Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished reading the letter from Jodi to the Alexander family. I really hope the jurors have access to the entire letter in deliberations. There is no doubt after reading that letter that she has absolutely no remorse. And she has absolutely no redeeming qualities. It shows she is a complete nutjob. She spends most of the letter bashing Travis. She states at the end that she will not serve one day in prison for a heinous act SHE DID NOT COMMIT. In my opinion, even amongst all the vitriol she is spewing about Travis, Deanna, Lisa, Mimi - the craziest, most horribly hurtful thing she says in the letter is when she is describing fleeing from the house after the Ninja attack. She is recounting how she was too terrified to get help for Travis (after taking the time to grab her purse), and she states - in parenthesis - "(awful, I know. I didn't look as I backed out. I probably should've never been driving in that kind of state. . . . )" GMAFB!! I cannot believe she is so unaware how totally crazy that statement is. She thinks the awful part of this entire episode is that she didn't "look" while backing the car out of the driveway? That is what she thinks??!!

The letter is a total eye opener as the level of her psychopathy. I really, really want the jury to see this in its entirety.

So Ziggy and Shadowboy ----are the Hawks going to play well against the Pats? I am a huge Hawks fan, but I am a bit nervous about this game. :yes:

As you should be... j/k :lol:

GO PATRIOTS!!

:cheer: :happydance: :cheer:

The Abe-Jodi make-out session was Nov. 2006 iirc, when JA-TA were having sex in cars and motel rooms. I imagine TA was entranced with JA for the initial few months. But he didn't send her anything on Valentine's Day 3 mos. later or even call.

The Abe-Jodi make-out session was Nov. 2006 iirc, when JA-TA were having sex in cars and motel rooms. I imagine TA was entranced with JA for the initial few months. But he didn't send her anything on Valentine's Day 3 mos. later or even call.

I thought the make out session with Abe was a year before TA and JA met?

Great sleuthing but very unwelcome discovery.
gru-ballon-pop-o.gif

In the end, it does not matter if they knew each other, were boyfriend/girlfriend, or were married or divorced. It doesn't matter if he was Mormon, Catholic, or non religious. Doesn't matter if he was rich or poor. What does matter is he was slaughtered by a jealous psychopath.

I've read multiple posters say that Juan has convinced them that Jodi and Travis were never officially dating ("boyfriend/girlfriend"). I was totally part of this school of thought until this afternoon.
I was listening to the original trial while doing chores, and the day of the sex tape starting playing. :shame: Before I could fast forward through it, I heard an exchange that gave me pause.

JA and TA are having a conversation about Abe and how TA did not care for him. The relevant exchange goes like this:

Jodi: "He's like [referring to Abe] . . . 'I don't understand, ya know. I see him in the bathroom, and I'm a ghost to him. He looks right through me . . .'"

(side conversation)

Travis: "He's a ghost to me because what am I supposed to say? You kissed my girlfriend."

Jodi: "That was before I was your girlfriend."

Like many (ok, ALL) of you, I know JA is beyond capable of fabricating a relationship. But after hearing Travis call JA his girlfriend and hearing JA refer to herself as his girlfriend (at least at one point in time) without Travis refuting it, now I'm not so sure. Thoughts?

*To hear the portion of the trial to which I am referring, skip to 8:16

[video=youtube;3uZTXKLqoXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZTXKLqoXE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZTXKLqoXE[/video]

Interesting! Okay, so she may have been girlfriend for a few days, weeks or months. Travis himself says it on the phone so I can't ignore or deny it. One thing we do know is that Travis very quickly realized that she was not girlfriend material.

So Ziggy and Shadowboy ----are the Hawks going to play well against the Pats? I am a huge Hawks fan, but I am a bit nervous about this game. :yes:

I only hope they play better than they did during the first half (three-quarters?) of the last game. That was a heart-stopper. But then I'm a Washington State University Cougar ... We invented the term "coug-ing it." Hope the Hawks don't go there.

Interesting! Okay, so she may have been girlfriend for a few days, weeks or months. Travis himself says it on the phone so I can't ignore or deny it. One thing we do know is that Travis very quickly realized that she was not girlfriend material.

I do wonder if the DT will bring it up again. JM spend (what seemed to me) like a lot of time with Dr. G debating if they were official or not.

Your Bishop or one of his counselors will interview you. You are always asked the same questions every time. If you pass, which you will or you wouldn't have arranged an interview in the 1st place, you are then interviewed by your Stake President or one of his counselors. You will pass that as well and then you are given a small piece of paper that is your recommend. It is good for 2 years and at any LDS temple.

Here is a list of all the temples around the world.
http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/temples/

Thank you for answering. So then you would show this paper to gain admittance if you wanted to enter the temple?

I thought the make out session with Abe was a year before TA and JA met?

I could be wrong, but I thought JA met Abe at a PPL event late spring/summer 2006. Then they met and had lunch at a mall in Pasedena right before or soon after she met TA in Sept. 06. Then Abe and JA met for dinner, followed by their "magic" make-out session, in Palm Desert in Oct. or Nov. 06.

I agree. I think he met her in September and was interested in her. They spoke a lot on the phone. They were getting to know each other. She was interested in becoming a Mormon. To Travis, I believe, this made them boyfriend/girlfriend. Then the crazy started and that ship sailed. I think his idea of "boyfriend/girlfriend" is quite different than what most of us would consider, at that age, "boyfriend/girlfriend". This is not a knock on him, just that I think he was coming from a different place.

I do wonder if the DT will bring it up again. JM spend (what seemed to me) like a lot of time with Dr. G debating if they were official or not.

I don't think they are bright enough to notice and bring it to the jury's attention. They do read here though. Uh oh. :scared:

I don't care if he was having sex with strange women on a daily basis. Nobody deserves to be slaughtered like he was by a jealous, vengeful maniac. JMO. Hope the jury agrees.

Yes!!! That simple statement right there says it all. All this stuff about Travis has nothing to do with mitigation. To so many of us, all this nonsense is the opposite of mitigation. Jealousy and spite are not mitigators. I hope it's as clear to the jury as it is to us.

The defense might have been on to something with the improper handling of evidence. They managed to make that ridiculous, too, when they claimed that someone snuck into the evidence room to download siamese twin *advertiser censored*, or maybe not *advertiser censored*, in the middle of the night, on the victim's laptop. Right.

I don't think they are bright enough to notice and bring it to the jury's attention. They do read here though. Uh oh. :scared:

It's still not believable. He wants to have phone sex with her. Is he going to say, "Girl, you know you're just a booty call don't you?"

What I find truly fascinating after re-watching JW Q Dr D is that she really doesn't know how to ask questions or what the answers are going to be. She seemed shocked to "learn" about all the jobs Jodi had as if she never knew that. And to think she has been in practice for almost 20 years AND teaches other lawyers? I was thinking she was somewhat "green" but after researching her and finding out she has practiced that long and she still can't ask a decent question to save her life? THAT is fascinating to me!

I've read multiple posters say that Juan has convinced them that Jodi and Travis were never officially dating ("boyfriend/girlfriend"). I was totally part of this school of thought until this afternoon.
I was listening to the original trial while doing chores, and the day of the sex tape starting playing. :shame: Before I could fast forward through it, I heard an exchange that gave me pause.

JA and TA are having a conversation about Abe and how TA did not care for him. The relevant exchange goes like this:

Jodi: "He's like [referring to Abe] . . . 'I don't understand, ya know. I see him in the bathroom, and I'm a ghost to him. He looks right through me . . .'"

(side conversation)

Travis: "He's a ghost to me because what am I supposed to say? You kissed my girlfriend."

Like many (ok, ALL) of you, I know JA is beyond capable of fabricating a relationship. But after hearing Travis call JA his girlfriend and hearing JA refer to herself as his girlfriend (at least at one point in time) without Travis refuting it, now I'm not so sure. Thoughts?

[video=youtube;3uZTXKLqoXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZTXKLqoXE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZTXKLqoXE[/video]

I hate to quote myself, but just caught something else. If you keep listening to Travis right after the 8:16 mark I referenced, he seems to indicate that the day when Abe tried to kiss Jodi was the same day that JA got mad at TA over the drunk woman supposedly hanging on Travis.

Listen at 8:35. Travis describes getting "ripped a new one" for having a "drunk chick" hanging on him, and then says that Abe tried to kiss Jodi "five minutes later."

Don't get me wrong - I believe that Jodi made up Abe trying to kiss her that day to "get back" at Travis for helping a drunk woman out. But apparently, Jodi told Travis that it happened, and Travis believed her. In fact, Jodi even seems to forget that she told Travis this lie about Abe because you hear her say "When was that?" and then changes the subject when Travis answers her.

Thank you so much for turning me on to the candle site. It's very soothing to me. The anxiety that following this case has caused me is not healthy. This is helping.

:daisy:

Yes it is wonderful! One thing that I sort of temporarily abandoned is my meditation practice. I just started it again and I'm already sleeping better--fewer nightmares and all that. I gently encourage everyone here to make time for soothing/relaxing rituals. This trial is exhausting. Let's take care of ourselves. :)

I hate to quote myself, but just caught something else. If you keep listening to Travis right after the 8:16 mark I referenced, he seems to indicate that the day when Abe tried to kiss Jodi was the same day that JA got mad at TA over the drunk woman supposedly hanging on Travis.

Listen at 8:35. Travis describes getting "ripped a new one" for having a "drunk chick" hanging on him, and then says that Abe was drunk and tried to kiss Jodi "five minutes later."

Don't get me wrong - I believe that Jodi made up Abe trying to kiss her that day to "get back" at Travis for helping a drunk woman out. But apparently, Jodi told Travis that it happened, and Travis believed her. In fact, Jodi even seems to forget that she told Travis this lie about Abe because you hear her say "When was that?" and then changes the subject when Travis answers her.

It's interesting, the more I listen to these old videos, the more little lies I discover are peppered through everything she says. Opposite of what she says is most likely closer to the truth! I am actually watching all the trial videos on you-tube, kind of an odd little contest to see if I can watch them all before they finish the penalty phase.

It's still not believable. He wants to have phone sex with her. Is he going to say, "Girl, you know you're just a booty call don't you?"

ITA. I may get hit with a rotten tomato, but I don't believe TA was above using a little manipulation (although not to the extent that the DT implies, mind you). I also believe he had heard enough suicide threats and endured far too many dramatic crying jags. If JA wanted to think of herself as his "girlfriend," so be it.

(side conversation)

Good one! Sure, they may have been "BF/GF" but it was very short lived. Jodi was easy and Travis did not want to settle. The deal was over once she snooped in his phone. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop