Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very good question. I certainly don't believe anything happened sexually that first night at the Hughes' house or the following week at Starbucks after he gave her the Book Of Mormon.

The other thing I've been wondering about lately is her little story about a cultural exchange trip to Costa Rica the summer going into her junior year in high school. Why would someone fabricate a story like if it weren't true? To make their life seem more interesting? So others would view her as worldly? The name of the guy whose host family she says she stayed with, Victor Arias, always sounded too convenient to me, but who am I to say? But then when I heard Deanna did her Mormon mission trip in Costa Rica, I began to think Jodi was adapting someone else's experience as her own. And also... aren't student exchange trips reserved for high school seniors only? She was too busy snooping through Bobby's emails at the library when she would have been a senior in high school, right?

Well, if she didn't visit when she was in high school, hopefully she can find a picture book of Costa Rica in the prison library to look at. Cancun, too!

This is what I have been pondering on!! There is also a "Victor" in one of her pictures with 2 other guys and her. Victor Arias may be a composite of a few guys. She also mentioned taking another trip to Costa Rica while working at a Denny's. Must have got some great tips, HA! I have also always wondered about the Bobby Juarez' "parents/grandparents" story, who were they really, plus the exit of both of them to a nursing home and leaving them the house?? Also notable in her myspace pictures is a collage containing what I take as *wish* pictures, in the bottom left corner is Draculas castle...

The Jodi Arias Death Penalty Retrial: A Juror’s Perspective
by The 13th Juror MD - DAY 29 . . .“A PIOUS MENAGERIE”

(This Perspective dedicated to a prayer and a candle for Detective Flores)

https://www.facebook.com/paul.sanders.921025/posts/895267843851949

Juan goes BOOM

“We had a person there by the name of Jake.”
“Very good,” Juan responded. “Do you, or did you have a computer in the house during that time.”
“I believe Travis was already gone but I had a computer there in September of 2000,” he said pensively but confidently.
“Did you ever know Travis Alexander to use that computer?” Juan asked.
“Not that I recall.”
“Did Jake have access to the computer?”
“Yes, he did.”

Who are the multiple girls that Travis was having sex with JW? Has it been proven he had sex with any more than two women over the course of his 30 years in this entire trial, original and second penalty phase?

They are so sneaky. I don't think JM caught that one did he?

MOO

Regarding the quotes from the trial that this comment reflects..... JW doesn't get her tenses correct! It's maddening. How is anyone to interpret what she's asking if she doesn't use standard English? JW doesn't know what her own question says. I don't even think she's doing this deliberately: I just think her training was poor, she was lazy and didn't buckle down, and she doesn't know any better. During the time JW was talking about, DR was not having sex with TA.

He wasn't having sex with a bunch of other girls, either, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Is Radar another guy who outted himself through letters because he just couldn't stand anyone not knowing it was him they were looking for? Or did law enforcement eventually find him through exhaustive investigative work? I don't remember hearing he walked into a sheriff's office to turned himself in, but didn't he do something to draw attention to himself? Was something tracked to his home computer? Thanks to anyone with the answer.

Yes, almost. He wanted to give a letter to the police. They told him they'd happily take the floppy disk, no need to go to the trouble of printing it. He asked if they could trace it back to him and they said, "Oh yeah, we wish!" So he did it. The metadata on the diskette told the police that he was using the computer at his church and they got him. I could have some more details wrong, but that's how I remember it.

Ugh I hate that guy so much. No way am I going to watch that video. His allocution was disgusting. Jodi's games hurting the Alexanders remind me a lot of that horrible piece of ____.

greatest performance. How she manipulated Travis to let her in and stay. I have tried to imagine what she said. I've wondered if the gun even figured in at some point. Was she completely apologetic? Did she say she was in agony over what she'd put him through and didn't deserve to live? That she had to see him and beg forgiveness in person and, maybe, pay him back the money she owed him. That she would make it right and never darken his door again? That he was a wonderful, good person and she was worthless.

I've always felt Travis was completely clueless that someone who appeared like Jodi could be really, truly evil. That's why he was such a good mark. He was sincere, kind, hardworking, respected and beloved by his many friends, all of whom seemed to be similar in many respects. He seemed so earnest and industrious, sincerely dedicated to being a good person, a good Mormon. He surrounded himself primarily with other practicing Mormons, thus, they all had shared values.

When Jodi came into his life, his world, I don't think he even had the capacity to understand how evil she was. He may have had a tough childhood but since then he carefully built a life he could be proud of and had a strong community of like minded people. In some ways, I think Jodi wanted to BE Travis. Be someone who people loved and admired and wanted to be around. To have a job he was good at and a public speaker people listened to, a budding author, all of these things she had no ability to be. So she mimicked, as sociopaths can do, being like Travis. Maybe she couldn't BE Travis but she could be with Travis and everyone would see her as the same as Travis.

