continue to hurt them anyway she can, for as long as she's allowed.

JMO

It was exactly what you said it would be Kate. Wow. I am beginning to think that the whole Deanna thing was just her excuse for why Travis made her keep their relationship secret. I really do wonder wether they were ever official but something niggles that she really did think at one time she had a chance with him and that chance (in her warped mind) included marriage. Now we know (at least I didn't know previously) that all of the 'many' christmas gifts were all church related items. What a mind screw. I have a question for AZL or any lawyers here- if there was evidence that showed that Travis did guilt her into the things she claims in emails, IM's or text messages- we would have seen those come in- would we not? If Travis had said they had to hide things because of Deanna, begged Jodi to move near him, begged Jodi not to move home- we would have seen them- wouldn't we have? I am reeling.

It was exactly what you said it would be Kate. Wow. I am beginning to think that the whole Deanna thing was just her excuse for why Travis made her keep their relationship secret. I really do wonder wether they were ever official but something niggles that she really did think at one time she had a chance with him and that chance (in her warped mind) included marriage. Now we know (at least I didn't know previously) that all of the 'many' christmas gifts were all church related items. What a mind screw. I have a question for AZL or any lawyers here- if there was evidence that showed that Travis did guilt her into the things she claims in emails, IM's or text messages- we would have seen those come in- would we not? If Travis had said they had to hide things because of Deanna, begged Jodi to move near him, begged Jodi not to move home- we would have seen them- wouldn't we have? I am reeling.

I think we can safely assume no such emails, IMs or texts exist. But I am not a trial attorney.

Tanisha had made mention online that I was obsessed with Travis. Of session would not be an accurate way to term it. But it’s obsessed means that I cry every day since his death, then maybe there is some accuracy there is obsessed means that I couldn’t stay away, then there is a bit of truth in that. I could not say no to Travis. He would not let me an escape his influential grass. He called me at all hours of the night. The reason I was at his house so frequently was because he invited me over. Most of the time it was in the late evenings when the “coast was clear”. He would send me sweet text messages in the middle of the night, beckoning me to get out of bed and sneak over to his house. It was too hard to resist most times. If I didn’t respond to his solicitations, they would be followed by a heavy and relentless onslaught of the ultimate guilt trip. I know I should’ve been stronger, for his own spiritual well-being and mine. Naturally, I was flattered that he was so attracted to me and wanted to spend time with me. Usually, the feeling was quite mutual. But it became obvious, especially after our behavior continued even after he met Mimi, that neither of us was going to be strong enough as long as we live in such a convenient proximity. I’ve never regretted my decision to move back to CA.

So she took this 'booty call 'behavior on his part as he wanted to marry her? :giggle:

I believe the evidence is that TA begged JA to leave and sold her a car cheaply so she would, was angry that she moved to Mesa and plonked herself just a few blocks away, had no way to anticipate she was going to show up at his house the day she killed him, and didn't want to connect much with her in prime time, which had absolutely zilch to do with Deanna whom he loved and respected.

Undoubtedly we would (of course IANAL either) because they'd actually help substantiate a necessary pattern to prove an abusive relationship. The fact that Travis - by all other accounts - endorsed her moving and encouraged her to date others flies in the face of a very defined pattern we see in the overwhelming majority of abusive relationships.

She was careful to mention, you'll note, that victims of DV often protect their partner by making excuses. She's obviously had a cliff notes version of an abusive relationship - she knows the highlights - but then she doesn't realize things like...most abuse victims would never dream of slashing their partner's tires; most are stalked by their former partners when they leave a relationship; most don't return to their abuser after time and distance (without sharing children, a mortgage, business, etc.); most abusers are so jealous they'd abuse their victims over another guy even glancing their way, etc.

"We began to progress to the point where the talk of marriage became more and more frequent. We often talked about family structure, baby names, how many children we wanted, boys, girls, etc. Each time he referenced the future, he included me in it."

How frequent? Hard for me to believe. They may have discussed it in 'fun' during the very early, newly sexual times, when all was good. But this next part, I do not believe at all:

"I decided we should just be friends on June 29, 2007. This was a very difficult decision for me because I loved him very much. It was especially difficult because he begged me to marry him that same day. He said things would be different. Up to that point, a proposal was expected any time, but once the trust is gone, it is hopeless. I’m not perfect either. I violated his trust by reading text messages that perhaps should have remained private. My justification was I had the right to know, I’m not saying it was okay..."

There are certain phrases in this letter that show her anger even while she denies having any ill feelings. Phrases like...'guilty of those same
folly in relationships with me' (how dare anyone cheat on ME), 'expect him to take me on a trip of that magnitude' (this trip WAS very important to her and she hated him for not taking her), 'little knick-knacks he’d accumulated that adorn his house as a result of our travel together or through gifts from me that he treasured and proudly displayed for fear it would taint your opinion of those same items, which are no doubt now in your possession' (she HATES the fact that the family has all his possessions and wants to ruin them for the family. I am amazed that she didn't burn his lovely house down.)

So many nasty, hurtful comments badly disguised as concern or sympathy. I am sure that she relished every carefully chosen word. This was a gloating over those that Travis loved. Spiteful <modsnip>!

I have read some bizarre things in my life, but that letter has me reeling.

I know it would bring you a great sense of closure to know that his killers were brought t
justice. Ultimately, the persons responsible will be held accountable. I, however, w
ill not serve one day in prison for a heinous crime in which I had no part..

LOL I really should read the posts before I post :smile: I just posted the same thing !

Undoubtedly we would (of course IANAL either) because they'd actually help substantiate a necessary pattern to prove an abusive relationship. The fact that Travis - by all other accounts - endorsed her moving and encouraged her to date others flies in the face of a very defined pattern we see in the overwhelming majority of abusive relationships.

She was careful to mention, you'll note, that victims of DV often protect their partner by making excuses. She's obviously had a cliff notes version of an abusive relationship - she knows the highlights - but then she doesn't realize things like...most abuse victims would never dream of slashing their partner's tires; most are stalked by their former partners when they leave a relationship; most don't return to their abuser after time and distance (without sharing children, a mortgage, business, etc.); most abusers are so jealous they'd abuse their victims over another guy even glancing their way, etc.

BBM
This, to me, clearly makes her the abuser, on all counts! She is just a horrible person! She is truly evil to the core!!

I sat on the floor next to him, petting Napoleon, looking around the room. The pollen I written back in February was still on his whiteboard: roses are red violets are blue, T-dogg the best, forget all the rest, Napoleon&#8217;s pretty great, too.&#8221; Anyway, when we realized we weren&#8217;t getting anywhere w/the pictures, we went back upstairs. I took pictures of him in the shower, but they were tasteful pictures. We were going for a sort of Calvin Klein advertisement kind of look.......

Can't believe she actually typed in that stupid poem. Wow, what a literary genius.

There are certain phrases in this letter that show her anger even while she denies having any ill feelings. Phrases like...'guilty of those same
folly in relationships with me' (how dare anyone cheat on ME), 'expect him to take me on a trip of that magnitude' (this trip WAS very important to her and she hated him for not taking her), 'little knick-knacks he&#8217;d accumulated that adorn his house as a result of our travel together or through gifts from me that he treasured and proudly displayed for fear it would taint your opinion of those same items, which are no doubt now in your possession' (she HATES the fact that the family has all his possessions and wants to ruin them for the family. I am amazed that she didn't burn his lovely house down.)

So many nasty, hurtful comments badly disguised as concern or sympathy. I am sure that she relished every carefully chosen word. This was a gloating over those that Travis loved. Spiteful <modsnip>

My thanks button is MIA again - your post expresses my thoughts perfectly.

The only thing she wrote that wasn't a lie was that she had a tendency to ramble!!

LOL I really should read the posts before I post :smile: I just posted the same thing !

No worries. I think that post is gonna hit everyone who reads in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54