Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If these were positive sources, they would have made their way into mitigation.

Apparently Jodi doesn't want her family and friends to help her. Her focus is to convince the jury Travis was an abusive, *advertiser censored* watching pedophile. And her allocution thus far is that her parents were abusive druggies not concerned middle class people who sent their daughter abroad to study Spanish. Except she wound up studying Victor

The genius thing about JM suggesting to the DT that if they didn't want to put up mitigation witnesses, they could use affidavits (even though this just seems to us extremely bizarre)....... JM could keep putting the statements up on the projector to be dissected, over and over. Notice how often he got W1's ridiculous BS blazoned around the courtroom. And then he could match up every single statement, word for word, with witnesses that would negate them. You can't do this with live witness testimony, for practical reasons alone. Details slip through your mind if you just hear them once. Normally, the DT can ask questions so the answers can be fudged or vague. The witness can say stuff that JM would have to disprove on the fly. But with these affidavits, JM has a fixed target that he can study in advance and he can hit the bullseye over and over: it's literally close and in everyone's faces because it's on the wall. BOING! BOOM! BOING! BOOM!

The DT must know the Costa Rica thing never happened otherwise they would have brought it up in mitigation because it might speak well for Jodi.

Shauna Hogans book states that Victor came to Yreka at the end of summer, 1997. He stayed two weeks in Yreka. He went home after a month. Jodi called him in October 1997 and broke up
This was also in sworn testimony that Juan would not let stand if it was a lie. That's what he did. Traced down every single lie, no matter how small and called her on them in front of the jury

The genius thing about JM suggesting to the DT that if they didn't want to put up mitigation witnesses, they could use affidavits (even though this just seems to us extremely bizarre)....... JM could keep putting the statements up on the projector to be dissected, over and over. Notice how often he got W1's ridiculous BS blazoned around the courtroom. And then he could match up every single statement, word for word, with witnesses that would negate them. You can't do this with live witness testimony, for practical reasons alone. Details slip through your mind if you just hear them once. Normally, the DT can ask questions so the answers can be fudged or vague. The witness can say stuff that JM would have to disprove on the fly. But with these affidavits, JM has a fixed target that he can study in advance and he can hit the bullseye over and over: it's literally close and in everyone's faces because it's on the wall. BOING! BOOM! BOING! BOOM!

Yep. He called the Bishop who said Travis had moved out before he ever had the computer in question! That Travis had never used that computer much less stored his child *advertiser censored* on it

Thanks. TM.

And not to pick on you personally, but since you mention Jane's book... the nitpicker in me wants to say that the final quarter of tenth grade is during the school year, not in the summer when I think Jodi testified that she went. And now I guess if the book says Jodi went to Guadalajara, why would she say she went to Costa Rica? A smart girl like her wouldn't confuse the two. It just sounds to me like more inconsistent storytelling. It seems like there's always more than one story to everything.

I like Jane and I'm sure her book has a few details in it that the general public didn't know, even from watching the trial every day for months, but I still have to think that there might also be a few things in her book that were assumed just because Jodi had talked about it so often, so perhaps some details in the book went to press "ok as is" and went unverified. For example, I'm sure when Jane wrote the book, she, like everyone else who's been following this trial, was under the assumption that Jodi and Travis were in an exclusive five month boyfriend/girlfriend relationship simply because Jodi so often said they were. Well, two years later Juan has convinced me (and I think most everyone else now, too) that they never were. Any boyfriend/girlfriend relationship only existed in Jodi's delusional mind. I had always assumed Jodi went on the trip but after finding out that Deanna did in fact go to Costa Rica on her Mormon mission, that's why I'm suspect that Jodi ever really did. It just smacks of Jodi incorporating someone else's experiences into her own empty life. It just sounds too coincidental. And you know what detectives say about coincidences.

I wonder if Jodi ever wrote about the trip in her journal? I would have to believe a high school cultural exchange trip like that would be something noteworthy to report.

Anyways...