But of course, she couldn't really be like Travis. Acting only goes so far. He found out what she was. But I think he still didn't really believe it. He couldn't really accept that this woman had always actually been acting when she "acted" normal. So, when she showed up at his door with her story, whatever that story was, and I'm sure it was carefully crafted to tug on his heartstrings, he pushed aside his negative feelings about her and opened the door. I think she knew that too, that he would fall for the remorse act. He knew everyone had failings as he did and believed that everyone deserves a chance at redemption. He wouldn't let someone he had cared about, who had been a part of his life, sink into that kind of despair.

Anywho, what do I know? That's just my way of trying to make some sense of the senseless. Why did he let her in? She had done so much to him by then-she had shown him who he was. Why didn't he believe it? It's hard for me because I am much less trusting of people and I'm not nearly as nice as he was. When I get a strong feeling that someone or something is "bad" I don't second guess it or push my feelings aside to be "nice". If only Travis could have been as rude as I would be and slammed the door in her face and called the police if she refused to leave.

I agree, ironically I believe she showed up acting very "remorseful" about what she did to him (whatever that may have been), told him she realized how crazy she had been acting and that she also realized they they would never be anything more than friends and sucked him in again. In fact, I wouldn't put it past her to have used her new "relationship" with Ryan Burns as a way to get him to have sex with her. She could have told him about how she was corresponding with this "nice" Mormon boy and how she was actually on her way to go see him but she needed to come to Mesa for (insert reason) and thought she'd drop in and give TA the pics he asked for and a check towards the car. Then she probably lamented about how long it had been since she had sex and how long it would be before she had it again and even then how boring it would be because Ryan wouldn't be a "freaky" Mormon like him. So she suggests....how about we have one last romp for old times sake before I embark on this new journey toward marriage to Ryan? No one will ever know because she sure wouldn't want Ryan to find out. In fact you can take pictures on your camera and keep them to show that I trust you will not use them against me.

Easy peasy. And the reason why it was so important to her to have sex with him before she killed him was because he may have already gone to his Bishop after she left and moved back to CA to start new, which is how he lost his TR once again. And she knew that. She also knew that if he had sex before he died without repenting for it, well I guess I need one of our Mormon posters to explain the belief on that one as I'm not quite sure and I don't want to get it wrong.

And of course he likely had no idea she was back in the house taking pictures of him in the shower like a scene from Psycho until it was too late.

Evil..pure evil.

MOO

Ohh... so on Victor's trip he visits HER during the school year, but her school trip a few months earlier was just during the summer break? One of these things does not look the other to me. ;)

Idk. It's in JVM book as "during the final quarter of tenth grade" My brother and I did a summer exchange in Guadalajara two years in a row...

So has she been crossed yet by Juan? if not, how on earth is it possible that she was allowed to deliver testimony and not be immediately crossed? perhaps there was an appellate issue I am unaware of but shouldn't that have been resolved by now? What's the hold up?

If she fails to be cross examined, she scores a massive victory, even if they "strike" her testimony. Because the jury heard it unchallenged and they won't magically forget

She refused to testify any further because of the 'reasons given in chambers'. Juan did not request the testimony be stricken and had no problem with the court letting it stand as is. He does get to rebut using previous trial videos. The DT may also use videos to counter his rebuttal. AND JA still gets to stand up and promise to sell her hair (lol) again at the end of all this. I assume that Juan has a plan. :)

Gitana, IMO Paintr is correct. It won't go "unchallenged" by Juan! :)

I
Regarding the quotes from the trial that this comment reflects..... JW doesn't get her tenses correct! It's maddening. How is anyone to interpret what she's asking if she doesn't use standard English? JW doesn't know what her own question says. I don't even think she's doing this deliberately: I just think her training was poor, she was lazy and didn't buckle down, and she doesn't know any better. During the time JW was talking about, DR was not having sex with TA.

He wasn't having sex with a bunch of other girls, either, but that's a whole 'nother story.

The female asking the questions was Maria Schafer and she phrased it as "having" sexual relations around the same time as Jodi. Deanna hadn't had sexual contact with Travis since she talked to her Bishop in 2005. If I were Deanna I would have thought the defense was asking if there was another female that could be involved in the crime somehow or that Jodi was upset with Travis for "having" sex with

Thanks for all this information Hope. I thought the JA email to Travis about wanting credit for her editing, blah, blah, blah, was the 16th and Travis's Gold digger post was the 18th? Either way there was a lot falling into place for sure. Heartbreaking for Travis :(

You're right. Blog was on the 18th. I'll go back to my post and correct it. Thanks.

greatest performance. How she manipulated Travis to let her in and stay. I have tried to imagine what she said. I've wondered if the gun even figured in at some point. Was she completely apologetic? Did she say she was in agony over what she'd put him through and didn't deserve to live? That she had to see him and beg forgiveness in person and, maybe, pay him back the money she owed him. That she would make it right and never darken his door again? That he was a wonderful, good person and she was worthless.

I've always felt Travis was completely clueless that someone who appeared like Jodi could be really, truly evil. That's why he was such a good mark. He was sincere, kind, hardworking, respected and beloved by his many friends, all of whom seemed to be similar in many respects. He seemed so earnest and industrious, sincerely dedicated to being a good person, a good Mormon. He surrounded himself primarily with other practicing Mormons, thus, they all had shared values.

When Jodi came into his life, his world, I don't think he even had the capacity to understand how evil she was. He may have had a tough childhood but since then he carefully built a life he could be proud of and had a strong community of like minded people. In some ways, I think Jodi wanted to BE Travis. Be someone who people loved and admired and wanted to be around. To have a job he was good at and a public speaker people listened to, a budding author, all of these things she had no ability to be. So she mimicked, as sociopaths can do, being like Travis. Maybe she couldn't BE Travis but she could be with Travis and everyone would see her as the same as Travis.

But of course, she couldn't really be like Travis. Acting only goes so far. He found out what she was. But I think he still didn't really believe it. He couldn't really accept that this woman had always actually been acting when she "acted" normal. So, when she showed up at his door with her story, whatever that story was, and I'm sure it was carefully crafted to tug on his heartstrings, he pushed aside his negative feelings about her and opened the door. I think she knew that too, that he would fall for the remorse act. He knew everyone had failings as he did and believed that everyone deserves a chance at redemption. He wouldn't let someone he had cared about, who had been a part of his life, sink into that kind of despair.

Anywho, what do I know? That's just my way of trying to make some sense of the senseless. Why did he let her in? She had done so much to him by then-she had shown him who he was. Why didn't he believe it? It's hard for me because I am much less trusting of people and I'm not nearly as nice as he was. When I get a strong feeling that someone or something is "bad" I don't second guess it or push my feelings aside to be "nice". If only Travis could have been as rude as I would be and slammed the door in her face and called the police if she refused to leave.

This has always bugged me too!

I've always felt she showed up, and when he answered, the performance was centered on "I'm so sorry...blah, blah, blah," and in true dramatic fashion whipped out the gun and put it to her head. Carrying on about how she doesn't deserve to live. Of course that would get her automatc entry, and "yea ok you can stay the night, and we'll talk in the morning." If they did have sex I could picture her "waking him up," in that way that many men can't refuse.

Maybe she then tries to reason with him, thinking she could still get what she wants, but more likely the plan was to kill him regardless, b/c even if he had somehow relented, she knew it wouldn't last. He had to go.

And I definitely agree with the "she wanted to BE him" notion as well.

At the bottom of the page in the intertwined doodles is the bottom one a bee, as in once you mate you die?

A bee?

"I know that I said I saw a dog; it looked like a German Shepherd – perhaps I would probably see a Mexican Chihuahua." ~ Juan Martinez

I've always thought she told him she finally got those pictures he wanted together + the check as partial payment for what she owed him. I also wonder if the disc she put in his computer had something that messed with his computer. I still think she destroyed her hard-drive to get rid of evidence that she was accessing his stuff remotely. Or maybe she had the *advertiser censored*? Hehe. In addition, I have never felt he posed for those pictures willingly. He looks uncomfortable, she looks strange too, and the shots never show her hands. Wondering if perhaps she didn't hold that gun on him for that *session* and torment the Heck out of him first.

Surrebuttals are not automatic and are normally limited to issues that the judge permitted to be raised for the first time in rebuttal. But in the mitigation phase it would be the state asking for surrebuttal. Defense goes first in the mitigation phase and gets a rebuttal at the end. It was somewhat confusing in this case, because Juan went first only to get this jury caught up on the premeditated 1st degree murder and cruelty, then we had victim impact statements, then the defense started their mitigation case. Now we are in the state's response case. Next comes the defense rebuttal (if any). Then allocution and closings. Jodi certainly can offer allocution even if she doesn't testify in the rebuttal phase.

If she is so afraid for her life to testify in front of reporters in this trial, I would think she is too afraid to do her allocation. She shouldn't be able to talk about Travis in a negative way, if she can't be crossed.

A bee?

"I know that I said I saw a dog; it looked like a German Shepherd – perhaps I would probably see a Mexican Chihuahua." ~ Juan Martinez

LOL, I see a bee sitting on top of a honeycomb. Or I could be tired and crosseyed.

Is Radar another guy who outted himself through letters because he just couldn't stand anyone not knowing it was him they were looking for? Or did law enforcement eventually find him through exhaustive investigative work? I don't remember hearing he walked into a sheriff's office to turned himself in, but didn't he do something to draw attention to himself? Was something tracked to his home computer? Thanks to anyone with the answer.

I believe it was the letters he wrote. They were traced to the church computer where he held some position, if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop