Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the timeline in general - does anyone know the date that the video with TA telling his gun story to his friends with her in his lap? When did that happen? I googled, but didn't come up with it.... TIA

The 2 test thing. Geff did give her 2 tests on the same day (clearly stated in BK notes, muddled in tweets).

I think JM pointing out that the 2 tests produced different results kicked off the scuffling. Geffner said something to the effect of...I can see how it looks like she changed her answers, but that's not what happened. (this during intermission: first round of sidebars, etc. )

At sidebar, JM stated his objective in displaying the questions was to make it clear that she "fooled" the test. He argued that the questions were as relevant as her responses, that he should be able to use anything already entered into evidence, and that Geffner had no legal exposure as relates to the questions being displayed in open court.

Question #14 was the one asking for an account of if and what traumatic experiences. JM stated that other questions were just as relevant and wanted them all in. JSS ruled against him and allowed in only question #14.

JA took this test 3 times. Twice with Heffner (2013) once with Samuels (2010). She answered #14 differently each time.

In 2010, with Samuels, she was going with the ninja story and so the traumatic event she listed related to a stranger and was a lie start to finish, thus invalidating the test.

If I untangled all this correctly... The first test for Geffner was meant to buttress for trial her claim of self defense. Her response on #14 included her lie about being attacked by Travis in the bathroom and killing him in self defense.

Presenting that answer in court has to be problematic, yes? On the grounds of residual doubt, if nothing else. I think that's why JSS' was concerned, and why she asked JM where he was going with his questions.

Geffner test 2. I think his explanation for having her take it twice was that the second test was to ascertain how she reported PTSD relating to the "present."

So one test tailored to backup her specific self defense claims, and the other to more broadly depict her as the victim of DV?

Given that JM's request for additional questions to be shown to the jury triggered Geffner's and the DT's theatrics, I suspect that he can demonstrate that she lied repeatedly on the test, and on specific points he can effectively demonstrate and use against her.

Whether or not JM will be allowed to ask his questions on Monday seems to me to have nothing at all to do with copyright, but maybe something to do with skirting other problems presenting the material may cause. But that's just a guess. :D

Just for the timeline in general - does anyone know the date that the video with TA telling his gun story to his friends with her in his lap? When did that happen? I googled, but didn't come up with it.... TIA

Oklahoma City PPL Convention in 2006

"Setting up the video, Jacob explained that friends were hanging out after a convention in Oklahoma City in 2006."

Source: HLNTV.com

Jacob testified about it here friend, let me listen for exact date, Spring ( March ) 2007

http://youtu.be/3KSpVrL4H7Q?list=PL_Rz53XTtnkEf4qetcdaEwSY00mKCOoYo

Jacob debunked the entire dirty little secret defense. THERE WAS JODI ON HIS LAP, AND IN HOTEL ROOM, in a bathrobe mind you, affectionate, obviously a couple. He was not hiding her. What you cannot see in the video, is there are about twenty other people standing around the lobby area where Travis is telling the story of being robbed. Sitting in the photo you see some of Travis' dearest friends, Chris, Dan, Jacob, et al.

No one could care less if Travis was a virgin, indeed if he is sharing a hotel room with a woman, it is pretty obvious they are not in there playing church bingo. Everyone knew. No one cared. We didn't kiss and tell Jacob explained. We just don't do that. tdogg.jpg

This really doesnt surprise me. This person has rubbed me the wrong way for a bit, from the way she spams everyone on Twitter with links to her blog to the way she basically ripped off EggTree News for her blog. She stole Stabby Einstein from them. Sigh.

ALOT of people really liked RBMD. i'm sorry, she might have been humorous, but her mouth is as foul as they come. i couldnt read it because there was just to much really vulgar language mixed in with the humor. thats just me tho..

I understand that, MeeBee, including AZL's statement re copyright. And of course I'm aware of what was revealed in the guilt phase - that there were no issues then. I don't recall, however, that any actual questions (other than the "root cause" one) were read/revealed in the guilt phase - only the resulting scores and scales and so on.

I also seem to have missed, in this phase, any tweets or whatever saying that Willmott was accusing DeMarte of violating copyright by handing the test over. And if I had I'd be confused. It would make sense if it was a blank one, but not in regards to a completed one being disclosed to the other party within a criminal trial. So that doesn't make sense to me.

I also don't remember Demarte being accused of copyright violation in the guilt phase. The laughable part that I recall was Willmott trying to make it seem like a bad thing that Demarte wasn't using the very latest version of the test, released six months or so before.

All of which I'm well aware may be errors and shortcomings on my part. Feel free to set me straight, though of course I'll be digging deeper myself. As things stand, it seems to me that the issue is protecting the integrity of the test, by not revealing the questions, and regarding copyright violations, JSS did say very clearly that it wasn't her job to babysit the media in that regard - they could do what they liked.

Here is snippets of the test ... Apparently, it does not mean anything except for the final score.

"Psychologist Janeen DeMarte debunks Richard Samuels tests"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Po8LA_8HM

The shouting as quietly as possible. How does one do that!:thinking:

there is one way misty, and thats letting her demon speak thru her. intense hatred of something good, tremendous anger, talking through clenched teeth at times, spit spraying, gloating, power, the "how dare he" hatred speech. shouting as quiet as possible - speaks volumes.

ALOT of people really liked RBMD. i'm sorry, she might have been humorous, but her mouth is as foul as they come. i couldnt read it because there was just to much really vulgar language mixed in with the humor. thats just me tho..

And Beth Karas had a hard time reading your name on her nightly video the other day. I was :floorlaugh: when I knew whose name she was trying to state.

I am watching clips Dr. DeDemarte w/ Juan and Travis wrote Reagan Housley and told her he was afraid of Jodi and she was stalking him. :eek:

As much as I miss my beloved Ontario, I do not miss the three days of summer (which always seemed to fall not on Sat or Sun...)
We get 4 days of summer now. It was part of the free trade agreement with Mexico. The day is celebrated in February however.:loveyou:

I am watching clips Dr. DeDemarte w/ Juan and Travis wrote Reagan Housley and told her he was afraid of Jodi and she was stalking him. :eek:

Ah yes, that was a good one. I recall ALV saying she didn't believe him.Juan had a field day with her on that!!! This is where he started saying she had magic powers imagined that enabled her to " go behind the words" and guess what Travis really meant.

I know defense tried to exclude Karp's report, and I want to say they also tried the same with Samuels' for this phase - both were denied IIRC, but can't find it now. Lots of sealing has been done on minute entries, some retroactively, so either I'm remembering wrong or it's no longer public. But the copyright argument, IMO, is only their solution to the PTSD problem. Why JSS is going along with it, knowing all of that was on camera in the guilt phase is anyone's guess. Samuels' and now Geffner's tests are a problem for them, along with knowing DeMarte is on her way, LOL!

My favorite part of Dr. DeMarte's testimony was when she go it out that Jodi Arias "took" an engagement ring Travis had bought for Linda Ballard, and that Jodi Arias was so overtly obsessed with Travis Alexander she was once found hiding behind his Christmas tree. One could actually hear Jodi Arias tell Jen to object and that "It is NOT in evidence. She was pissed off. She looked arrogant as Jen/Nurmi went up to side bar, but that smirk got wiped off her face when the judge over ruled and Juan was allowed to ask again about the Christmas tree hiding incident. If it were a cartoon she would have had smoke coming out of her ears.

My favorite part of Dr. DeMarte's testimony was when she go it out that Jodi Arias "took" an engagement ring Travis had bought for Linda Ballard, and that Jodi Arias was so overtly obsessed with Travis Alexander she was once found hiding behind his Christmas tree. One could actually hear Jodi Arias tell Jen to object and that "It is NOT in evidence. She was pissed off. She looked arrogant as Jen/Nurmi went up to side bar, but that smirk got wiped off her face when the judge over ruled and Juan was allowed to ask again about the Christmas tree hiding incident. If it were a cartoon she would have had smoke coming out of her ears.

What I found funny was the Willmott went along with the objection knowing that Demarte was allowed to use hearsay evidence. It's like she was like, ok good enough, all that matters is that I object right now. Then she kind of smirked to herself like, that was a dumb objection.

everytime i go to the next page in this forum it logs me out, and when i log back in it takes me to the forum page. also when i reply to a post it takes me to a white blank page. went to the faq page and read thru, cleared cookies, but hasnt helped. does anyone have an idea why this is, and if there's a way to fix the problem?

thanks in advance. :)

Make sure you tick off the little box to "Remember Me", when entering your info but before you login.

Thanks so much! I took some liberties with the above to try to condense what I had asked about into a more readable format. I cleaned out the hashtags, reversed the order to make it read down instead of up, and got rid of the tweet time info. (I hope that's okay.) You can see why trial reporting by tweet gets confusing.

So Geff definitely did some of his own testing. I remember all the discussion about Samuels at the first trial and his conclusion that she was innocent because the ninjas caused PTSD or whatever. When Geffner came on to bolster Samuels and rebut DeMarte, did he also provide test results of his own back then, or was all this done after the original trial?

The first half of the tweets above indicates that Geffner did test her twice. It sounds like both were supposed to relate to stress on the day of the murder: once just before she killed him and once just after. But no timeframe is indicated when he did these nor when he did them vs each other. At one sitting in 2010? In 2014? One in 2010 and one in 2014? Who knows?

You can read the "changing answers" business at least a couple of different ways I suppose. Juan could be charging that she wrote down answers and then those were physically changed. Or he could mean that she was 'coached' on the second one to answer certain questions differently than on the first. Or maybe he means something else.

But then Juan gave up on the Geff testing and reverted to the Samuels testing and they never went back to what Geff did.

In any case the whole thing seems ridiculous to me. I never took Psych 101 in college, but how can doing any of these tests years after the fact lead to anything useful? It's even worse if some of this testing was relatively recent: after years of confinement and perhaps even after getting convicted of first-degree murder. And all by someone who is obviously a master manipulator.

Ok, so we know Samuels is psychologist #1, who is #2? Dr. DeMarte?

I think Juan will being it home that the test results conflict because Jodi is a liar and Dr. DeMarte tests are objective.

I think Juan will being it home that the test results conflict because Jodi is a liar and Dr. DeMarte tests are objective.

Psych 1 is Karp

Psych 2 is Samuels

Demarte is just Demarte lol.

I've heard before she had stuff stored in the garage.

She even wrote in her journal on 8/08/07, that TA is letting her store her stuff in his garage for a week free of housecleaning.

Yea, good excuse to have free access to a guy's house and his sheets when he's not around ... offer to clean for free. Sure wish we could see that exif info from the nudes, betcha she took them all herself. I went and checked and the only pic from those nudes that I could still find online(could only find 4 of them, 1 of TA and 3 of her) that showed a datestamp, was the one of TA.

We don't get to hear from Hayes again? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member