I never believed JA and TA were in a "boyfriend/girlfriend" relationship. I watched Flores' interrogations early on and she just doesn't say it right or look right while she's saying it. Maybe she has that "duper's delight" going, I can't recall. Flores knew they weren't: he adopted her language in the interrogation and calmly went with the flow, but you can see his brain working. He thinks it's BS. And he had the truth from TA's friends and family.

IIRC, even Jodi never had the nerve to call the relationship "exclusive", although she acted like it was and didn't want TA to date other women. There doesn't seem to be any communication between them that specified boyfriend/girlfriend, exclusive, honey, dear, sweetheart, roses......

JA wasn't marriage material to anyone, otherwise she would have been married much earlier in life. 27 is late if you think you're "hot"; she's right in thinking no one wanted her.

I've looking for this off and on for 2 weeks! During Wilmot's cross with Dr. DeMarte look how shocked JM looks while DM talks about JA having at a MINIMUM of at least 10 different waitressing jobs, as well as many other jobs. Jenny makes the big mistake of challenging DM by having her confirm that with her notes. DeMarte does, and then adds on a couple of more :lol: JA has also worked as a receptionist at a spa and was a childcare giver??? She took care of a little boy from Nov.2007-Jan.2008 ?
I would wonder if that last one is a lie. Nothing in her journals about that. In fact, to the best of my knowledge we have never discussed that at all. I could be wrong on that. But I certainly have no knowledge of it. We know she was in Mesa at that time, I'll let you much better sleuther's find out what was really going on during this month. (Wilma thought it was year) :smile:

right around 51:06
[video=youtube;FzdHQpWlL3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzdHQpWlL3o[/video]

I've looking for this off and on for 2 weeks! During Wilmot's cross with Dr. DeMarte look how shocked JM looks while DM talks about JA having at a MINIMUM of at least 10 different waitressing jobs, as well as many other jobs. Jenny makes the big mistake of challenging DM by having her confirm that with her notes. DeMarte does, and then adds on a couple of more :lol: JA has also worked as a receptionist at a spa and was a childcare giver??? She took care of a little boy from Nov.2007-Jan.2008 ?
I would wonder if that last one is a lie. Nothing in her journals about that. In fact, to the best of my knowledge we have never discussed that at all. I could be wrong on that. But I certainly have no knowledge of it. We know she was in Mesa at that time, I'll let you much better sleuther's find out what was really going on during this month. (Wilma thought it was year) :smile:

right around 51:06
[video=youtube;FzdHQpWlL3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzdHQpWlL3o[/video]

I doubt "caregiver" describes what JA actually did, but she was indeed paid to take care of a couple's child around that time. She wrote fairly frequently in her journal that the job stressed her, and that she wanted to quit. Guess she needed the money.

I can only imagine how those parents felt when they learned their child had been babysat by a vicious murderer. :gasp:

JA wasn't marriage material to anyone, otherwise she would have been married much earlier in life. 27 is late if you think you're "hot"; she's right in thinking no one wanted her.

Eek! Plenty folks nowadays feel no need to ever get married. Certainly age 27 isn't very late to give it a go. Not if you're an independent, self-supporting woman who has build a satisfying life, and who doesn't need to be in a relationship to feel happy.

Though of course JA was the antithesis of all that.

IA. I likened it the other day as his ability to hit home run after home run against the DTs failed strategy. These guys have been no match for him on any level.

Perhaps the murderess would have faired better if her heinous crime had been perpetrated in another county.

JA was older, less educated, and far more sexually experienced than the average female in TA's singles ward. She knew she couldn't compare, and her failure to attend her own ward's events showed she didn't even try. I think she used the "I had to work Monday nights" excuse in the first trial, when I doubt she worked much at all.

I never believed JA and TA were in a "boyfriend/girlfriend" relationship. I watched Flores' interrogations early on and she just doesn't say it right or look right while she's saying it. Maybe she has that "duper's delight" going, I can't recall. Flores knew they weren't: he adopted her language in the interrogation and calmly went with the flow, but you can see his brain working. He thinks it's BS. And he had the truth from TA's friends and family.

IIRC, even Jodi never had the nerve to call the relationship "exclusive", although she acted like it was and didn't want TA to date other women. There doesn't seem to be any communication between them that specified boyfriend/girlfriend, exclusive, honey, dear, sweetheart, roses......

I take a whole lot of offense to that. Lol. See username.

Yep. He called the Bishop who said Travis had moved out before he ever had the computer in question! That Travis had never used that computer much less stored his child *advertiser censored* on it

I missed that part. How did I miss that? That's so great lol! I think the DT ruined their whole case by introducig Marc McGee's affidavit. Huge. They were actually doing quite well, imo, before they lost focus and moved on to child *advertiser censored* on pc's.

Any idea why that poster is claiming Jodi didn't do it? JA has admitted to the murder more than once, correct?

My guess is they are delusional. Some people just live in a different reality, some believe her story that she was justified and others go as far as believing she didn't even do it. I think one or two actually still think it was ninjas!

It is hard to not feel sorry for those who are that delusional.

I missed that part. How did I miss that? That's so great lol! I think the DT ruined their whole case by introducig Marc McGee's affidavit. Huge. They were actually doing quite well, imo, before their lost focus and moved on to child *advertiser censored* on pc.

I bet they tried like crazy to get the bishop precluded.

Question: I do not know where I picked up this notion but for some reason it is in the back of my mind that the DT originally wanted to call the bishop as their witness. Then they didn't want him but the state did. Again, not sure where I picked that tidbit up...unless I dreamed it, LOL. Anyone else recall anything like this?

I bet they tried like crazy to get the bishop precluded.

Question: I do not know where I picked up this notion but for some reason it is in the back of my mind that the DT originally wanted to call the bishop as their witness. Then they didn't want him but the state did. Again, not sure where I picked that tidbit up...unless I dreamed it, LOL. Anyone else recall anything like this?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?256796-Retrial-for-Sentencing-of-Jodi-Arias-2/page14
First comment and the ones that follow talks about the whole confusion lol.

IA. I likened it the other day as his ability to hit home run after home run against the DTs failed strategy. These guys have been no match for him on any level.

Perhaps the murderess would have faired better if her heinous crime had been perpetrated in another county.

Or perhaps Florida!

My guess is they are delusional. Some people just live in a different reality, some believe her story that she was justified and others go as far as believing she didn't even do it. I think one or two actually still think it was ninjas!

It is hard to not feel sorry for those who are that delusional.
Yeah, there is deluded, and then there is willfully deluded. Those folks are in the latter catagory.

Don't feel sorry for them a bit. I've always said it's a shame stupidity isn't more immediately painful.

Sadly, in this world there are some people who are truly delusional, mentally ill to the extent that they are not living in the reality that we know. And we cannot assume they are all locked up in a ward somewhere for their own good. I do have sympathy for those souls, and I would not be surprised to find a few that have connected in their mind with this murderer. That does not mean I believe all or even a good percentage of the killer's followers are in that category. Some people cannot help being delusional; others just have an agenda.

MeeBee posted

In addition to clarifying what Travis learned, I think he'll also clarify how and what is taught to everyone, leaving little doubt that Jodi was not in the dark about pre marital sex because of Travis' misleading her.

I wonder why JM didn't do this.

Does anyone know if the "Temple Recommend" is just for that large nice Mormon Temple that I think is in Salt Lake City Utah?

I am trying to understand if the "Recommend" means that you get to go inside that specific Temple? Or are there other temples elsewhere that it gives you permission to go inside of?

And if you don't have a "Recommend" then does it mean you cant even set foot inside that building?

Any help if anyone knows is appreciated. There was so much testimony about the "recommend" and just trying to better understand if it means about just that 1 really large nice building I have seen on TV many times.

I may be wrong but I think the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings in there sometimes? Maybe all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela